[mod] The House of O - A Society for BDSM

20 hours ago, DrVec said:

Whats planned in the near future?

At the moment I'm focusing mainly on tweaks and fixes. For more information look for the "The Road Ahead" section in the description.

6 hours ago, CDA239 said:

Hello, i was wondering if there was a way to force/commands join the society as i havent been able to join it in the last three playthroughs am i missing something?

You can force join via the debug mode. Type "set_flag bdsm_debug" in the console. However, it should not be a problem to join the regular way. Do you mean you don't see the House of O in the list of possible societies? Can you not click the button to show interest? Or are you not getting the invitation event? It can take up to two years after first showing interest until you get a reaction. 

3 hours ago, livevil said:

At the moment I'm focusing mainly on tweaks and fixes. For more information look for the "The Road Ahead" section in the description.

You can force join via the debug mode. Type "set_flag bdsm_debug" in the console. However, it should not be a problem to join the regular way. Do you mean you don't see the House of O in the list of possible societies? Can you not click the button to show interest? Or are you not getting the invitation event? It can take up to two years after first showing interest until you get a reaction. 

House of O doesn't appear in the list of possible societies, and the command didnt seem to work .

On 6/13/2020 at 4:19 PM, CDA239 said:

House of O doesn't appear in the list of possible societies, and the command didnt seem to work .

Quick check - are you Tribal or Nomadic? I believe it only shows up for Feudal, Iqta, and MR governments.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for working on this mod!  It's made me play ck2 again after so many months.  

Some bugs that I have noticed. 

-the scopes inside the checks in a few targetted decisions seem to be off somehow.  I noticed i wasn't able to recruit members of my own court nor as a dom initiate a session.

-I believe that the chastity event that comes from the on_action yearly ping and the lock a sub in chastity targeted event decision both lead to the same bdsm event with differing scopes.

-I also noticed long time members of the society had like 40 duels, with rivals in warrior lodges of neighboring pagan countries. I wonder if anyone else has noticed this?  It seems like the ai is giving duel quests to the ai house of o society members

Looking forward to the next update!

On 7/2/2020 at 10:09 AM, cryptojunkie77 said:

I don't know if I am just stupid or I am missing something, but how the hell do I get a chastity belt? I've tried to craft toys permanently, but I've never get one.

I wasn't able to get it either, I ended up adding it through the console.  The events surrounding it are still buggy, like others have said before duplicating belts, locking the dom in the belt too, ai unlocking event happens via decision every 2 months, and other bugs

Great mod; keep up the good work.

Unfortunately I ran into a rather annoying issue with the 1.0.1 version:

The event titled "An Impressive Guest" (I assume that this is Dominate Ruler used by the AI) seems badly bugged. It is surely not working as intended, because both of the available event options do not lead to logical conclusions. I don't know if it is relevant to the bug, but the character played here was an independent countess.

Option 1: "We'll see"

Choosing this causes the player to gain "Submissive" and become independent. The second dialogue box describes the player character from the perspective of the AI: "I knew I'm good, but even I didn't expect X to be so completely overwhelmed..." The X there is the player character's name, and so the description is bugged. It should also be noted that the player remains independent despite swearing fealty, so the end result doesn't work either.

Option 2: "I am yours to command, my Shah"

This one does not cause any changes to the player, but the text indicates that something probably should happen. The dialogue box following that option reads: "As expected, X isn't ready to accept me as her liege yet." X is the player character's name here, so the description is bugged here too.

All of these issues seem to indicate that there's something wrong with the subject-object dynamic (unclear who is doing what to whom), and probably because of the incorrect referencing the entire thing doesn't work in the end.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2020 at 8:20 PM, CDA239 said:

i was playing as Bulgaria 

It sounds like the society doesn't exist in your game. Did you start a new game with the mod? The society doesn't appear in save games that were started without the mod. 

Thanks for the work you're doing on this mod! Enjoying it so far, but ran into some problems with the findom system. The findom modifier doesn't seem to recognize when the slave in question is dead/when you leave the society and keeps firing the event asking you to spend money on your slave continuously, about every two weeks or so. Is there any way to remove the findom modifier by console command?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice mod, only issue I have found is that events sometimes duplicate. Also, when you want to submit, it might not possible if character is leading troops. Besides that, I guess we just need more events and content for subs and doms. Are you still working on this mod? 

Oh, and another issue is that same people keep spamming you, wanting you to be their master or mistress, which is annoying in of itself for a number of reasons.

Also, kind of wish that personal slaves or something similar were available to Dominus/Domina rank as well, since it's a bit annoying that you dominate someone and then somebody else dominates that character (and that makes slaves clog up with lovers). Would be nice then, if there were mechanics to steal somebodies slave away. 

Also, would be nice if there was an option to immediately jump to being Dominus/Domina if you are playing on the setting that allows both genders to become more than servants. 

Finally, there is a problem with hold session event for DOM characters. You can't actually start them, decisions doesn't appear on your sub character. I did change one line in the decisions file, and that seems to have fixed it (I can tell which one, if anyone cares), but I didn't do enough testing to say if it doesn't fuck up in some other way due to change. 

Last minute update before I allow myself to be swallowed by Crusader Kings 3 for the foreseeable future. ^^

I wasn't able to fix all the bugs in the current version of the House of O, but some of the more egregious ones have been addressed. I'll try to find the time to work on the rest. especially the duplicated chastity belts and the findom mishaps have so far eluded me.

That said, I want to take the opportunity to talk a bit about my ideas for a spiritual successor to the House of O. Using new possibilities the new game provides, and putting my experience from modding in CK2 to work, I'm planning on an as of yet untitled mod for Crusader Kings 3.

More Underground and Personal

Crusader Kings 3 features no societies at release. So a global organization like the House of O isn’t a viable option. It’s also not very realistic to have a global secret organization centered around a single unspecified hub, that seems to be a few days of travel away from anywhere.

So the organization in CK3 will be far more splintered and divided into local underground rings. These could be just groups of like-minded acquaintances, or actual, criminal slaver rings.

Dominant or submissive preferences will also be less tied to that organization and can occur in any character. It’s entirely possible to otherwise lead a regular life while expressing that special kink only with your lover.

More Open and Global

On the other hand CK3 comes with an amazingly customizable religion system, and I’d be amiss not to capitalize on that. It’s already possible to reform religions to be a bit more accepting of sexual deviancy, but I want to go a few steps further.

Certain kinks or fetishes could be considered virtuous by a custom religion. A tenet can allow and encourage the open display of dominant and submissive roles. A pagan religion might be centered around a domineering deity with the clergy having the right to subjugate whomever they want. The religion could also outright allow enslavement, or even place one gender in a permanent submissive position to the point where they are considered little more than property.

Enable Ballgag Mode

While most of the content in the House of O is expressed in the form of text, it was very important to me not to skimp on the visual presentation either. The new and improved 3D character models in CK3 present a challenge as well as an opportunity.

Characters can show off more than just a gag and collar. Instead of blurred photos it might even be possible to show actual scenes with those characters in the events.

That's it so far. I hope you enjoyed the House of O and are looking forward to whatever CK3 has in store for us.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Too many bugs, with trigger interactions.  especially when you are part of the Society of O

Demand Dedication points to the wrong Events or have the reverse actor. 

End Findom doesn't appear at all and findom is bugged to pieces with returning X amount past 200k or more. 

Hold Sessions bugs out half way past 100 years or when something unexpected happened. like AI submitting to your Player while you are still dominating.

And more bugs. still even in 1.02 .

While the Events done are Superb and the writing is class A from a female point of view.

Especially if it is about Female Female domination and subversion and dom and sub switching.

The male counter part is poorly done.  and so limited even in choices like slavelife decissions. could be cause of bugs. 

Annoying stuff like having to redo the slave life traits. cause some random events triggered that made them lose sub. 

thus the life traits ... AI doesn't go beyond Private slave stage 3. no matter if I wait around 10 years while having to suffer the horrible spamming being locked up. 

and watching my empire kingdom etc go to ruin. 

Player side it is a bit buggy but possible to reach stage 4. that doesn't even leave a satisfying feeling. with a useless Slave in lockup or hiding. 

But he that is BDSM for you, in the end they always break apart. either the Master get bored of the sub or the Sub is too demanding and find somebody else. 

Now the good news really nice work. from the barebone that wasn't worth playing. till this end piece that blast away all other societies. 

Even if I had to mod and fix huge numbers of bugs.

The Societies itself are boring like F with Paradox creations. so offcourse playing societies alone without other additional content it feels boring.

But the House of 0 in combination with Playable Dynastic Papacy Christianity KSV (if you can mod ad in Rise To Power) more then makes the game better then Dark World Reborn. (for those who wants to play a bit of normal life without all the extra furries futa etc. ) I like the interactions of both sides. 

Something most mods have been getting rid off. cause people think it is a chore. gaming is a chore dimwits. 

There is a whole genre for people who just to clickbait the likes and dislikes works on that idea. 

So if you ever want to go that road , don't instead after the first time reading, you should have a hold sessions quick option and pick the outcome .

Cause I really enjoyed the work put into the hold sessions from both sides. 

Especially with the different artifacts and tools in your possessions. 

Now wish you the best in CK3, but 3D animation ain't so easy to do, you spent a lot of time making something look good that people get bored off after watching it for the third time. so months of work for people wanting a fast click. 

One of the reason I still haven't decided to play CK3 , cause the modding while better then CK2 , the CK3 has too few content compared to CK2 with MODS.