[mod] The House of O - A Society for BDSM

Wow, that is a lot do dig through. Thank you for playing my mod and taking the time to track down bugs and issues. I'll make sure to look over them and fix them for the next version. As for your suggestions, I hope you'll understand, that I can't address all your points in detail, but be assured that I'm not dismissing any of them without a thought. I want to respond to two of them in particular.

First, the favor cost of society powers. I want the House of O to be something, you can explore over several characters and many hours of play. You're not supposed to get all the content within the lifetime of a single character. The collection of toys and devices is something, I view more as a stock that you as the player build up as opposed to your character. In the latter context, the cost of both money and favor would be unrealistic and far to steep. I also get that it would be very likely, that a person wouldn't include their collection of sex toys in their inheritance. But I absolutely hate it, when the game takes things away from me, the player, that I worked hard to obtain. I want it to mean something to acquire an item. One thing I'll look into implementing more though, is to get items through other means, like society quest and random events. There are some, but I feel they're too rare still.

The other big thing is the session system. It's very clunky and extremely hard to fix any issues or implement something new with it. I'm also breaking my own design philosophy of few but meaningful events in a major way. When playing it myself, I quickly grew tired of klicking through walls of text. And while I sank hours upon hours into writing all the different scenes, I found myself getting annoyed with the repetition after only a few sessions in game. I plan to completely remake the session framework into something more akin to the way duels are handled in the game. That probably won't be in the next version though, but something I'll tackle when the mod is functionally complete. Also, if you like the detailed descriptions of every scene, don't fret, there will be an option of switching back to the old system. It just means, that I won't implement any new ideas (which includes long term bondage and outside scenes) for this old clunky system.

Most of your other points are either bugs that I'll work on fixing, or things I'll consider overhauling.

Thanks again for the creative input. I greatly appreciate all reports and suggestions.

On 1/26/2020 at 10:13 AM, livevil said:

I plan to completely remake the session framework into something more akin to the way duels are handled in the game.

I'm a little confused. The duel system in the game is very simple. From what I can tell, it resolves itself with no input from the player except to start it and finish it. How would you make the session framework like it?

True, the duel events are very short and don't allow for any input by the player. What I like about them though, is the dynamic nature of the description, which automatically considers a lot of factors without bothering the player with unnecessary questions.

To be clear, the new sessions will still have opportunities for both partners to influence them, and they won't be reduced to short four line snippets. I feel however, that the amount of purely narrative text and meaningless choices in the current system make the sessions more of a chore to klick through than the fun experience they are supposed to be. By developing a new framework I aim to make every session unique and interesting.

I can't go into more detail at the moment, as it is only a vague concept for now. As I said, that's an issue for after the next update.

7 hours ago, 闲着也是贤者 said:

Change the session system into the duel events is good! Luxuria Fantasia also did it. I'm tired of clicking option and watching repetitive text. This mod is wonderful, thanks for your work!

Wait, where did Luxuria Fantasia implement something like the duel events? 

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, typoking1107 said:

*Checks the date.*

Hmm...

(I'm just messing with ya, take the time you need.)

Yeah sorry, I should have given a statement on that earlier, but I kept rationalizing 'This can still count as early February'. ^^'
Now it definitely can't, and I'm still not ready to show anything new. So I'll have to delay the next DD. I promise I'll have it ready by March 1st.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2020 at 2:15 PM, livevil said:

Yeah sorry, I should have given a statement on that earlier, but I kept rationalizing 'This can still count as early February'. ^^'
Now it definitely can't, and I'm still not ready to show anything new. So I'll have to delay the next DD. I promise I'll have it ready by March 1st.

Take your time, there are ar to few mods around with a slave perspective. Better an immersive stable mod than a rush job.

This is probably the best NSFW mod for this entire game, but I have a request. Is there a way you could make the House joinable even if your already in a Society? Failing that, could you create a version that allows the player to use some of the houses “powers” regardless of there status as a member? 

Hello everyone and welcome to another Dev Diary for the 1.0 Master update. I’m once again sorry for being unable to complete on in February, but here we are. It’s March 1st, and today I’ll talk about the new powers you get as Master/Mistress of the House of O.

Dominate Ruler

So you’ve collected a stable of obedient slaves and grown the power of the House all over the known world. Now it’s time to look at those official borders again. You know you are one of the most influential people in the world, and it’s time to use that influence to make others see your grandeur as well.

With the ‘Dominate Ruler’ power you can make an independent ruler of a lower tier become your vassal. It’s not an easy project though, and will put a considerable strain on your resources, or rather the resources of the House. But those are yours too, right?

dd06_01.jpg.8d302a42cd25cd044abe1c1a1cd84557.jpg

The target of your scheme might just submit outright, but it’s more likely that you’ll have to work them for a while until they’re ready to accept your superiority and sign the feudal contract. There are several factors which influence the base chance of success. Servile traits are obviously helpful in a subject. But the distance from your own realm is important too. If you have to travel around half of the world each time, it’s kind of hard to keep working on your target.

Progress might seem a little slow at first, and your prospective vassal might also realize what you’re up to. But as soon as you’ve found the right angle to work on, it’s only a matter of time.

dd06_02.jpg.0170b8f289f9a235787bff455552014d.jpg

You can try to push a little more aggressively to save time and resources. That might prompt your target to accept vassalage, or you might push to far and annoy them. As is appropriate for a plan this ambitious, it always carries a risk.

Break

Now if you tried and, heaven forbid, failed to make someone submit to you, it’s time to resort to more sinister methods.

The ‘Break’ decision is available on your rivals if they’re either a member of the House or your dungeon. At that point you could of course just off their head, but people tend to take offense to public executions. So you need a more subtle way to get rid of a nuisance, and why not spring a profit in the progress.

If you decide to break someone, they will slowly turn into an obedient but mostly useless slave until they snap and forget their old life and silly ambitions, ready to obey your every command. At that point you can decide to just be done with them and sell them for a sizable sum of gold.

dd06_03.jpg.0b00ef6959938711c79157e3ff166979.jpg

Or you continue working on them, molding them into something new and exciting.

I won’t go into details as to what may come out of these sinister machinations, but it’s certainly better than an annoying rival constantly nagging you with silly duel challenges.

That’s it for this month. The next Dev Diary will be about some new features for BDSM relationships. Releasing it on Sunday gave me a lot of time to get it ready, so the next date to look forward to will be April 5th. Until then, have a good time.

On 2/27/2020 at 6:15 PM, Tableleg0 said:

This is probably the best NSFW mod for this entire game, but I have a request. Is there a way you could make the House joinable even if your already in a Society? Failing that, could you create a version that allows the player to use some of the houses “powers” regardless of there status as a member? 

Sadly it isn't possible to join multiple societies at once. That's a hardcoded restriction, which simply can't be overcome by mods.

A lot of the submissive content is available without joining, if you get lucky and find a dominant lover, but for the rest you'll have to abandon your old society and join the House. The whole concept of this mod is centered around that society, and many of the events rely on that.

I won't stop you though, if you want to make a submod.

21 hours ago, thunderlightning said:

how do make a slave belong exclusively to you alone?

In a relationship, a slave can only have one master. You can dominate a character that is not a member of the House, and they will be yours alone.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello servants and Domini of the House of O. Today is April 5th and for once I’m right on time with the promised development diary. Today I want to talk about two new features bringing new flavor to your relationships; lockable chastity belts and findom.

Chastity Belts

The chastity belt is an item that existed in the mod for quite some time. It can be equipped to drop your fertility down to 0. It retains this functionality, but now it can also be locked onto yourself or your submissive lover. Simply click on their portrait and take the decision ‘Lock Chastity Belt’.

dd07_01.jpg.1f08a1aaaf4a234699583b068859a745.jpg

This works, if either you yourself, or the targeted character are in possession of a chastity belt.

What this does is switch the belt for a locked one that can be neither taken off, nor given away, nor destroyed. At the same time, you get a key that fits this, and only this one device. So no stealing a random key from some stranger.

dd07_02.jpg.2cd68702fbad54296dd729f5c59eb8b4.jpg

If you lock yourself in a chastity belt, there’s not much difference from wearing it like a normal piece of equipment. You’re able to unlock yourself at any time after all. However, if your dominant partner put it on you, they keep the key. And it’s up to them to decide if and when to release you.

Being forced to wear a chastity belt over an extended period of time can be a really stressful experience. But if you endure long enough, the reward in the end will be all the more exhilarating. The longer you endure, the stronger the buff you get at the end.

dd07_03.jpg.41a2e588e157adcce7a8e73d2067f67b.jpg

Findom

As you probably know, findom stands for ‘financial domination’ and describes a dominant person taking control over the sub’s money. In the House of O, this practice is represented by a new power usable by any dominant member on their submissive lover.

After taking the decision, the sub will be forced to give all their current wealth and future earnings to the Dom. It is added to the Dom’s treasury, but tracked in a separate account.

Every year, the Dom gets and opportunity to spend the collected money on some high quality bonuses for their slave. You can of course decide to save up some more, or even spend it entirely on the things that really matter. That expensive sword you always wanted for example. After all, a happy Master makes a happy slave, right?

Given your Dom isn’t a greedy leech, the things they can buy for you are actually way better than anything you yourself could have afforded. For example you might get a highly skilled courtier to replace an incompetent one, a squadron of elite soldiers that cost no maintenance, or even a unique building in one of your holdings.

dd07_04.jpg.9583c806f1e852e6ef66ff304ef44355.jpg

In turn you just need to relinquish any control over your money. No big deal, is it?

That’s it for today. This was the last dev diary before the release of version 1.0. With how much time I’m able to put into the mod at the moment, I expect the update to be ready soon. I won’t make any promises, but I'm currently aiming for a release on May 1st.

1 hour ago, metamar said:

I kinda wish there was a way to do bdsm shenanigans with a spouse or lover without being locked behind dominant or submissive traits.

It's not exactly locked behind the traits themselves. The dom-sub-relationship status is tracked completely independently. You just get those traits by establishing said relationship. It's not necessary to retain them though.

On 4/8/2020 at 4:44 PM, metamar said:

But you can't like hold a session with them unless you're dominant over them. I feel that if your spouse or lover has a high enough opinion of you, it shouldn't really matter.

If they have a high enough opinion, it shouldn't be a problem to dominate them. Without that requirement, nothing would stop them from tying you up in a session out of the blue either. Think about it this way. You need to establish roles and rules in your relationship, before both of you are ready for the next step.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's clear to me now, that the update won't be ready this Weak. I need just a little more time to correct the last errors and bugs. 

However, I'm confident in proclaiming an official and fixed release date now.

v1.0 will be out on Friday May 15th!