[mod] The House of O - A Society for BDSM

On 9/22/2020 at 5:56 PM, JasonThe4th said:

Hello,

got a Problem. I inherited a Chastity Belt and cannot remove it. I do have the key in the inventory though, but it cannot be unlocked. is it a Bug?

Yes, that's a bug. Locked Chastity Belts should not be inherited.

On 9/20/2020 at 8:17 AM, Sielgaudys said:

I hope you don't abandon this mod. I don't really care for CK3 that much, not right now. 

Well, I'm not playing CK2 anymore, so this definitely has a lower priority now. I'm not developing any new features, but as I said, I'll still provide support and try to fix more bugs.

I've got a bug: it seems like I am unable to continue the process of dominating someone. After the initial session, all subsequent events say that I'm unable to make contact with the person I'm trying to dominate (even when said person IS MY HUSBAND!)

(Also the Dominate Ruler option still does nothing.)

To solve the locked Chasity Belt. just go to bdsmSociety\common\bdsm_artifact.

bdsm_chastity_belt_locked change indestructable = no then destroy that locked chasity belt.

Cause I do know there is a event that fix the chasity belt on inheritance. 

The AI simply doesn't want to pay for it.  and thus wears that totally unlockable chasity belt even with the correct key. that doesn't work anymore.

Cause of no modifier or flag. 

I didn't bother to fix it with 

Cause too lazy to code this into the artifact. 

### events
on_artifact_inheritance                    # on action event is sent whenever a character receives an artifact (one event for each artifact)
                                        # Scopes: ROOT is the character, FROM is the artifact, FROMFROM is the old holder

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think this on_action would fix inheritance of locked chastity belts:

# Root = New artifact owner
# From = inherited artifact
# FromFrom = Previous owner
on_artifact_inheritance = {
  effect = {
    if = {
      limit = {
        From = { artifact_type = bdsm_chastity_belt_locked }
      }
      From = {
        unsafe_destroy_artifact = yes
      }
    }
  }
}

Edit: Nope, suddenly stopped working again for me. Feel free to point out what I am doing wrong.

Edit 2:
I modeled this event after seeing how the vanilla Necronomicon was being handled (event WoL.6335), should work correctly.

# Handle chastity belts (on action on_death)
character_event = {
	id = BDSM.10000
	hide_window = yes
	is_triggered_only = yes

trigger = {
		has_artifact = bdsm_chastity_belt_locked
	}

immediate = {
		unsafe_destroy_artifact = bdsm_chastity_belt_locked
	}
}

Hello! I made minor modifications to this mod for myself. I removed the restriction on the only private slave since I wanted to make a full-fledged organization of slave owners. With their trade, etc. But unfortunately my enthusiasm quickly faded. I have hardly tested my version of the mod and am not sure if my version of the mod is free of bugs. But I have features that I have not seen in other mods and maybe someone will find it useful. For example, in my version of the mod there is a plot to imprison.

ck2_1.jpg

ck2_2.jpg

ck2_3.jpg

bdsmSociety(Pacifist03changes).zip

• 1 month later...

Hello! I have a few more fixes for you. Nothing major, but I hope this update gets rid of some annoying situations. As for the problems with the findom system, I can't really find anything wrong with the code. Maybe the variables are behaving differently than I expect from working with other languages.

As for the CK3 mod, I'm still in the planning phase, but aiming to start development soon. I am very likely going to use the Carnalitas framework by Cheri Song. Still, it's going to be several months before there will be a playable version.

• 4 months later...
On 2/18/2021 at 2:52 PM, livevil said:

Hello! I have a few more fixes for you. Nothing major, but I hope this update gets rid of some annoying situations. As for the problems with the findom system, I can't really find anything wrong with the code. Maybe the variables are behaving differently than I expect from working with other languages.

As for the CK3 mod, I'm still in the planning phase, but aiming to start development soon. I am very likely going to use the Carnalitas framework by Cheri Song. Still, it's going to be several months before there will be a playable version.

Best of luck! really looking forward to play your CK3 mod once it gets a playable version. Honestly playing CK without your mod is a bit of a let down for me at this point =P

Completely saps my enthusiasm haha. But I am looking forward to the new DLC about cultures and the latest dev diary about the customization is just a joy to behold! 

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely! I've always wanted dynamic cultures in CK2.

Small Teaser: I'm looking at using the religion framework to add some spice to custom faiths. The new culture system is very open to introducing kinky stuff as well. After all, why limit the fun to a small society when you can turn the whole world into deviants.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

# master modifiers
bdsm_kidnapped_peasants = {
    icon = 104
    local_revolt_risk = 5
    levy_reinforce_rate = -0.2
    local_tax_modifier = -0.2
}

500% local revolt risk is a bit fekin harsh no? And it doesn't even disappear after revolt is crushed. I had to keep a retinue doom stack on my capital for the whole game

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2021 at 10:08 PM, livevil said:

Absolutely! I've always wanted dynamic cultures in CK2.

Small Teaser: I'm looking at using the religion framework to add some spice to custom faiths. The new culture system is very open to introducing kinky stuff as well. After all, why limit the fun to a small society when you can turn the whole world into deviants.

Hi, nice that you will start to mod CK3 as well. But have you considered to implement it for a "secret society" as well? Like using the witch coven mechanic. And doing something forbidden in a prohibitive religion is fun as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello everyone,

a lot of you are probably eager for an update regarding my work. Sadly, I have to curb your expectations. Due to several reasons, a CK3 mod has to take the back burner for now. I'm not abandoning the idea, but I just can't find enough time and energy to actively work on it right now.

That said, this mod was never supposed to be a straight up conversion of the House of O for CK3. So if anyone wants to take up the project of creating a conversion, you have my permission to use all assets that you can extract from the CK2 version so long as you give credit to me for the original mod.

I hope this wasn't too much of a disappointment for after my long silence. If something changes and I decide to take up work on a mod once more, I'll let you know.

• 3 months later...

I have been playing with a slightly modified version of an older version of this mod (before you were able to become master of the House of O) for a long time. Finally bit the bullet, downloaded this and played it a bit as a submissive tonight.

There's a lot of cool stuff and the author laid so much groundwork but unfortunately it looks like the mod got abandoned before polishing. I found that (as a private slave) the findom is either broken, or just a cruel joke. The dom takes absolutely all of your money, forever, until they die making the game nigh-unplayable. When they die you get nothing back, they didn't "save it", you just get a letter saying lol screw you.

Additionally, when the master of the house decided to permanently move me in with him, it put me in hiding with a regent basically permanently. Ok, fine. But then it never progressed any from there. Every once in a while the same event would fire and the master would inform me I was coming to live with him permanently and I would acquire a new form of slave housing stacked on top of the previous one. After playing through many years of this nonsense I finally killed the fucker with the console, declined to serve the replacement master, and received my "lol findom" letter. Of course I was still stuck in hiding permanently, because of course. I managed to use a console cheat to force myself up to rank 3 which kicked me out of hiding, but I'm stuck permanently in the private slave costume despite no longer being a private slave. 

I did find the bdsm WOL traits to be cool and interesting, but unfortunately there's no flavor events that trigger off them (that I experienced, anyway). I'll definitely chalk this up to "Do not become the personal slave of the master, ever and never say yes to findom" and do another run through as a dom. 

Oh I forgot to mention, got locked in chastity and it never seemed to progress. Dude just kept me in chastity my whole life. Hilariously, the dynamic system said the House was leaning towards "lenient" treatment of slaves. And here I am living in a locked box, in permanent chastity, with all the wealth of my kingdom stolen monthly until I killed the bastard.

• 2 months later...
On 7/19/2020 at 5:44 AM, livevil said:

It sounds like the society doesn't exist in your game. Did you start a new game with the mod? The society doesn't appear in save games that were started without the mod. 

Ok, so I'm new at this but I've got the same issue. I started a new game. The House of O is not a listed option under societies, so I can't show an interest in it. I tried a few basic things like uninstalling and reinstalling the game etc. Nothing changed. I've still only got the same four societies to join. What am I doing wrong?

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/14/2022 at 10:00 PM, albatross00000 said:

Ok, so I'm new at this but I've got the same issue. I started a new game. The House of O is not a listed option under societies, so I can't show an interest in it. I tried a few basic things like uninstalling and reinstalling the game etc. Nothing changed. I've still only got the same four societies to join. What am I doing wrong?

It's only available to feudals, idk if there are other checks needed to make the society appear, but one of them is being feudal.