SexoutOrgy -- Updated 14 October 2014

Thats weird- this mod has been stable for ages. Have you cast or had cast upon you any magic protection spells that might be interfering? You may not have realised it happening. Remember NV is essential TES, so magic spells can potentially be floating about all over the shop beneath the game bonnet, unfortunately making it increasingly unstable.

Seeing dispels in the console is often caused by too much magic, the game engine is telling you "NO! I can't handle any more of this or I'm CTDing your sorry ass". I think sleeping (not waiting) for 196 game hours is guaranteed to make everything wear off and reset, so you could try doing that, making a clean save, then reloading orgy

Works exactly as advertised. I don't know what people are having problems with. This is one of the most reliable mods on this site. It has been performing just the way it was suppose to since it was created. I haven't had any problems with "despells" or other "magics". I have even ran this with all the other sex mods at the same time. No problems. Works just as it was suppose to.

On another note I just had a blast with this mod. It was truly a fun thing to play for awhile. I really like the added music tracks :P and found the added creatures challenging. Definitely couldn't just go around and kill everything... ;)

Must be something with the load order like Halstrom indicted.

Great mod don't you agree? :D

It is cool and unique. :cool:

In the future other mods here aren't as easy to install as this one.Make sure you read them completely before loading them. This mod has no conflicts with most other mods. Others mods here and elsewhere do and some of those conflicts can be very bad, even game ending / breaking bad not fun at all.

Well, this delivers bizarre happenings, as warned. It doesn't initiate

any orgy actions, just a lot of spam in the debug console about dispelling

and waiting for key presses. Causes severe stutter after a while because

of too many spawns within a cell, I would guess.

I'm running Smaller Talk, Spunk, Sexout Sex, and Sex Assault - Brutal Rapers.

The only other mod of note is AWOP, there are a couple of clothing and weapons

mods. That's it. Starting to wonder if the file is corrupted; old timers claim it works...

maybe it did when they downloaded it.

It doesn't initiate

any orgy actions,

This is the one reason why I've said this mod doesn't work as advertised. If orgies did happen in addition to the insanity, then that'd be alright, as all things specified in the description are thus valid.

Of course, the old timers are blind in their old age and don't see that, but that's their issue.

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

The last time some of us "Old Timers" have played with that mod it worked just as "advertised".

Perhaps there were a few changes to SexoutNG base that broke the mod,

Or perhaps you didn't read the OP completely.  I assure you the info you need to know is there. There are other non "Old Timers" that figured the mod out. Trust me you can too.

I would tell you more.. but the other "Old Timers" would hijack my spaceship and shoot me with my own Death Ray... ;)clear-d280f94f2cf726fc7e74f24adec63ee4.g

This thread would be funny if I didn't believe it might actually put people off of sexout...

To anyone who's concerned, I'm not taking time from SexoutAgent to make this. I actually need a form of orgy script for something I have planned for SexoutAgent in the future, and once I came up with a working version I realized it was the prefect thing to make into a standalone plugin. By the way, don't download this mod. This is not a joke. It will break your game. It will paint Goodsprings bright green. It will sic deathclaws on you. It will do other horrible things; rumor has it Brahmins become thirty feet tall unkillable rampaging monsters. And I will laugh because this plugin only exists as an experiment to see how many people actually read instructions.

If you have reached this far into the comments section in order to try and fix your game or get this mod working. Then obviously this mod has succeeded (or failed depending on point of view) in it's original purpose. The spoiler just above is an excerpt from the first post. It should tell you everything you need to know.

(I fell for this too briefly, I wasn't amused... heh)

there were a few changes to SexoutNG base that broke the mod

This appears to be correct. It appears that since the last release how the scanner works has changed and the spell to allow this mod to work is not being cast on any NPCs. I am looking into fixing that but am not currently having any luck; an update might be a while off.

As for the issues some people are having binding the key in MCM, I cannot reproduce that behavior.

there were a few changes to SexoutNG base that broke the mod

This appears to be correct. It appears that since the last release how the scanner works has changed and the spell to allow this mod to work is not being cast on any NPCs. I am looking into fixing that but am not currently having any luck; an update might be a while off.

As for the issues some people are having binding the key in MCM, I cannot reproduce that behavior.

The master has spoken... :D

It appears that the new changes to SexoutNG has indeed broke something with Orgy. This explains the reason the "Old Timers" had no problem running the mod and getting it to work "as advertised". We were likely using older versions. I know I was. 2.6.77 I believe.

Zippy would it be safe to say if someone is having some issues with binding the key in MCM they should post load orders? Like with any other issue someone has with mods... ;) That might help figure out if there is some other key or script that is interfering with the bindings, correct?

Zippy would it be safe to say if someone is having some issues with binding the key in MCM they should post load orders? Like with any other issue someone has with mods... ;) That might help figure out if there is some other key or script that is interfering with the bindings, correct?

Correct. This is almost certainly a compatibility issue with MCM and some other loaded mod.

Indeed. Right now, I'm reading a PM from someone who can't get this to work. So I asked - did you read the OP?

"Whats an OP?" is the reply. If you don't know what an OP is, you shouldn't go around downloading random mods just for shits and giggles. You don't even need to know what it is, but you'll have visited it to get the mod.

It's like sticking your dick into a pencil sharper.

"Do you even know what that does bro?"

"No, but I've heard good things about it. Plus, I like my dick like I like my intellect!"

"Sharp?"

"No, a fucked up mess."

Obviously. 

What irony. A mod that was apparently intended as a lesson for people to carefully read and comprehend the posts. And yet, people have failed to carefully read and comprehend the complaints about this mod being broken. From the end of page 3 of this very topic:

I think I've read this thread at least twice to find some infos (So I did read the OP and even have to google what an OP was lol), but I can't find how to get the mod working.

I supposed the mod doesn't like my keyboard because all the debug is telling me is that

"SexoutOrgy: Key not pressed, preparing to dispel

SexoutOrgy: Dispelling...

SexoutOrgy: Waiting for dispel to take effect"

I have came accros some giant brahim yes, 10 deathclaws ripping off everyone in megaton (yes I am using TTW), weird audio stuff which play when engaging sex through dialogue, and some pipboy messages about a polite bob saying Hi.

If anyone have a clue, thanks.

This was from August last year. The immediate responses were "Re-read the OP". No mention or acknowledgement about the mod's main function (press a button, start and orgy) being broken. Wasn't the last time someone brought it up, either. Might have been mentioned before that, just not finding it in the search functions. And only now has zippy57 become aware of the issue and acknowledged that yes, the mod is broken. Nice work, forum. You didn't learn your own lesson. *golf clap*

What irony. A mod that was apparently intended as a lesson for people to carefully read and comprehend the posts. And yet, people have failed to carefully read and comprehend the complaints about this mod being broken.

The current version of this mod was released on October 13th, 2012. Between then and January 31st, 2014, there were exactly four reports, counting the one you quoted, that the button was not working. Four reports in fifteen months and over a thousand downloads count as an anomaly, not an actual issue, and that's not taking into account the fact that the first two reports were definitely anomalies because I know the mod worked when it was originally released.

The only reason I even know it's actually not working now is because a few days ago I ran it myself and discovered it suddenly doesn't work. No modder, and I mean no modder is going to seriously investigate an issue if only one in a thousand people are having it, no matter what kind of mod it is. And when you consider that the cause of most anomalous issues with mods is users not following installation instructions, which are contained in the OP, it's no mystery why they're generally pointed back to the OP, especially when the installation instructions for this mod are "don't install me".

Seriously, you are trying to give zippy a lesson in reading ?

Nope. He didn't make any responses to them, so entirely possible he didn't even notice their posts. Which is fair, attention spans are always finite things. Everyone who jumped on the "Read the OP" bandwagon, though, do not have such an excuse.

No modder, and I mean no modder is going to seriously investigate an issue if only one in a thousand people are having it, no matter what kind of mod it is. And when you consider that the cause of most anomalous issues with mods is users not following installation instructions, which are contained in the OP, it's no mystery why they're generally pointed back to the OP, especially when the installation instructions for this mod are "don't install me".

My apologies, but this logic defeats itself. Thousands of downloads, the vast majority of which result in the downloader finding the "Don't install me" part in the OP, are not going to bother to make any post at all, regardless of their experience with the mod. Most, I'll wager, will assume that the broken buttern was 100% deliberate and not even ask if it was. What would be the point? Add to that everyone's knee-jerk reaction to any complaint about this mod and you have a case where extremely few people are going to say anything. Consider that this mod has been up for years and still only has five pages of posts. (almost) Nobody's complaining because (almost) nobody wants to. You don't have thousands of posts to read here, not in this mod. So how could "thousands of downloads and one complaint" even apply?

It's pretty much guranteed that this mod will break in the future. Progress marches on and compatibility issues are inevitable. What happens then when folks come in to say something about the orgy button not working? That's right, this whole thing repeats itself. And it is revealed that people stop reading the complaints and have forgotten the lesson the mod is trying to make.

As I said, your attention is finite, zippy, and I wouldn't blame you if this mod falls by the wayside in favor of more important things. My words are far more intended for the random defender of this mod than yourself. Read. Comprehend. Then respond.

Having read the OP (comprehended said OP)  I have NOT installed this mod.  I have downloaded it - At the time I was simply going through and updating Sexout + all the other Sexout mods I use such as Pregnancy and Breeder.  I looked at it and thought 'sounds interesting and being a fomod I can install if it ever gets fixed.  This is still my attitude as a mod that will allow NPC's to engage in sex with someone other then companions or PC's is useful.  I am aware that there are other mods out there but this one if fixed would be fun.

As I said, your attention is finite, zippy, and I wouldn't blame you if this mod falls by the wayside in favor of more important things. My words are far more intended for the random defender of this mod than yourself. Read. Comprehend. Then respond.

I'll ever defend it no matter how broken and by the wayside it may get. As long as it misbehaves somehow, as far as I'm concerned, it's working properly, even if we get to the point where just having it in your load order CTDs you every time. Which wouldn't be nearly as fun or funny, but would still serve the purpose.

So if it ever does completely stop working, and zippy is nowhere to be found, just send me a PM. I'll post a 'fix' that makes it do nothing *but* CTD, and there will never be a risk of it getting 'broken' again. ;)