no

3 hours ago, DoctaSax said:

I intend to have them in the past, so I can skip the years where they're boring and just filthy.

Would it be wrong to just adopt a really hot 25-30 year old chick??????  Ya know, so she could call you daddy!

ROFL!!!!

1 hour ago, gregathit said:

Would it be wrong to just adopt a really hot 25-30 year old chick??????  Ya know, so she could call you daddy!

ROFL!!!!

Pervert :P

Can you afford the games and the game consoles and the lessons, and the camps, and the fees (for school, for school-donations)

Or will you let them grow like weeds, until they're old enough to seek the kindness of strangers (and neighborhood gangs?)

The celebrity-endorsed clothing.

The eventual car and the college tuition.

The heart surgery you'll have worrying about them (or not worrying about them and getting surgery from getting shot)

7 hours ago, 2dk2c said:

Can you afford the games and the game consoles and the lessons, and the camps, and the fees (for school, for school-donations)

Or will you let them grow like weeds, until they're old enough to seek the kindness of strangers (and neighborhood gangs?)

The celebrity-endorsed clothing.

The eventual car and the college tuition.

The heart surgery you'll have worrying about them (or not worrying about them and getting surgery from getting shot)

These are a few of the important questions one has to answer prior to a pregnancy, not during like the silverback that banged me up and got cold penguin feet in the process. May the bastard rot in the arms of his new girlfriend or behind bars. Pfff!

49 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Not a chance. I'm just waiting to heal up from my latest surgery before I get the tubes tied now that I know my insurance will pay for the procedure. My attempt at helping clean the gene pool. :classic_wink:

Clean is such an ugly word. If we remove what we deem unclean then humanity would cease to be. Come to think of it I kind of like the sound of that.

Guess personal poverty is the main driver of a rapidly growing 'no' in the Western world, hardly living la vida loca of the rich jet set beyond the virtual reality or the standard excuse that a child would be ugly, mean and a pain in the ass. First and foremost, a child, esp. a singleton is expensive, a luxury the poor single or couple cannot afford in the fight for the survival of the living standard. However, being poor in the glamorous first world is a striking social taboo folks actually don't want to talk about or even confess, no frigging way. Thus, the illusive American Dream dies last as the childless poor multiply like rabbits (and the birth rates decline), almost following Moore's law in the process, or so it seems. 

I wish I was the kind of person that wanted children sometimes, if for no other reason than because I know my parents would love to have grandkids one day, but I'm pretty realistic and I understand that unless I make major changes in my financial priorities, my hobbies and my sociability, children are pretty much off the table.  That said, I'm not exactly in danger of missing my opportunity for kids just yet so who knows, maybe one day I'll decide I do want a family of my own and I'll make those changes.  Until then, no, I don't think children are in the cards for me.

Right now I don't. I don't like the idea of having children atm. I'd prefer to enjoy life with a girlfriend, spend time with her, travel, explore the world. Do things many families can't due to having children.

Maybe someone truly special could change my mind though so I don't completely close that option.

8 minutes ago, Piiska said:

Do things many families can't due to having children.

Oh, but you can do ... at least it's not directly the children who keep you from doing this and that.

But I fear it's indirectly true, exactly as you said it.

No children means all to-be-parents have their full time to earn money and are only those two to spent it wisely for their own enjoyment.

The opposite goes true if you have children - less time to earn money, more money needed, more mouths to feed.

So, if you fall on a fluffy carpet of money from your own parents, I don't see any problems at all.

Bad luck for all other people on earth.

27 minutes ago, worik said:

Oh, but you can do ... at least it's not directly the children who keep you from doing this and that.

But I fear it's indirectly true, exactly as you said it.

No children means all to-be-parents have their full time to earn money and are only those two to spent it wisely for their own enjoyment.

The opposite goes true if you have children - less time to earn money, more money needed, more mouths to feed.

So, if you fall on a fluffy carpet of money from your own parents, I don't see any problems at all.

Bad luck for all other people on earth.

You are absolutely right. People with children can do stuff and they do. I'd just like it to be like either of us could spontaniously suggest something what to do, where to go and we would go. If there was children, it would have to be considered where they will stay during that time and all that planning and doubting.

5 hours ago, Sethster said:

I know for a fact that I'd be trash dad, so I'll rather leave the kids duty to my brother. 

Haha I feel the same. My brother has children and that life just doesn't look like it would be for me. I don't hate children though. When I'm visiting my brother and their kids ask me to play football with them, well sure, I can play a bit of football.

3 hours ago, Piiska said:

Haha I feel the same. My brother has children and that life just doesn't look like it would be for me. I don't hate children though. When I'm visiting my brother and their kids ask me to play football with them, well sure, I can play a bit of football.

Feelz.

I don't hate children neither. I'm.. okay (just that lol) with kids and one of my earliest jobs in early teens was babysitting, which I lowkey enjoyed. But to RAISE one of my own, and go through all of the struggles and responsibilities of being a father figure just sounds like a massive pain in the ass for me and would lead to a bunch of dumb decisions that do more harm than good.

So yeah, I cut kids out of my 'wish list' a loooong time ago.

11 hours ago, Jazzman said:

childless poor

Poor people in the states multiply almost exponentially. You can thank Welfare for that- it pays them to sit on their asses and rewards them for each baby they claim- whether it's actually their child or not.

It's not like I made a decision not to have children. It just never happened for me- something I will admit bothers me from time to time.

Archived