23 hours ago, csacskamacska said:

Hello

I'm sorry for my ignorance, but what is AFT ...? .. link?

22 hours ago, kchurchjr said:

Amazing Follower Tweaks ( https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26976 ) It's a Multi Companion mod that allows for more than one Companion . It is NOT compatible with Ivy and folks like talking about it despite Reg's MANY posts about it

without any controversy or confusion, but...

even without AFT being recommended with Ivy, for some stubborn players (like me), there is a way to function relatively well, at your own risk:

1 - AFT should be the last thing on the loading list of Mods.
(remember that if you install other mods later, especially of accompanying ones, I move again the order of loading of AFT to the end of the list for after these new mod.)

2 - "BEFORE" recruit IVY, get close to it and with the AFT menu (that option in the quick menu) select the "ignore NPC" option, after that recruit Ivy.

3 - IMPORTANTLY remember to never use any AFT command over Ivy after that.

Again, this is at your own risk and please do not disturb Reginald if there is any problem??
I'm just commenting because I know stubborn people will try anyway, and maybe that will help.

? ATTENTION

even under certain conditions with AFT, if you can walk with 6 companies at the same time try not to have more at maximum 3, better still if only 2, for a simple reason:  more than that cometários and speeches of them overlap and you end up not taking advantage of any of them right, especially Ivy that has very rich dialogues, also disrupts in the count of affinity, misuses and others among all,

So do not get excited about being able to have 6 at the same time, try to always stay only in 2 or at most 3 companions at a time

? ATTENTION ? ATTENTION ? ATTENTION

making it clear that: the Reginald father of Ivy, has already made it clear that he does not recommend and does not support IVY use with AFT or any other mod of multiple comments or speeches, and that in his tests he verified several different problems in the use of AFT with IVY.
If you continue reading this, it will be at your own risk, and remember not to complain about any possible malfunction here.???

?...
 What I did and did was go to Santuario, with AFT already installed, recruit Codsword, go to the basement of Ivy already with the Voucher, select Ivy with AFT "before" to talk to her and dial in the AFT menus " ignore npc ", then talk to Ivy and recruit her with the voucher.
after that, with Ivy and Codsword, working well, I recruited Heather, Piper, Curie, Exotic, and the gang under test is doing fine for now.

The important thing is that the AFT "does not see or try any control over the IVY" he must completely ignore Ivy.
And it's not just AFT, other mods that control multiple players or those that change interaction with the companions can also interfere and break the AI of Ivy or other companions

In my case from time to time I like to start a new game, and I do not like to dismiss ivy every time I have to play the game with a companion, so I take the risk using AFT, for a few more reasons as well camp, or to have mule pack in some other companion and give the command to retrieve all fallen items, this makes it much easier.

I like walking with Ivy at my side and Header and Piper one implying with the other, to complete the gang I take with SynteticLove.
As AFT allows up to 5 companions and Heather does not count, only takes 3 slotsd with Ivy, Piper and Nora (SynteticLove), still have 2 free slots for some companions that eventually arise in some quest like Nick or Cait ...

For curiosity

I use the SSK FAst Reunions (SKK greats mods)  that already releases Piper and Nick as soon as you leave the Sanctuary and another Bat file that release the Curie, ?
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/30926 SKK FastStart Reunions unlock Diamond, V114 and Ragen in 10 sec.
bat uncurie  uncurie.txt

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:54 AM, silverone said:

I've  edited the .esp and created a custom race for Ivy so I can use custom skeleton and textures for her.  I've managed to use a custom preset of mine for her and I have played about 3 hour without any issue.  I wonder why doesn't she have a custom textures and skeleton implemented yet  and if there anything I am not aware of yet what Will  break Ivy and my save due to I have set a custom race for her ? :D

Great mod btw I love her dirty talk. LOL

Sent you a PM requesting the new esp!

I posted here before in the thread asking about a custom skeleton but received no reply from anyone. 

(Though I did bug Bardonan in PM about his modifications to ivy as well & was givin some tips, thanks again)

Hello

Reginald_001,

first of all many thx for your realy fantastic IVY, i love her realy :)

Just for info, if i visit my Brothel with her, after a few sec. she goes away ( heading Sanctuary ) and dont can be used as companion anymore.

She ALLWAYS go back to Sanctuary from this moment.

The only way to fix is to load a game before the visit.

It is not realy importend because if i visit i left her and take her back after the visit.

Regards

I don't know if it's textbook insanity, or mother natures way of showing us the machinations of natural selection, but the constant bombardment of the AFT posts is both humorous and horrifying.

The basic takeaway from this IMO, is any stand alone companion which works outside Bethesda's companion mechanic is a wonderful addition to the game. How well they play together is for the user to find out. Using a mod like AFT which attempts to force all companions which use some semblance of the scripting inherent in this game into a single rule set is bound to have issues.

People want what they want, you can't fault them for that. Ivy was always meant to be a lone companion, a waifu, never as part of a larger ensemble of followers, it was just not the underlying idea for Ivy.  To begin with, she has way too much dialogue and it just turns into a spamfest of dialogue as soon as you recruit more followers. Secondly, it would have an enormous impact on the quest integration, which already has entries for vanilla companions, that Ivy piggybacks into.

This means that for each dialogue item there is a condition:

- if CURRENT_COMPANION_FACTION = 1

That, times 7000.

Ivy uses the vanilla companion scripting system.

To be able to use multiple followers, it would mean that her entire system would need to be scripted from scratch, not using the vanilla followers system.

Heather was setup like this from the outset, always meant as an EXTRA companion.

Ivy was never meant as EXTRA but as MAIN companion.

This is the last I'll write about it. There's about 50 pages of reasons as to why Ivy doesn't support AFT or any other MF mods.

Plus: It's been handled extensively on the FAQ page.

17 minutes ago, Reginald_001 said:

People want what they want, you can't fault them for that. Ivy was always meant to be a lone companion, a waifu, never as part of a larger ensemble of followers, it was just not the underlying idea for Ivy.  To begin with, she has way too much dialogue and it just turns into a spamfest of dialogue as soon as you recruit more followers. Secondly, it would have an enormous impact on the quest integration, which already has entries for vanilla companions, that Ivy piggybacks into.

This means that for each dialogue item there is a condition:

- if CURRENT_COMPANION_FACTION = 1

That, times 7000.

Ivy uses the vanilla companion scripting system.

To be able to use multiple followers, it would mean that her entire system would need to be scripted from scratch, not using the vanilla followers system.

Heather was setup like this from the outset, always meant as an EXTRA companion.

Ivy was never meant as EXTRA but as MAIN companion.

This is the last I'll write about it. There's about 50 pages of reasons as to why Ivy doesn't support AFT or any other MF mods.

Trust me, I know...

I am custom coding my companion mod from scratch - everything including the affinity system, since a single variable system sucks in my opinion (mine has 10 layers covering a spectrum of emotional response). Mind you, I am using the FollowerScript and Followers quest for mine, as all companions do, but the COM and affinity and all scripting is all custom and it is a pain in the butt to do (yet for someone like me, so much fun). Plus, I am syncing mine to my RSE Elements and Relationship systems, so that adds another layer of complexity to it all. Does anyone honestly think I will give two fucks about AFT being usable? Nerp.

I do not look forward to having to tell people the same thing about AFT. Not one bit. You have the patience of a saint on this. Me man, I will say it once and if people dont clue the fuck in to the word of god, well, thats their fucked up problem... :)

3 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

Trust me, I know...

I am custom coding my companion mod from scratch - everything including the affinity system, since a single variable system sucks in my opinion (mine has 10 layers covering a spectrum of emotional response). Mind you, I am using the FollowerScript and Followers quest for mine, as all companions do, but the COM and affinity and all scripting is all custom and it is a pain in the butt to do (yet for someone like me, so much fun). Plus, I am syncing mine to my RSE Elements and Relationship systems, so that adds another layer of complexity to it all. Does anyone honestly think I will give two fucks about AFT being usable? Nerp.

I do not look forward to having to tell people the same thing about AFT. Not one bit. You have the patience of a saint on this. Me man, I will say it once and if people dont clue the fuck in to the word of god, well, thats their fucked up problem... :)

I basically did the 'same' for Ivy. I completely ignored the affinity system other than some simple indicators, I was planning on using it to make Ivy 'good' or 'bad' but finally found that it took away from the experience (and filtered way too much lines as it basically cuts her dialogue in half, depending on whether the player is good or bad).

She has her own counters for affinity (sleeping, chatting, certain story variables etc..) but the base scripts and companion system are vanilla.

This gives the advantage that you can hook into existing dialogue scenes by adding a few lines in existing groups, instead of having to hack your own companion dialogue in there (and thus overriding the quests entirely making integration with other mods even more difficult).

I'm still firmly convinced that the 'incompatibility' lies not with Ivy, but with those mods.

When companions aren't working with those mods (companions that follow all the basic rules mind you) then it's an issue with the AFT/MF mods and they should include fixes/patches for the available companions like Ivy.

5 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

I basically did the 'same' for Ivy. I completely ignored the affinity system other than some simple indicators, I was planning on using it to make Ivy 'good' or 'bad' but finally found that it took away from the experience (and filtered way too much lines as it basically cuts her dialogue in half, depending on whether the player is good or bad).

She has her own counters for affinity (sleeping, chatting, certain story variables etc..) but the base scripts and companion system are vanilla.

This gives the advantage that you can hook into existing dialogue scenes by adding a few lines in existing groups, instead of having to hack your own companion dialogue in there (and thus overriding the quests entirely making integration with other mods even more difficult).

I'm still firmly convinced that the 'incompatibility' lies not with Ivy, but with those mods.

When companions aren't working with those mods (companions that follow all the basic rules mind you) then it's an issue with the AFT/MF mods and they should include fixes/patches for the available companions like Ivy.

Yeah, but does she work with AFT?

Spoiler

Sorry, had to be said!!! ROFLMAO!!!SpazzPC.gif.8b511e6f971ad2459a25b1d25ad03c26.gif

way too much posts about AFT to go thru them all xD so i will just say this and im sorry if its already mentioned

AFT is compatible IN A WAY with ivy 

AFT has 3 methods of recruitment

1. full import (for generic/basic followers with no dialogue or script)

2. keep companion core intact ( follower custom AI stays)

3.only uses AFT follow command on followers (rest of the companion features are what the author of companion made em to be)

1st option breaks custom companions of every kind as it inserts generic companion AI and scripts

2nd and 3rd options are fine for Ivy i used both 

altho 3. might be the most trouble free  personally havent noticed problems with 2nd option either

i played for a long time with AFT and ivy and they worked nice   i had scene injections,she commented on places and such pretty much was....ivy

now i never managed her thru aft once recruited,never used global commands or such,she is only recruited with AFT (2nd or 3rd option) and thats it

with that she will work nicely,if u abuse other AFT options on her she may break

so shes fully compatible to be recruited with AFT but not fully managed by AFT there is a difference :)

this is by no means offensive toward author of this mod which i highly adore for his work on fantastic companion but i personally couldnt play with just 1 or the other :/ 

OMG 

'bloody arthritis made my hands hit enter before i could carry on ( not as bad as when i randomly throw change at shop keeper).

Anyhoo '

*Clears Throat*

Can we all please move on from the AFT shite.

Reginald our lord and master has quoted or stated probably until his blue in the face Ivy don;t like it ..so end of story move on.

I get all excited like a small child before Xmas every time I get a notification of a post about Ivy and then I see AFT grr I mean Its in Big bloody Big letters on the front page.

So please stop .

Thank you.

(Drop's the mic and walks off)

@Reginald_001 I pretty sure the majority of us are quite happy waiting patiently for you to work you magic so thank you for your hard work .

^Thanks Chub,

I am this: --> <--- close to making Ivy actively refuse AFT and other MF mods, by looking for it's active ESP and disabling IVY's mod automatically if these ESP's are active. She will then tell you in game to 'fuck off', and likely go 'fuck yourself', if you need attention from other NPC's.

I am working on a proof of concept for this as we speak.

Hi Reginald 

Please do make this a reality if possible. I too like a few others here am getting very crossed with this AFT crap. Too bad their isn’t a way to either block/ban these posts. Ivy was made as you have stated on countless posts as well as in her mod description she is meant to be alone. Period. Not part of a bloody freaking gaggle. Why people can’t understand that and decide to post here that she does is beyond belief as you are the mod author and would basically know how YOUR creation works. You sir have the patience of more than a saint on this topic. That said looking forward to any future news on development stages. Thank you for Ivy and the work you tirelessly do. 

PS. You should open a patreon or some way of donating to you for the work you’re doing. 

Something tells me that the AFT issue is going to be put to bed, finally, once and for all.

And when I say bed, I mean a wooden box with a nailed lid on it, with six feet of dirt piled on top.

God I love what I've just done. :D

4 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

^Thanks Chub,

I am this: --> <--- close to making Ivy actively refuse AFT and other MF mods, by looking for it's active ESP and disabling IVY's mod automatically if these ESP's are active. She will then tell you in game to 'fuck off', and likely go 'fuck yourself', if you need attention from other NPC's.

lol Just pictured that scenario in my head . 

2 hours ago, chubjub said:

lol Just pictured that scenario in my head . 

Haha.. Well she won't be that rough with players. But the idea should sink in that when a mod is intended as one thing, if you use it as another then it will not work the way it was intended. Do I as artist have the right to say how players should use my mod? I don't know. I don't think so, deep down.

But what I do know, is that 70% of all support requests eventually can be tracked down to improper use of the mod, using multi follower mods, or not reading/applying the instructions correctly. What I can do however, is protect Ivy's code by making sure it doesn't function properly to begin with, if such a mod is detected.

Or (and this one is pretty cool) have Ivy warn in game about incompatibilities with other active mods.

Yes, @Flashy (JoeR) you can use that idea if you want to. :P

10 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Haha.. Well she won't be that rough with players... What I can do however, is protect Ivy's code by making sure it doesn't function properly to begin with, if such a mod is detected.

I'll second this, and that from Sierra 21. Please do! It would clean up the thread of blatant fuckery and save your sanity at the same time. If a user is reading the directions on the tin, and... FOLLOWS THEM... they wouldn't get that message in the first place. That way, any frustration from not adhering to "the word of Ivy's god" is poetic justice unto the offender, whom would be struck by lightning, deservedly. 

Plus, it would be a convenient way for simple end users like myself to insure there are no conflicts with Ivy or her features. I'd much rather have a notification to deal with up front than to find my save is broken beyond repair days into it because I inadvertently installed something I had no idea could impact her later, essentially forcing me to re-roll. That sucks.

22 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

^Thanks Chub,

LMAO! I'd have to load a clean save, install ATF and run over to Ivy just hear that dialogue. I've never used AFT for the fact that It's not Ivy compatible. I had my Eye on Ivy since BEFORE I got FO4

Dear all,

I have decided to take a small break from the Internet. This means I will not be visiting the site, for at least a week, perhaps longer.

I will explain the reason for this, as it's not 'personal' or 'private'. In fact, my private life is actually going much better after years of agony.

I am getting older. And with every month that I grow older, I learn more things. One of the major things I've learned these past few weeks, is that I'm now finally experiencing a real 'generation gap'.

I have been reflecting heavily on how people treat each other online.

And I've come to find that more than 80% of people, both here, but far worse even, on other sites, simply cannot find it inside themselves to treat each other with even a semblance of decency. When I offer help or insights, I get combative and aggressive, sometimes purely entitled responses.

I have been very lucky with Ivy's release.

Ivy has been received very well by most of you. And most of the responses in this support thread reflect good and proper behavior. I've seen far, far worse, on some other threads and on other forums.

It's something that has been growing inside me for a almost a year now. It's a growing intolerance of childish, immature and combative behavior.

This has gone to the point where I've started to simply put any poster that assumes shit, calls me names, consistently intends to misunderstand me, or attacks me personally in whatever way directly onto my ignore list.

But this cannot go on.

'Loverslab', 'Ivy', modding and Fallout have always been my hobby.

But when it comes to the point where I'm lying in my bed thinking: 'What the fuck is up with these people that they are so fucking indecent and so fucking aggressive and arrogant all the fucking time?' that I know that I need to take a break.

Perhaps, all of this is Karma.

When I was young (20 years ago). I was part of a troll army. I think it still exists.

We invaded boards like the KKK, to annoy the fuck out of them, or brought down fan sites, whatever we didn't like was a target.

I like to believe that if any group invented 'trolling', before 4chan was even a sperm-seedling, I was part of that group.

Having said that, I know damned well what trolling, manipulation and passive aggressiveness is all about.

And would I choose to partake in that type of behavior again, the end result would not be pretty.

And that's the thing. It's just too easy to be a dickwad online.

And (all of) our communities are growing into pressure pots of disagreements.

It has to stop.

We need to start treating each other decently.

We need to stop attacking each other so readily.

We need to stop with the name calling, the denigrating to make your point.

We need to think 10 seconds, before hitting that fucking reply button, to ask ourselves: "Would I take this tone with my wife/mother/daughter/husband/teacher/student/boss"?

Just... don't be a dickwad.

I will go 'offline' to reflect on all of this.

And more importantly, to go back to what I love doing: Modding Ivy.

I've now supported Ivy non-stop for over a year so I will take a break from that.

I might not reply to your questions for support.

The FAQ and the friendly posters here should help in that regard.

And if you scroll through the pages, it is likely that 99.9% of all possible support scenario's are already described there.

Having said that,

Much love from me and catch ya later.

Short story: Ivy's development continues as planned, but I will not be interacting so much with the board as I used to in the coming months. Might not reply to PM's, might not reply to support calls because I'm a bit fed up with how people treat each other online.