On 2/5/2019 at 5:21 AM, uscno84 said:

I have a question for everyone following Ivy, if Ivy were a real legit sexbot, and you somehow acquired her, and her personality and converstions were EXACTLY as you know her from the game. However the same day, you meet your dream woman, she is your type 100%. She’s kind, funny, beautiful, understanding and faithful, however Ivy is Ivy as usual, all the same characteristics as the “real” woman but it’s Ivy as you know her... Fast forward, a time comes where you have to choose between the woman and Ivy, who do you choose and why?

Ual....

fantastic question

One question is both, and deserves some reflection yes ...

see how interesting, the new Keanu Reeves movie, Replic,
has everything to do with the theme.

I would love to have a sexbot, but ...

the big bid is even the situations, not controlled, that you have vivenco om someone, so much that the online games multplayer are very successful because you know you have "someone" behind that other avatar playing with you

another interesting thing to qeum played Halflife or to be exact Portal, there in the laboratory the confederates gained a "cube of company" a simple cube with a heart designed for you to have some "company" inside the confinement ...

halflife-portal-companioncube.jpg.653baf6fa1fccfa40d2324b42312b4a2.jpg

so ... as long as we have the option of people will always be the first option ...

prjgudpa.bmp

On 2/5/2019 at 1:21 AM, uscno84 said:

I have a question for everyone following Ivy, if Ivy were a real legit sexbot, and you somehow acquired her, and her personality and converstions were EXACTLY as you know her from the game. However the same day, you meet your dream woman, she is your type 100%. She’s kind, funny, beautiful, understanding and faithful, however Ivy is Ivy as usual, all the same characteristics as the “real” woman but it’s Ivy as you know her... Fast forward, a time comes where you have to choose between the woman and Ivy, who do you choose and why?

I've actually thought about this myself. Playing with her does force one to entertain such things, even if briefly. But for me it's an easy decision. tldr: real chicks > fake ones.

As much as I would love to not have to deal with certain aspects of femininity at times, (watch "it's not about the nail" as an example), it's still something that makes a woman a woman that I wouldn't want to "trade away." Even the women who might be more like "a guy in a girl's body, etc," are still women in substance and execution, regardless. But they are kinda the best of both worlds since they do seem to get things the "girly girls" don't, making them more relate-able. Maybe it's why I tend to collect those types, but that's another topic.

I'd highly value the undying loyalty part, absolutely. What good is love if it isn't the loyal kind? (uh... if there even is a non-loyal kind?). That is if she could truly love outside of being programmed to do so.... and then is it even love? No matter how lifelike you could make Ivy, she would still lack the characteristics that can only be acquired through the struggle of the human condition. By her own dialogue, it seems she does struggle with it, but that might be best for her maker to answer. There's a ton of other reasons I won't bore you with, but you get the idea.

Don't get me wrong, would I love to have this:

image.thumb.png.38ef389a1e7700b34eb2ecd5a2c3a3e5.png

tight little bod, with the cute bubble-ass slapping my balls all day if she were a real woman? Fuck yes, I would! I'm a straight, healthy male who adores everything about the female form and manner, even the frustrating parts. I put my Ivy together based on what I find hot while trying to stay true to her original looks, so that's a loaded question lol

But the "yes, master" thing... I couldn't hang with that for longer than a day; we'd have to have a talk that might go like "ok baby, you don't have to call me "master," and you don't have to walk behind me... in fact, I'd much much prefer you didn't do either" ;) And the prostitution thing would be turned off, since I don't share. At all, ever lol. But yeah, in conclusion I would choose the real chick for reasons not limited to the above, every time. Good question!

54 minutes ago, Sevatt said:

I've actually thought about this myself. Playing with her does force one to entertain such things, even if briefly. But for me it's an easy decision. tldr: real chicks > fake ones.

As much as I would love to not have to deal with certain aspects of femininity at times, (watch "it's not about the nail" as an example), it's still something that makes a woman a woman that I wouldn't want to "trade away." Even the women who might be more like "a guy in a girl's body, etc," are still women in substance and execution, regardless. But they are kinda the best of both worlds since they do seem to get things the "girly girls" don't, making them more relate-able. Maybe it's why I tend to collect those types, but that's another topic.

I'd highly value the undying loyalty part, absolutely. What good is love if it isn't the loyal kind? (uh... if there even is a non-loyal kind?). That is if she could truly love outside of being programmed to do so.... and then is it even love? No matter how lifelike you could make Ivy, she would still lack the characteristics that can only be acquired through the struggle of the human condition. By her own dialogue, it seems she does struggle with it, but that might be best for her maker to answer. There's a ton of other reasons I won't bore you with, but you get the idea.

Don't get me wrong, would I love to have this:

image.thumb.png.38ef389a1e7700b34eb2ecd5a2c3a3e5.png

tight little bod, with the cute bubble-ass slapping my balls all day if she were a real woman? Fuck yes, I would! I'm a straight, healthy male who adores everything about the female form and manner, even the frustrating parts. I put my Ivy together based on what I find hot while trying to stay true to her original looks, so that's a loaded question lol

But the "yes, master" thing... I couldn't hang with that for longer than a day; we'd have to have a talk that might go like "ok baby, you don't have to call me "master," and you don't have to walk behind me... in fact, I'd much much prefer you didn't do either" ;) And the prostitution thing would be turned off, since I don't share. At all, ever lol. But yeah, in conclusion I would choose the real chick for reasons not limited to the above, every time. Good question!

That vid made my night. also, your Ivy is hot as hell. I fully agree with your answer as well

This recent interest in Ivy's 'human' qualities sparked me to watch The Al Pacino movie S1M0NE. I can't believe this was never on my radar before - good stuff.

Spoiler

It gets even better: Al Pacino's character in the movie has a daughter player by Evan Rachel Wood, who went on to star in the HBO series Westworld. Bots being used by people - go figure....

Dev update

I haven't been able to write much for Ivy. My study in Psychology is taking a lot of my time, but it will help to make Ivy's content better.

I'm going over some lines that were already in there, re-writing after new insights to make Ivy simply 'better' and more realistic.

It'll be some months before release, so don't wait with a new game for Ivy, somewhere in Summer more updates and new content will follow.

On PM's

32 of my family members were gassed during the second world war, nearly my entire family line was obliterated from history. The only reason that I am alive, is because my grandfather hid himself away under the ground in his house, for 18 months during the occupation of the Germans. I don't really know why people would think sending me a PM with 'Hail Hitler' in it, is in any way a good idea, even if it's in jest or just 'for fun'.

I will report such PM's to the moderators here and I will hate you for it. (You know who you are).

Hey Reg, I'm sorry you had to bring up that personal history. But also am revolted that there are people here at LL which are so callous. The first thing I though of was that scene from Inglorious Bastards....

On a more pleasant note..... Since you say 'Ivy is me'; Why the name Ivy instead of say - Regina? If it hits a personal note - no need to answer, just curious.

Lastly @Chic Geek: It's nice to be wrong. I'll explain.... When the idea of using a VO actress was mentioned, I felt one of Ivy's unique characteristics was Reg's ingenious use of computerized speech, allowing the option of an enormous speaking database for a companion, and the fact as a Bot, this concept was solid. I have recently started a new game with the newer Ivy, including your work, and as I mentioned. It's nice to be wrong. Your effort sounds very natural, and I'm surprised I had no problems making the transition to the 'new' Ivy. As a gentleman though - I occasionally get a feeling of guilt when listening to the voice of a real person saying these things as opposed to a computer program. If anything, I respect Ivy even more now.

4 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Dev update

I haven't been able to write much for Ivy. My study in Psychology is taking a lot of my time, but it will help to make Ivy's content better.

I'm going over some lines that were already in there, re-writing after new insights to make Ivy simply 'better' and more realistic.

It'll be some months before release, so don't wait with a new game for Ivy, somewhere in Summer more updates and new content will follow.

We can wait for you to get it just right, don't worry about it. ?

4 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

On PM's

32 of my family members were gassed during the second world war, nearly my entire family line was obliterated from history. The only reason that I am alive, is because my grandfather hid himself away under the ground in his house, for 18 months during the occupation of the Germans. I don't really know why people would think sending me a PM with 'Hail Hitler' in it, is in any way a good idea, even if it's in jest or just 'for fun'.

I will report such PM's to the moderators here and I will hate you for it. (You know who you are).

Even without the history, that's still fucked up.

I suppose there IS a corrollory to "No shortage of stupid"", because there is never a shortage of assholes or bigots either. ? (Most of whom would be classed as stupid).

Illegitimi non carborundum. ☺

( "Don't let the bastards grind you down".)

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 5:21 PM, uscno84 said:

The Q? made me think of a crazy puzzle solving game I played a few years back called "Catherine" where you play as the guy, Vincent, who becomes torn between his long time girlfriend Katherine who wants marriage and children etc. etc. (a normal relationship) and this new younger and sexually provocative girl called Catherine, that he runs into and wakes up in bed with the next morning after getting drunk at his local bar one night, total mayhem ensues. Ultimately you have to choose, by your actions, between the sex crazed hottie and a regular relationship. In that game, as it is a game, I went with, the more Ivy like Catherine but in real life you would have to choose Katherine. Thank goodness I don't have to make that choice in F04 so I can keep wonderful Ivy and no other: f#@k you AFT :P.

Below: Catherine and Katherine

Catherine_Cover_Art.png  Catherine_XBox_360_Japan.jpg

9 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Dev update

On PM's

Just keep doing what you do, Reg, it'll be worth the wait. And sorry that is even a thing you'd need to address... in a public forum to reach multiple offenders, on top of it all. Very sad. Just... WTF, people? REALLY??

16 hours ago, landess said:

Hey Reg, I'm sorry you had to bring up that personal history. But also am revolted that there are people here at LL which are so callous. The first thing I though of was that scene from Inglorious Bastards....

On a more pleasant note..... Since you say 'Ivy is me'; Why the name Ivy instead of say - Regina? If it hits a personal note - no need to answer, just curious.

Lastly @Chic Geek: It's nice to be wrong. I'll explain.... When the idea of using a VO actress was mentioned, I felt one of Ivy's unique characteristics was Reg's ingenious use of computerized speech, allowing the option of an enormous speaking database for a companion, and the fact as a Bot, this concept was solid. I have recently started a new game with the newer Ivy, including your work, and as I mentioned. It's nice to be wrong. Your effort sounds very natural, and I'm surprised I had no problems making the transition to the 'new' Ivy. As a gentleman though - I occasionally get a feeling of guilt when listening to the voice of a real person saying these things as opposed to a computer program. If anything, I respect Ivy even more now.

Ivy was the name of the original Computer voice I used. But it sounded too childish, so I moved to Salli, both are Ivona voices.

I liked the name and kept it. :)

But Chic just delivers.. ;)

On 2/9/2019 at 8:49 AM, landess said:

Trust me, I blushed so hard sometimes when recording, you’d think I was sunburnt ? but in the end, totally worth it?

Before Ivy Buttons was my favorite mod companion, but now? Ivy all the way!

I adore her not only because of the fantastic Voice Acting and her crazy personality, but because all of those little winks to FO lore and pop culture references.

Reg did a great job and he just set the bar high for future vanilla companions if Bethesda plans another game. It's ridiculous how much Ivy feels like a true companion (with hours of diverse entertaining dialogue) in comparison to Preston, Piper, Cait and others.

I love just exploring the wasteland and listening to her random comments and unexpected interactions with NPCs, and how she calls them out on their bullshit if she has to. I don't wanna spoil anyone, but bringing her to Out of Time and then completing certain quests in Sanctuary with her was PRICELESS ?

So I don't wanna write a novel, I rarely leave a comment praising other people's mods (Hey I'm a shy lurker sometimes, what can I say?) but in this case  I felt like I had to cause this one's a piece or art ?

On 2/7/2019 at 6:52 PM, urbanoantigo said:

no steps or tips ... and the search continues

This really is just an Easter egg, so here's a hint then:

"The only way to reach these places is by cheating.

18 hours ago, Chic Geek said:

Trust me, I blushed so hard sometimes when recording, you’d think I was sunburnt ? but in the end, totally worth it?

I can only imagine what your neighbors were thinking, I remember recording most of these with the speakers very soft or with headphones to make sure no one could hear! :)

19 hours ago, Chic Geek said:

All I did was read... Reg, you are the maker of the magic. I just happened to have a decent voice ?

Reg is the architect, but you are definitely the soul behind Ivy's personality. And it's not just the way you deliver the innuendo or whatnot, but the wide range of reaction and emotion that you were able to convey made me forget at times that Ivy was in fact an experimental synth, and not a ride-or-die ex-raider. Hell, you were able to sell it so well that I had a goddamn nightmare about PELICANS of all things, the night after I first heard that story about the Pelican King. For the most part pelicans are friendly enough that I can pat them on the head and give them fish when I visit the coast, but the way you told that story...

Anyway, yes it is a major collaboration, but you should never discount the elements that make up that collaboration, because it is the combination of ALL said elements that make it a success. 

19 hours ago, Chic Geek said:

Having been using Ivy and offering my meager assurances and feedback to @Reginald_001 during the earlier stages, I had grown accustomed to her original robot voice. For me, it was what was so damn cool about her. I admit I was very reluctant to switch over to your VO, but after some quality time in the wastes, I have to say that you have delivered and superceded her original robot voice. I still have my original love for the original, but as you said yourself, "...totally worth it." I escpecially love all the "nucular pertection on a budget" lines. Those had me dying so much, I almost stop at every single one I find just to fuck with you (Ivy). haha

So let me say thank you and none of your blushes went wasted. Much love.

13 hours ago, Adviser69 said:

Reg is the architect, but you are definitely the soul behind Ivy's personality.

I have to concur - First reaction when given the option between the robotic voice and Chic's after seeing Ivy 4.0's trailer - Ooh, I definitely want THAT one for Ivy! (sucker for a pretty voice, here)

Now I couldn't imagine her with another voice, even if it was another voice actress regardless who it was, it wouldn't be the same. I think about anyone who's played her would agree. So don't cut yourself short, @Chic Geek, you breathed life into her like no other could. Thank you, very well done!

Reginald chose very well. 

19 hours ago, DominusKaine said:

Having been using Ivy and offering my meager assurances and feedback to @Reginald_001 during the earlier stages, I had grown accustomed to her original robot voice. For me, it was what was so damn cool about her. I admit I was very reluctant to switch over to your VO, but after some quality time in the wastes, I have to say that you have delivered and superceded her original robot voice. I still have my original love for the original, but as you said yourself, "...totally worth it." I escpecially love all the "nucular pertection on a budget" lines. Those had me dying so much, I almost stop at every single one I find just to fuck with you (Ivy). haha

So let me say thank you and none of your blushes went wasted. Much love.

Playing Fallout 76, I chanced upon a Pulowski shelter and hear a voice inside...”nucular protection on a budget”-and I say (out loud) “Bitch, that’s my line!!!”.  True (and sad) story.

@Reginald_001

I definitely waited for my house to be empty to record. Also, there is something really strange about recording erotic stories at 8 am. It’s just not right. Most of those lines should have been recorded under the veil of darkness, but fuck it. We all did what we had to do to make Ivy amazing. ?

4 hours ago, Chic Geek said:

Playing Fallout 76, I chanced upon a Pulowski shelter and hear a voice inside...”nucular protection on a budget”-and I say (out loud) “Bitch, that’s my line!!!”.  True (and sad) story.

@Reginald_001

I definitely waited for my house to be empty to record. Also, there is something really strange about recording erotic stories at 8 am. It’s just not right. Most of those lines should have been recorded under the veil of darkness, but fuck it. We all did what we had to do to make Ivy amazing. ?

Imagine writing those stories at 10 am in the morning.. on your free day, then having to go to work for an emergency, all aroused and shit. :D:P

On 2/12/2019 at 1:54 PM, Reginald_001 said:

Ocultar conteúdos

"A única maneira de alcançar esses lugares é trapaceando.

DAMN !!!!! ???
It's how I use the Cheat Terminal, https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13285, I never go there ...
but of course, it makes perfect sense .... 

descoberta.gif.65723fc36002354b8fb2234d58f6ee8a.gif
now I know the place .... the biggest mystery of my life in FO4 (at least I'm sure I know)

I was never going to find out ?

as I had not imagined it before, yes this "place" that mentioned, of course, the reality show "in that place" is sure to leave Ivy crazy, will lose ground ...

now I was afraid to take her there ??? , I'll take time to have the courage ....

these days, despite having more than 2 years ago I had never gone in nukaword, I always found that it was not my face to propose this expansion ...

but then I thought: Ivy was a rider, and where there are more riders in the game that I'm in NukaWord, if something is going to pull some intense memories, it's going to be there ...
I've been there for a long time with that huge map and I did not leave any comments from her about it yet,
just now I remembered that Ivy's original programming only covers the general map and not the expansions ... ???

@Reginald_001 I really love your incredible work.

and it looks like I have not even met her expanded universe which is the mod of the museum and the channel recordings, and @Chic Geek  I also love your voice on Ivy.  very grateful to you

sucesso.gif.656de63700457c7f8929bfa191e5e3b3.gif