Deviously Cursed Loot SE 9.0 (2021-03-09)

@sarahlost36,

Rather than parse your modlist, may I suggest another path to SE stability? 

This certainly isn't the only way to build a modded game, but for me it just works:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/10694?tab=description

I follow it closely, using all the suggested steps (although I opt for different texture groups, and add all Devious and LoversLab material as an additional step just before the application of SSELodGen.

For me, an unstable game is no longer an issue.  My MO2 left pane shows 678 active mods, 368 of which are plug-ins.  I no longer use a smashed patch or merged patch, relying upon Wryebash for a  bashed patch instead, since it now can handle more than 256 plugins.  The only instabilities I encounter now are caused by netframework, they are rare, normally happen when I have more than three consecutive autosaves, and easily avoided by not letting autosaves accumulate.

Bottom line, stability is possible, it's a lot of work, but it is achievable. 

Hope this helps.

First, thank you to @Kimy and all the other very helpful posters in this thread.

After combing through it the last couple of hours, I seem to have the same or similar problem as @stolensweetroll . Bottom line is that any version beyond 8.3 seems to either flat out not work or cause CTDs upon loading any saves made. This is on a completely new install and completely new character. I also note that there is huge (3000+ lines) papyrus spam from dcur scripts from both 8.4/8.5 on starting a new game. Here is a sample of what most of the spam looks like (any hints what might be wrong?):

[08/25/2020 - 03:22:42PM] Error: Unable to link types associated with function "UseWaterBowl" in state "" on object "dcur_prisonquestscript".
[08/25/2020 - 03:22:42PM] Error: Unable to link type of variable "::pqs_var" on object "dcur_mastercontrollerscript"
[08/25/2020 - 03:22:42PM] Error: Unable to link type of property "pqs" on object "dcur_mastercontrollerscript"
[08/25/2020 - 03:22:42PM] Error: Unable to link types associated with function "PICanExecute" in state "" on object "dcur_publicindecencyquestscript".
[08/25/2020 - 03:22:42PM] Error: Unable to link types associated with function "SetVariables" in state "" on object "dcur_mcmconfig".
[08/25/2020 - 03:22:42PM] Error: Unable to link types associated with function "OnOptionSelect" in state "" on object "dcur_mcmconfig".
[08/25/2020 - 03:22:42PM] Error: Unable to link types associated with function "OnPageReset" in state "" on object "dcur_mcmconfig".
[08/25/2020 - 03:22:42PM] Error: Unable to link type of variable "::dcumenu_var" on object "dcur_clocktickrefscript"

... (Error and Warning spam continues with all sorts of dcur_... references for 3000-ish lines) ...

I had hoped we might discover what we have in common, why this might be happening to some (very few?) but not all. And perhaps fix / avoid the error in the upcoming 9.0. For reference, the 8.3 SE conversion appears to still be available from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hoDRTh5zVyTEddr8Kum-ewE-4UBgFp05/view (link is from around pg. 53 of this thread).

49 minutes ago, sarahlost36 said:

its all wrong??

What is this list? plugin list or installed mod list?

if that is mod list then:

ACTIVE [Name] Devious Devices: Integration

ACTIVE [Name] Devious Devices: Assets
ACTIVE [Name] Devious Devices: Expansion

Those probably is LE version mods and can cause a CTD

In SE version no 3 mods there is only one:

Devious devices 4.3 SE and this are installed from:

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5878-devious-devices-se-beta/

1 hour ago, Elsidia said:

What is this list? plugin list or installed mod list?

if that is mod list then:

ACTIVE [Name] Devious Devices: Integration

ACTIVE [Name] Devious Devices: Assets
ACTIVE [Name] Devious Devices: Expansion

Those probably is LE version mods and can cause a CTD

In SE version no 3 mods there is only one:

Devious devices 4.3 SE and this are installed from:

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5878-devious-devices-se-beta/

Yes, I think that is the problem, I thought I got the right version of Devious Devices, but it was only integration not the other 2 and I could not get DCL to install without the other 2... which is how I ended up with LE mods in my SE stream. I have fixed that now. thank you!

3 hours ago, PepperDog017 said:

First, thank you to @Kimy and all the other very helpful posters in this thread.

After combing through it the last couple of hours, I seem to have the same or similar problem as @stolensweetroll . Bottom line is that any version beyond 8.3 seems to either flat out not work or cause CTDs upon loading any saves made. This is on a completely new install and completely new character. I also note that there is huge (3000+ lines) papyrus spam from dcur scripts from both 8.4/8.5 on starting a new game. Here is a sample of what most of the spam looks like (any hints what might be wrong?):

[08/25/2020 - 03:22:42PM] Error: Unable to link types associated with function "UseWaterBowl" in state "" on object "dcur_prisonquestscript".
[08/25/2020 - 03:22:42PM] Error: Unable to link type of variable "::pqs_var" on object "dcur_mastercontrollerscript"
[08/25/2020 - 03:22:42PM] Error: Unable to link type of property "pqs" on object "dcur_mastercontrollerscript"
[08/25/2020 - 03:22:42PM] Error: Unable to link types associated with function "PICanExecute" in state "" on object "dcur_publicindecencyquestscript".
[08/25/2020 - 03:22:42PM] Error: Unable to link types associated with function "SetVariables" in state "" on object "dcur_mcmconfig".
[08/25/2020 - 03:22:42PM] Error: Unable to link types associated with function "OnOptionSelect" in state "" on object "dcur_mcmconfig".
[08/25/2020 - 03:22:42PM] Error: Unable to link types associated with function "OnPageReset" in state "" on object "dcur_mcmconfig".
[08/25/2020 - 03:22:42PM] Error: Unable to link type of variable "::dcumenu_var" on object "dcur_clocktickrefscript"

... (Error and Warning spam continues with all sorts of dcur_... references for 3000-ish lines) ...

I had hoped we might discover what we have in common, why this might be happening to some (very few?) but not all. And perhaps fix / avoid the error in the upcoming 9.0. For reference, the 8.3 SE conversion appears to still be available from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hoDRTh5zVyTEddr8Kum-ewE-4UBgFp05/view (link is from around pg. 53 of this thread).

Do you have issues on a new game with only DCL and it's requirements?

For CTDs, papyrus logs aren't usually helpful for determining the issue, it can't capture the crash itself, it only tells you what happened last, which may or may not be related.

I'd recommend getting SSE fixes if you don't have it already.

Check your animation count in FNIS, and/or try removing a few animation packs

If you're still CTDing, see if you get a crash log with netscriptframework

Is there a way to remove the potion drops you sometimes get when harvesting plants? I know there is a rare possibility someone could have dropped it there, but I prefer getting man-made things from real containers. Frigid wash also needs to be a rare drop in general or you would always have a rescue for high arousal.

1 hour ago, saltshade said:

Is there a way to remove the potion drops you sometimes get when harvesting plants? I know there is a rare possibility someone could have dropped it there, but I prefer getting man-made things from real containers. Frigid wash also needs to be a rare drop in general or you would always have a rescue for high arousal.

yes, in the MCM menu there is an option to set drops from Harvesting Plants to 0%

15 hours ago, zarantha said:

Do you have issues on a new game with only DCL and it's requirements?

I actually did not test this, and an excellent point (should have done this). But now I've just moved on, installed 8.3 with everything back to working as intended (but still early in my playthru so not 100% certain yet).

15 hours ago, zarantha said:

For CTDs, papyrus logs aren't usually helpful for determining the issue, it can't capture the crash itself, it only tells you what happened last, which may or may not be related.

Understood, and I agree. Generally papyrus logging is useless for anyone other than the papyrus author(s). I only included that as it was really unusual Papyrus spam. And the CTD is actually not when the spam happens. The spam is when you first load into the game (creating a new character). It is as if the game/papyrus engine does not even recognize the dcur scripts as valid papyrus (EDIT: or some critical dependency is missing? or some strange mod conflict exists?). There are thousands of these where vars, objects, functions etc. from the dcur scripts throw these sorts of papyrus errors. I am not a papyrus expert but do have a coding background and suspect there are some hints as to why this is happening in these errors. With so many of these errors from dcur scripts showing up in the log, CLEARLY something is very wrong. I could dig deeper into the dcur scripts source code, but as I said above I've just installed a working 8.3 and moved on (but I might spend a few hours looking over why the 8.4+ scripts cause so many errors. I am curious, but I just wanted to get my game working).

As for SSE Engine fixes, been using it forever. Won't build a modlist without it. And I have well under 10K animations. I am CERTAIN than is not an issue (and I use the AnimationLoadSignedCrash = true setting in EngineFixes.toml file).

Most of the .Net Script Framework crashlogs I have deleted since I've moved on, but here is the last one I have for reference:

Crash_2020_8_25_10-8-41.txt

This crashlog is a from a save made in the LAL cell after configuring a few MCM menus. The crash happens when I'd make a hard save, quit SSE, reload SSE, load that save -> immediate CTD. I didn't see anything in any of these that jumped out at me. But you may note my current build is pretty complex with ~525 total plugins (ESM, ESL, ESP, ESPFE included). There very well could simply be some unknown conflicts I am discovering and I will be doing an in-depth xEdit review of the entire load order over the coming days to make sure all conflicts are properly addressed (but with DCL 8.3). Note also that the LO is mostly LOOT sorted but with quite a few hand placements I do after LOOT does it's thing. I could have easily missed/misplaced something unknowingly or by accident.

I am gonna stop here and move on, as to not litter this thread with my specific problems. The bottom line here seems to me that something in the dcur scripts has changed from 8,3->8.4 that is causing these errors to happen. And I absolutely AM NOT trying to point any fingers, just simply stating that something is different and interacting in strange ways with some of our installs. If anyone does have any insight as to why these problems are happening to me (and perhaps just a couple others?) please let me know! Thanks!

18 hours ago, PepperDog017 said:

When I had this issue, my SSE setup was almost 2 years old, with many mods being installed/removed along this time. Two weeks ago, I removed Skyrim and all its mods/extensions from my PC and later reinstalled them from scratch. Took me several days to do so, but apparently solved all the issues I had before. Now DCL 8.5 is working fine, it's installed but is currently shut down in MCM because I'm playing a male character, though.

1 hour ago, stolensweetroll said:

When I had this issue, my SSE setup was almost 2 years old, with many mods being installed/removed along this time. Two weeks ago, I removed Skyrim and all its mods/extensions from my PC and later reinstalled them from scratch. Took me several days to do so, but apparently solved all the issues I had before. Now DCL 8.5 is working fine, it's installed but is currently shut down in MCM because I'm playing a male character, though.

That is interesting. My issue appeared similar to yours, but was on a totally clean, new portable MO2 install...BUT, my SSE steam install is the same about 2 years old also (2018 original steam install). I actually re-installed SKSE (2.0.17) thinking it might be faulty somehow, but made no difference. Perhaps a full wipe and re-install of SSE is in the cards. I am probably overdue anyhow. But again I am gonna stop here, it's not really a big deal. I can live with 8.3 (which seems to work perfectly) and will move to 9.0 whenever it appears and fix everything then, IF I still have problems.

32 minutes ago, PepperDog017 said:

I actually did not test this, and an excellent point (should have done this). But now I've just moved on, installed 8.3 with everything back to working as intended (but still early in my playthru so not 100% certain yet).

Understood, and I agree. Generally papyrus logging is useless for anyone other than the papyrus author(s). I only included that as it was really unusual Papyrus spam. And the CTD is actually not when the spam happens. The spam is when you first load into the game (creating a new character). It is as if the game/papyrus engine does not even recognize the dcur scripts as valid papyrus (EDIT: or some critical dependency is missing? or some strange mod conflict exists?). There are thousands of these where vars, objects, functions etc. from the dcur scripts throw these sorts of papyrus errors. I am not a papyrus expert but do have a coding background and suspect there are some hints as to why this is happening in these errors. With so many of these errors from dcur scripts showing up in the log, CLEARLY something is very wrong. I could dig deeper into the dcur scripts source code, but as I said above I've just installed a working 8.3 and moved on (but I might spend a few hours looking over why the 8.4+ scripts cause so many errors. I am curious, but I just wanted to get my game working).

As for SSE Engine fixes, been using it forever. Won't build a modlist without it. And I have well under 10K animations. I am CERTAIN than is not an issue (and I use the AnimationLoadSignedCrash = true setting in EngineFixes.toml file).

Most of the .Net Script Framework crashlogs I have deleted since I've moved on, but here is the last one I have for reference:

Crash_2020_8_25_10-8-41.txt 56.92 kB · 2 downloads

This crashlog is a from a save made in the LAL cell after configuring a few MCM menus. The crash happens when I'd make a hard save, quit SSE, reload SSE, load that save -> immediate CTD. I didn't see anything in any of these that jumped out at me. But you may note my current build is pretty complex with ~525 total plugins (ESM, ESL, ESP, ESPFE included). There very well could simply be some unknown conflicts I am discovering and I will be doing an in-depth xEdit review of the entire load order over the coming days to make sure all conflicts are properly addressed (but with DCL 8.3). Note also that the LO is mostly LOOT sorted but with quite a few hand placements I do after LOOT does it's thing. I could have easily missed/misplaced something unknowingly or by accident.

I am gonna stop here and move on, as to not litter this thread with my specific problems. The bottom line here seems to me that something in the dcur scripts has changed from 8,3->8.4 that is causing these errors to happen. And I absolutely AM NOT trying to point any fingers, just simply stating that something is different and interacting in strange ways with some of our installs. If anyone does have any insight as to why these problems are happening to me (and perhaps just a couple others?) please let me know! Thanks!

Nothing really obvious in that log unfortunately. My mod list is about as large as yours, and i've got a ui conflict with something and sgo4 if i don't configure sgo4 first. so what i've been doing on a new game is a stepped activation - what i need for sgo4, get that working. then all the nexus  mods, configure them, then all the sexlab  mods, configure them. then one more save and load, and configure estrus, then i can start. you might need to do something similar next time you do a new game - start with only a few mods needed to configure your character initially, then add mods in chunks.

For the log spam, the water bowl was added for needs and bathing functionality, and looks like you do have those. I'll agree the mcm messages are more concerning if they don't go away. I've seen very recently (just this month) where the dcl mcm isn't loading/initializing properly if i have too many mods starting up at once on a new game  - the mcm shows once, but it's not working (i can't get to the debug to load a profile) and then after that is black. The stepped activation resolves this issue for me. So maybe save activating DCL until your last 50 or 100 mods, and see if it behaves better? Removing DCL, doing a clean save, then adding it back in may also fix it. I've left papyrus  logging off, so i don't  know if i saw the same log spam when i broke dcl's mcm.

Anyway, not sure what the mcm issue is, i've been using 8.5 pretty much  since the LE release and it's only a recent (last month or so) issue, so that seems to indicate it's something else i've updated that's causing the problem.

Out of your load order - not sure why you have 3dnpc and  immersive citizens - ai overhaul - they do the same things more or less and conflict.

i haven't esl'ed skyui, racemenu, or slif for compatibility reasons - some mods or scripts break when these are espfe.  (maybe that's the problem?)

This is what we have in common if you're interested (only about 135 plugins if we don't count the game plugins):

Spoiler

[00] Skyrim.esm
  [01] Update.esm
  [02] Dawnguard.esm
  [03] HearthFires.esm
  [04] Dragonborn.esm
  [07] Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
  [08] Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
  [0A] LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm
  [0D] FISS.esp
  [10] Campfire.esm
  [12] SexLab.esm
  [13] SexLabAroused.esm
  [14] Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
  [15] CreatureFramework.esm
  [16] Devious Devices - Assets.esm
  [17] Devious Devices - Integration.esm
  [18] ZaZAnimationPack.esm
  [19] Gray Fox Cowl.esm
  [1C] Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
  [1E] JSwords.esm
  [24] Blowing in the Wind SSE.esp
  [25] SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp
  [27] Gildergreen Regrown.esp
  [29] Obsidian Weathers.esp
  [30] UIExtensions.esp
  [32] AHZmoreHUD.esp
  [33] Gray Fox Flora Overhaul.esp
  [35] Better Dynamic Snow.esp
  [36] Weapons Armor Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp
  [3A] Cutting Room Floor.esp
  [3C] Skyrim Immersive Creatures Special Edition.esp
  [3D] MilkModNEW.esp
  [3E] MilkMod_MilkPumpsFancy.esp
  [47] Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
  [4B] moonpath.esp
  [4C] JRMoonpathtoElsweyrPatch.esp
  [4E] RelightingSkyrim-FULL.esp (relightingskyrim_sse.esp)
  [51] TimingIsEverything.esp
  [54] Milk Addict.esp
  [56] DBM_RelicNotifications.esp
  [59] WACCF_Armor and Clothing Extension.esp
  [5B] Keep It Clean.esp
  [5F] Cloaks.esp
  [62] OBIS SE.esp
  [65] Immersive Patrols II.esp
  [67] Inigo.esp
  [68] MoreNastyCritters.esp
  [69] BDIC.esp
  [6A] Deviously Cursed Loot.esp
  [6B] SexLabSkoomaWhore.esp
  [6F] Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
  [71] Frostfall.esp
  [74] XPMSE.esp
  [77] SexLab-AmorousAdventures.esp
  [78] Fossilsyum.esp
  [79] SimpleSlavery.esp
  [87] 1nivWICCloaks.esp
  [9E] OBIS SE Patrols Addon.esp
  [A6] AMatterOfTime.esp
  [A7] iHUD.esp
  [A8] iWant RND Widgets.esp
  [AE] Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
  [B4] SexLab Inflation Framework.esp
  [B7] SLAnimLoader.esp
  [B8] EstrusChaurus.esp
  [BB] SlaveTats.esp
  [BD] dse-soulgem-oven.esp
  [BF] SexLab_Dialogues.esp
  [C0] sanguinesDebauchery.esp
  [C1] SexLab-Parasites.esp
  [C7] Helgen Reborn.esp
  [CD] Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remastered.esp
  [CE] aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp
  [CF] Complete Alchemy & Cooking Overhaul.esp
  [D0] Predator Vision.esp
  [D1] iWant RND for CACO.esp
  [D2] Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp
  [D7] Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
  [D8] The Flying Knight.esp
  [D9] DBM_RelicHunter.esp
  [DA] Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp
  [DB] Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp
  [DF] Convenient Horses.esp
  [EA] RealisticWaterTwo.esp
  [F0] IcePenguinWorldMap.esp
  [F6] FNIS.esp
  [FE 000] SkyUI_SE.esp
  [FE 009] RealisticWaterTwo - Resources.esm
  [FE 00E] Obsidian Weathers MCM.esp
  [FE 012] RaceMenu.esp
  [FE 013] RaceMenuPlugin.esp
  [FE 014] RaceMenuHH.esp
  [FE 016] BetterQuestObjectives.esp
  [FE 022] RSChildren.esp
  [FE 024] BGCollectables.esp
  [FE 025] DBM_BGCollectables_Patch.esp
  [FE 027] DBM_CRF_Patch.esp
  [FE 028] DBM_WACCF_Patch.esp
  [FE 036] DBM_CloaksofSkyrim_Patch.esp
  [FE 03E] DBM_TheGrayCowlofNocturnal_Patch.esp
  [FE 043] DBM_Moonpath_Patch.esp
  [FE 047] DBM_IA_Patch.esp
  [FE 052] BetterQuestObjectives-CRFPatch.esp
  [FE 053] BetterQuestObjectives-DBForevertoMisc.esp
  [FE 055] BlendedRoads.esp
  [FE 057] DBM_Fossils_Patch.esp
  [FE 058] DBM_JaysusSwords_Patch.esp
  [FE 059] DBM_KeepitClean_Patch.esp
  [FE 05C] DBM_OBIS_Patch.esp
  [FE 060] DBM_SMIM_Patch.esp
  [FE 06B] WA_BathWidget.esp
  [FE 08B] LOTD_TCC_Cloaks.esp
  [FE 08D] LOTD_TCC_Fossils.esp
  [FE 08E] LOTD_TCC_GrayCowl.esp
  [FE 08F] LOTD_TCC_Gremlins.esp
  [FE 090] LOTD_TCC_ImmArm.esp
  [FE 091] LOTD_TCC_JaysusCraft.esp
  [FE 093] LOTD_TCC_Moonpath.esp
  [FE 0A2] SLA Monitor Widget.esp
  [FE 0A4] SexlabLightMeUp.esp
  [FE 0A7] SLALAnimObjBillyy.esp
  [FE 0A8] NibblesAnimObjects.esp
  [FE 0A9] SLAL_ProxyAnimObjects.esp
  [FE 0AA] SLAL_AnimationsByLeito.esp
  [FE 0AB] SLAL_AnimationByBakaFactory.esp
  [FE 0B0] KSHairdosSMP.esp
  [FE 0B2] BakaFactoryABC.esp
  [FE 0B9] MilkModNEW HF.esp
  [FE 0BD] SLSW Addicted.esp
  [FE 0C7] DBM_HelgenReborn_Patch.esp
  [FE 0C8] Blowing in the Wind - Helgen Reborn Patch SSE.esp
  [FE 0CE] LOTD_TCC_Helgen.esp
  [FE 0D1] DBM_CCOR_Patch.esp
  [FE 0D4] DBM_CACO_Patch.esp
  [FE 0D7] BetterQuestObjectives-AlternateStartPatch.esp
  [FE 0DA] RDO - CRF + USSEP Patch.esp
  [FE 109] SlaveTatsEventsBridge.esp
  [FE 10B] Deviously Cursed Loot LAL AddOn.esp
  [FE 10C] Bashed Patch, 0.esp

20 minutes ago, zarantha said:

Nothing really obvious in that log unfortunately. My mod list is about as large as yours, and i've got a ui conflict with something and sgo4 if i don't configure sgo4 first. so what i've been doing on a new game is a stepped activation - what i need for sgo4, get that working. then all the nexus  mods, configure them, then all the sexlab  mods, configure them. then one more save and load, and configure estrus, then i can start. you might need to do something similar next time you do a new game - start with only a few mods needed to configure your character initially, then add mods in chunks.

For the log spam, the water bowl was added for needs and bathing functionality, and looks like you do have those. I'll agree the mcm messages are more concerning if they don't go away. I've seen very recently (just this month) where the dcl mcm isn't loading/initializing properly if i have too many mods starting up at once on a new game  - the mcm shows once, but it's not working (i can't get to the debug to load a profile) and then after that is black. The stepped activation resolves this issue for me. So maybe save activating DCL until your last 50 or 100 mods, and see if it behaves better? Removing DCL, doing a clean save, then adding it back in may also fix it. I've left papyrus  logging off, so i don't  know if i saw the same log spam when i broke dcl's mcm.

Anyway, not sure what the mcm issue is, i've been using 8.5 pretty much  since the LE release and it's only a recent (last month or so) issue, so that seems to indicate it's something else i've updated that's causing the problem.

Out of your load order - not sure why you have 3dnpc and  immersive citizens - ai overhaul - they do the same things more or less and conflict.

i haven't esl'ed skyui, racemenu, or slif for compatibility reasons - some mods or scripts break when these are espfe.  (maybe that's the problem?)

This is what we have in common if you're interested (only about 135 plugins if we don't count the game plugins):

Hide contents

[00] Skyrim.esm
  [01] Update.esm
  [02] Dawnguard.esm
  [03] HearthFires.esm
  [04] Dragonborn.esm
  [07] Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
  [08] Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
  [0A] LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm
  [0D] FISS.esp
  [10] Campfire.esm
  [12] SexLab.esm
  [13] SexLabAroused.esm
  [14] Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
  [15] CreatureFramework.esm
  [16] Devious Devices - Assets.esm
  [17] Devious Devices - Integration.esm
  [18] ZaZAnimationPack.esm
  [19] Gray Fox Cowl.esm
  [1C] Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
  [1E] JSwords.esm
  [24] Blowing in the Wind SSE.esp
  [25] SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp
  [27] Gildergreen Regrown.esp
  [29] Obsidian Weathers.esp
  [30] UIExtensions.esp
  [32] AHZmoreHUD.esp
  [33] Gray Fox Flora Overhaul.esp
  [35] Better Dynamic Snow.esp
  [36] Weapons Armor Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp
  [3A] Cutting Room Floor.esp
  [3C] Skyrim Immersive Creatures Special Edition.esp
  [3D] MilkModNEW.esp
  [3E] MilkMod_MilkPumpsFancy.esp
  [47] Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
  [4B] moonpath.esp
  [4C] JRMoonpathtoElsweyrPatch.esp
  [4E] RelightingSkyrim-FULL.esp (relightingskyrim_sse.esp)
  [51] TimingIsEverything.esp
  [54] Milk Addict.esp
  [56] DBM_RelicNotifications.esp
  [59] WACCF_Armor and Clothing Extension.esp
  [5B] Keep It Clean.esp
  [5F] Cloaks.esp
  [62] OBIS SE.esp
  [65] Immersive Patrols II.esp
  [67] Inigo.esp
  [68] MoreNastyCritters.esp
  [69] BDIC.esp
  [6A] Deviously Cursed Loot.esp
  [6B] SexLabSkoomaWhore.esp
  [6F] Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp
  [71] Frostfall.esp
  [74] XPMSE.esp
  [77] SexLab-AmorousAdventures.esp
  [78] Fossilsyum.esp
  [79] SimpleSlavery.esp
  [87] 1nivWICCloaks.esp
  [9E] OBIS SE Patrols Addon.esp
  [A6] AMatterOfTime.esp
  [A7] iHUD.esp
  [A8] iWant RND Widgets.esp
  [AE] Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
  [B4] SexLab Inflation Framework.esp
  [B7] SLAnimLoader.esp
  [B8] EstrusChaurus.esp
  [BB] SlaveTats.esp
  [BD] dse-soulgem-oven.esp
  [BF] SexLab_Dialogues.esp
  [C0] sanguinesDebauchery.esp
  [C1] SexLab-Parasites.esp
  [C7] Helgen Reborn.esp
  [CD] Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remastered.esp
  [CE] aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp
  [CF] Complete Alchemy & Cooking Overhaul.esp
  [D0] Predator Vision.esp
  [D1] iWant RND for CACO.esp
  [D2] Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp
  [D7] Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
  [D8] The Flying Knight.esp
  [D9] DBM_RelicHunter.esp
  [DA] Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp
  [DB] Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp
  [DF] Convenient Horses.esp
  [EA] RealisticWaterTwo.esp
  [F0] IcePenguinWorldMap.esp
  [F6] FNIS.esp
  [FE 000] SkyUI_SE.esp
  [FE 009] RealisticWaterTwo - Resources.esm
  [FE 00E] Obsidian Weathers MCM.esp
  [FE 012] RaceMenu.esp
  [FE 013] RaceMenuPlugin.esp
  [FE 014] RaceMenuHH.esp
  [FE 016] BetterQuestObjectives.esp
  [FE 022] RSChildren.esp
  [FE 024] BGCollectables.esp
  [FE 025] DBM_BGCollectables_Patch.esp
  [FE 027] DBM_CRF_Patch.esp
  [FE 028] DBM_WACCF_Patch.esp
  [FE 036] DBM_CloaksofSkyrim_Patch.esp
  [FE 03E] DBM_TheGrayCowlofNocturnal_Patch.esp
  [FE 043] DBM_Moonpath_Patch.esp
  [FE 047] DBM_IA_Patch.esp
  [FE 052] BetterQuestObjectives-CRFPatch.esp
  [FE 053] BetterQuestObjectives-DBForevertoMisc.esp
  [FE 055] BlendedRoads.esp
  [FE 057] DBM_Fossils_Patch.esp
  [FE 058] DBM_JaysusSwords_Patch.esp
  [FE 059] DBM_KeepitClean_Patch.esp
  [FE 05C] DBM_OBIS_Patch.esp
  [FE 060] DBM_SMIM_Patch.esp
  [FE 06B] WA_BathWidget.esp
  [FE 08B] LOTD_TCC_Cloaks.esp
  [FE 08D] LOTD_TCC_Fossils.esp
  [FE 08E] LOTD_TCC_GrayCowl.esp
  [FE 08F] LOTD_TCC_Gremlins.esp
  [FE 090] LOTD_TCC_ImmArm.esp
  [FE 091] LOTD_TCC_JaysusCraft.esp
  [FE 093] LOTD_TCC_Moonpath.esp
  [FE 0A2] SLA Monitor Widget.esp
  [FE 0A4] SexlabLightMeUp.esp
  [FE 0A7] SLALAnimObjBillyy.esp
  [FE 0A8] NibblesAnimObjects.esp
  [FE 0A9] SLAL_ProxyAnimObjects.esp
  [FE 0AA] SLAL_AnimationsByLeito.esp
  [FE 0AB] SLAL_AnimationByBakaFactory.esp
  [FE 0B0] KSHairdosSMP.esp
  [FE 0B2] BakaFactoryABC.esp
  [FE 0B9] MilkModNEW HF.esp
  [FE 0BD] SLSW Addicted.esp
  [FE 0C7] DBM_HelgenReborn_Patch.esp
  [FE 0C8] Blowing in the Wind - Helgen Reborn Patch SSE.esp
  [FE 0CE] LOTD_TCC_Helgen.esp
  [FE 0D1] DBM_CCOR_Patch.esp
  [FE 0D4] DBM_CACO_Patch.esp
  [FE 0D7] BetterQuestObjectives-AlternateStartPatch.esp
  [FE 0DA] RDO - CRF + USSEP Patch.esp
  [FE 109] SlaveTatsEventsBridge.esp
  [FE 10B] Deviously Cursed Loot LAL AddOn.esp
  [FE 10C] Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Just wanted to echo what you said about the stepped activation and MCM config. I feel like this is a good practice to follow for any of us with complex load orders. Both stepped mod activation, and stepped MCM config. Basically I do this too, but this latest build I have gone ahead and just created a new game with everything activated...And I have some suspicion this definitely could be related to my issue. It seems like the DCL mod and scripts aren't properly starting up based on the papyrus spam I see (but I am just guessing!)

As for my build, lots of the mods (ie. 3DNPC vs. immersive citizens for example) are from the "base build" I use as a starting point. Basically what I do is install someones working modlist with wabbajack, then customize the crap out of it...Which can be a recipe for disaster, I know. And now I've hit a scenario that I've not been able to easily fix with DCL 8.4-8.5, not a disaster but unfortunately no simple fix yet (besides just using 8.3). As for the SkyUI esl flag, thanks for pointing that out. That's come over from the base build, and normally I would NOT esl flag it (and SLIF too, DO NOT esl flag that one). Racemenu I have always esl flagged though...and it appears to work fine that way, but I am not positive. Overall I do have some "experiemental" esl flagging at the moment though, but would be surprised if that has anything to do specifically with DCL.

Anyhow, thanks for all the help in diagnosis and discussion. I am gonna call this a one-off error with my specific build and just live with 8.3 for now.

On 8/16/2020 at 11:13 PM, sexlabthrowaway said:

i know that cursed loot warns you that if you uncheck too many devices, it may not be able to put any on you when you trip a trap, but im having the opposite problem. in the MCM settings the only thing i have checked are chastity belts ( and by extension i assume plugs), and clit piercings. but when i trip a trap, it will still put anything it wants on me. is there something im missing or not understanding about the settings, or is something messed up?

Would anyone be able to help me with this? im still having the issue of the game straight up ignoring what i check on the preference pages. for example, i can have chastity bras turned off in the preferences, and then when i trigger a cursed loot event it still puts one on me anyway. i thought maybe for things like boots and whatnot id have to also mess with the chance weight, but that doesnt seem to disable them either, and for things like chastity bras, theres no value to mess with, its a simple on/off. But for whatever reason, my preferences are just straight up being ignored.

2 hours ago, sexlabthrowaway said:

Would anyone be able to help me with this? im still having the issue of the game straight up ignoring what i check on the preference pages. for example, i can have chastity bras turned off in the preferences, and then when i trigger a cursed loot event it still puts one on me anyway. i thought maybe for things like boots and whatnot id have to also mess with the chance weight, but that doesnt seem to disable them either, and for things like chastity bras, theres no value to mess with, its a simple on/off. But for whatever reason, my preferences are just straight up being ignored.

This happens occasionally for me as well.  I have a bit of a workaround, but I haven't figured out a real fix.

The workaround is that once I have DCL configured the way I like, I export the config (if memory serves it's on the debug tab in MCM).  When I have this problem, I've been re-importing the config, and that generally seems to force my settings back.  I haven't seen it as much since I installed the "sse engine fixes" mod, which I've sometimes seen as a soft or suggested requirement for devious devices.

13 hours ago, sexlabthrowaway said:

Some events/quests don't honor those settings.

Also, if you have bondage lover, and you have a high enough arousal, you might be equipping something you picked up even if it's disabled. In that case, it's not a trap, it's your character doing it to herself.

Take a look through the mcm carefully. You probably need to tweak it some more.

On 8/27/2020 at 12:48 PM, snorp69 said:

This happens occasionally for me as well.  I have a bit of a workaround, but I haven't figured out a real fix.

The workaround is that once I have DCL configured the way I like, I export the config (if memory serves it's on the debug tab in MCM).  When I have this problem, I've been re-importing the config, and that generally seems to force my settings back.  I haven't seen it as much since I installed the "sse engine fixes" mod, which I've sometimes seen as a soft or suggested requirement for devious devices.

For me it seems that they just arent working at all, rather than working for a while and then reverting. i do also have sse engine fix, both parts of it, so atleast ive got that covered.

12 hours ago, zarantha said:

Some events/quests don't honor those settings.

Also, if you have bondage lover, and you have a high enough arousal, you might be equipping something you picked up even if it's disabled. In that case, it's not a trap, it's your character doing it to herself.

Take a look through the mcm carefully. You probably need to tweak it some more.

i havent triggered any of dcls, quests yet, im just referring to the normal loot traps when you open containers/dead bodies/etc. I also dont have any items in my inventory, i was testing this on a test character to make sure, and things are still being equipped outside of preferences. two things i did notice and had questions about were, are some items just not able to be turned off because they just dont fall into any category? for example, my char got equipped with some long black gloves that had restraint in the name, but i had wrist restraints checked off. however they werent the mitt kind of gloves, and so they werent actually preventing me from doing anything, so i wondered if they technically dont count as a wrist restraint, and if there were ither items that were like that as well.

my other question was, i noticed that i had corsets turned off, but chastity belts on, and my character got equipped with a corset that appeared to have a chastity belt built in. if thats the case, are those items allowed because they fit the checked criteria of chastity belt, even though they also fall into the unchecked category of corset?

Is there something in DDs MCM i need to mess with as well? Am i just not abnle to customize which devices get activated to that degree in this mod? would a reinstall help matters any?

48 minutes ago, sexlabthrowaway said:

with some long black gloves that had restraint

Seems you found locking gloves) Itself it's not harm you, but in menu you can lock those gloves and then they works as hand restraints.

Also NPC when you speak with him have chance configurable in MCM to lock those gloves for you)

9 hours ago, sexlabthrowaway said:

For me it seems that they just arent working at all, rather than working for a while and then reverting. i do also have sse engine fix, both parts of it, so atleast ive got that covered.

i havent triggered any of dcls, quests yet, im just referring to the normal loot traps when you open containers/dead bodies/etc. I also dont have any items in my inventory, i was testing this on a test character to make sure, and things are still being equipped outside of preferences. two things i did notice and had questions about were, are some items just not able to be turned off because they just dont fall into any category? for example, my char got equipped with some long black gloves that had restraint in the name, but i had wrist restraints checked off. however they werent the mitt kind of gloves, and so they werent actually preventing me from doing anything, so i wondered if they technically dont count as a wrist restraint, and if there were ither items that were like that as well.

my other question was, i noticed that i had corsets turned off, but chastity belts on, and my character got equipped with a corset that appeared to have a chastity belt built in. if thats the case, are those items allowed because they fit the checked criteria of chastity belt, even though they also fall into the unchecked category of corset?

Is there something in DDs MCM i need to mess with as well? Am i just not abnle to customize which devices get activated to that degree in this mod? would a reinstall help matters any?

The gloves may not count because they don't restrain you until the wrists are locked together. I'm not a 100% on that. NPCs may do that during conversations or other interactions.

If you aren't getting any other wrist restraints added like cuffs, then I think it's working.

If something fits in more than one category like the corset with chastity belt I also think that it could be allowed as long as you have one of the categories enabled.

Or put another way - items are selected from form lists, so as long you have one form list enabled that the item belongs to, there's a chance you will get it.

you can't customized down to each individual device. just having categories of devices already adds a lot to the mcm, and kimy has stated she's reaching or at the amount of stuff she can shove into the dcl mcm, so further customization is unlikely.

11 hours ago, saltshade said:

That's just for key drops though.

There's plants/mines on the general tab too. I don't think anything is for potions only. It could be disabling traps on the plants and mines might work. Disabling it for escape options might work too. Some of the wording on some options makes it seem like it might not be keys only.

Don't mind me, just wanted to report a CTD that always happen when one of three messages pop up on the top left corner.

It's always one of those three, and the CTD happens in the next seconds.

Due to CTD I couldn't read the whole messages but they start like so :
you absent-mindedly...
you tripped over your heels
the belt padding... (this one is pretty long, so much so that the font appear smaller)

Also it's always when I'm wearing a chastity belt.

So far it happened with the slaver's one you get with the 'another life' scenario, the time-locked one you get from the guards, and a bunch of others.

So...Have a nice day?

1 hour ago, boomybo said:

the belt padding...

Starting belt thug animation. No CTD

you tripped over your heels

Starting FNIS animation. No CTD

you absent-mindedly...

Starting FNIS animation. No CTD

First you play you build FNIS animations? You use SE DD and DCL?

If you use a controller you install controller dd fix?

I ran FNIS before starting the game, yes. 

I'm not sure what the other two animations look like, but the "tripped" animation plays fine when I'm not wearing a chastity belt.

Both DD ans DCL SE, yes. 

I also use a controller and I didn't know about that "controller dd fix" you're talking about. Installing it right now, we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for that :)

edit : I played for a while, got the messages, the animations, and no CTD. Yay!