There is now a new roadmap for 2021 ... don't read this unless you're really bored.
I don't plan to start any of this stuff until later in the year. Not sure when, it could be as late as June/July, or it could be a lot sooner.
Here's the rough order/priority I'm looking at:
- new deals;
- new games;
- follower archetypes/quirks - things like alcoholic follower, sex-mad follower, greedy follower, etc.;
- ability for the follower to set (radiant) quest objectives for looting opportunities;
- (radiant) quests to find devious devices that you can wear to please the follower;
- a way to "pay" followers that doesn't involve cash - though I have no idea what that is yet.
- minor slavery extensions
- Follower may allow you to lock-in a deal, for ongoing debt relief.
- Every X days, the standard deal debt reduction amount for the deal stage count will be applied.
- To buy out of the debt involves paying a large multiple of normal buy-out cost, and also specific valuable items: flawless gems, soul gems, valuable spell scrolls, metal ingots.
- The player always chooses to lock in a deal voluntarily, and they select a specific deal, it's not random.
- The only willpower involvement is that you must be below six willpower to lock in a deal at all. High will characters cannot lock in.
- Cannot lock-in deep debt. Modular deals lock-in individually, not as a complete deal set.
I've put the old deal plans inside this spoiler because I'm doing something a little different...
Can be configured to always be given first
- Level 1 - follower wants you to wear a sexy outfit in towns
- Level 2 - follower wants periodic sex
- Level 3 - follower wants to look after your keys for you so you don't lose any
Will not require STA
- Level 1 - hard spanking session on taking deal, no further spanks unless debt exceeds a threshold, with no more than one spank session a day
- Level 2 - always spanked after waking up, plus as above
- Level 3 - spanking on entering an inn or any dwelling, possibly after leaving a shop, plus as above
- Level 1 - given lactacid (more than one unit)
- Level 2 - follower milks the PC and takes the milk, they are given lactacid if milk production falls below the required level
- Level 3 - given lactacid daily, follower demands PC uses milking machine to restore follower mood
Requires Skooma Whore
- Level 1 - one-time-only, follower makes you drink a whole selection of skoomas at once (until you blackout if enabled), will sell you skooma on demand afterwards
- Level 2 - follower makes you drink skooma every morning to "get you moving", might randomly be more than one. Will sell you skooma on demand. Prices raised.
- Level 3 - can beg follower for free skooma. Will sell you skooma if begging rejected. Prices raised. Morning skooma more likely to be multiple.
When begging you may have to do things to please the follower. Things to be determined...
Hopefully can add all of the above deal mechanics this year.
The plan now is to get these new deals done faster and simpler.
The following new modular deals are coming, and are being worked on now:
- Spanking deal - tier 1/2 modular deal. Must beg for spanks.
- Sex deal - tier 1/2 modular deal. Must offer sex to the follower.
- Lactacid deal - tier 1/2 modular deal. Must drink lactacid. Follower will provide it.
- Amulet deal - tier 1/2 modular deal. Must wear an amulet given by the follower. It impairs enchanting.
- Ring deal - tier 1/2 modular deal. Must wear a ring given by the follower. It impairs smithing.
- Circlet deal - tier 1/2 modular deal. Must wear a circlet given by the follower. It impairs alchemy.
- Skooma deal - tier 3 modular deal. Must drink skooma. Follower will provide it, in return for services.
- Milking deal - tier 3 modular deal. Must provide an amount of own milk to the follower.
- Key Holder deal - tier 3 modular deal. Follower holds keys as per the original introductory deal design.
The sexy outfit deal from the introductory deal is on hold, pending addition of a hard SLAX dependency.
When implemented, the outfit will need to be flagged as SEXY and SLOOTY in SLAX.
If willpower low, follower collects payment, if not, PC collects payment and follower expects a cut.
If PC doesn't serve well, follower may punish with fines.
Level 1 - on entering an inn, chance follower finds a client for the PC - vanilla sex/oral only
Level 2 - on entering an inn, follower finds multiple clients for the PC - anal possible
Level 3 - on entering any settlement, follower finds multiple clients for the PC - rough or bondage possible. Clients found until cash targets met.
Existing whore (plug) deal adds to this with clients that approach the PC.
PC must wear whore clothes (or nothing, or bondage items) when whoring.
I don't think the prostitution deal as designed above will be implemented now.
Instead there will be a broad system, rather than a singular deal-stack. Prostitution needs more, and I want to rethink how to best deliver that.
The Rubber Pet and Maid deals still look tempting.
Rubber Pet Deal (blocks maid deal)
Level 1 - wear cat ears, follower will sometimes demand you "speak" with silly Meow noises in certain conversations, causing the NPC to think you are crazy.
Level 2 - wear a rubber cat suit, follower will give you one with armor on - for a price - but it will be locked on. Suit forces crawling in dwellings.
Level 3 - wear a special enclosing rubber hood except in dungeons, hood interferes with NPC interactions, reduces speech skill and trading results.
Level 3 alt - hood is required even in dungeons but has a protective effect. Must beg follower to be able to eat/drink.
Both level 3 also add a magic tail that isn't a plug but causes arousal.
Maid Deal (blocks pet deal)
Level 1 - must wear a maid outfit in towns and inns. Bondage items also acceptable with maid additions. Must address follower as Sir/Maam.
Level 2 - cook and clean for the follower, meals must be freshly cooked, sleeping areas freshly cleaned. Main follower interaction dialog replaced completely.
Level 3 - maid outfit adds bondage items, must offer sexual services to the follower in inns/homes. Follower gives you things to carry that must be produced on demand. Follower will not carry any of your items.
Level 3 alt - must wear maid outfit full time. Sexual services may be requested anywhere. Follower gives you things to carry that must be produced on demand. Follower will not carry any of your items.
- Prostitution level 1 maybe not a chance, instead you can refuse customers after they ask for a certain service.
- As levels increase, you get less chances to object before follower gets upset at you rejecting customers.
- At level three, you can't reject any.
- Nastier services hit willpower harder.
- BiS awareness simply needs to detect sudden disappearance of cum.
- With milk deal, follower may punish various crimes with lactacid.
- With spanking deal, all punishments gain spanking.
- With introductory deal, level 3, you can still get access to your keys as long as you're in a dwelling of any kind. It's designed to be inconvenient, not crippling.
- However, with low willpower, the follower might refuse to let you have the keys and demand you play the key game instead.
Follower strips PC, blindfolds, adds heavy bondage, removes belt if present
PC must go to waypoints in town and drink (something) at each one
Depending on options, drinks can be alcohol, skooma, lactacid
At end, PC can choose to drink a triple dose or take debt to finish, otherwise, repeat.
Follower puts PC in bunny costume with plug-tail, bunny-style bondage mittens (quest items).
PC must collect eggs at checkpoints in time to complete a course, outside, but in safe hold areas.
If success, PC released.
If fail, PC gets a one-shot egg curse similar to egg factory.
PC must repeat the game before they can birth the eggs, with a chance the quest will extend if they fail the time challenge.
Follower challenges PC to carry a useless deadweight for a week.
Refuse and take debt. Accept and take a payment. Dump the weight mid-challenge and get extra debt punishment.
Optional challenge extension.
Only for PCs without naked/whore armor deals.
Follower challenges PC to wear no armor for a week.
Refuse and take debt. Accept and take a payment. If caught wearing armor or enchanted clothes, get extra debt punishment.
Optional challenge extension.
Only for PCs without naked/whore armor deals.
Follower challenges PC to stay naked for a week.
Refuse and take debt. Accept and take a payment. If caught wearing anything other than bondage, get extra debt punishment.
Optional challenge extension.
In an inn, or town exterior...
Follower puts PC in ring gag, heavy bondage, plus closed belt.
PC must collect cum and spit into a jar.
Jar is an activation device.
Cum gained through oral.
At end, jar must be full, if PC has enough cum layers worn, they must drink the jar and are released. If PC has insufficient cum layers worn, follower empties jar on PC.
For all deals and games with cum, follower is aware of washing or removing cum by any means and will punish it with debt.
This is just a list of possibilities. New games will get picked from the list as seems most appropriate at the time.
Follower regard-based dialog:
Some dialogs have three forms, disgusted, neutral, attracted.
- Disgusted: "What do you want now you dumb cunt?"
- Neutral: "What is it?"
- Attracted: "Is there something you need my sweet?"
- Sell your house to the follower to reduce debt. Follower does extra fun things when you stay at their house. Furniture may be used if detected.
- Chests all locked (including contents, which is lost).
- Follower takes main bed.
- PC bed may be swapped for furniture that functions as a bed, bedroll+straw, stone bed, etc.
- Follower charges you rent if you sleep there, unless a spouse.
- Follower sometimes wakes you up and demands sex.
- Follower sometimes demands you wear devices in the house.
- Follower will let you access chests for a fee.
Non Cash Currency: Favors
Favors are a currency that are gained through actions the follower likes and have a direct exchange rate with cash in cases where cash might previously apply.
They are for use with situations like Spouse Follower, Housecarl Follower, etc. If you have a favor-driven follower (and you can only have one active at a time) then...
- Deal buyouts have hidden amounts, and you are only shown buyout for deals you have credit for. They do use cash normally though.
- Device removal is cash free, but uses "favors".
- Punishment debt also uses favors.
- Taking a new deal adds favors.
- Keeping a deal adds favors each day you have it.
- Lives can be turned into favors, or back into lives, though the exchange is inefficient.
- Favors can be used to buy off deals (cash may also be used).
- Negative favors leads to punishment "games".
- Binds tightly into house-related features
- Spouse dialog: main follower interaction dialog replaced for spouses.
- Follower no longer talks about your debt. Instead says "contribution".
- Spouse follower always in gold control. It's "our" money. You can ask for large amounts. You might have to take a deal to get anything.
- Follower will not show you gold control credit, just a vague description, such as, "We are short of cash," or "We have enough to be going on with."
- Spouse follower automatically "owns" your house as above, except chests not taken.
- Spouse follower houses use a shared bed. Alternate sleeping at foot of bed/in furniture.
- Follower expects you to offer sex - this earns favors.
- Follower may offer to belt you, if not belted already. Belt will be removed for any games that need it. This earns favors.
- Spouse overrides Housecarl, on multiple followers or same follower.
- Spouse comes with Possessive quirk by default.
- Spouse punishment mode involves a lot of harsh devices that are locked on, but isn't slavery.
- Spouse can force weird potion on you if you run up too many deals and debts.
- Spouse doesn't refer to deals as deals, but promises.
- Spouse cannot be dismissed. Spouse can divorce you if they get disappointed enough. Consequences nasty.
- Housecarl dialog: main follower interaction dialog replaced for housecarls.
- Follower no longer talks about your debt, instead talks about "duty" and "honor".
- Housecarls never go into gold control.
- You cannot sell your house to a housecarl.
- Housecarl rewards any quest that completes in the hold, or kills bandits, draugr, or Falmer.
- Housecarl possibly generates radiant quests to kill bandits.
- Housecarl comes with lawful quirk by default.
- Housecarl punishment mode is regular slavery with your identity concealed by a hood.
- Housecarl cannot simply be dismissed. The only way to get rid of a housecarl is to take a spouse or hire a different housecarl; spouse overrides housecarl.
As with other stuff in this section, these are a pool of ideas to work from, not a list of things that will be done.
A follower may have up to three traits, some may have none.
Refusal of quirk demands is always willpower limited. Each time you comply it hurts resistance.
Compliance should be rewarded.
- Drunk follower - demands alcohol periodically. If you don't have it when they ask, they lose a life.
- Drinking follower - periodically gives you alcohol and insists you drink. If you don't, they lose a life. If you do, they remove a little debt.
- Skooma follower - like the above two but with skooma instead of alcohol.
- Both of the followers that make you consume things start to push for sex afterwards after a while, based on willpower.
- Sex crazed follower - simply asks for sex and skips the drinking part. You can refuse if you have the willpower but it uses multiple lives.
- Greedy follower - may ask for extra cash. If you give them cash presents they didn't ask for it can restore lives.
- Generally needs more reflection of follower lives in dialog.
- Bondage mad follower - will ask you if you want to take bondage deals. Asks at least once a day. Refusal is gated on willpower. If you agree, the asking only gets more insistent. Only gets reset once you get to level 3 deal.
- Spank mad follower - will ask you to take spanking deal. Similar to the bondage follower.
- Pimp follower - as above, but prostitution deal.
- Clean-freak follower - demands you clean things, player houses, inns, the follower her/himself.
- Sex-hating follower - belts you, of course
- Traveler follower - wants to go to places
- Gourmet follower - wants you to cook varying meals
- Paranoid follower - suspects you want to rob/kill them, takes precautions, wants to search you for poisons, etc.
- Possessive follower - gets upset if you have sex with others unless they instigated it. Does things to bind them to you even more than regular followers.
- Lawful follower - gets upset if you breach the law or offend the follower's moral sensibilities, sees no contradiction in punishing you with rapes though.
My thinking on quirks is that each quirk should link to a deal. That could, depending on quirk, be a single-stage modular deal, or a full three-stage classic deal.
The deal implements both the rewards and punishments of the quirk. Disabling the deal in MCM prevents that quirk from manifesting.
Quirk deals are not offered normally, but arise from conversations with the follower. Quirk deals are just an implementation mechanism, they don't offers immediate debt relief, can't be bought out, and don't prevent follower dismissal ... though some may be exceptions to this exception. For example, the sex-hating follower may offer you an initial cash sum to let them belt you, and you have to buy out the deal to remove the belt. You can dismiss the follower without removing the belt, but will need to remove it via Devious Lore or similar, or ge tsome other DF belt deal that will overwrite it.
- Looting - go to a location with a chest and loot the chest. There will be a book with a joke title in the chest items. The follower will take the book. When you get to a town they will reward you with a "cut" - willpower dependent. The lower your willpower, the more aggressive the time limit. After the time limit the quest ends in failure. Depending on how much you owe, and whether you are enslaved, and your willpower, there will be a penalty for failure. For a PC in control, it will just be a lost life or two. For a PC enslaved, it will be extra debt, punishment events, etc
- Looting devious items - go to a location with a chest and loot the chest. There is a devious item inside. In most cases the item won't be too troublesome, something like a corset, a plug, piercings, a collar, cuffs, etc. The follower will ask you to wear the item. From now on, any time you wear the item, the follower will offer a discount. If you are enslaved, you *must* wear the item (except in dungeons) or be punished, unless if conflicts with a core slavery item. Wearing items helps stop boredom gain. Wear enough and boredom will reduce.
- In some cases the items will be harsh. These are much more effective in terms of reward, and can still be worn in town without too much trouble.
- Taking deals that match the items is advantageous, if you can arrange things that way.
- Quests as objectives from follower quirks.
- Slavery quests to find bondage items and wear them.
- Slavery quests - constant follower demands.
- Deals that impose quirk-related demands on the PC, possibly involving a radiant quest.
- Add some slave punishments.
- Whipping - leaves a health and stamina penalty
- Gagging without the prostitution mini-quest.
- Arm / leg cuffs.
- Heavy bondage.
- Pet suit/hobble dress in town.
- Slavery radiant quests
- Slavery packhorse job
- Slavery, follower won't carry stuff for youd
- Inn keeper dialog removed. Follower talks to inn keepers, spends money, as they feel like, bills it to you.
- There's a cage provided. Cage contains only bed you can use in inns. If you don't use it, it's running away.
Running away... Try to escape your master...
- In certain cases, you can dump your master. Conditions require some care.
- Asking master to wait and then leaving is easy at first.
- Only works on a given master once, after which they only wait in dungeons (or never?)
- Let master go to sleep then run instead of using cage is another way. Leaving the inn when cage awaits is always considered a run attempt.
- Master knocked down in dungeon and then you run while they are in bleedout - leave dungeon is a run attempt.
- If you "get away", follower is removed, gain bounty in escape hold, gain escaped slave faction.
- Return to your master and apologise for trying to/thinking of, running away. Get a punishment.
- If you run away with low willpower, you get slave sickness until you have a master again.
- Slavers hunt for escaped slaves. Will challenge on sight. Hand yourself in and be given back to your master (with more debt), run or fight. Killing slavers may result in bounty of course.
- If slaver catches you, they become your DF, add heavy bondage, and you get a quest to return to your original master.
- On return, all back to normal (but with more debt).