Rumor: Skyrim remaster at E3 2016 !

nunu87

if you are gonna insist on arguing you should at least have some evidence to back up the crap you say: http://www.gamedev.net/page/index.html

I provided two pieces of direct evidence that have been bought by millions of users and are rock solid stable in either compile. I also happen to work in the field you're so glibly proffering as anecdotal evidence at best.

Meanwhile you're the dumbass saying "UUNP is perfect and has no deformation issues, I know cause my dad works for bodyslide"

ptUwN.jpg

ptUCs.jpg

Meanwhile the creators thereof have publicly acknowledged said issues. You were saying something about talking crap, again?

wet

The shader call can be intercepted for the effect, and there's already the use of spec maps to cover the effect, and Boris has already actually done this for the Dogma branch of ENB. One is certainly easier than the other, but you shouldn't assume that's going to be the case. Grass shadows being a perfect example, especially for the console version. If it's too much of a performance hit, it's still not going to show up, same for light count, and you shouldn't just assume it will until you see otherwise.

if you are gonna insist on arguing you should at least have some evidence to back up the crap you say: http://www.gamedev.net/page/index.html

I provided two pieces of direct evidence that have been bought by millions of users and are rock solid stable in either compile. I also happen to work in the field you're so glibly proffering as anecdotal evidence at best.

Meanwhile you're the dumbass saying "UUNP is perfect and has no deformation issues, I know cause my dad works for bodyslide"

Meanwhile the creators thereof have publicly acknowledged said issues. You were saying something about taking crap, again?

first i never said uunp was perfect as that is not possible in a video game AND I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT MY DAD

so just because you said it it must be true - that is not evidence it is your word

a link to where the creators said it would be evidence

The thread is devolving from a "discussion" of the skyrim remaster to a bethesda whinefest (and no cheese served - damn it :( ) to personal slap-fight.  Guys, take your personal sniping elsewhere please so we can return this thread back to the "discussion".  Thanks.

So to summarize what we know info so far: 

1)  A special edition is being released for PC, XBone, and PFFFTTT4.

2)  The "special edition" will be 64-bit.

3)  The PC edition will be free to people who have skyrim and all dlc (whether bought separately or as the "legendary" edition).

4)  and... nothing else other than conjecture, supposition, educated quesswork, and wishful thinking, correct?

Annnnddddd... ninja'd by CPU  :ph34r:

4)  and... nothing else other than ..., correct?

Annnnddddd... ninja'd by CPU  :ph34r:

5) The game is a separate game and will not overwrite the previous one. (Pete Hines posted it.)

Here we go guys, the source : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-07-skyrim-remaster-prey-2-wolfenstein-2-evil-within-2-rumoured-for-e3

Of course its a rumor but do not surprise me anyway, its an easy cash grab for them, and almost all mods user nowadays will buy it AGAIN just to reduce the amount of mods used in their list. And maybe more.

My bets are :

- Skyrim Base (vanilla)

- All Dlc

- Re-patched game (fix for all 3 dlcs and main game)

- Re-texture pack

- Fallout 4 engine asset (lightning, shadow, texture, Vram support etc)

- Weather 100% re-done

- Lanterns game mechanic

Neogaf topic : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1229361

Monsieur Dragon Punch went on to add that the Skyrim remaster will contain "mods, all DLC [and] improved visuals". Mod support is the key inclusion there - it being the thing that makes Skyrim so enduringly popular on PC. Remember, console mod support is something Bethesda now has up and running in Fallout 4 on Xbox One, and will bring to PS4 later this month.

What do you think ?

Its free for PC. its going to be 64bit and run on the fallout engine. it will break all mods for 32bit.

Chatting w Todd just now, able to confirm on Skyrim SE for PC: 64-bit Saves should transfer Separate creation kit to upload mods to Bnet

Is Special Edition a separate new game?

->@DCDeacon<-

yes

Can anyone summarize what is confirmed so far? Is the old script system still working, are old mods playable with it, is it more or less a 4k, DirectX upgrade, or will there be more separations between old and remastered?

wet

The shader call can be intercepted for the effect, and there's already the use of spec maps to cover the effect, and Boris has already actually done this for the Dogma branch of ENB. One is certainly easier than the other, but you shouldn't assume that's going to be the case. Grass shadows being a perfect example, especially for the console version. If it's too much of a performance hit, it's still not going to show up, same for light count, and you shouldn't just assume it will until you see otherwise.

I'm talking about the grass not recieving dynamic lights at night, you can notice it if you use a mod to get dark nights, ENB for example... you will notice that when you walk with your torch the grass is not recieving light is dark and depending on your darkness setting it can be even pitch black...it totally destroys immersion, specially if you have really dense grass... and talking about grass, it may also be an option to to improve it's loading distance without the need no editing ugrids to load, so much hope, but I know it's bethesda, I know that they can deliver the same old engine with the bugs in it, I just want to be positive.

Can anyone summarize what is confirmed so far? Is the old script system still working, are old mods playable with it, is it more or less a 4k, DirectX upgrade, or will there be more separations between old and remastered?

The issue is Pete Hines confirming and not one of the bethesda technical leads confirming it.

The TECHNICAL changes confirmed by more than Hines are:

DX11

New lighting model

64 bit

BNet CK

64bit saves

what has not been confirmed is

script compatibility

changes to papyrus, if any

changes to behavior files, if any

changes to map/DDS format, if any

extensibility, if any

64bit fallout engine, game is free for existing skyrim players who own complete game, separate game with its own CK etc

whats the point of having 3 different skyrim version ?

Exactly. There's no other game on Steam that coexists with its upgraded version.

Original versions of Darksiders II and Sleeping Dogs? ...I mean you can't buy them directly on Steam anymore but if you own them already, nothing prevents you from installing and playing them.

yup just like metro 2033 and metro 2033 redux i still have those 2 games in my library so both of the games will be there.

I just hope that the new version will reduce CTD close to 0. No other game gave me so many CTD's as this one...

Other features are just icing on a cake.

But I also have one fear: that many of the amazing mods will not work with new Skyrim, and that the modders won't update them. This could lead to dividing the community into two camps:

1. Those who create mods for old version (not compatible with new)

2. Those who create mods for the new version (not compatible with old).

Anyway, we just have to wait and see for ourselves. All else is just speculation.

Personally for me, if this game is a separate game then I dont have much to worry about thankfully. 64bit or not, my skyrim game is pretty damn good. Got a decent ENB 144 mods so far, no real issues. Game runs amazingly especially with the new ENB versions. And with all the ENB's coming out we can still make it look better than fallout 4, which isnt hard, hell even someone made fallout 3 look better.

What im trying to say is, in a way, yea 64bit is gonna be a huge thing for us but at the same time, we got it pretty damn good even without it. So I mean other than 64bit, what do we got to look forward to? I dont trust in them to fix any bugs to be honest, if they do, there will be more. Possibly new DLC? maaaybe, who knows.

Just saying,we got it pretty good either way this turns out. Although it will be cool if our mods work with it, I just hope this doesnt turn into doom 3 bfg edition. That was such a sad day... I loved modding that game. I heard you can do some mods for that from the original version but not all...

But I do know that a lot of technical issues do depend on peoples pc's and mods and setups ect. But for me personally, and im sure there are some others too, not that big of a deal.

But heres hoping for the best! Dont screw up, bethesda! You can do eet!! :)

not sure if anyone's read this? im still abit dubious >.<

Skyrim Remaster Will Work With Basically All Old Mods

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/skyrim-remaster-will-work-with-basically-all-old-m/1100-6440942/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0a

I didn't see this specific page, but I am aware of all the twittered stuff.

And yes, probably old mods adding meshes and textures will be right to use (or maybe) you need to pass them through the new CK to convert them. The same for the esp, esm files.

But for external tools, like SKSE, for sure it has to be updated.

Now, we know that Shlangster will NOT update SkyUI, he said this, so, the advanced MCM stuff will require a new basic framework mod to be created.

Please better textures and meshes hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha do you see the best direct x and all the power of the new engine and the games this days are lack of good story or no graphic come on open your eyes and brains We have Fallout 4 better engine and direct x and what we get Fallout 4 with low textures really heavy in your machine with what bad story and gameplay. Fallout 3 and New Vegas with that crap Vanilla textures you talk is Better than

Fallout 4.

and That My Friends is the Truth.

No matter if you have a great engine with the best direct x if you don't use that power well is not matter because you will create a crap game.

i am not offending anyone is that i am sad that the game community is so low in thinking well. now the community only like graphics and not the gameplay and story. everyone like graphics but not only the graphics i like a game with great graphics great story and great gameplay. like the fallout 3 and new vegas or oblivion, skyrim. the originals not what is the gaming now

Fallout 4 i was really hoping this game but now is not the game i play long time ago and now because a play the old fallouts,

:D :D

Agreed.

The minimum we can expect is to have the "HighResTexutres" by default.

Will they improve the existing textures? Not sure, but I still hope. But, not sure.

Will they improve the existing meshes? Mh. They can just convert in batch the existing one, easy, and low cost. Maybe, maybe, they can do something. But I doubt. Again.

Just relying on the better rendering engine (not the game engine, just the rendering part) is already a big marketing advantage to have console people to buy it. Add that some mods will be available, and you do bingo.

But we will know for sure only in October. A bunch of us will get it for free, and a bunch of us will try it on PC.

not sure if anyone's read this? im still abit dubious >.<

Skyrim Remaster Will Work With Basically All Old Mods

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/skyrim-remaster-will-work-with-basically-all-old-m/1100-6440942/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0a

I didn't see this specific page, but I am aware of all the twittered stuff.

And yes, probably old mods adding meshes and textures will be right to use (or maybe) you need to pass them through the new CK to convert them. The same for the esp, esm files.

But for external tools, like SKSE, for sure it has to be updated.

Now, we know that Shlangster will NOT update SkyUI, he said this, so, the advanced MCM stuff will require a new basic framework mod to be created.

Im sure he will if bethesda make mods not free for this version.

Agreed.

The minimum we can expect is to have the "HighResTexutres" by default.

Will they improve the existing textures? Not sure, but I still hope. But, not sure.

Will they improve the existing meshes? Mh. They can just convert in batch the existing one, easy, and low cost. Maybe, maybe, they can do something. But I doubt. Again.

Just relying on the better rendering engine (not the game engine, just the rendering part) is already a big marketing advantage to have console people to buy it. Add that some mods will be available, and you do bingo.

But we will know for sure only in October. A bunch of us will get it for free, and a bunch of us will try it on PC.

We already know from the preview that 4K diffuse is a thing, though I'm sure with memory limitations it ceratinaly doesn't apply to everything present, I'm sure 2K will be the console norm, except for perhaps certain hero items. We also know from the preview the Dova's back is still six quads across, unless they plan on upping polycount of the models at a later time.

We also know from the DOF section preview that parallax and PBR are either not a thing yet, or won't be a thing at all.

Archived