[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

Wonder if anyone knows a fix for a problem I keep running into:

On some armors whenever I import them into outfit studio it looks like some parts of the mesh get scaled down by some arbitrary amount and I can't figure out at all how to fix it, resulting in most of the armor, especially the arms, being lower than where they're supposed to be. I've tried disabling the "apply overall skin transform" option and trying different source skeletons in outfit studio but neither seemed to have any effect.

For example, I was trying to zap the the pauldrons from the eisen plate armor but when I import it to outfit studio the mesh is deformed as described. I've attached an image below to show what I mean.

Any ideas? I've tried searching every variation of mesh/armor/torso scaled/transformed/deformed/crushed/shrunken I can think of and can't find any other documentation of the problem or a potential fix.

post-17073-0-49538900-1453625675_thumb.png

On some armors whenever I import them into outfit studio it looks like some parts of the mesh get scaled down by some arbitrary amount and I can't figure out at all how to fix it, resulting in most of the armor, especially the arms, being lower than where they're supposed to be. I've tried disabling the "apply overall skin transform" option and trying different source skeletons in outfit studio but neither seemed to have any effect.

For example, I was trying to zap the the pauldrons from the eisen plate armor but when I import it to outfit studio the mesh is deformed as described. I've attached an image below to show what I mean.

Any ideas? I've tried searching every variation of mesh/armor/torso scaled/transformed/deformed/crushed/shrunken I can think of and can't find any other documentation of the problem or a potential fix.

attachicon.gifimportProblem.png

I've no clue what could be the cause for this but Outfit Studio allows you to scale shapes.

Just right click on the shape -> Scale.

With some guess work you can scale it back to its original size :)

attachicon.gifimportProblem.png

I've no clue what could be the cause for this but Outfit Studio allows you to scale shapes.

Just right click on the shape -> Scale.

With some guess work you can scale it back to its original size :)

Yeah, I've tried that already but outfit studio's scale function transforms along all axis, and I'm pretty sure this import problem scales more along the z axis than the other two. I've tried fixing it with nifskope transform but can't find close enough values, and when I get close-ish the weighting is way off in game.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Edit: Well, I managed to kind of fix it in nifskope by copying the NiSkinData node from the pre-import mesh to the new one. That's not exactly ideal though since it means all the pre-import weights are coming in with it (I think), so changing the weighting of any effected meshes in outfit studio is right out. And I'm not even sure that'll let me zap the pauldrons, since some of the vertices from the mesh I'm copying from will be missing. 

post-17073-0-89623300-1453630161_thumb.png

This also suggests I was wrong about it being a scaling problem but maybe something with the nif's bone weighting/transform data? Is there any way to preserve that data when importing/exporting?

Guest jolander

Alrrrighty then.  Hey all.  I have been trying to convert Daedric Reaper armor by NSK13 pretty much all day today and most of last night.  I have followed the guide, as well as a guide from youtube, though not for the armor I am trying to work with.  The armor is CBBE and I am trying to convert it to CBBE HDT.  When I begin OS and start a new project, I select CBBE ref body, and then go through the whole process and each step.  I choose CBBE HDT body for the "Load Reference" and copy the breast weights and such.  When I go to save, I have this as form:

post-1079188-0-35694500-1453865459_thumb.jpg

My OSP file's first few lines are:

<SliderSetInfo version="1">
    <SliderSet name="Daedric__Reaper_Armor_HDT">
        <DataFolder>Daedric__Reaper_Armor_HDT</DataFolder>
        <SourceFile>Daedric__Reaper_Armor_HDT.nif</SourceFile>
        <OutputPath>C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods\Daedric Reaper Armor\meshes\DX\MiniArmorsCollection\Armors\DaedricReaper</OutputPath>
        <OutputFile GenWeights="true">DX_MAC_Reaper_1.nif</OutputFile>

and my log shows

[20:55:27][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(316): Outfit Studio loaded.
[20:56:28][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(770): Creating project 'DX_MAC_Reaper'...
[20:56:28][3]    Anim.cpp(436): Loaded skeleton 'res\skeleton_female_xpmse.nif' with root 'NPC'.
[20:56:28][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(792): Loading reference template 'CBBE Body'...
[20:56:28][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(824): Loading outfit 'DX_MAC_Reaper' from 'C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods\Daedric Reaper Armor\meshes\DX\MiniArmorsCollection\Armors\DaedricReaper\DX_MAC_Reaper_1.nif'...
[20:56:28][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(839): Creating outfit...
[20:56:30][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(849): Creating 55 slider(s)...
[20:56:32][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(856): Applying slider effects...
[20:56:32][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(860): Project created.
[20:56:57][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(3451): Deleting shape 'BaseShape_outfit'.
[21:04:18][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(1598): Creating new conversion slider 'DX_MAC_Reaper'...
[21:08:24][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(2841): Conforming all shapes...
[21:08:24][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(2876): Conforming...
[21:08:24][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(2898): 1 shape(s) conformed.
[21:08:24][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(2883): Conforming 'Torso_VFX'...
[21:08:24][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(2883): Conforming 'Torso'...
[21:08:24][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(2864): All shapes conformed.
[21:09:31][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(1488): Setting new base shape.
[21:10:28][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(1000): Loading reference template 'CBBE Body HDT'...
[21:10:28][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(1031): Creating reference...
[21:10:28][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(1035): Creating 55 slider(s)...
[21:10:29][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(1041): Applying slider effects...
[21:10:29][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(1045): Reference loaded.
[21:11:56][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(2841): Conforming all shapes...
[21:11:56][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(2876): Conforming...
[21:11:56][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(2883): Conforming 'Torso_VFX'...
[21:11:56][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(2898): 1 shape(s) conformed.
[21:11:56][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(2883): Conforming 'Torso'...
[21:11:56][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(2864): All shapes conformed.
[21:12:48][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(3578): Copying selected bone weights to 'Torso' for 'NPC L Breast' 'NPC R Breast' ...
[21:12:51][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(3578): Copying selected bone weights to 'Torso_VFX' for 'NPC L Breast' 'NPC R Breast' ...
[21:13:15][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(3578): Copying selected bone weights to 'Torso_VFX' for 'NPC L Breast' 'NPC R Breast' ...
[21:14:36][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(1441): Saving project 'DX_MAC_Reaper'...
[21:14:36][3]    BodySlideApp.cpp(334): Loading all slider sets...
[21:15:46][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(332): Outfit Studio closed.
[21:15:48][3]    BodySlideApp.cpp(2077): BodySlide closed.

for the most recent attempt on my part.  Whenever I load up skse the armor hasn't altered in anyway from the original nif files from the original mod.  I have checked my folder where I supposedly put the new nif files, but they are the same files as before.  I have tried doing this with another piece of the armor and I had some success with the leggings to get HDT working, but they wouldn't mold to my character's body slider preset, which I went through Guide 2 to change.

Can someone help me make sense of this?  Thanks a bunch!  I've been wracking my mind with possible issues and solutions, and tried my darnedest to figure it out.

Alrrrighty then.  Hey all.  I have been trying to convert Daedric Reaper armor by NSK13 pretty much all day today and most of last night.  I have followed the guide, as well as a guide from youtube, though not for the armor I am trying to work with.  The armor is CBBE and I am trying to convert it to CBBE HDT.  When I begin OS and start a new project, I select CBBE ref body, and then go through the whole process and each step.  I choose CBBE HDT body for the "Load Reference" and copy the breast weights and such.  When I go to save, I have this as form:

My OSP file's first few lines are:

<SliderSetInfo version="1">

<SliderSet name="Daedric__Reaper_Armor_HDT">

<DataFolder>Daedric__Reaper_Armor_HDT</DataFolder>

<SourceFile>Daedric__Reaper_Armor_HDT.nif</SourceFile>

<OutputPath>C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods\Daedric Reaper Armor\meshes\DX\MiniArmorsCollection\Armors\DaedricReaper</OutputPath>

<OutputFile GenWeights="true">DX_MAC_Reaper_1.nif</OutputFile>

and my log shows

[20:55:27][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(316): Outfit Studio loaded.

[20:56:28][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(770): Creating project 'DX_MAC_Reaper'...

[20:56:28][3]    Anim.cpp(436): Loaded skeleton 'res\skeleton_female_xpmse.nif' with root 'NPC'.

[20:56:28][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(792): Loading reference template 'CBBE Body'...

[20:56:28][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(824): Loading outfit 'DX_MAC_Reaper' from 'C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods\Daedric Reaper Armor\meshes\DX\MiniArmorsCollection\Armors\DaedricReaper\DX_MAC_Reaper_1.nif'...

[20:56:28][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(839): Creating outfit...

[20:56:30][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(849): Creating 55 slider(s)...

[20:56:32][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(856): Applying slider effects...

[20:56:32][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(860): Project created.

[20:56:57][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(3451): Deleting shape 'BaseShape_outfit'.

[21:04:18][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(1598): Creating new conversion slider 'DX_MAC_Reaper'...

[21:08:24][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(2841): Conforming all shapes...

[21:08:24][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(2883): Conforming 'Torso_VFX'...

[21:08:24][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(2883): Conforming 'Torso'...

[21:08:24][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(2864): All shapes conformed.

[21:09:31][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(1488): Setting new base shape.

[21:10:28][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(1000): Loading reference template 'CBBE Body HDT'...

[21:10:28][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(1031): Creating reference...

[21:10:28][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(1035): Creating 55 slider(s)...

[21:10:29][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(1041): Applying slider effects...

[21:10:29][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(1045): Reference loaded.

[21:11:56][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(2841): Conforming all shapes...

[21:11:56][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(2883): Conforming 'Torso_VFX'...

[21:11:56][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(2883): Conforming 'Torso'...

[21:11:56][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(2864): All shapes conformed.

[21:12:48][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(3578): Copying selected bone weights to 'Torso' for 'NPC L Breast' 'NPC R Breast' ...

[21:12:51][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(3578): Copying selected bone weights to 'Torso_VFX' for 'NPC L Breast' 'NPC R Breast' ...

[21:13:15][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(3578): Copying selected bone weights to 'Torso_VFX' for 'NPC L Breast' 'NPC R Breast' ...

[21:14:36][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(1441): Saving project 'DX_MAC_Reaper'...

[21:14:36][3]    BodySlideApp.cpp(334): Loading all slider sets...

[21:15:46][3]    OutfitStudio.cpp(332): Outfit Studio closed.

[21:15:48][3]    BodySlideApp.cpp(2077): BodySlide closed.

for the most recent attempt on my part.  Whenever I load up skse the armor hasn't altered in anyway from the original nif files from the original mod.  I have checked my folder where I supposedly put the new nif files, but they are the same files as before.  I have tried doing this with another piece of the armor and I had some success with the leggings to get HDT working, but they wouldn't mold to my character's body slider preset, which I went through Guide 2 to change.

Can someone help me make sense of this?  Thanks a bunch!  I've been wracking my mind with possible issues and solutions, and tried my darnedest to figure it out.

Your output path is wrong. It should be: meshes\DX\MiniArmorsCollection\Armors\DaedricReaper

Then build it again.

Losing my mind right now. I've Looked through dozens of tutorials and it seems that the Outfit Studio is playing tricks on me. The most frustrating part is that few days ago I've conducted my first conversion with no further problems and now it seems like my mind's gone blank.

XW4hF.jpg

What I am trying to do is to make 7B Bombshell outfit into a UUNP preset. Set my conversion reference to UUNP HDT, because I found it most suitable for the task I'm trying to fulfill. Chose the outfit mesh for maximum weight afterwards. I got rid of the original body mesh and set UUNP sliders 100% for 7B Bombshell and 8% for Breasts SSH. With no further problems I made the reference and tweaked all the clipping, but after that the problem appeared.

JF4kd.jpg

Once I set the weight slider to 100% the bodytype goes back from modified 7B Bombshell to the base reference body that I started with. Moreover when I set the base shape for the body it went completely downhill.  The clothing piece started clipping again and it seems I came back to the starting point.

mC9uG.jpg

What do I do wrong? I follow every Guide #1 step, but it always ends up like that.

Hey guys. 

I've been trying to make a new bodyslide preset from a custom body shape for days with no success and a little help may put me on the right way.

As I said, the goal is to make a UUNP bodyslide body preset with the sliderset I've prepared on Outfit Studio.

I loaded a UUNP Special reference body, then I loaded the original body as outfit. I've tunned every slide the way everything was matching and I was pretty happy with the result.

Then I saved the project. Deleted the custom body, exported the nif, tested it on NifSkope and ingame and it was almost perfect.

The problem is when I went back to Outfit Studio and loaded the project to adjust some details, the sliders were resetted so all the work I've done was lost.

The conclusion is I've made an outfit (and it shows as an outfit in Bodyslide) and not a preset :(

So, I'll try again but this time I need some tip about what I'm doing wrong. And it's not supposed when I save a project it opens the way I left it, as any other application?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

PS: You may ask why not building the preset on BS instead OS? Because I need the original body wireframe to visually match the UUNP body to it.

Wouldn't it be cool during sex animations if not only could you move the characters on the x,y,z axis but rotate them as well...

My characters glitched out yesterday and one of them was facing the other way in error....looked awesome. I am not sure if this can be done already but it would be cool if in sexlab there were buttons to bind for rotation of player characters and npc during sex animations :)

Ok, since the update to the newest version, I'm geting .osp files instead of .xml files, are those what should be distributed?

Also, how do I make it so that many outfits can be sent together as a set, ie: instead of a separate slider set file for each outfit, there is one, and in Outfit Studio you choose the outfit from the dropdown list. I can't figure out how you do that.

Losing my mind right now. I've Looked through dozens of tutorials and it seems that the Outfit Studio is playing tricks on me. The most frustrating part is that few days ago I've conducted my first conversion with no further problems and now it seems like my mind's gone blank.

XW4hF.jpg

What I am trying to do is to make 7B Bombshell outfit into a UUNP preset. Set my conversion reference to UUNP HDT, because I found it most suitable for the task I'm trying to fulfill. Chose the outfit mesh for maximum weight afterwards. I got rid of the original body mesh and set UUNP sliders 100% for 7B Bombshell and 8% for Breasts SSH. With no further problems I made the reference and tweaked all the clipping, but after that the problem appeared.

JF4kd.jpg

Once I set the weight slider to 100% the bodytype goes back from modified 7B Bombshell to the base reference body that I started with. Moreover when I set the base shape for the body it went completely downhill.  The clothing piece started clipping again and it seems I came back to the starting point.

mC9uG.jpg

What do I do wrong? I follow every Guide #1 step, but it always ends up like that.

Generally, the way you do a conversion is you take your outfit and you change the shape to fit the CBBE/UUNP body. That is, you make it fit the standard shape with no sliders applied. Once you've done that, you then apply the UUNP sliders and go through them to ensure the sliders are applied to the body properly without clipping.

A preset is made in Bodyslide, after your conversion is already completed. A preset isn't outfit specific, it's just a way to remember your slider settings so you don't have to tweak every outfit you want to use.

Hey guys. 

I've been trying to make a new bodyslide preset from a custom body shape for days with no success and a little help may put me on the right way.

As I said, the goal is to make a UUNP bodyslide body preset with the sliderset I've prepared on Outfit Studio.

I loaded a UUNP Special reference body, then I loaded the original body as outfit. I've tunned every slide the way everything was matching and I was pretty happy with the result.

Then I saved the project. Deleted the custom body, exported the nif, tested it on NifSkope and ingame and it was almost perfect.

The problem is when I went back to Outfit Studio and loaded the project to adjust some details, the sliders were resetted so all the work I've done was lost.

The conclusion is I've made an outfit (and it shows as an outfit in Bodyslide) and not a preset :(

So, I'll try again but this time I need some tip about what I'm doing wrong. And it's not supposed when I save a project it opens the way I left it, as any other application?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot!

PS: You may ask why not building the preset on BS instead OS? Because I need the original body wireframe to visually match the UUNP body to it.

Presets are saved in Bodyslide, not Outfit Studio. You can use OS to convert/adjust an outfit and export the NIF. You can set up sliders to work with an outfit. But you don't save presets, that's what BS is for.

The "standard" way to do you you're trying to do, is to convert your outfit to UUNP and set up the sliders to work properly. And after the conversion is complete, adjust the sliders in BS to create the body you want. If you don't want to do all of that, then you can open both the _1 and _0 versions of the mesh, make whatever changes you want to each one, and export the NIFs individually.

Ok, since the update to the newest version, I'm geting .osp files instead of .xml files, are those what should be distributed?

Also, how do I make it so that many outfits can be sent together as a set, ie: instead of a separate slider set file for each outfit, there is one, and in Outfit Studio you choose the outfit from the dropdown list. I can't figure out how you do that.

Yes and on the save prompt, instead of typing in a new slider set you type in an existing one.

I'm trying to edit a HDT armor, and after cleaning up all the clipping, I duplicated, named body, exported nif, but when i load up my SKSE save game, the armor still clips. Someone else in the last page had this error and apparently they had the wrong output folder, but I can't find mine and not sure what it is supposed to be.

So I fixed my outfit in outfit studio to fit my custom body and saved the .nif into the proper location; however, when I equip the armor in the game, the body is invisible but the armor shows correctly. What am I missing?

I see the CBBE file under meshes on the right side and the body is still invisible. How do I get the body to appear in the game? Thanks 

I have body with hdt vagina, but outfits creates without it. Is it possible to build vagina to all bodyslide outfits without editing their nifs for changing base bodyshape?

Or if it isn't possible and i need to edit outfit meshes, what i supposed to do for adding body with vagina?

Within the game your character isn't actually "wearing" an outfit but rather a section of your character's body gets swapped out with what the outfit covers.

For example when a naked character equips an iron armor the naked torso+legs-section is swapped with the iron armor version of those.

This means the body you see underneath the armor is part of the outfit data, so you'll have to open up your outfit in Outfit Studio and swap out the current body with the one you desire.

Can someone help me? My follower Recorder is using her custom cbbe tbbp(HDT, Big Butt and Big Breast) preset and I tried following Guide 3 but there's a lot of clipping in game, in the Outfit Studio, everything looks fine though. I am using the Scarlet Dawn CBBE Armour. Can someone convert the armour for me please? I would be really grateful.

I'm trying to edit a HDT armor, and after cleaning up all the clipping, I duplicated, named body, exported nif, but when i load up my SKSE save game, the armor still clips. Someone else in the last page had this error and apparently they had the wrong output folder, but I can't find mine and not sure what it is supposed to be.

Firstly, make sure you're replacing both the _0 and _1 if the mod has both. Secondly, if the clipping occurs when the HDT takes effect, you need to adjust the bone weights. Thricely, to answer your actual question: you set the output folder in the Save As prompt. You need to set it to replace the meshes the ESP points to; same folder path and file name so the game will use your meshes instead.

So I fixed my outfit in outfit studio to fit my custom body and saved the .nif into the proper location; however, when I equip the armor in the game, the body is invisible but the armor shows correctly. What am I missing?

I see the CBBE file under meshes on the right side and the body is still invisible. How do I get the body to appear in the game? Thanks

Make sure all pieces are using the correct partition slot. If you open the mesh in Nifskope, you can find it under the BSDismemberSkinInstance > Partitions. The base body is slot 32. If that doesn't solve the problem, I would double check the BSLightingShaders property.

Sorry, I'm still struggling with this myself xD

In Guide 3 you use your current body as reference so you can just copy the shape into your outfit.

This should give your outfit a "vulva", although I don't know if it's still transformable afterwards.

Only thing I'd add, is you need to click "Merge new sliders with existing sliders" to keep your slider settings. Otherwise, you lose them.

Can someone help me? My follower Recorder is using her custom cbbe tbbp(HDT, Big Butt and Big Breast) preset and I tried following Guide 3 but there's a lot of clipping in game, in the Outfit Studio, everything looks fine though. I am using the Scarlet Dawn CBBE Armour. Can someone convert the armour for me please? I would be really grateful.

I'm sorry, but this isn't the correct forum for requests. But for the record, there are several bodyslide conversions of the outfit you're asking about; both on here and on the Nexus.

Firstly, make sure you're replacing both the _0 and _1 if the mod has both. Secondly, if the clipping occurs when the HDT takes effect, you need to adjust the bone weights. Thricely, to answer your actual question: you set the output folder in the Save As prompt. You need to set it to replace the meshes the ESP points to; same folder path and file name so the game will use your meshes instead.

Make sure all pieces are using the correct partition slot. If you open the mesh in Nifskope, you can find it under the BSDismemberSkinInstance > Partitions. The base body is slot 32. If that doesn't solve the problem, I would double check the BSLightingShaders property.

In Guide 3 you use your current body as reference so you can just copy the shape into your outfit.

This should give your outfit a "vulva", although I don't know if it's still transformable afterwards.

Only thing I'd add, is you need to click "Merge new sliders with existing sliders" to keep your slider settings. Otherwise, you lose them.

I'm sorry, but this isn't the correct forum for requests. But for the record, there are several bodyslide conversions of the outfit you're asking about; both on here and on the Nexus.

Can you provide a link for me to the correct forum for requests?

[...]

[...]

I didn't know that, thanks for this piece of information :)

I've been trying to convert an outfit to a UUNP HDT body via Guide 1.

HDT and the mophs work just fine but for some reason the created _0.nif is identical to the _1.nif.

It seems I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, have you maybe got an idea?

Try here.

[...]

[...]

HDT and the mophs work just fine but for some reason the created _0.nif is identical to the _1.nif.

If the sliders weren't being applied properly to the outfit, then both exported meshes would be the same base shape (the shape the body has with no sliders applied). Assuming they are working correctly as you indicated, then the meshes should be exactly what you set the sliders to in Bodyslide (the _0 weight is on the left side), and the same shape that appears when you click the Preview button.

If the body doesn't change in the preview screen when you move the weight slider around, then either your sliders aren't working right or the sliders for the low and high weight are set to be the same thing. If the preview is working as expected, then you should make sure the meshes are being exported to the correct place, with the correct file names, etc.

And lastly, if the original outfit didn't have weight slider support, you have to manually add it by opening the ESP in the creation kit. It's easy to do, you just have to open the ArmorAddon and browse for your new exported meshes. That's assuming the meshes are exported correctly (and aren't identical), but you aren't getting different weight settings in game.

[...]

If the sliders weren't being applied properly to the outfit, then both exported meshes would be the same base shape (the shape the body has with no sliders applied). Assuming they are working correctly as you indicated, then the meshes should be exactly what you set the sliders to in Bodyslide (the _0 weight is on the left side), and the same shape that appears when you click the Preview button.

If the body doesn't change in the preview screen when you move the weight slider around, then either your sliders aren't working right or the sliders for the low and high weight are set to be the same thing. If the preview is working as expected, then you should make sure the meshes are being exported to the correct place, with the correct file names, etc.

And lastly, if the original outfit didn't have weight slider support, you have to manually add it by opening the ESP in the creation kit. It's easy to do, you just have to open the ArmorAddon and browse for your new exported meshes. That's assuming the meshes are exported correctly (and aren't identical), but you aren't getting different weight settings in game.

The original outfit itself has both low and high weight versions and they're working within the game.

After applying the steps in Guide 1 I view the result via the Preview button, but the only change I see when moving the slider is the neck getting smaller or wider, so I guess my sliders aren't working properly.

I'll try again when I've got some time on my hands.

Thanks for your reply :)

Try here.

[...]

[...]

Thanks. :D

Seems like I was too much in a hurry to get it to work and didn't see the obvious...

I figured out why both .nif-variants, low and high weight, looked the same:

I thought Outfit Studio would set the sliders for low and high weight variants on its own but it seems I have to do that myself via the Bodyslide window.

After setting the sliders for both variants separately it works now without issues xD

What now remains is mending the clipping issues caused by HDT.

Edit:

Now I've got another problem:

I put more weight on the outfit where clipping caused by HDT with the body occurs, save project, rebuild the nifs and go check how it looks ingame.

Ingame I see nothing has changed from before, go back to OS, load my previously saved project and see the bone weights on the outfit reverted back to their previous state.

Edit²:

Just learned another thing:

Do not have your edited outfit in Bodyslide selected while refreshing the outfit list, otherwise it will just rollback to the state from before you edited it. *doh*

Edit³:

Step by step I'm getting there.

Is it allowed to upload my conversion here so other people can have a look at it?

I'd like to know if what I'm working on qualifies as "quality work" or what needs to be done to get it there.