[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

Hi, I tried to convert the Triss outfit to UUNP but I have a little problem with the boots.

My english is not very nice and I don't understand how add the extra body slider to my boots ( like this ) because I use UUNP special feet as reference, so actually my boots don't follow my legs.

I must create a new slider ? or how can I import these body sliders ?

Someone can help me to understand how make this please ?

Thank you very much. :)

NB: Another thing, on the screenshot the boots are no reference, how can I remove the reference ?

You load your boots with the body mesh first, and you conform to the relevant sliders. Then you load a new reference. When you select the feet, on the same window check "Merge new sliders with existing sliders" at the bottom. Then conform to the foot sliders.

On the "Save As" window, you uncheck the "Copy reference shape into output" to have it not include the reference when you build the outfit.

Thank you very much, I will try this.

Not a request, just sounding out possibilities... how difficult would it be to convert clothes from, say, UNP/CBBE to SAM?

One of my beautiful boys needs lingerie, you see, and I'd rather ask the opinions of the experienced before concussing myself headdesking over something infeasible. ;)

I mean, it can be done. It won't be easy to get it to look good, given how drastically different the body shapes are.

People convert male outfits to (usually skimpy) female versions all the time. But they typically use a 3DS Max or Blender type of program. The point of Outfit Studio was to be user friendly enough that almost anybody could use it. But that means it's not as powerful as the real thing, and some of the advanced features really come in handy on a project like that.

You could certainly try it, though. If your lingerie doesn't have sleeves or legs, that would make it a whole lot easier.

Hm. Thank you for your thoughts on the matter. Will contemplate best approach.
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all, after a few months of absence I've got interested in Skyrim again and picked up my old project.

I'm currently converting a piece of clothing with two different textures.

First I tried to convert the first version, make a .nif-file, copy that one and rename the copy to match the name of the second one.

Ingame my character tried on both but for some reason they had the same texture, although the correct texture is shown in the inventory.

Then I tried to copy the project of the first version and just change the texture of the shape, but that had the same result.

When I go back to the original .nif-files both textures are applied properly.

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Hi all,

after a few months of absence I've got interested in Skyrim again and picked up my old project.

First I tried to convert the first version, make a .nif-file, copy that one and rename the copy to match the name of the second one.

Ingame my character tried on both but for some reason they had the same texture, although the correct texture is shown in the inventory.

Then I tried to copy the project of the first version and just change the texture of the shape, but that had the same result.

Hello. Welcome back to Skyrim.

You should make sure your textures are set correctly. You can check and change the texture path in Nifskope under the BSLightingShaderProperty > BSShaderTextureSet within the NiTriShape. Or, since this is an Outfit Studio topic, by right clicking the object in OS > Properties > Textures. If you didn't change them after copying and pasting the first NIF, it's probably still pointing to its respective textures.

Texture swaps can also be done via a Creation Kit plugin. I'm assuming your mod isn't currently set up to do that, because you'd only have one mesh. But it would be another way to correct your issue, and then you'd only have to deal with one mesh in future modifications.

The mesh that shows up in your inventory is actually unique from the mesh your character actually wears. Sometimes modders get lazy and point to the same one, but traditionally it's separate. It's usually called OutfitName_g or _ground.nif, since it's also the mesh that appears when you drop your outfit on the ground.

post-541074-0-04094400-1465057814_thumb.jpg

post-541074-0-12379900-1465058003_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

after a few months of absence I've got interested in Skyrim again and picked up my old project.

You should make sure your textures are set correctly. You can check and change the texture path in Nifskope under the BSLightingShaderProperty > BSShaderTextureSet within the NiTriShape. Or, since this is an Outfit Studio topic, by right clicking the object in OS > Properties > Textures. If you didn't change them after copying and pasting the first NIF, it's probably still pointing to its respective textures.

Texture swaps can also be done via a Creation Kit plugin. I'm assuming your mod isn't currently set up to do that, because you'd only have one mesh. But it would be another way to correct your issue, and then you'd only have to deal with one mesh in future modifications.

The mesh that shows up in your inventory is actually unique from the mesh your character actually wears. Sometimes modders get lazy and point to the same one, but traditionally it's separate. It's usually called OutfitName_g or _ground.nif, since it's also the mesh that appears when you drop your outfit on the ground.

That solved my texture problem, thank you :)

Sadly more problems popped up D:

#1:

The set of clothes I'm converting right now also has some trousers.

While standing, running, or other animations the mesh doesn't show any quirks, but when my character sneaks, for some reason, two vertices - one from each leg - seem to want to keep their initial distance to each other.

This causes the faces they're part of to stretch and form weird triangles.

http://imgur.com/wwafL0o

http://imgur.com/4Dn5Ylq

It's rather difficult to describe, so I hope the image links are working (I'm still not permitted to upload stuff here).

#2:

A chest piece clothing doesn't show it's mesh when loading a game where my character is already wearing said piece.

Although the body section underneath the clothing is showing just fine.

I can tell that it is the body section from the worn item and not the regular clothless body, since I've modified it a little to fix some clipping issues.

I've no clue what could be causing this.

Sorry for being such a handful :)

Hi all,

That solved my texture problem, thank you :)

Sadly more problems popped up D:

#1:

The set of clothes I'm converting right now also has some trousers.

While standing, running, or other animations the mesh doesn't show any quirks, but when my character sneaks, for some reason, two vertices - one from each leg - seem to want to keep their initial distance to each other.

This causes the faces they're part of to stretch and form weird triangles.

http://imgur.com/wwafL0o

http://imgur.com/4Dn5Ylq

It's rather difficult to describe, so I hope the image links are working (I'm still not permitted to upload stuff here).

#2:

A chest piece clothing doesn't show it's mesh when loading a game where my character is already wearing said piece.

Although the body section underneath the clothing is showing just fine.

I can tell that it is the body section from the worn item and not the regular clothless body, since I've modified it a little to fix some clipping issues.

I've no clue what could be causing this.

Sorry for being such a handful :)

#1: It looks like a bone weighting issue. If you load the pants in Outfit Studio, select your object, and then click the Bones tab on the right, above the sliders, you should be able to scroll down a list of bones. When you click on a bone, it should color parts of the mesh blue to red depending on how strong it is. You'll probably see a blank spot on your troubled area when selecting something like the Thigh bones, that would prevent it from moving with the leg properly. You just have to fill it in with the Weight Painting Brush.

#2: What do you mean, "already wearing said piece"? You mean, you're wearing that item when you save, but when you load your save it's invisible? Does it get fixed when you un-equip and re-equip the item? Something like that would be some crazy skeleton issue, most likely. Or your HDT is freaking out.

If you mean the outfit doesn't show up in general, but the body underneath does, you most likely have a conflicting partition slot. Main body pieces are slot 32 in Skyrim by default. This setting can be found in the BSDismemberSkinInstance block under 'Partitions' at the bottom. Obviously, make sure you're looking at the outfit, or whatever isn't displaying. Your body underneath is probably set correctly, which is why it's displaying.

post-541074-0-13680600-1465099927_thumb.jpg

post-541074-0-45188100-1465100426_thumb.jpg

Sorry, I've forgot to add this bit of info to the description D:

Yes, my character is wearing the item and it works as expected until I leave and reload the save.

The item mesh is invisible while the body underneath is visible.

Re-equipping the item solves the problem.

This problem is also present with other clothing items I'm currently converting, although the mesh isn't invisible, but the texture seems to glitch.

Re-equipping fixes this, too, so I assume it's somewhat related.

Up till now this happens every time I load my save.

Problem #1 is solved.

Outfit Studio messed up while copying the bone weights and placed some painting on the wrong leg.

Once I removed the wrong painting spots it worked as expected :)

Edit:

I've updated most of my mods, including XPMSE, loaded my project, copied the bone weights from the reference again and build it via BodySlide but there's no change.

Is someone here farmiliar with this problem and can help me fix this?

I've honestly no clue what to do about it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to wrap my head around this still and have followed guide 1-3 to convert meshes for certain outfits. I have multiple characters in Skyrim and I have one of them with the Seraphim UNP body, but I can't get the outfit meshes to work with that body. As I said, I've followed the steps and spent a few hours in Bodyslide trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Which guide should I be following and should I instead load the Seraphim body as per step 1 or the default body in the default asset folder?

• 2 weeks later...

Since a while I've got a weird problem with the outfits I convert.

The attached file is one of the conversion I did.

When using it in one of my saves there're no problems at first, but when I leave the game and load my save at a later time the texture is black.

Only after forcing it to reload the texture (reequipping it for example) it goes back to normal.

Could someone have a look at the attached file?

Edit:

Forgot to mention the path for the file to overrite the vanilla outfit:

\meshes\armor\hide\f

CuirassHeavyConversion_UUNP.zip

So I have had a huge liking to the outfit/body called HDT CBBE bodyslide. Why you ask? It's because I have a CBBE body. Well also to note is in this setting are sliders that are 7base... it comes from the luxury collection of armors.

I try and use this outfit/body but no changes are made when prompted which body to apply to....when prompted I have tried cbbe body, cbbe hdt body but nothing changes.

The outfit/body I always used is cbbe bodY hdt. When changing the sliders in this outfit/body the changes are noticeable.

Is there an option to add these extra 7base type sliders to cbbe body HDT?

I am trying to convert a piece of clothing that was made for UNPB and had only high weight variant.

After many hours of trying to make a proper conversion and failing horribly, i decided to make it easier for me and decided to make the conversion for my custom body preset only (using UUNP special).

I tried to follow Guide #3, and everything looks ok in OS (both high and low variants show as expected, properly fitting the high/low body), but in the game everyone seems to be using only the high weight.

Doesn't the guide need updating for latest BS/OS maybe?

It is possible i misunderstood something in the guide, sometimes i tend to take things too literally which may lead me to a mistake when the wording is not descriptive enough, but the guide #3 seems simple and clear enough.

I am ...puzzled.

EDIT: nevermind, the fault was mine of course, i made a mistake setting the _1 nif as the armor addon's mesh in CK, but it must be set to the _0.

After spending 4 hours trying to get this to actually convert (have not touched the pants yet)... Lets just say I suck at this and there were lots of other problems I had trying to figure it out. 

Anyways, I finally get it to build in bodyslide and actually show up in nifskope (though it gives some MD5 Hash error like a lot of other meshes)... but I wasn't paying attention to the actual texture. There now seems to be a few weird blocks that have shown up (in nifskope too), and there is a small sliver on the back, which are not present on the original mesh.

Picture of the errors circled in red:

howto_fix.png

From what I have found looking, it said to uncheck 'Smooth Seam Normals' but that has not worked. 

Does anyone know what I did wrong? or how to fix it?

Hi all, i'm new here...
Today i started a project to convert many of my outfits to CBBE-TBBP from UNPB... and due to problems in the load order used "order" option in ModOrganizer, whatever, now i have a bug in the skin of BodySlide that make my skin look ugly/dirty

dirty.png

How can i fix this?

I use "Fair Skin Complexion" and this bug only change the skin in OS, in skyrim all is ok.

Hi.

This great bodyslide and everything is a big help to all of us. I got it all working pretty good thanks to your tutorial. i think its very fast working for all the armors.

Also there is the big vertex order benefit over exportation of the nif from 3d program. It makes it easy and painless, letting the artist not be annoyed to have to adjust the small thing and redo the export. if we have a citrus body then we even have more possiblilities.

So I also made some sliders from obj import and exported the bds files.

When i put them into the xml so they show up I am able to make a preset using the new sliders. And building the body nifs, using it just as normal within outfit studio.

Problem is tho my new preset is not compatible with preexisting armor projects like ones i have downloaded. I guess im doing that part wrong. It seems ok in outfit studio but on the bodyslide part where you build the armors its not working for any items that include the body.

I am hoping that compatibility with making new morphs on the same body can become as quick and easy as all the other functions of the bodyslide tools.

I would be happy to share my morphs, I think others will enjoy creating and using new morphs.

Hi all, i'm new here...
Today i started a project to convert many of my outfits to CBBE-TBBP from UNPB... and due to problems in the load order used "order" option in ModOrganizer, whatever, now i have a bug in the skin of BodySlide that make my skin look ugly/dirty

*PICTURE*

How can i fix this?

I use "Fair Skin Complexion" and this bug only change the skin in OS, in skyrim all is ok.

It looks like a shrunken uv map but i havent seen that before.

The panty region looks different, are you using an underwear version?

Try replacing the nifs in Data\CalienteTools\BodySlide\ShapeData\ subfolders of the affected body, CBBEConvert or UNPConvert etc.

U get the replacement from the archive downloaded with the bodyslide 2

hello everyone ! in the pictures you can see my problem, i know bodyslide can fix this, could someone please explain what exactly i have to do? It seems to be a general issue, because it's the same with every trousers or stockings that i put together with clothes from another mod.
And i also have these weird shading textures (hope you can see that), this has to be a problem from wrong cbbe or xpms settings...
Thanks for help ! :)

post-987106-0-26404900-1469031156_thumb.jpg

post-987106-0-16439000-1469031182_thumb.jpg

post-987106-0-55663200-1469031208_thumb.jpg

post-987106-0-08219800-1469031222_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So I was planning on doing a conversion of one of the new black desert online conversions (the tamer armor) but when loaded into body slide it comes out flattened like this with "apply overall skin transform" unchecked. When it's checked it loads stretched to infinity and sideways.

post-542963-0-22215900-1469821925_thumb.png

It loads fine in the game and I didn't see anything wierd in nifskope so I'm at a bit of a loss. Any ideas?

Here's the file I'm working with pulled from the BSA.

cuirass_0.nif

hello everyone ! in the pictures you can see my problem, i know bodyslide can fix this, could someone please explain what exactly i have to do? It seems to be a general issue, because it's the same with every trousers or stockings that i put together with clothes from another mod.

And i also have these weird shading textures (hope you can see that), this has to be a problem from wrong cbbe or xpms settings...

Thanks for help ! :)

Are you using trousers and stockings that have been converted to bodyslide and built to fit the body you're using? If you are, my first guess without more information is that the conversion either wasn't done or wasn't used correctly. That being said, pants are easily the most difficult article of clothing to fit correctly as it's not attached to the main body piece but covers the legs which move around a lot. That means the bone weighting has to be done really well or the outfit has to be expanding to hide any deficiencies, all without having Zap sliders to help you out.

The weird shading textures could be about 10 million different things. It could be a lighting mod. It could be your ENB. You could need to tweak an .ini file. It could be a texture conflict. It could just be the fact that shadows in Skyrim suck in general.

So I was planning on doing a conversion of one of the new black desert online conversions (the tamer armor) but when loaded into body slide it comes out flattened like this with "apply overall skin transform" unchecked. When it's checked it loads stretched to infinity and sideways.

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

It loads fine in the game and I didn't see anything wierd in nifskope so I'm at a bit of a loss. Any ideas?

Here's the file I'm working with pulled from the BSA.

attachicon.gifcuirass_0.nif

Try this one.

cuirassNew_0.nif

Hi all, i'm new here...

dirty.png

How can i fix this?

I don't use Mod Organizer, so I can't give you a more detailed explanation. If you look at the texture paths of your reference, the texture by default is set to point at the vanilla skin texture (textures\actors\character\female\femalebody_1.dds). Unless you made changes to the mesh, in whatever circumstances OS is running, either your actual data folder or your MO profile, you don't seem to have the correct textures installed. At a glance, it kind of looks like the _sk texture for a UNP body; but not the ones from Fair Skin.

Hi.

This great bodyslide and everything is a big help to all of us. I got it all working pretty good thanks to your tutorial. i think its very fast working for all the armors.

Also there is the big vertex order benefit over exportation of the nif from 3d program. It makes it easy and painless, letting the artist not be annoyed to have to adjust the small thing and redo the export. if we have a citrus body then we even have more possiblilities.

So I also made some sliders from obj import and exported the bds files.

When i put them into the xml so they show up I am able to make a preset using the new sliders. And building the body nifs, using it just as normal within outfit studio.

Problem is tho my new preset is not compatible with preexisting armor projects like ones i have downloaded. I guess im doing that part wrong. It seems ok in outfit studio but on the bodyslide part where you build the armors its not working for any items that include the body.

I am hoping that compatibility with making new morphs on the same body can become as quick and easy as all the other functions of the bodyslide tools.

I would be happy to share my morphs, I think others will enjoy creating and using new morphs.

Hi all, i'm new here...

*PICTURE*

How can i fix this?

It looks like a shrunken uv map but i havent seen that before.

The panty region looks different, are you using an underwear version?

Try replacing the nifs in Data\CalienteTools\BodySlide\ShapeData\ subfolders of the affected body, CBBEConvert or UNPConvert etc.

U get the replacement from the archive downloaded with the bodyslide 2

The person who creates the bodyslide conversion sets up each slider individually. And not every slider is included on every conversion, either because of personal choice by the creator or because you don't need them (ie. you're not going to setup an 'arms' slider for you pants mesh).

The problem with creating new sliders is that Bodyslide won't magically figure out how to apply them to all the outfits. Someone would have to open each project individually, load the new reference with your custom sliders and create the data. It's not an impossible or even particularly difficult task to create a few extra sliders. But if you consider the number of conversions that would have to be updated, you end up asking a lot. I suspect that's the reason cell, Caliente, and the bodyslide team haven't updated any of the sliders themselves.

Happened to run into a bug or something in the Fallout 4's Outfit studio.

I'm trying to convert certain outfit from Skyrim to Fallout 4, using the newest version of Outfit Studio and this tutorial.

Everything works perfectly, the textures load up in Outfit Studio as they should and the game recognizes the new plugin I created for the mod.

But whenever I equip the converted outfit in Fallout 4, this happens in 3rd person view as if the game cannot find the mesh.

TtYyjUl.jpg

I double checked if I messed up the mesh file pathways in the plugin, but everything seemed to be in order. As hinted by community, I even tried to remove the texture folder from the Data files to see if the textures were somehow the cause of this problem (even though I knew they would cause such thing), but no difference there either; the problem persists.

I then tried to open the converted Fallout 4 CBBE nif with Nifskope, but it only gave me bunch of error messages:

4uOoFaa.png

Then I wondered if the original nif file was corrupted in the begin with and tried opening that one in the Nifskope, but everything seemed to be in check there too.

I started to pinpoint the problem and noticed that the nif file becomes corrupted right after I use the Outfit Studio's reference template "Skyrim CBBE to Fallout 4 CBBE".

Everything before that process opens up in Nifskope, while everything after that process gives bunch of error messages instead.

I tried to re-convert the whole outfit several times over, but only to end up with same results.

So now I'm out of options for what to do with it. I have zero experience in 3DsMax or Blender so I cannot use those either to convert the outfit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

edit. I'm aware that I'm asking help for Fallout 4 in Skyrim forum section, but Fallout 4's forums didn't have Bodyslide & Outfit Studio tutorial threads like this one. And for that I apologize.

Happened to run into a bug or something in the Fallout 4's Outfit studio.

I'm trying to convert certain outfit from Skyrim to Fallout 4, using the newest version of Outfit Studio and this tutorial.

Everything works perfectly, the textures load up in Outfit Studio as they should and the game recognizes the new plugin I created for the mod.

But whenever I equip the converted outfit in Fallout 4, this happens in 3rd person view as if the game cannot find the mesh.

TtYyjUl.jpg

I double checked if I messed up the mesh file pathways in the plugin, but everything seemed to be in order. As hinted by community, I even tried to remove the texture folder from the Data files to see if the textures were somehow the cause of this problem (even though I knew they would cause such thing), but no difference there either; the problem persists.

I then tried to open the converted Fallout 4 CBBE nif with Nifskope, but it only gave me bunch of error messages:

4uOoFaa.png

Then I wondered if the original nif file was corrupted in the begin with and tried opening that one in the Nifskope, but everything seemed to be in check there too.

I started to pinpoint the problem and noticed that the nif file becomes corrupted right after I use the Outfit Studio's reference template "Skyrim CBBE to Fallout 4 CBBE".

Everything before that process opens up in Nifskope, while everything after that process gives bunch of error messages instead.

I tried to re-convert the whole outfit several times over, but only to end up with same results.

So now I'm out of options for what to do with it. I have zero experience in 3DsMax or Blender so I cannot use those either to convert the outfit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

edit. I'm aware that I'm asking help for Fallout 4 in Skyrim forum section, but Fallout 4's forums didn't have Bodyslide & Outfit Studio tutorial threads like this one. And for that I apologize.

I just tried a quick conversion and I didn't have any problems. But, I only did a simple mesh to test. When you're exporting to .OBJ in Nifskope, you should select on the objects individually and export them one by one, and not the whole scene.

It's the second message, the generated warnings, that's probably causing it not to load. You'll have to click the "Show Details" button to get a better idea of what the problem is.

I just tried a quick conversion and I didn't have any problems. But, I only did a simple mesh to test. When you're exporting to .OBJ in Nifskope, you should select on the objects individually and export them one by one, and not the whole scene.

I did export the objects individually one by one and the put them back together later on with the Outfit Studio, as instructed in the tutorial I linked earlier.

Also, I've converted several other outfits from Skyrim to Fallout 4 using this same exact method, and none of them had this same problem.

It's the second message, the generated warnings, that's probably causing it not to load. You'll have to click the "Show Details" button to get a better idea of what the problem is.

I totally missed that while taking the screenshot, so I took a new one from it:

lkzwCpO.png

And since you can't see the full text on the first error message, here's what it says:

device position incorrect after block number 66 (NiTriShape) at 0xf3925 ended at 0xf3989 (expected 0xf3986)

device position incorrect after block number 73 (NiTriShape) at 0x1107b0 ended at 0x110814 (expected 0x110811)

device position incorrect after block number 80 (NiTriShape) at 0x186d8a ended at 0x186dee (expected 0x186deb)

device position incorrect after block number 87 (NiTriShape) at 0x1bed6b ended at 0x1bedcf (expected 0x1bedcc)

device position incorrect after block number 94 (NiTriShape) at 0x30efba ended at 0x30f01e (expected 0x30f01b)

And now that we're talking about error messages, I just remembered that when I started exporting the objects from the original .nif file in the beginning, Nifskope did give me a warning message.

So I took a screenshot from that too:

zWSd6lW.png

My guess is that the original nif file was corrupted from the beginning (even though it loads up just fine in Skyrim), which is why the Nifskope gives me these error messages later on and the outfit wont load up in Fallout 4.

Edit. Something's happening to the LL site (or are the moderators still trying to upgrade the site) , because the pictures keeps breaking up, so I had to re-link them for 2nd time already.

Hi, Thanks for reply Levionte.

It turns out i was just confused cause of some defect in the creation of bodyslide conversions I had downloaded.

I tried some other items and they were working with my new sliders.

I will just elaborate on sliders to be explicit. This is created with tools included from bodyslide studio. Originally similar tools were available for bodyslide 1 thanks to the stuffed bunny on here. It is where you sculpt and export the morph target as obj file from blender etc.. import the obj as data for a slider in studio. slider is exported as bds extension file and into shape data\unified unp folder and the entries for slider is added to xml files.

What you describe with the new sliders and making them compatible., it appears to be "magic" done during batch build operation in bodyslide.

User friendlyness is certainly the most important thing to aspire to but sometimes it is abstracting a procedure to make me confused about what is working.

Also, I want to look inside the tris but at the moment Animation Tools N2 from the Anton0028 is not compatible with the tri files generated from bodyslide.

Hmm, I just noticed something dramatic either from the Outfit Studio or Nifskope.

I've been converting stuff from Skyrim to Fallout 4 for some time now and they've been working out quite well in game.

But in the recent days I haven't been able to get anything to work and they all share the same exact problem in-game:

This is a picture that I linked in my earlier post, I know, but the problem is the same nevertheless

TtYyjUl.jpg

When I try to open those nifs in Outfit Studio, everything seems to work fine. But when I open them in Nifskope, they all give me the same error message:

WzgznNF.jpg

FYI, the couple working conversions that I've made earlier are now doing the same exact thing.

At first I thought that the in-game problem could be related to wrong data paths, but when I double checked them from both data files and plugins, they all were as they should be.

I know that Outfit Studio can break the nif files so that they can't be opened in Nifkope sometimes, but never to this extent that they can't even be used in the game.

Is there something wrong with the newest Outfit Studio or Nifkope, or could it be that the Fallout 4 game update we received earlier last week could have broken the game somehow?

Either way, now I have to convert everything all over again, because the nif files seem to be corrupted now, even the working ones that I've made and tested earlier.   :@