[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

With Mod Organizer, the textures aren't located in your real Skyrim directory. So when you're not running BodySlide through Mod Organizer, there's nothing redirecting BodySlide to use the (multiple) folders of Mod Organizer instead of the Skyrim Data directory.

You can edit the settings in BodySlide to point to a different game data path, but since Mod Organizer has MULTIPLE data paths (one for each) mod, this won't work. Unless you duplicate all textures of the armors you're working on into a temporary folder.

Hey, thanks for the reply!

To go along with what you said, I'm NOT running BodySlide through MO for the exact reasons you listed. I've got it in a different directory, along with all the mesh/tex/mat/tools folders for the armors I'm trying to work on merged within the same folder. So when I open up a project BodySlide sees all the .osp and .nif files just fine, but will NOT load textures (unless I do a manual "load outfit" which isn't great for editing existing projects).

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I've tried editing the .xml file to point to the BodySlide directory but that doesn't work, either...

Hey, thanks for the reply!

To go along with what you said, I'm NOT running BodySlide through MO for the exact reasons you listed. I've got it in a different directory, along with all the mesh/tex/mat/tools folders for the armors I'm trying to work on merged within the same folder. So when I open up a project BodySlide sees all the .osp and .nif files just fine, but will NOT load textures (unless I do a manual "load outfit" which isn't great for editing existing projects).

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I've tried editing the .xml file to point to the BodySlide directory but that doesn't work, either...

As I said, it can't load any textures because there's no MO involved, which would tell it where they are.

If you want to it find textures without MO, you have to manually copy/paste all the textures you need into a temporary folder, and choose that folder in the settings dialog of BodySlide (you don't have to edit the Config.xml manually).

As I said, it can't load any textures because there's no MO involved, which would tell it where they are.

If you want to it find textures without MO, you have to manually copy/paste all the textures you need into a temporary folder, and choose that folder in the settings dialog of BodySlide (you don't have to edit the Config.xml manually).

OMFG thank you - that absolutely did the trick, much obliged (figured I was doing something wrong!)

Hello,

i followed the guide to convert an outfit into whatever body i wanted, (CBBE HDT) but it seems to have not worked or i must of missed something. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Basically i wanted to convert some vibrator eggs from a mod pack of lingerie, called 'Fox Collection [39] Lingerie' for personal use in my playthrough.

This is the converted attempt:

post-1065237-0-57412700-1459261691_thumb.png

Then this is my body when i get into the game:

post-1065237-0-68999900-1459261860_thumb.png

Then once i equip the outfit:

post-1065237-0-62361600-1459261897_thumb.png

I'm not sure what i have done wrong, but would appreciate the help.

I will leave the fox file here for you to download and convert yourself then tell me what i did wrong. :) And improve my knowledge of the wizardry tool.

https://mega.nz/#!I4cRnJyC!glPBBN4hP8grM7jYpqx-MsTTbgTPRBfDrduQZjDKc_A

the eggs are called 'cuirass11'.

also to find the it has a screenshot of where they are but i couldn't find the safe inside the bunker so i used AdditemMenu.

Hello,

i followed the guide to convert an outfit into whatever body i wanted, (CBBE HDT) but it seems to have not worked or i must of missed something. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Basically i wanted to convert some vibrator eggs from a mod pack of lingerie, called 'Fox Collection [39] Lingerie' for personal use in my playthrough.

It looks like you didn't actually replace the meshes of the original outfit. What you are seeing is CBBE textures on a UNP body.

Hello,

It looks like you didn't actually replace the meshes of the original outfit. What you are seeing is CBBE textures on a UNP body.

Thanks for the reply. How do i go about replacing the meshes of the original outfit? Is it in the guide and maybe i missed it? Or is it an option that is not in the guide. Any links you could refer me too to give me a push in the right direction?

Thanks. :)

Thanks for the reply. How do i go about replacing the meshes of the original outfit? Is it in the guide and maybe i missed it? Or is it an option that is not in the guide. Any links you could refer me too to give me a push in the right direction?

Have you taken a look at these yet?

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?showtopic=3619305

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?showtopic=3619330

They're from the FO4 mod page of BodySlide, but they work 100% fine for Skyrim as well.

Have you taken a look at these yet?

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?showtopic=3619305

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?showtopic=3619330

They're from the FO4 mod page of BodySlide, but they work 100% fine for Skyrim as well.

Thank you very much for the help, i shall take a look at them.

Edit: Okay the 'using conversion references' link you gave me seemed to do the job perfectly. They are HDT and everything, but one small problem i now have is a small gap between my neck and my body going all the way around.

post-1065237-0-77025100-1459284200_thumb.png

ok, my issue with bodyslide crashing and ctd on outfits i have changed in outfit studio have continued.  but now i have found a couple things that are consistent, 1) OS crashes everytime on the third nif i open, everytime like clockwork.  and 2) say i use a conversion and bodyslide it to my body, then check in game and it works, but i want to change something on it like delete a part or move something slightly, which i have done a good number of times before,  after i do this it seems the outfit doesnt seem to read the tri file any more, and eventually ctd skyrim either on equip or soon after.   for instance, i took off something from a bodyslide outfit, saved on both meshes weights 0 copy over 0 etc.,, equipped in game and the race menu morphs for that char didnt show.  it looked just like the normal shape of 7b 100 weight, w/o showing any of the race menu morphs she has, and then it crashed in a few seconds.  so somewhere the tri files are not working after i change anything anymore i think.  idk, totally lost, i have tried newest BS and even a version or so older, still same thing.  any help is appreciated and i hope this makes sense becoz i been racking my brain trying to figure out even exactly whats been happening to anything i touch in BS&OS lately. thank you 

This might not be the place to ask, but I didn't get any response from the other catagories so I am just going to try anyway.  In Bodyslide for Fallout 4 there are quite a few sliders not available on the Bodyslide for Skyrim, mostly breast and nipple sliders, is there any way to convert them, or import them, into the Bodyslide for Skyrim?  Thank you in advance for any info into this.

Hello, I just wanted to thank everyone who's contributed to these tutorials, they've been very useful. I've converted a few outfits already using the method described in the third part of guide (although they're a little messy). However, I'm struggling to make things UUNP compatible when going through part one (replacing CBBE with UUNP where applicable). Everything appears to be working until I build the outfits and load up the game, where the results are much more generously proportioned than intended. I'm using the Leito body, so proportions shouldn't be that much different than vanilla (just smaller breasts). I went through the process several times with the same result; do I need to be doing something differently when working with UUNP?

I run BodySlide through MO. Been doing that for several versions now. And I don't seem to have any problems doing it. I've done simple armor building when the BodySlide files already existed, and I did a few UUNP conversions. Never had a problem.

I *think* I added it to executables directly though. Like go into the Data tab in the right pane, find the BodySlide executable, right click and add that way.

If I am building armors and I have activated the mod containing the textures in the LEFT pane....then I see textures in BodySlide.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody !

I have some issues for converting an outfit for male to female body.

I found this coat from Tera very badass, so I wanted to put it on a female character.

Thing is, when I edit the mesh in outfit studio, the arms are raised up in a "Jesus-like" pose...

I thought it wouldn't be a problem ingame, but actually, the arms remain this way :-/ :

As far as I searched, it seems like a skeleton problem, but I'm not sure at all.

Do you guys know how I cann fix that ?

This isnt my image or armor i am working on, its taken from the first page of the comments

post-19248-0-31899700-1389463992_thumb.j

but this is the exact problem i am having, and the person who posted it didnt post how they fixed it.

I converted all the other portions of my armor and they work perfectly, but when i equip the main chest piece, the body disappears. same for the hands disappears with gloves equipped and feet disappearing with the sandals equipped.

before you say "delete the base body," i cant because it says it is the reference or something (it is highlighted bright green).

Any help appreciated.

Can provide more information and/or screens if anyone is willing to help.

Most armor that shows skin comes with a body inside it, it may not be named "body" but usually there is one or some kind of mesh which is a body with parts cut off to prevent clipping. You must delete that or edit it to the shape you need. If you delete it, you must copy the body reference into the outfit otherwise you won't show any skin while wearing. Also you may find that rebuilding the skin partitions from the mesh drop down cures your problem.

Most armor that shows skin comes with a body inside it, it may not be named "body" but usually there is one or some kind of mesh which is a body with parts cut off to prevent clipping. You must delete that or edit it to the shape you need. If you delete it, you must copy the body reference into the outfit otherwise you won't show any skin while wearing. Also you may find that rebuilding the skin partitions from the mesh drop down cures your problem.

Okay, so my first problem is that i cannot delete the body (titled "uunp") from the armor.  there are three items, two are the armor and the third is the body and it is in green bold text and when i try to delete it, it says it cannot be deleted because it is a reference (or something like that).  EDIT: the exact phrase is "You can't delete the reference shape!"

Secondly, if I do somehow manage to delete the body, how do I "copy the body reference into the outfit"? I have not seen anything remotely resembling a body reference that I can copy and/or paste.  

All of the tutorials I have found are horribly outdated and for a much older version of outfit studio that does not resemble the current version. Does anyone know of tutorials for the current (or at least a much more recent) version?

EDIT again: i fixed it. had to select "export NIF with reference" rather than just "export NIF."  thanks for the help dTd.

Hi everybody !

I have some issues for converting an outfit for male to female body.

I found this coat from Tera very badass, so I wanted to put it on a female character.

Thing is, when I edit the mesh in outfit studio, the arms are raised up in a "Jesus-like" pose...

I thought it wouldn't be a problem ingame, but actually, the arms remain this way :-/ :

As far as I searched, it seems like a skeleton problem, but I'm not sure at all.

Do you guys know how I cann fix that ?

The simplest solution is to import the skyim skeleton into 3DS Max then load the outfit but uncheck the "load skeleton" box. It should realign the pose to the skeleton according to the bone weights and you can export it.

Body_0.nif

Also I found out that compared to other mods, this armor doesnt change when I switch the weight of my character in racemenu

So lets say I change from 0 to 100, usually the armor grows the same like the body but in that case the armor stays the same size

Maybe that helps in finding a solution ?

I'm trying to convert an outfit (boots, specifically) from two simple meshes (low and high weight) to work with Bodyslide.

I just ended up with two new meshes that's tailored perfectly for my personal body preset. However, I want it to work with all slider variations (Legs, CalfSmoth, SlimThighs, etc) of a specific body (CBBE HDT namely).

How do I create a CT77-style outfit generator? What I mean is there would be a single mesh file in ShapeData along with some .bsd files, you use Bodyslide2, alter the many sliders, and generate the high and low.

I know how to properly format the SliderSets.xml file, so that's not an issue.

What I don't know is how to create the single .nif file and the .bsd files in ShapeData. Should that .nif file be the same as the high weight version of the original outfit? How and with what do I create .bsd files?

I read the entire tutorial in the OP but I haven't found anything that talks about this.

Please help, thank :)