[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

What causes bodyslide to lock up and die when trying to zap something? I put a item in outfit studio paint the area that I want removed then select invert mesh make new zap slider and save the project. I then load it into body slide click the zap slider and watch it lock up and give you the middle finger before dying.

Also sometimes somethings when put into outfit studio become super tiny like 2 inches tall tiny which then needs to be resized rotated and whatever else but there is one thing I don't know what causes it but I want to know if there is a easy way to fix it. Sometimes when you put a item into outfit studio if become flatter then flat like this one.

post-25667-0-80647400-1455346681_thumb.jpg

Is it a problem in the mesh or maybe the tool used to convert/port it?

What causes bodyslide to lock up and die when trying to zap something? I put a item in outfit studio paint the area that I want removed then select invert mesh make new zap slider and save the project. I then load it into body slide click the zap slider and watch it lock up and give you the middle finger before dying.

Also sometimes somethings when put into outfit studio become super tiny like 2 inches tall tiny which then needs to be resized rotated and whatever else but there is one thing I don't know what causes it but I want to know if there is a easy way to fix it. Sometimes when you put a item into outfit studio if become flatter then flat like this one.

Is it a problem in the mesh or maybe the tool used to convert/port it?

Not sure about the zap, those crashes should more or less all be fixed. Would need the project that causes this.

The scale/flat thin is because the Blender and 3ds max plugins keep whatever transforms people do to their rig, bone transforms, shape transforms, and all that. That's horrible, because you should never touch the rig, bone transforms or even the shape transform when modelling for NIF unless it has a specific reason.

Outfit Studio loads/applies most of them, but not the bone transforms.

You can try disabling "File -> Apply Overall Skin Transform" before loading.

@cell

The ones that are causing the zap crashes are being caused by some fallout 3/NV meshes and sometimes specific ones. Not sure one skyrim meshes as I use outfit studio more for fallout meshes

This is the most recent one that I have had the zap crash with. The collar and buckle are also attached to the leg straps and leg buckles I can't move the ones without screwing up the other ones so what I was trying to do was make 2 copies of it zap the collar and neck buckle in the one copy and then in the other one zap the leg straps and leg buckles then add the two new versions back into the old one to replace the connected version with them. This is the latest one. 

I tried the above option with the item from the above screenshot from my last post it is at least recognizable flat but at least a person can see what it was suppose to be.

post-25667-0-67905200-1455380601_thumb.jpg

Thank you the help and info I'll test it with some other meshes I have had problems with and see if they work now.

@cell

The ones that are causing the zap crashes are being caused by some fallout 3/NV meshes and sometimes specific ones. Not sure one skyrim meshes as I use outfit studio more for fallout meshes

This is the most recent one that I have had the zap crash with. The collar and buckle are also attached to the leg straps and leg buckles I can't move the ones without screwing up the other ones so what I was trying to do was make 2 copies of it zap the collar and neck buckle in the one copy and then in the other one zap the leg straps and leg buckles then add the two new versions back into the old one to replace the connected version with them. This is the latest one. 

I tried the above option with the item from the above screenshot from my last post it is at least recognizable flat but at least a person can see what it was suppose to be.

Thank you the help and info I'll test it with some other meshes I have had problems with and see if they work now.

What happens if you triangulate all NiTriStrips meshes in NifSkope beforehand?

Right-click all of the NiTriStrips -> Mesh -> Triangulate.

As stated in the FAQ there are three ways to get rid off clipping caused by HDT:

1. inflating the mesh via brush
  2. hiding the clipping via zap sliders
  3. re-adjusting bone weights

I've been trying to do it with method #3, but in the end I always have to resort to #1 and #2, too, to completely get rid off the clipping.

Do you have any tips for adjusting bone weights?

As stated in the FAQ there are three ways to get rid off clipping caused by HDT:

1. inflating the mesh via brush
  2. hiding the clipping via zap sliders
  3. re-adjusting bone weights

I've been trying to do it with method #3, but in the end I always have to resort to #1 and #2, too, to completely get rid off the clipping.

Do you have any tips for adjusting bone weights?

I've struggled with some success with this right along. What I needed to realize was how things are weighted originally. I open the originals in OS and check every bone to see what gets weighted, where and how then I usually find that "copy bone weights" overdoes it and I have to remove "A LOT" of weighting from under arms, knees, inner thighs in general. Once that's done a bit of testing in game and more cleanup. It's a learning experience but a fun one :) Worst case scenario for some things which just can't be fixed is to reduce the body beneath that part of the clothes or armor piece.

I'm pretty new to this, so I will thank you in advance. I am trying to convert some outfits to the I Love Cleavage (I can't post links) body type (I downloaded the sliders from optionals) The problem is, I can't even get the original body (ILC body) right. If I use the sliders provided (which it says that they are the body sliders) I create a body but it doesn't resemble the one used in I love Cleavage. Can someone help me and tell me what causes this behavior?

A comparison between the original body from the mod and the body I created with the body sliders that the mod author provided (using BodySlid - latest version - with CBBE BODY HDT and 7lolono preset - the one provided by the mod author-):

imgur /a/YsbJ1

Even with the HDT slider presets from the author (4001loloHDT...), it's still the same problem. The body created looks really different.

Thanks again!

This is a bit of a peculiar problem I think, couldnt find any posts similar online.

When I download a armor mod(for any body shape, armor replacer or standalone) It doesnt show up in bodyslide. The armor appears in game, but I am unable to modify its proportions in bodyslide. This is only a recent problem, I used to be able to shape armors.

I think this is going to be a really simple solution probably, but I honestly can not figure this out sorry.

I am using bodyslide through Mod organiser as the executable. I think there is a way to use it as a standalone? If someone could explain how or even show me a link I would really appreciate it <3

Just now while testing my outfit conversion I noticed that the pregnany belly isn't showing when my character puts on the outfit while being pregnant via the mod BeingFemale.

On the other hand, when I move the pregnany belly slider in racemenu, I can clearly see the belly growing and shrinking.

Seems like BeingFemale isn't using the slider for its transformation...

What do I have to do to make both BeingFemale and the outfit compatible?

*edited to clarify the post*

Edit³:

For some reason I had the belly bone weights removed, so of course the outfit wouldn't show a pregnancy belly.

*doh*

Edit²:

I've got another rather annoying problem:

Whenever I save my project in OS it randomly switches between MO overwrite folder, MO mod folder and my steam skyrim installation...

If I don't manually check where it saves the changes I'd never know if it loads the correct file into BodySlide.

Can someone give me a hint what's going on here?

Hello, all.

I'm new to this outfit conversion.  Currently trying to convert SlingBikini armor to CBBE and having a really difficult time understanding the process.  In Fallout 4 case it was not too difficult, granted all I did was dl 2pac armor set and applied with my personal preset.  Since SlingBikini is an .esp stand-alone file and not vanilla outfit that may be the issue?  The tutorial is quite outdated since I'm using current version of bodyslider so some of the steps I had to "wing it" and had no idea if those were correct.  And what about the textures? Do I have to convert those as well?  Again, this may come across as remedial for most of you but any advise is highly appreciated.  Thank you all for your time.

Hello, all.

I'm new to this outfit conversion.  Currently trying to convert SlingBikini armor to CBBE and having a really difficult time understanding the process.  In Fallout 4 case it was not too difficult, granted all I did was dl 2pac armor set and applied with my personal preset.  Since SlingBikini is an .esp stand-alone file and not vanilla outfit that may be the issue?  The tutorial is quite outdated since I'm using current version of bodyslider so some of the steps I had to "wing it" and had no idea if those were correct.  And what about the textures? Do I have to convert those as well?  Again, this may come across as remedial for most of you but any advise is highly appreciated.  Thank you all for your time.

Hello.

Doing an actual conversion in Outfit Studio is quite a bit more advanced than applying a preset in Bodyslide. To your point, OS/BS only ever deals with the meshes (.NIF files). You generally won't need to do anything to the .ESP nor the textures.

It's been a long, long time since I've actually read the tutorial, but I'm pretty sure most of the steps are still accurate. The references are named a little differently, and the screenshots are a little outdated; but conceptually it's basically the same.

Basically: New Project, load CBBE body as a reference and pick your outfit. Fix clipping with the brushes, apply sliders. Go through the sliders fixing clipping with the brushes on each. Save.

If you have to change the body type of UNP or something, it'd be easier to load a conversion reference first and set the base shape. You can adjust bone weights, add zap sliders and other advanced stuff but that's the basics of it.

can someone explain how to transfer an XML preset from bodyslide/outfit studio into an in game preset? 

Select the body in the "Outfit/Body" list, then select the preset in the "Preset" list.

Click the "Build" button to transfer the nude body into the game, then click the "Batch Build" button and choose the outfits you want to transfer into the game with your preset.

If you mean transferring a BodySlide XML preset directly into your savegame for the RaceMenu Morphs plugin - that doesn't work.

You can only re-create the values manually in-game.

I found this nice little thing for exporting things from fallout 4 oblivion or just a .OBJ file. If you try to export the whole contents of a nif and then try to load it into outfit studio it will be a big pile a stretched mess some .OBJ's have this as well.

I found a way to fix that. Export the whole file from the nif take that .OBJ file and go to this site here. http://www.greentoken.de/onlineconv/?step=3&outfmt=obj 

Place your .OBJ file into the upload box then hit the arrow to upload it once it's uploaded hit next and on the next page select collada - .DAE and convert the .OBJ to DAE once it's done take that file and throw it right back in again and convert it right back to .OBJ. Now you can load the new OBJ into outfit studio without it bowing up into a pile of stretched mess. Also works with other .OBJ files as well. Thought I would pass this info along if no one knew about it or new of a easy way to do it.

I found this nice little thing for exporting things from fallout 4 oblivion or just a .OBJ file. If you try to export the whole contents of a nif and then try to load it into outfit studio it will be a big pile a stretched mess some .OBJ's have this as well.

I found a way to fix that. Export the whole file from the nif take that .OBJ file and go to this site here. http://www.greentoken.de/onlineconv/?step=3&outfmt=obj 

Place your .OBJ file into the upload box then hit the arrow to upload it once it's uploaded hit next and on the next page select collada - .DAE and convert the .OBJ to DAE once it's done take that file and throw it right back in again and convert it right back to .OBJ. Now you can load the new OBJ into outfit studio without it bowing up into a pile of stretched mess. Also works with other .OBJ files as well. Thought I would pass this info along if no one knew about it or new of a easy way to do it.

Are you sure this isn't fixed in the latest Outfit Studio?

Have a few questions. 

1.) What causes fatal exception has occurred, program will terminate when loading a .OBJ file? I see this a lot and it is annoying as hell when you get all of a set into outfit studio and then have one that causes this error.

2.) What causes outfit studio to go white and lock up when trying to load a .OBJ. I have seen this one some as well.

3.) What causes outfit studio to crash when trying to save/export a item that you loaded into outfit studio. This is annoying as hell as you get it into outfit studio fine with no warnings or errors and do a bunch of work to get the outfit where you want it at and go to save and lose it all.

4.) What causes mesh to look like it was sneezed out when a .OBJ file has been loaded into outfit studio? I have seen this one as well some. You load a .OBJ and a bunch of it's is a stretched mess.

5.) What causes a item not to appear after being ported out of outfit studio. I have had a  few items where they went in fine no problems then exported them and loaded them into nifskope where they threw up a bunch of errors. I loaded them back into outfit studio and the one is junk as there is not much that can be done when half the top of the outfit is gone/removed and the other was missing 2 small items not as noticeable so that should be alright.

I also saw this if you are loading multiple .OBJ's and items inside those nifs have the same name it'll cause the items to be listed but invisible on scene and are stuck there even after deleting it out. You also can't save as it'll cause it to crash. Renaming items from each .OBJ as they are loaded prevents this from happening.

I'm using the newest bodyslide/outfit studio.

Have a few questions. 

1.) What causes fatal exception has occurred, program will terminate when loading a .OBJ file? I see this a lot and it is annoying as hell when you get all of a set into outfit studio and then have one that causes this error.

2.) What causes outfit studio to go white and lock up when trying to load a .OBJ. I have seen this one some as well.

3.) What causes outfit studio to crash when trying to save/export a item that you loaded into outfit studio. This is annoying as hell as you get it into outfit studio fine with no warnings or errors and do a bunch of work to get the outfit where you want it at and go to save and lose it all.

4.) What causes mesh to look like it was sneezed out when a .OBJ file has been loaded into outfit studio? I have seen this one as well some. You load a .OBJ and a bunch of it's is a stretched mess.

5.) What causes a item not to appear after being ported out of outfit studio. I have had a  few items where they went in fine no problems then exported them and loaded them into nifskope where they threw up a bunch of errors. I loaded them back into outfit studio and the one is junk as there is not much that can be done when half the top of the outfit is gone/removed and the other was missing 2 small items not as noticeable so that should be alright.

6.) I also saw this if you are loading multiple .OBJ's and items inside those nifs have the same name it'll cause the items to be listed but invisible on scene and are stuck there even after deleting it out. You also can't save as it'll cause it to crash. Renaming items from each .OBJ as they are loaded prevents this from happening.

I'm using the newest bodyslide/outfit studio.

I've fixed a lot of those kinda bugs already, so I don't know why you're still getting them a lot. :/

1.) 2.) 4.) Did you try triangulating the mesh before exporting it as OBJ?

3.) 5.) Those can be a lot of things. I'd need the OBJ/NIF files of that.

6.) Yeah, the dialog where you can name your shape doesn't check if a shape with such name exists already yet.

You should always export your OBJ files with all objects having a different name anyway.

If you're using Mod Organizer, did you update the shortcut to point to the new version of BodySlide in the tools list?

I'm not saying you've forgotten about that, but a few people in the past have, so I'm just mentioning it. :)

@cell

There are no nif/meshes these are ones that are already in .OBJ format some are free resources others are DAZ/poser items so can't triangulate the mesh can't rename them as they are already in the .OBJ's this way.

Would I have to try to get them into bender and export them back out to see if that fixes them?

Don't use MO I use NMM but bodyslide/outfit studio has never been installed as I just run it from the folder in my skyrim directory.