6 hours ago, SuckItAndSTFU said:

I just got back into playing/Modding Skyrim SE. I am trying to install some mods and one of them says it requires Devious Equipment. (Naked Defeated SE). I am trying to install the mods an get it running. I am not sure I am installing the latest versions of DD.

In the past I had no problem getting Devious Equimpemt, Assests, Expansion, and Intergration installed and running but that was on LE version. Can some one help me find the files I need to work correctly with the latest  version of SE.

Also I can not seem to find the tutorial I used to make it work with Bodyslide, I am sure I am going to run into the invisible equipment problem once I get DD installed.

Thanks in advance. 

So, there is Devious Devices (this mod) that contains DDa (assets), DDi (integration), DDx (expansion), and DDc (contraptions) all in one installer. You can download this from the download page linked on the first post of this thread.

There is also a Devious Devices Equip, which is what I think you mean.  That is a separate mod. Both SE and LE downloads are on the same page, make sure you grab the right ones, and read the description for DDe's requirements. If you need more help with DDe, you should ask on that thread.

There should be no issues with running them together, unless you're using NMM. NMM seems to think they are the same mods and they are not. If you are using NMM, you must click the No/Continue the install anyway option (I don't know the exact wording, just that there's an option to continue without updating the other mod). You don't want the update option. Or use MO2 or Vortex.

I've got a few basic bodyslide steps on the troubleshooting post that should be enough to get you going. Otherwise, google for videos for your mod manager and bodyslide.

Make sure you read through the 5.1 section if you are running into issues.

14 hours ago, zarantha said:

I'd expect the CTD fix for gamepad should be fine. I'm talking about patches specifically for DD, or patches for other mods because of DD. Things that might overwrite DD's scripts with older versions of the DD scripts.

Otherwise, looking for random incompatible mods is difficult. It's either cut your mod list in half and see which half has the issue, and continue cutting that in half until you find the mod, or strip it all out, start a new game, console in (or use additem menu mod) the device you're having a problem with removing and start adding mods one at a time until you fine the one breaking device locks.

It was the CTD fix for gamepad, anyway thanks for the help and the fast responses, I suppose they add that fix on the 5.1 and somehow the fix it was conflictin with it

so now the whip and chain inn wont load any of the furniture on the walls it just has the girls standing there. do I need a memory patch or something I remember enb boost from oldrim is there something like this for skyrim se? or is this another problem? 

I have waited for 10 minutes for this stuff to load I know sometimes it takes a while but this seams broken. 

ScreenShot9.png

ScreenShot10.png

8 hours ago, Jack005 said:

It was the CTD fix for gamepad, anyway thanks for the help and the fast responses, I suppose they add that fix on the 5.1 and somehow the fix it was conflictin with it

Oh, now I remember. Yes that would fall under "old DD patches" that I said needed to be removed. Since the patches replace entire scripts, they need to be kept up to date with the mod. When an old patch replaces a script that was updated, functions that the other newer scripts are looking for are gone, so things like the locks break. That one was added in so is no longer needed. The only time keeping old script patches safe is if the script wasn't updated between versions, but it's better to assume that it won't work than to keep old script fixes around.

I  thought you were talking about a nexus mod that fixed things for gamepads, sorry for the confusion.

5 hours ago, natybs said:

so now the whip and chain inn wont load any of the furniture on the walls it just has the girls standing there. do I need a memory patch or something I remember enb boost from oldrim is there something like this for skyrim se? or is this another problem? 

You can try saving and reloading, it might help.

Make sure you have SSE Engine fixes installed and working.

Something that I've seen mentioned elsewhere is to increase your page file size in windows on the disk where Skyrim is installed from system managed to 20gb.

Please do let me know if this helps.

Here, I'll be lazy. This is from the Living Skyrim 3 and D&DDC mod lists discord:

Pagefile Settings
Bigger Skyrim modlists need a lot of memory, and when there is not enough available it may fail allocating more. To fix this, you'll want to have a bigger pagefile.
A pagefile is a file on your disk Windows will use when there is not enough RAM available.
Never disable the pagefile - this may lead to various issues on your system, such as this Skyrim crash.
If you've never touched the pagefile, try performing the following steps:
1. Press Windows + R on your keyboard and enter sysdm.cpl ,3
2. Under the Performance section, press 'Settings'
3. Go to the Advanced tab at the top, and at the Virtual memory section press 'Change...'
4. Disable 'Automatically manage paging file size for all drives'
5. If you have more than one drive, try enabling it for at least one more drive as a backup (make sure it has a decent bit of free space, like 15GB). Set the size to 'System managed size'.
Otherwise, set a custom size for the drive it's currently on and increase the maximum size to be at least 20GB.
1 hour ago, shar181 said:

I'm having an issue with the rope harnesses. Specifically, I can't seem to make body physics (3BA) work with them. I went into BodySlide and tried to rebuild them, but it didn't have any effect ingame. x.x It's frustrating, because I love how the rope bondage stuff looks!

Did you install the 3BA bodyslides?

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/11938-3ba-bodyslides-for-devious-devices-43-aio/

The new outfits in 5.x are not covered yet, this will be done for the upcoming DD 5.2 release. But for now, it should fix your issue as it covers the ropes.

Just now, zarantha said:

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/11938-3ba-bodyslides-for-devious-devices-43-aio/

The new outfits in 5.x are not covered yet, this will be done for the upcoming DD 5.2 release. But for now, it should fix your issue as it covers the ropes.

I think I have that installed already... when I do a batch build for them in DDX, I'm prompted to pick between 3BA and CBBE SE for a bunch of the items, rope harnesses among them. I double checked to make sure I had 3BA selected for as many as possible. I'll install (or reinstall) that and give it another try, though! ^-^

13 minutes ago, zarantha said:

I did already have it installed. I re-installed it, and rebuilt all of the AIO items in bodyslide following the directions on the mod page you linked. Unfortunately, it didn't work; the rope devices in-game still don't have physics. ><;

11 minutes ago, shar181 said:

I think I have that installed already... when I do a batch build for them in DDX, I'm prompted to pick between 3BA and CBBE SE for a bunch of the items, rope harnesses among them. I double checked to make sure I had 3BA selected for as many as possible. I'll install (or reinstall) that and give it another try, though! ^-^

If you do have it already, then try building just that outfit to be sure it's going to the right place and that you didn't accidentally pick the wrong version.

If the physics still aren't right there are three options.

1. Ask on that thread for help with the outfit.

2. Wait for DD 5.2 to come out and be converted. I am doing 3BA bodyslides this time.

3. Fix it yourself in Outfit Studio.

On 9/12/2021 at 7:10 PM, zarantha said:

Are you using 3BA? Change the slot 3BA uses in the MCM to the DD compatible option.

Tentacle armor should be using slot 32.

Yes, im totally using 3BA. uh, are you talking about the 3BA MCM or the DD MCM? Is it like a toggle that says DD compatible vag or something? Sorry for not understanding. Thank you for the help! ?

15 hours ago, zarantha said:

So, there is Devious Devices (this mod) that contains DDa (assets), DDi (integration), DDx (expansion), and DDc (contraptions) all in one installer. You can download this from the download page linked on the first post of this thread.

There is also a Devious Devices Equip, which is what I think you mean.  That is a separate mod. Both SE and LE downloads are on the same page, make sure you grab the right ones, and read the description for DDe's requirements. If you need more help with DDe, you should ask on that thread.

There should be no issues with running them together, unless you're using NMM. NMM seems to think they are the same mods and they are not. If you are using NMM, you must click the No/Continue the install anyway option (I don't know the exact wording, just that there's an option to continue without updating the other mod). You don't want the update option. Or use MO2 or Vortex.

I've got a few basic bodyslide steps on the troubleshooting post that should be enough to get you going. Otherwise, google for videos for your mod manager and bodyslide.

Make sure you read through the 5.1 section if you are running into issues.

Thanks brother that got me enough information to get started. (again). You were very helpful. 

6 hours ago, zarantha said:

You can try saving and reloading, it might help.

Make sure you have SSE Engine fixes installed and working.

Something that I've seen mentioned elsewhere is to increase your page file size in windows on the disk where Skyrim is installed from system managed to 20gb.

Please do let me know if this helps.

Here, I'll be lazy. This is from the Living Skyrim 3 and D&DDC mod lists discord:

Pagefile Settings
Bigger Skyrim modlists need a lot of memory, and when there is not enough available it may fail allocating more. To fix this, you'll want to have a bigger pagefile.
A pagefile is a file on your disk Windows will use when there is not enough RAM available.
Never disable the pagefile - this may lead to various issues on your system, such as this Skyrim crash.
If you've never touched the pagefile, try performing the following steps:
1. Press Windows + R on your keyboard and enter sysdm.cpl ,3
2. Under the Performance section, press 'Settings'
3. Go to the Advanced tab at the top, and at the Virtual memory section press 'Change...'
4. Disable 'Automatically manage paging file size for all drives'
5. If you have more than one drive, try enabling it for at least one more drive as a backup (make sure it has a decent bit of free space, like 15GB). Set the size to 'System managed size'.
Otherwise, set a custom size for the drive it's currently on and increase the maximum size to be at least 20GB.

thank you for the advice unfortunately this did not fix the problem/. I did load an earlier save and everything is working there so...idk what the problem is. in the save with the problems I finished the Chloe quest could that have caused problems? and the quest after that I'm on the one where the dollmaker wants you to go get "rope bondage" experience for her. 

could I just have too many restraints already? I stashed them at Breeze home so I'm not sure what is causing this problem.

reloading a save I made just before going inside the whip and chain inn at the start if the game has everything inside working correctly, as well as saves I made while inside the inn. here\s the thing, I put some restraint of the "free" prostitute girls. on ALL the saves where these girls have the restraint, if I leave the inn and reenter, everything is broken. if I do the save with no restraints on the prostitute girls, it all works fine if I leave and reenter.... could this eb the problem? 

I feel like those prostitute girls broke it somehow, since I waited over 7 days in Whiterun and that should have reset the cell at Riverwood? to be sure I also waited 7 days at the gates of solitude so the inn cell should have reset but those prostitutes are still bound in their yokes. Mabey his caused the problem> can I reset the girls ai or something would that fix this?

Edited by natybs
3 hours ago, natybs said:

thank you for the advice unfortunately this did not fix the problem/. I did load an earlier save and everything is working there so...idk what the problem is. in the save with the problems I finished the Chloe quest could that have caused problems? and the quest after that I'm on the one where the dollmaker wants you to go get "rope bondage" experience for her. 

could I just have too many restraints already? I stashed them at Breeze home so I'm not sure what is causing this problem.

reloading a save I made just before going inside the whip and chain inn at the start if the game has everything inside working correctly, as well as saves I made while inside the inn. here\s the thing, I put some restraint of the "free" prostitute girls. on ALL the saves where these girls have the restraint, if I leave the inn and reenter, everything is broken. if I do the save with no restraints on the prostitute girls, it all works fine if I leave and reenter.... could this eb the problem? 

I feel like those prostitute girls broke it somehow, since I waited over 7 days in Whiterun and that should have reset the cell at Riverwood? to be sure I also waited 7 days at the gates of solitude so the inn cell should have reset but those prostitutes are still bound in their yokes. Mabey his caused the problem> can I reset the girls ai or something would that fix this?

Chloe's quest has nothing to do with the inn. The inn is part of the bondage in skyrim quest arch, but chloe is done well before you are required to visit there.

Could you upload a papyrus log where things are broken in the wac inn after adding restraints to the npcs?

What happens if you enter the (broken) inn and remove the restraints from the girls, then leave and reenter? resetai should work if you can't remove the items through dialog or pickpocketing them. You can also try disable/enable them, or recycleactor.

As I said before, I don't know that the wac inn resets, it may not.

42 minutes ago, zarantha said:

Chloe's quest has nothing to do with the inn. The inn is part of the bondage in skyrim quest arch, but chloe is done well before you are required to visit there.

Could you upload a papyrus log where things are broken in the wac inn after adding restraints to the npcs?

What happens if you enter the (broken) inn and remove the restraints from the girls, then leave and reenter? resetai should work if you can't remove the items through dialog or pickpocketing them. You can also try disable/enable them, or recycleactor.

As I said before, I don't know that the wac inn resets, it may not.

how do i do the papyrus thing? i tryed it for fallout 4 once and it didn't work. 

on the earlier save i went in and after it was while it was just the 3 girls from "struggle queen" who broke.  they never did the armbinder animation just stood with handless arms at there sides and the game never finished. it seams like a memory problem. i can do papyrus but idk how :(

not sure what else to try at this point. 

also i noticed the girls on the furniture would take a while to load in, as i got more and more far and higher level, they would load in a LOT slower. like a full minute for the furniture to appear. 

i heard fi a mod called j containers that can help with memory i can try that too. 

also i reverted to a save before i put the restraints on the prostitute girls and its still happening. seams to be i go in, its fine, if i leave and come back after a while, its not fine. 

Edited by natybs
1 hour ago, natybs said:

how do i do the papyrus thing? i tryed it for fallout 4 once and it didn't work. 

on the earlier save i went in and after it was while it was just the 3 girls from "struggle queen" who broke.  they never did the armbinder animation just stood with handless arms at there sides and the game never finished. it seams like a memory problem. i can do papyrus but idk how :(

not sure what else to try at this point. 

also i noticed the girls on the furniture would take a while to load in, as i got more and more far and higher level, they would load in a LOT slower. like a full minute for the furniture to appear. 

i heard fi a mod called j containers that can help with memory i can try that too. 

also i reverted to a save before i put the restraints on the prostitute girls and its still happening. seams to be i go in, its fine, if i leave and come back after a while, its not fine. 

Replace skyrim with skyrim se in the article. If you use bethini, it's just a couple of check boxes in there instead of manually editing the ini.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/articles/368

Jcontainers isn't a requirement, and wouldn't affect anything that wasn't made to use it. So unless you've got other mods that require it, i doubt it will help.

Did you try the page file thing? that is more likely to help your memory issues than jcontainers.

It could be you've just got too many script heavy mods for your rig. You'll probably need to remove some of the more script heavy mods until things are stable for you. Decreasing visual effects (get rid of 4k/8k textures and ENBs) and/or resolution can also help, as well as decreasing animation count. If you use bethini, you can decrease the quality to tune other settings. if you're detected as high, you can set it to medium and it will help some.

1 hour ago, zarantha said:

Replace skyrim with skyrim se in the article. If you use bethini, it's just a couple of check boxes in there instead of manually editing the ini.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/articles/368

Jcontainers isn't a requirement, and wouldn't affect anything that wasn't made to use it. So unless you've got other mods that require it, i doubt it will help.

Did you try the page file thing? that is more likely to help your memory issues than jcontainers.

It could be you've just got too many script heavy mods for your rig. You'll probably need to remove some of the more script heavy mods until things are stable for you. Decreasing visual effects (get rid of 4k/8k textures and ENBs) and/or resolution can also help, as well as decreasing animation count. If you use bethini, you can decrease the quality to tune other settings. if you're detected as high, you can set it to medium and it will help some.

yes i did the page file thing.  

i dont have many mods at all tis really just devious devices, cursed loot, the devious abndit captives and lauras bondage shot and all there requierments

a few things like sse engin fixes

for the pagefile this i put it on system managed size? is there a way to set it to custom size?

i mean everythign esle works in there now that i revert to earleir save accept the 3 armbinded girl from struggle queen. they wont do the armbinder animations. im worried it will all break again tho.

also when i go to enable papyrus logs is wants me to put stuff in the skyrim.ini file....but there are TWO skyrim ini files one is a BASE file the other is a BAKED file. i have no idea what one to choose

so i changed both files the way papyrus told me to but the logs fold just isnt there. no logs found :(

Edited by natybs
21 minutes ago, natybs said:

for the pagefile this i put it on system managed size? is there a way to set it to custom size?

You set it to a custom size. Minimum recommended is 20gb, but some people had to do 30gb. You'll probably need to reboot after changing it.

So for me, I've got skyrim on E:, so mine looks like the this:

image.png.f9fea3abb05054b1cfdbabaf127d3693.png

26 minutes ago, natybs said:

i mean everythign esle works in there now that i revert to earleir save accept the 3 armbinded girl from struggle queen. they wont do the armbinder animations. im worried it will all break again tho.

If you wear an armbinder, do you get the armbinder animations? If so, it's probably not something to worry about too much. Sometimes other idle packages for NPCs override the DD ones, there's not much to do that will prevent it without potentially breaking the NPCs.

35 minutes ago, zarantha said:

You set it to a custom size. Minimum recommended is 20gb, but some people had to do 30gb. You'll probably need to reboot after changing it.

So for me, I've got skyrim on E:, so mine looks like the this:

image.png.f9fea3abb05054b1cfdbabaf127d3693.png

If you wear an armbinder, do you get the armbinder animations? If so, it's probably not something to worry about too much. Sometimes other idle packages for NPCs override the DD ones, there's not much to do that will prevent it without potentially breaking the NPCs.

yes mine looks like that my skyrim se is on the d drive so that where i did it. 30g min 40g max i have about 50gb of free space on that drive so...

but the papyrus logs wont show up did i do it wrong? all ti said to do was change 3 values from 0 to 1 in the skyrim.ini files so.... 

and yes i get the animationg. the npc girls do the animation if i have them struggle for the mini game so its probobly working ok. just stillc ant figure otu why nothign will load on my further ahead savefile and why papyrus logs folder is missing in document/mygames/skyrim se

ok the logs folder showed up i guess it had to have computer restart lol. but i have logs. i will post them. the first log is the completely broken save where nothing load in wci. second save is the more recent one where it works accept for the idle armbinder animation. 

also if the girl gets free from the struggle queens and when armbinder is put back on she does the idle animation correctly. usually iots the idle animation that causes problem where they stand with handless arms and dont move around or squerm at all, but struggle animations seam to work. 

Papyrus.1.log Papyrus.0.log

Edited by natybs
1 hour ago, zarantha said:

Skyrim can't use RAM? Task manager shows that Skyrim SE use 4 gb RAM 51% free from 16 gB.

I have have system and game disk SSD, where is illegal put memory page files. Only one HDD what is HDD and not game HDD, have 3 gb free memory))

5 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

Skyrim can't use RAM? Task manager shows that Skyrim SE use 4 gb RAM 51% free from 16 gB.

I have have system and game disk SSD, where is illegal put memory page files. Only one HDD what is HDD and not game HDD, have 3 gb free memory))

how do you tell it to use more ram tho? i thought that was part of enboost? for old skyrim

Edited by natybs
14 minutes ago, natybs said:

i thought that was part of enboost? for old skyrim

I don't use ENB. Skyrim SE has 64 bit engine and no need tell to use memory because it use it in normal way.  You can add in skse.ini file memory usage line but for Skyrim SE it's not necessary. 

Also as i heard memory file pages in windows system is need only if you run out main RAM of computer and then instead of memory use file page memory. This memory is slow and to emulate 1 gb need use more HDD place, i don't know how but i assume it can be 1 to 4.

Edited by Elsidia
13 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

I don't use ENB. Skyrim SE has 64 bit engine and no need tell to use memory because it use it in normal way.  You can add in skse.ini file memory usage line but for Skyrim SE it's not necessary. 

Also as i heard memory file pages in windows system is need only if you run out main RAM of computer and then instead of memory use file page memory. This memory is slow and to emulate 1 gb need use more HDD place, i don't know how but i assume it can be 1 to 4.

well im not really sure how to read a papyrus log but the one i put up had tons of errors in it when i went into the whip and chain inn. a lot of them said something about zaz. could that be the furniture not loading in? i got zaz most recent ones but also got the recomended one shoudl i just have the most recent one?