22 hours ago, Herowynne said:

You can turn off the Device Hider in the MCM.

Go to MCM -> Devious Devices -> page Devices Underneath (1)

Then set Item Hider Slot = NONE (DISABLED)

Won't that stop my outfit being stripped when I'm in devices? I still want that to happen I just am not sure what to change the slots to or what the logic is behind the setting so I can pick my own? :)

3 minutes ago, Dont Tell My Parents said:

Won't that stop my outfit being stripped when I'm in devices? I still want that to happen I just am not sure what to change the slots to or what the logic is behind the setting so I can pick my own? :)

You can disable it for those slots only, but that means whatever is in those slots normally for DD will also show up when it's force equipped. DD uses a lot of the same slots that modular armors use, afaik, there's only like 2 or 3 slots not used by something in the base game or by DD. You aren't going to be able to get a modular armor working that doesn't use something somewhere in DD.

So later, if you don't want those DDs to show, you'll need to enable it again in device hider.

Is there a way to scale the size of the furniture devices, or to allow an adjustment of the relative position of the furniture and characters the way you can during animations?

For example, the stocks are bigger than my character.  I'd like to be  able to scale down the size of the stocks, or to adjust the position of my character upwards.   Similar issues arise for other devices and contraptions as well.

3 hours ago, Hugsaikki said:

is there any way to make Nemesis work with Devious Devices? I planned on doing a playthrough with SkySa and other combat animation overhauls, but they all require Nemesis to Work. Any help would be most appreciated ?

Aylis's "Skyrim SE for Beginners" guide has a section on using Nemesis alongside FNIS (scroll down to the "Nemesis and FNIS for creatures" spoiler); obviously replace the mods mentioned in step 6 with whatever Nemesis mods you're using.

I keep getting the error message "A Fatal Error has occured with your installation of Devious Devices. Incomplete uninstall attempt perhaps? Aborting update Chain", I am new to modding and especially adult moddin. Could someone please help me out and give me any possible solutions for this?

Hi I've been having this issue when I try to break free from any of the restrains items that it says "success you manage to slip out" and the restrains (armbinders, cuff, mitttens, corsets, whatever) dont unequip and keep as close as the begining, also I notice that the model for ebony armbinder dont show up even after I use bodyslide to  create them

18 hours ago, chaimhewast said:

Aylis's "Skyrim SE for Beginners" guide has a section on using Nemesis alongside FNIS (scroll down to the "Nemesis and FNIS for creatures" spoiler); obviously replace the mods mentioned in step 6 with whatever Nemesis mods you're using.

When I follow Ailys's guide all animations stop, and the characters in my game slide on the ground. I can't draw my weapon, nor attack or jump.

The only animations that seem to work are for a few creatures, all other actors/creatures just stand still and slide without T-posing.

I also tried doing the guide in reverse (updating Nemesis then FNIS), and the animations work. All except for the DD idle/walking/running and the SD+ crawl/kneel animations.

On 9/8/2021 at 5:34 PM, chaimhewast said:

Is there a way for me to do this with vortex? The issue I'm having is breast yokes and binders don't work in my game there's no animations I don't t pose or anything but the animations for it don't work

The_Elder_Scrolls_V_Skyrim_Special_Edition_Screenshot_2021.09.09_-_20.33.54.29.png

EDIT: ok I switched to mo2 and did what the guide said and I still have the same problem but damn mo2 loves to crash holy shit well not like I didn't already know that

Edited by Arastal
7 hours ago, Arastal said:

Is there a way for me to do this with vortex? The issue I'm having is breast yokes and binders don't work in my game there's no animations I don't t pose or anything but the animations for it don't work

The_Elder_Scrolls_V_Skyrim_Special_Edition_Screenshot_2021.09.09_-_20.33.54.29.png

EDIT: ok I switched to mo2 and did what the guide said and I still have the same problem but damn mo2 loves to crash holy shit well not like I didn't already know that

I can't speak to Vortex - once I learned about MO I switched and never looked back. Can't say it's ever crashed on me either.

5 hours ago, mikesolo1975 said:

someone tested DD 5.1 whith cbbe 3bbb body  ?

if yes how its works ?

thanks for any help and advice.

I use CBBE 3BBB with DD 5.1 SE.
And for me its perfectly fine, but that is mostly because i converted to 3BBB any outfits/items that i found not working with 3BBB body, or lacking in some way, or i temporarily replaced them with something else.
I usually send the files i make, and found acceptable enough, to @zarantha, so he can review them and add them to the "official?" DD BodySlide sets he is maintaining (huge thanks to him for doing this, it isn't a job i would want).
Unfortunately, it seems to me that i am the only one who is doing this (for CBBE 3BBB), and for various reasons i am not working as fast as i wish i would be.

I don't think any of the files i gave to Zarantha were published yet, and even that doesn't cover all the outfits/items that needs to be covered, so that is probably the reason why.
So, unless i am mistaken, currently available DD 5.1 packages do not include any CBBE 3BBB BodySlide projects, but we hope to change that in near future (how near, that depends on how much time we can spend working on it - it can be often a pretty long and tedious process to do it... what i call "correctly").

Edited by Roggvir
On 6/9/2020 at 4:57 AM, zarantha said:

Try with a limited load order - just the requirements and see if it still happens.

If you use no enchantment restriction, get rid of it, it breaks DD

I've just spent my whole afternoon trying to figure out which mod was breaking my game, I can attest that this is still an issue today

I have the "problem" that anytime I cast any kind of spell the 'plugs and/or piercing vibrate'  event plays, so I cannot use any magic since it instantly locks my character in place for 10-15 seconds to 'ride it out'.

I assume this is a devious device event. Can I somehow lower the probability of this event triggering?

This also made me realize that I actually do not know what any of the "event" on the MCM page of DD are. Is there a comprehensive overview somewhere?

On 9/8/2021 at 4:36 PM, Hugsaikki said:

is there any way to make Nemesis work with Devious Devices? I planned on doing a playthrough with SkySa and other combat animation overhauls, but they all require Nemesis to Work. Any help would be most appreciated ?

23 hours ago, Hugsaikki said:

When I follow Ailys's guide all animations stop, and the characters in my game slide on the ground. I can't draw my weapon, nor attack or jump.

The only animations that seem to work are for a few creatures, all other actors/creatures just stand still and slide without T-posing.

I also tried doing the guide in reverse (updating Nemesis then FNIS), and the animations work. All except for the DD idle/walking/running and the SD+ crawl/kneel animations.

16 hours ago, Arastal said:

Nemesis is known to cause issues with DD. You can try the steps in this post, but I don't recommend using nemesis and DD together and it is not supported.

3 hours ago, tekkkie said:

I have the "problem" that anytime I cast any kind of spell the 'plugs and/or piercing vibrate'  event plays, so I cannot use any magic since it instantly locks my character in place for 10-15 seconds to 'ride it out'.

I assume this is a devious device event. Can I somehow lower the probability of this event triggering?

This also made me realize that I actually do not know what any of the "event" on the MCM page of DD are. Is there a comprehensive overview somewhere?

Description of them? no.

There's some descriptions on the plugs, but that's about it.

Try removing the plugs or putting in less punishing ones for your playthrough.

You can turn off all of the plug events in DD (set them to 0) and see if you still have issues casting. If you don't, turn up the events one at a time - maybe setting them somewhere around 5% or 10% and see if you have issues. You probably also want to check the mana drain and periodic shocks as well.

Getting your arousal down should also help with how frequently events occur.

4 hours ago, Player80 said:

I've just spent my whole afternoon trying to figure out which mod was breaking my game, I can attest that this is still an issue today

What is breaking? I have no idea on why you're quoting me from 3 months ago.

If you have an issue with DD and it's requirements only on a NEW game (nothing to pretty the game or characters up, nothing to make it easy to setup, lal is the only exception), then collect and upload a papyrus log along with what is broken and your mod list.

Edited by zarantha
11 hours ago, mikesolo1975 said:

someone tested DD 5.1 whith cbbe 3bbb body  ?

if yes how its works ?

thanks for any help and advice.

As Roggvir said, it will work. For now, you must use the conversion for 3BBB linked in the troubleshooting post. It is not up to date and is missing new outfits added in 5.x (straitjacket variants), but works for the majority of the outfits.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/99700-devious-devices-se-50-2020-11-26/page/111/?tab=comments#comment-3077930

Whether or not the 3BBB variant is included in the next version depends on how much it will increase the file size. But I have let kimy know that I think 3BBB now meets her standards for including a new body, so we'll figure something out for it. It may mean us maintaining a separate download. I just won't know until after the new version comes out.

BHUNP will be if/as time allows, since it has a more updated download page already. I will probably continue to redirect BHUNP users to that mod as long as it's maintained.

On 9/8/2021 at 12:41 PM, Jenny_Summers said:

Is there a way to scale the size of the furniture devices, or to allow an adjustment of the relative position of the furniture and characters the way you can during animations?

For example, the stocks are bigger than my character.  I'd like to be  able to scale down the size of the stocks, or to adjust the position of my character upwards.   Similar issues arise for other devices and contraptions as well.

None that I know of.

On 9/9/2021 at 2:50 AM, layne1124 said:

I keep getting the error message "A Fatal Error has occured with your installation of Devious Devices. Incomplete uninstall attempt perhaps? Aborting update Chain", I am new to modding and especially adult moddin. Could someone please help me out and give me any possible solutions for this?

Make sure you don't have any patches from other mods overwriting DD.

On 9/9/2021 at 12:40 PM, Jack005 said:

Hi I've been having this issue when I try to break free from any of the restrains items that it says "success you manage to slip out" and the restrains (armbinders, cuff, mitttens, corsets, whatever) dont unequip and keep as close as the begining, also I notice that the model for ebony armbinder dont show up even after I use bodyslide to  create them

You've probably got no enchantment restriction installed. Remove it or configure it as mentioned in the troubleshooting post.

If you don't have that mod, check the troubleshooting post for other mods known to cause issues that you may be using.

6 hours ago, Roggvir said:

I don't think any of the files i gave to Zarantha were published yet, and even that doesn't cover all the outfits/items that needs to be covered, so that is probably the reason why.

I won't be publishing them separately until I find out what we're doing with the upcoming DD 5.2. By then, I hope we will have covered everything, if it doesn't then I may hold the conversion a bit until all of them have been converted to 3BBB. We'll see, but it definitely won't be before the DD 5.2 release.

1 hour ago, rhino_4 said:

Is there a way to modify the gag expressions settings? The default open mouth setting of big-ah:100/oh:70 makes my character look kind of like a fish. It's pretty funny looking so I'd like to change it so something more fitting.

Looks like it will be in the scripts, so no, not easily.