Hi, 

I have installed the latest Devious Device and everything worked like a charm except for the furniture animation. For some reason it is not moving at all, the character tied on furniture or being hogtied on the floor is stiff and doesn't move. No struggle animation or whatsoever. But when I used armbinder standing up and it will move when struggle. 

May I know what I did wrong and what can I do to fix it? 

On 4/30/2024 at 6:05 AM, kllfm said:

Hi, 

I have installed the latest Devious Device and everything worked like a charm except for the furniture animation. For some reason it is not moving at all, the character tied on furniture or being hogtied on the floor is stiff and doesn't move. No struggle animation or whatsoever. But when I used armbinder standing up and it will move when struggle. 

May I know what I did wrong and what can I do to fix it? 

Are you using fnis or something else?

On 4/28/2024 at 7:09 PM, zarantha said:

Game crashing, install consoleutils ng. consoleutils is outdated and causes the crash.

Bodyslide, remove your filters. The only way to have nothing show up if you have the groups is if you have another filter other than the group filter. 

thank you for the reply, the cosuleutils ng fixed the dd not showing up in bodyslide but the game still crashes. my crashlog says 

Unhandled exception "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" at 0x7FF7D6488CFF SkyrimSE.exe+0C28CFF

do you maybe know what that means?

Hello, big papyrus noob here. I would like to lock the PC in a furniture through at the end of a dialogue but I don't get how ObjectReferences work.

The function in the API is a as follows : Bool Function LockActor(Actor akActor, ObjectReference FurnitureDevice, Package OverridePose = None)

so in the papyrus fragment I do something that resembles this

Spoiler

Actor player = Game.GetPlayer()

clibs.LockActor(player, zadc_gallowspole_overhead)

The papyrus failed logs tells me that the second argument is wrong.

I've tried a bunch of combinations but no success.

The truth is I have no idea what is an ObjectReference. So how do I set up my function for it to work?

12 hours ago, MatterOfEgg said:

thank you for the reply, the cosuleutils ng fixed the dd not showing up in bodyslide but the game still crashes. my crashlog says 

Unhandled exception "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" at 0x7FF7D6488CFF SkyrimSE.exe+0C28CFF

do you maybe know what that means?

Not without the full crash log. attach it to a post.

6 hours ago, NTWY said:

Hello, big papyrus noob here. I would like to lock the PC in a furniture through at the end of a dialogue but I don't get how ObjectReferences work.

The function in the API is a as follows : Bool Function LockActor(Actor akActor, ObjectReference FurnitureDevice, Package OverridePose = None)

so in the papyrus fragment I do something that resembles this

Reveal hidden contents

Actor player = Game.GetPlayer()

clibs.LockActor(player, zadc_gallowspole_overhead)

The papyrus failed logs tells me that the second argument is wrong.

I've tried a bunch of combinations but no success.

The truth is I have no idea what is an ObjectReference. So how do I set up my function for it to work?

You'd probably want the DD Development thread. Or talk to the DD NG guys on their thread or on discord. DD NG is very active, DD Dev thread is not active.

15 hours ago, NTWY said:

First some theory.

In Skyrim (and Fallout) exist two types of items (in reality 3)

First it is form - it defines into editors as constan item and not change. Most items are form and can be used to spawn object references.

Reference is temporary or pernament copy of form and are use to store i ngame variables, what can be changed and all items in your inventory isn't form, but reference. Skyrim and most Fallout 4 with references work bad. In Skyrim is SKSE, what allows more easily work with that.

So example of theory. You have form Armor item. Says dcl_catsuit.

So when you do player.equipitem(dcl_catsuit) it checks if you don't have in inventory refernce and if not create new refernce (It's 100% copy of form) Only in reference can be changed variables and it that way it got difference between original form, what not change anything. Some original Skyrim functions can work with references like Additem. As for Equipitem always work with form and choose itself what reference equip to actor. It's very stupid in case for easy work with inventory.

And last fact in theory. Form in game is only one unique defined in Skyrim or mod.

As references of form can be many and temporary references of form can be deleted easy. Also in PC memory is always stored only permanent references. Temporally references is deleted from memory, when cell is unloaded and loaded again in memory, when cell got active status again.

Example. Player invnetory i think is always loaded in memory as player goes with it. As for references from NPC is only loaded in memory, only when NPC is in the same cell as player and unloaded, when NPC is in inactive cell. Exclusion is only permanent references - those is always loaded in memory even is cell is inactive.

Now your case. zadc_gallowspole_overhead is form, what defined in DCL. You need get object reference for that.

If you have constant device placed on world - this is object reference. To get this variable you need find world cell where this device is placed and found this item in list. This will be object reference of zadc_gallowspole_overhead. So most easy way is define in your virtual machine with your script variable and name it as you wish. Says Object1. Now you need add to this variable in CK or Xedit object from this placed device. So this variable will be current device object reference. Then you need define in your script object reference Object1.  So now you can use this variable in your script. If you want need use dynamic device created by script - then you need get reference from that. I don't know how, need made more research of scripts. You can address me in PM for detailed info. Good luck with scripts.

13 hours ago, Elsidia said:

First some theory.

In Skyrim (and Fallout) exist two types of items (in reality 3)

First it is form - it defines into editors as constan item and not change. Most items are form and can be used to spawn object references.

Reference is temporary or pernament copy of form and are use to store i ngame variables, what can be changed and all items in your inventory isn't form, but reference. Skyrim and most Fallout 4 with references work bad. In Skyrim is SKSE, what allows more easily work with that.

So example of theory. You have form Armor item. Says dcl_catsuit.

So when you do player.equipitem(dcl_catsuit) it checks if you don't have in inventory refernce and if not create new refernce (It's 100% copy of form) Only in reference can be changed variables and it that way it got difference between original form, what not change anything. Some original Skyrim functions can work with references like Additem. As for Equipitem always work with form and choose itself what reference equip to actor. It's very stupid in case for easy work with inventory.

And last fact in theory. Form in game is only one unique defined in Skyrim or mod.

As references of form can be many and temporary references of form can be deleted easy. Also in PC memory is always stored only permanent references. Temporally references is deleted from memory, when cell is unloaded and loaded again in memory, when cell got active status again.

Example. Player invnetory i think is always loaded in memory as player goes with it. As for references from NPC is only loaded in memory, only when NPC is in the same cell as player and unloaded, when NPC is in inactive cell. Exclusion is only permanent references - those is always loaded in memory even is cell is inactive.

Now your case. zadc_gallowspole_overhead is form, what defined in DCL. You need get object reference for that.

If you have constant device placed on world - this is object reference. To get this variable you need find world cell where this device is placed and found this item in list. This will be object reference of zadc_gallowspole_overhead. So most easy way is define in your virtual machine with your script variable and name it as you wish. Says Object1. Now you need add to this variable in CK or Xedit object from this placed device. So this variable will be current device object reference. Then you need define in your script object reference Object1.  So now you can use this variable in your script. If you want need use dynamic device created by script - then you need get reference from that. I don't know how, need made more research of scripts. You can address me in PM for detailed info. Good luck with scripts.

Thanks for the knowledge. I made it work, my problem was that I didn't know you had to define the reference as a property. slowly learning...

I did a read through of the main page so sorry if I missed this, but I'm not sure how the events are supposed to work, especially with the npcs. I only just realized that some events are applicable to the npcs when I randomly saw a notification for the nipple piercings like 200 hours into my save, but I've only ever seen that notification once.

Tried messing around with the event chances in the MCM to no avail, so im wondering what events are actually applicable to the npcs and whether theres a way to force the events so that I can test to see if they work

Hi there! I'm trying to get devious devices up and running, but I keep getting a message stating that it doesn't have the proper DLL! I don't know what I should do next, and I really want to use it! Does anyone know where the DLL remover is? I tried finding it, but I don't see it anywhere!

18 hours ago, whooptyscoop said:

I did a read through of the main page so sorry if I missed this, but I'm not sure how the events are supposed to work, especially with the npcs. I only just realized that some events are applicable to the npcs when I randomly saw a notification for the nipple piercings like 200 hours into my save, but I've only ever seen that notification once.

Tried messing around with the event chances in the MCM to no avail, so im wondering what events are actually applicable to the npcs and whether theres a way to force the events so that I can test to see if they work

You'd need something to distribute the devices to NPCs, but I believe most of the events only apply to your character. 

To test if the events work, you'd wear the devices yourself for a while. Make sure you don't get anything from the assets plugin, pull them from the expansion plugin for testing.

Also, a setting of 100% doesn't always mean it's going to go off, there are other factors such as arousal and other events that could trigger that need to be met too. if you're testing, set the arousal needed to zero, set the other events to 0 and only have the events set to 100% for the devices you're wearing.

And just as an FYI, this mod is a framework, it doesn't do anything on its own. To make use of it, you need another mod to provide the quests or distribute the devices.

50 minutes ago, MoroccoOnIce said:

Hi there! I'm trying to get devious devices up and running, but I keep getting a message stating that it doesn't have the proper DLL! I don't know what I should do next, and I really want to use it! Does anyone know where the DLL remover is? I tried finding it, but I don't see it anywhere!

There's no DLL remover. You can delete the DLL if you choose and the mod should function, just be slower. Or follow the recommendations here to get an updated DLL.

And as pianocat mentioned, make sure consoleutils is updated to the latest ng version or you'll have CTDs once you get the mod working.

On 5/2/2024 at 10:24 AM, zarantha said:

Are you using fnis or something else?

Thank you for your reply, I managed to fix this issue by using Devious Devices NG and changing to Nemesis+OAR. 

However, I am facing a new issue now, everything works well except for one particular item: "RopeArmBinder". So whenever this item is equipped, it is invisible. Everything is perfectly fine and visible except for this one armbinder. It is not an issue with the animation as I can see the arms are properly placed behind and the struggling animation works fine. 

I try rebuilding it in Bodyslider but to no avail. 

Do you have any suggestion for me?

12 hours ago, kllfm said:

Thank you for your reply, I managed to fix this issue by using Devious Devices NG and changing to Nemesis+OAR. 

However, I am facing a new issue now, everything works well except for one particular item: "RopeArmBinder". So whenever this item is equipped, it is invisible. Everything is perfectly fine and visible except for this one armbinder. It is not an issue with the animation as I can see the arms are properly placed behind and the struggling animation works fine. 

I try rebuilding it in Bodyslider but to no avail. 

Do you have any suggestion for me?

There's an armbinder fix in the troubleshooting post. install that, then run bodyslide, it fixes the bodyslide.

21 hours ago, Pianocat said:

You have to use ConsoleUtil NG : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/76649

And then use the archive you'll find here: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/99700-devious-devices-se/?do=findComment&comment=4308779

If you are using MO2 load it after Devious Devices, of course.

It works for me, at least...

Hi there, I got the blasted thing to work yesterday, but now I'm running into some new issues! When I found a leather hood, presumably from Deviously Cursed Loot, I put it on my male argonian character, and his neck was missing! I don't know what would happen with a ball gag, I didn't get that far! I'm nervous that the whole head dissapered when putting it on! I use vortex for everything, in case you're wondering!  

3 hours ago, MoroccoOnIce said:

Hi there, I got the blasted thing to work yesterday, but now I'm running into some new issues! When I found a leather hood, presumably from Deviously Cursed Loot, I put it on my male argonian character, and his neck was missing! I don't know what would happen with a ball gag, I didn't get that far! I'm nervous that the whole head dissapered when putting it on! I use vortex for everything, in case you're wondering!  

It's how the hoods work, they replace the head. the missing neck is a problem with the nif most likely. I remember fixing something similar for the human/elf races, but i don't think i checked the beasts or male outfits. it's just a visual glitch, nothing is broken in your game except that mesh. 

have you got both brrf and for him installed? are you using DD NG along with DCL? 

can you get me the exact inventory name of the hood you have with the problem? Or drop it on the ground, select it in the console, and screenshot all the info about it?

7 minutes ago, zarantha said:

It's how the hoods work, they replace the head. the missing neck is a problem with the nif most likely. I remember fixing something similar for the human/elf races, but i don't think i checked the beasts or male outfits. it's just a visual glitch, nothing is broken in your game except that mesh. 

have you got both brrf and for him installed? are you using DD NG along with DCL? 

can you get me the exact inventory name of the hood you have with the problem? Or drop it on the ground, select it in the console, and screenshot all the info about it?

Hello there! I think I messed up the name, it was a rubber hood, not a leather hood! also I just started a new game and after a while it just crashed to desktop! Also, a lot of weirdness with furniture dissapearing and chastities not showing my johnson when put on! I'm currently using the newer gentleman, not SOS!

12 hours ago, zarantha said:

There's an armbinder fix in the troubleshooting post. install that, then run bodyslide, it fixes the bodyslide.

Hi, I have downloadied the "DD bodyslide patch for DD 5.2" and I have installed the patch using MO2 and then re-run bodyslider. However, now that when I try to change outfit, the outfit will stay on for a very short while and then it will be unequipped, making me naked. And when I try to wear back the old outfit I was wearing, the same thing happen, it shows up equipped for a while but then soon I will be naked because the equipment is unequipped again. 

On 5/5/2024 at 7:25 PM, MoroccoOnIce said:

Hello there! I think I messed up the name, it was a rubber hood, not a leather hood! also I just started a new game and after a while it just crashed to desktop! Also, a lot of weirdness with furniture dissapearing and chastities not showing my johnson when put on! I'm currently using the newer gentleman, not SOS!

SOS or the new gentleman should not matter, unless the new gentleman is hiding the devices because they're slot 52. But try turning of DD's device hider first, if you still have a problem add the devices to TNG's exclude list or whatever it is called. 

If you are crashing, make sure you have consoleutils ng installed and not consoleutils. if you've got it installed, then attach a crash log to your post.

Furniture disappearing - are you looking in the whip and chain inn? It takes a while to load, and may not load completely for some lower end PCs. It's due to there being a ton of things in the cell. I don't think we've found a fix for it. You can try looking up Elsidia's posts on the subject on the DCL SE thread.

If you have DD NG, you'll probably want to move over to that thread, as it does change the way DD functions for many things. Also, if you grabbed the latest DD NG from discord, it's not compatible with BRRF and For Him at this time. That's still coming in a future update.

Also, just as an FYI, if you're dead set on playing a dude, you are going to run into problems with DCL's specific devices. That mod is female only, and no male patch.

The Rubber Hood is from DCL. There is no male model for it. You'd need to patch it in xedit for it to work for a male.

The AAs for the rubber hood are (depending on your variant): dcur_hoodOpenEyesAA and dcur_hoodAA.