3 hours ago, zarantha said:

right, i'm thinking the problem isn't the json, it's the option you can disable in the json. before the json, it couldn't be disabled, it was always active and thus, always incompatible.

We've seen the issue since that mod was first released.

Thanks for the clarification.  I was thinking the added disenchantment part of the mod caused the issue, which could be disabled thru the json.  Modding is like playing jenga only reverse from removing things; you add things till it breaks.

@TheOrdinator @InsanityFactor

Alright, I looked at my archived files, and every mesh in the Zaz folder has been using DCL paths for the textures for quite a while - I had back to 4.3 handy.

So this was probably exposed when kimy removed the DCL files from DD. Since I don't see equivalent textures in DD, here's the textures in the paths they are expecting.

For everyone else - These are not needed if you use Cursed Loot.

Devious Devices 5.x Textures for Non-DCL Users.7z

2 hours ago, zarantha said:

Alright, I looked at my archived files, and every mesh in the Zaz folder has been using DCL paths for the textures for quite a while - I had back to 4.3 handy.

So this was probably exposed when kimy removed the DCL files from DD. Since I don't see equivalent textures in DD, here's the textures in the paths they are expecting.

Devious Devices 5.x Textures for Non-DCL Users.7z 4.53 MB · 5 downloads

Thank you, I just tested it and they show up perfectly now. Thank you, and amazing work as always!

Are there patch notes somewhere that I missed?  I didn't see anywhere on the main page specifying a compression of the related items (assets/equip/integration/contraptions) in to one file.

Also, did this remove the DD Equip option from MCM?

5 hours ago, Evocati said:

Are there patch notes somewhere that I missed?  I didn't see anywhere on the main page specifying a compression of the related items (assets/equip/integration/contraptions) in to one file.

Changelog is on the LE page. The ESMs are not compressed into one file. All four ESMs are included in one package. They're still separate ESMs for backwards compatibility.

Not sure what you mean. DD Equip is a different mod.

6 hours ago, Evocati said:

I've been using the latest DD Equip (461 I think?) alongside the new DD and they work fine together. It's mandatory for using Prison Overhaul because that's what you need for implementing DD outfits and devices.

1 hour ago, TheOrdinator said:

I've been using the latest DD Equip (461 I think?) alongside the new DD and they work fine together. It's mandatory for using Prison Overhaul because that's what you need for implementing DD outfits and devices.

To clarify -- DD Equip is optional, not mandatory, for Prison Overhaul Patched (POP). You only need DD Equip in conjunction with POP if you want POP to add DD items to the player.

I normally run POP without DD Equip. I only use DD Equip with POP when I am testing new SE versions before I give them to @Inte

Hey, just wanted to report, regarding issues with Nemesis.

I don't know if it is the fact I reinstalled Nemesis, and grabbed the behavior templates from the test environment, or if DD 5.1 just handles animations differently from 4.x, but I am now running DD with Nemesis with no issues, where before I had armbinder animations switched with other animations, and other issues.

If anyone needs to know, Nemesis is nearly at the bottom of my load order. As I said, install the latest version, grab the behavior templates from the testing environment folder, and replace the templates in the main install with them. See if this plus DD 5.1 works. Cheers!

I had this problem for a while and Google didn't help too much this time. Whenever I equip boots/heels, a popup appears saying how I can't wear the item because I dont have NetImmerse Override. Apparently it's supposed to come with Racemenu for SE, but I can't find any trace of it. 

5 minutes ago, taedber said:

I had this problem for a while and Google didn't help too much this time. Whenever I equip boots/heels, a popup appears saying how I can't wear the item because I dont have NetImmerse Override. Apparently it's supposed to come with Racemenu for SE, but I can't find any trace of it. 

You're using an old version of DD or DCL before the script fixes were included, or you're using the LE versions of the old mods.

This is fixed in DD 5.1 and DCL 9.0 - Kimy has incorporated the script fixes so we don't need to convert the scripts to SE compatible checks anymore. The updates to the scripts check for Racemenu SE's skee.dll in addition to LE's nioverride.dll. Skee is the replacement for nioverride in SE.

Download and install Racemenu SE, DD SE 5.1 and optionally DCL SE 9.0 and you shouldn't see the nioverride warning.

20 hours ago, zarantha said:

Devious Devices 5.x Textures for Non-DCL Users.7z 4.53 MB · 16 downloads

Thanks! Works like a charm.

4 hours ago, Herowynne said:

To clarify -- DD Equip is optional, not mandatory, for Prison Overhaul Patched (POP). You only need DD Equip in conjunction with POP if you want POP to add DD items to the player.

I normally run POP without DD Equip. I only use DD Equip with POP when I am testing new SE versions before I give them to @Inte

Right, sorry, I mistyped that. I meant to say that DD Equip is mandatory for using Devious Devices in POP.

5 hours ago, zarantha said:

what templates are you talking about here?

So part of Nemesis's files include behavior templates. Basically, from my understanding, these tell Nemesis how it should generate behaviors for different animation types, etc. (I have zero technical understanding of behavior generation, so  you'll need to talk with ShikyoKira about what they actually do.)

The folder is your Nemesis directory > Nemesis_Engine > behavior templates.

On the main page of ShikyoKira's Github for Nemesis, they also have the core files. In these core files (not the archive you download containing the tool itself. These are basically files that include the developer's build of the engine) is a folder labeled test environment. Now, if I recall, the last time ShikyoKira updated this build was in May of 2020. Inside test environment, there is a folder called behavior templates, as well.

So, inside the archive, the directory will be Project-New-reign---Nemesis-Main-Master > test environment > behavior templates.

What I did on my side was take the files from this behavior templates folder, and replace the behavior templates in my main install of Nemesis.

Again, I don't know if it was this, or the reinstall, or because Kimy might have changed how DD5 handles its animations, but I tested the armbinder, I tested the hobble dress, I tested them both together, and where they originally gave me issues, they now work. Maybe it's just a perfect mix of conditions in my load order, but figure it's worth giving a shot if people are struggling to make them work.

Does anyone know what this means: "Libs is none in zadNPCQuestScript. Incomplete uninstall/upgrade attempt?"

I recently uninstalled every mod, and started over with just a few. I followed the instructions and installed all the requirements and plug-ins and ran GenerateFNISForUsers ovr and over, but Devious Devices doesn't work. A lot of devices show up in BodySlide, and the options appear in MCM, but I can't craft anything. Whenever I sleep, I get this cryptic message and then am told DD is not installed: "A fatal error has occurred . .  aborting update chain."

If in DD 4.3 was ghost (real) rendered devices into inventory, then in DD 5.0 is ghost inventory items. You see those into inventory as equipped, but can unequip without any menu. Also those items disappear if you try put into chests. if this is unlockable item, you can put it on you manually and then unlock. This made this inventory device from our world and later you can store into chest. If it's a quest item it's just disappear, because you can put it on, but can't take off.

From DCL 9.0: For collectioners. Beware! If you want store Queen Sarah chastity items into chest after quest is complete, first equip those on you and then unlock with key. Or those items disappear as they are equipped by script and are ghost items.

18 hours ago, bruceadam said:

Does any1 still has dll for 1.5.73? I kinda rolled everything back to my stable old Mo2 build. Sorry for my bad english not a native speaker :)

The old links should still be active. There's no changes, so you can use the old DLLs you have saved.

I even reposted it recently.

3 hours ago, zarantha said:

The old links should still be active. There's no changes, so you can use the old DLLs you have saved.

I even reposted it recently.

Its possible I might have missed some link but the once I found were dead :( .  And sorry I missed the sticky about not asking for older version files :sweat_smile:

25 minutes ago, bruceadam said:

Its possible I might have missed some link but the once I found were dead :( .  And sorry I missed the sticky about not asking for older version files :sweat_smile:

DLL applies to all versions, so i'm ok with that. I won't be providing the old mod though. :)

On 3/30/2021 at 3:29 PM, zarantha said:

You're using an old version of DD or DCL before the script fixes were included, or you're using the LE versions of the old mods.

This is fixed in DD 5.1 and DCL 9.0 - Kimy has incorporated the script fixes so we don't need to convert the scripts to SE compatible checks anymore. The updates to the scripts check for Racemenu SE's skee.dll in addition to LE's nioverride.dll. Skee is the replacement for nioverride in SE.

Download and install Racemenu SE, DD SE 5.1 and optionally DCL SE 9.0 and you shouldn't see the nioverride warning.

hi again, i tried using DD 5.1 but the popup still appeared. I havent been using cursed loot at all in the past, so I havent tried that yet, are the two mandatory to work?

10 hours ago, Elsidia said:

I can say only: something is wrong installed or some mod overwrite DD scripts or in MO2 manager you forgot activate a scripts folders.

I'm using Vortex. It reports no conflicts, except for Zaz, which loads before DD. I uninstalled DD, deleted it, and removed zadNPCQuestScript from the scripts folder, then re-installed. Plug-ins all good. All dependencies satisfied, according to Vortex.

GenerateFNISforUsers SE gave me: ">>Warning: AnimationList found in  "Animations\FNIS_PCEA2", but no corresponding Behavior file. Incomplete mod IGNORED.<<  I don't know what that means. I deleted FNIS_PCEA2 a long time ago because Vortex said it was completely overwritten by other mods. I also deleted the scripts from the scripts folder. There is no mention of it in the animationsdatasinglefile or the animationsetdatasinglefile, so I don't know where this is coming from. 

I also ran the USSEP Unwanted Effects Removerr.  No change upon reboot.

The scripts folder is full of DD scripts, but I have no idea how to activate them.