What are you doing right now in Skyrim (Screenshot required)

11 hours ago, woodsman30 said:

And then there is this at Helgan seems they turned up the war effort a notch

? A mod? Now, I am curious (again :classic_blush: ) which one?

And that helmet looks ... inappropriate?

7 hours ago, worik said:

? A mod? Now, I am curious (again :classic_blush: ) which one?

And that helmet looks ... inappropriate?

6 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

Guess it's Honeypopcorn Skyrim Overhaul.

And the popcorn was out ?

Yes it is Honeypopcorn yeah when I first seen it I was taken back a bit.... However surprised more stuff like this was not in game as there is many references to torture in the vanilla game.

I got a job to kill some bandits which I somehow took to be at the Abandon Cottage thing near the Western Watchtower. I'm in Whiterun, so why not? I get to the cottage and nothing. Check the journal and it's actually up near Roriksted that I need to be. Hmmn. This means either going the long route along the roads or cutting across the plain, both of which are dangerous - very dangerous for my solo level 8 PC.

I decide to make run across the plain and have a quick look around. I can see a CW battle; giant and mammoths vs giant spider and humanoids (possibly bandits); stormies fighting something and magic flying about in the distance. Gulp.

I manage to thread my way through all this and a couple of more as far as Greenspring Hollow. I stop for another look around and AARGH. I turn to find a fucking sabrecat in mid-air about 6 inches from my face. Scared the fucking shit out of me. First hit and I've got Witbane, third hit and I'm dead and asking myself why I didn't bring any backup from the umpteen followers who are in Whiterun.

Change of underwear while the game auto-reloads (luckily I've been hitting quicksave like it was going out of fashion). This time I avoid Greenspring and clamber across the rocky massif in the middle of the plain. From there I can see lots of fighting going on including those black, smokey skeletons who live near one of the altars. They are non-hostile so I cautiously head that way. Whatever they were fighting is dead and there are a couple of skellies still standing. About this time I recall that there is a follower at Gjukar's Monument so I decide to try for there.

Through the skellies and I run into a bunch of bandits including a level 40 bastard who has appeared in my last several games. I run back towards the skellies with him hot on my tail. The skellies step in and he goes through them like a hot knife through butter. Oo ek.

I spot a mammoth and head for it. I position the mammoth between me and the bandit and they set to. The smart money is on the bandit so I start pumping Healing Hands into it (money well spent there). Bingo! Bandit dies. No sign of the other bandits so I head for Gjulkar's again. And there she is, strolling around as calm as you like. "Come here, me proud beauty".

906022114_Leijona1.thumb.jpg.01317612d0a80c675840c46a88e965b7.jpg

I wonder how someone wearing so much can still manage to have their thre'penny bits exposed. I decide to worry about that later.

We set off and a different problem immediately appears.

1076265824_Leijona2.thumb.jpg.cbe1c108afb10e62ba19c36736897a54.jpg

The concept of social distancing is completely alien to her. That is the distance she followers. I've never seen a follower who keeps that close. I decide to worry about that once we get back to somewhere civilised.

We deal with a wolf and a werewolf, well it was a wolf and 2 werewolves but the level 8 werewolf kept killing me. On the 3rd or 4th reload the level 8 one didn't appear so we managed to survive.

Killed the bandits with only one reload due to me dying. By this time my nerves were shattered so we fast travelled back to sign off the bandit gig.

We are now back in Whiterun waiting for the bus to Solitude. Going to get the bard for Animal Mansion Plus. Hmmn? There again I need to get to Riften so a better idea might be - bus to Riften then bus from there to Solitude and fast travel to Animal Mansion or do some serious follower hiring in Solitude or Riften, Solitude and Dragon Bridge ? :classic_smile:?).

3 minutes ago, worik said:

but I can't get it to work for the PC

Does the PC auto relax in general? I know there is a mod for it so I would suspect that auto relaxing isn't something the PC does by default. I can't recall any of mine doing it.

Or do you mean if you click on the seat, for example, the PC doesn't sit?

15 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Or do you mean if you click on the seat, for example, the PC doesn't sit?

This ☝️

Primarily, I want to create a spot for the player to sit down in a bath. But once I have the idea, I could imagine a few more places to sit down and watch "things".

Similar to the randomly chosen barrel or logs in my example picturs with NPCs. ?

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

Would that be an idle animation issue rather than an issue with the furniture?

No. The idle is no problem. It's just as plain and simple as:

Chair -> activate -> sit

not-chair-but-just-a-planned-sitting-spot -> no in-game feedback to activate anything -> standing 

And it's just a problem for the PC. The NPCs have no issues to sit whereever I place the markers.

Edit: and my last 3 hours of trial-and-error and searching here and nexus tell me that I am not alone. But until now, I only found workarounds.

The most elegant solution was to clone a chair and swap the underlying model with another object. The avaiable vanilla invisible chairs seem to be a dead-end for eveybody and a waste of time.

EditEdit: Partially solved :classic_happy: