4 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

If EVB works better for some users, I have no qualm with it.

BT2 is rigged to have an animated penis. This allows for higher quality animations. So, if more people are using that, it encourages better animations to be made.

It's true that there are some differences in how the morphs are set up. And crossing those wires can mess things up. But, there are people working on those files. So, it should become easier to set up without issue in the near future.

AAFCP had some files that were already integrated with the mods they were "patching". AAFMR is basically just an updated version of it.

It's understandable that constant changes can be annoying for users to follow and keep up with. But, it's also a sign of an active community improving things. Keep in mind that if you reach a stable build, you don't have to upgrade to the latest versions of things until/unless the game updates or you see some new feature/mod you cant live without.

I do not mind necessary changes. I would prefer hearing about them from you. It seems like everyday, someone comes out with a patch or AAF setup and we have no idea whether it is legit, unofficial, or plain quackery. We try to help folks and what is working for us is no longer in vogue. Hard to get a handle on things when we are not given a heads up..

1 hour ago, maddadicusrex said:

I do not mind necessary changes. I would prefer hearing about them from you. It seems like everyday, someone comes out with a patch or AAF setup and we have no idea whether it is legit, unofficial, or plain quackery. We try to help folks and what is working for us is no longer in vogue. Hard to get a handle on things when we are not given a heads up..

So you don't won't to hear from any other of the AAF Team and their part of the work there because Dago has to manage it all? Can be done.

As for BT2: Works perfectly fine. Learn about how AAF works and then contact the correct people about the problems you're having in-game.
if you want to use a different body replacer then do that but don't expect support for it. We already have BT2 which is made for AAF and that can be customized.

1 hour ago, CGi said:

So you don't won't to hear from any other of the AAF Team and their part of the work there because Dago has to manage it all? Can be done.

As for BT2: Works perfectly fine. Learn about how AAF works and then contact the correct people about the problems you're having in-game.
if you want to use a different body replacer then do that but don't expect support for it. We already have BT2 which is made for AAF and that can be customized.

If you were using EVB, there was nothing wrong with the Compatibility Patch. It just needed the Fourplay bullshit taken out so people didn't keep accidentally using it. Other than that there was nothing wrong with it. That being said as long as theres still access to the EVB stuff, then that's good cause a lot people are having trouble with Bodytalk and don't want to use it. I'm not really speaking for myself, I hardly play anymore, but I help a lot of people that just cant figure out the other body.

3 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Keep in mind that if you reach a stable build, you don't have to upgrade to the latest versions of things until/unless the game updates or you see some new feature/mod you cant live without.

I constantly preach this to people like the bible, but they don't seem to listen. I haven't updated in ages and I'm not missing anything that a person with the latest versions has. If it aint broke don't fix it. Lol

3 hours ago, Kemosabe said:

I had F4SE already installed in the main game directory, sorry for not saying that before. As for the other revisions, I got the AAFMR and installed it successfully, and I made sure that the patches for Leito/Crazy loaded after the animations in the load order. After launching the game and coming out of character creation, unfortunately AAF still didn't have the output that states it's loading XMLs nor does the windows appear saying it's installed.

I'm stumped then as I can't reproduce this.

3 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

Aha. A fair point. There is a group of mod authors that discuss strategy, etc. before moving forward. But, it happens on discord. Maybe we have lost sight of the fact that unless you are on discord, nobody here would know who is working solo and who has coordinated their efforts with others.

I'm not sure how to get around that other than maybe for you to join discord. You can get a better sense of who is doing what/why there.

2 hours ago, walkin said:

If you were using EVB, there was nothing wrong with the Compatibility Patch. It just needed the Fourplay bullshit taken out so people didn't keep accidentally using it. Other than that there was nothing wrong with it. That being said as long as theres still access to the EVB stuff, then that's good cause a lot people are having trouble with Bodytalk and don't want to use it. I'm not really speaking for myself, I hardly play anymore, but I help a lot of people that just cant figure out the other body.

i kept EVB alive for that very reason because there were thoughts to remove it for good.
But to establish a standard we need something that uses said standard and that's BT2.
if more follow then that would actually make them an alternative but until then the maintenance of one body is enough so compatibility with good old EVB will break as AAF moves on.

1 hour ago, dagobaking said:

I'm stumped then as I can't reproduce this.

Aha. A fair point. There is a group of mod authors that discuss strategy, etc. before moving forward. But, it happens on discord. Maybe we have lost sight of the fact that unless you are on discord, nobody here would know who is working solo and who has coordinated their efforts with others.

I'm not sure how to get around that other than maybe for you to join discord. You can get a better sense of who is doing what/why there.

I'm going to try a complete re-install of the game to see if there's something caught somewhere, I'll see what happens after that.

1 hour ago, Kemosabe said:

I'm going to try a complete re-install of the game to see if there's something caught somewhere, I'll see what happens after that.

Make sure you are installing your F4SE correctly. I have saved a video of how to do it from somone who installs it a little different, but it has always seemed more stable for me.....How to Install F4SE for Fallout 4 (2018) - Script Extender v0.6.6 - YouTube. Folks do not realize that this is often the #1 reason for AAF failure..

1 hour ago, CGi said:

i kept EVB alive for that very reason because there were thoughts to remove it for good.
But to establish a standard we need something that uses said standard and that's BT2.
if more follow then that would actually make them an alternative but until then the maintenance of one body is enough so compatibility with good old EVB will break as AAF moves on.

Question, how tied to BT2 is the Fusion Girl mod, filewise? I only ask, because I was having regular deformed penis issues with BT and could not sort it. Even going back to EVB male did not fix it. So I stayed with BT hoping for a patch. Then a day or so ago, Fusion Girl got an update, and I have not had a bad penis since. Cannot explin it. But everything is working great (knock on my wooden head)!

Alright after a complete re-install of the game and making sure that no loose files were left over, I re-installed my mods as well. They seemed to install successfully I had no errors at least, I used the GFV Tool to check my install of AAF and it recognized AAF Beta 81 as being installed and up to date, and F4SE as being installed and up to date as well. So I booted up the game and after exiting character customization, there was still no output from AAF that it was loading any animation XMLs, nor did it pop a window up that it had installed successfully. I'm not sure what else to try for this, it really has me stumped.

1 hour ago, maddadicusrex said:

Question, how tied to BT2 is the Fusion Girl mod, filewise? I only ask, because I was having regular deformed penis issues with BT and could not sort it. Even going back to EVB male did not fix it. So I stayed with BT hoping for a patch. Then a day or so ago, Fusion Girl got an update, and I have not had a bad penis since. Cannot explin it. But everything is working great (knock on my wooden head)!

FG and BT2 share only one thing: The ZeX Skeleton. Not using ZeX results in colapsed body parts and other visual oddities.

1 hour ago, Kemosabe said:

Alright after a complete re-install of the game and making sure that no loose files were left over, I re-installed my mods as well. They seemed to install successfully I had no errors at least, I used the GFV Tool to check my install of AAF and it recognized AAF Beta 81 as being installed and up to date, and F4SE as being installed and up to date as well. So I booted up the game and after exiting character customization, there was still no output from AAF that it was loading any animation XMLs, nor did it pop a window up that it had installed successfully. I'm not sure what else to try for this, it really has me stumped.

Seems like it has to be something really unexpected at this point. Like a virus protection blocking file types or something.

8 hours ago, Kemosabe said:

Its not an absolute but I wouldn't even bother installing AAF or any mod from here (besides bodies maybe) until youre done with the opening shit. You may be giving up just a tad early. I can tell you from experience that I've loaded a new game with everything installed and it loaded before, but I've also loaded a new game with everything installed and it didn't recognize AAF till I got back out of the vault. Nothing loaded up after character creation but as soon as I was done with the whole opening stuff and came back to the surface again, AAF immediately starting loading. Also another time it didn't start until I walked back to Sanctuary, and as soon as it came up and said Sanctuary discovered, AAF started loading.

I'd recommend not installing it until you are able to use the workbench in Sanctuary and travel to Concord. Do all the bullshit with Codsworth first then install it, see what happens.

2 hours ago, walkin said:

Its not an absolute but I wouldn't even bother installing AAF or any mod from here (besides bodies maybe) until youre done with the opening shit. You may be giving up just a tad early. I can tell you from experience that I've loaded a new game with everything installed and it loaded before, but I've also loaded a new game with everything installed and it didn't recognize AAF till I got back out of the vault. Nothing loaded up after character creation but as soon as I was done with the whole opening stuff and came back to the surface again, AAF immediately starting loading. Also another time it didn't start until I walked back to Sanctuary, and as soon as it came up and said Sanctuary discovered, AAF started loading.

I'd recommend not installing it until you are able to use the workbench in Sanctuary and travel to Concord. Do all the bullshit with Codsworth first then install it, see what happens.

Sure, I'll give it a try

4 hours ago, Kemosabe said:

I waited until I was in Sanctuary and able to use the workbench to install it, but that did not work either unfortunately.

Well I'm stumped also. Theres no reason it shouldn't load up. The only thing I can think of beyond what you did is maybe the shortcut for F4SE is broke or something. Maybe try launching the game from the F4SE loader in your Fallout 4 folder instead of anywhere else. Stupid question but you are loading from the F4SE loader .exe correct?

23 minutes ago, walkin said:

Well I'm stumped also. Theres no reason it shouldn't load up. The only thing I can think of beyond what you did is maybe the shortcut for F4SE is broke or something. Maybe try launching the game from the F4SE loader in your Fallout 4 folder instead of anywhere else. Stupid question but you are loading from the F4SE loader .exe correct?

Yes, I run F4SE through MO2 and the pathing is to the f4se_loader.exe

1 minute ago, Kemosabe said:

Yes, I run F4SE through MO2 and the pathing is to the f4se_loader.exe

I figured so but don't know what else it could be. Lol. Did you try running it right from the source and not through MO. If you can of course, I'm not familiar with how MO works.

1 hour ago, walkin said:

I figured so but don't know what else it could be. Lol. Did you try running it right from the source and not through MO. If you can of course, I'm not familiar with how MO works.

I can, but if I run F4SE from the main directory, it won't load any mods that aren't manually installed in the game folder.

19 hours ago, Kemosabe said:

I can, but if I run F4SE from the main directory, it won't load any mods that aren't manually installed in the game folder.

Since this is with MO2, manual F4SE install?

Might need to alter the *.ini's in MO2 for modding.

Certainly have no issues with mine. :P

@dagobaking  I don't know if this has come up yet.  My memory finally kicked in.

While testing a different mod that uses AAF seetings.ini for most of it's settings (no MCM) I found out that AAF will search interior and exterior cells for furniture.

Details raiders pet, NPC James Wire, Libertalia, Rooftop, Bed in the Captain's quarters was chosen.  So walking to hatch, load screen, I stayed outside while "heavy petting" ensued on the inside cell.  AAF search distance was only 1200 so I searched the lower beds just in case.  AAF wizard showed that a bed was the furniture chosen.  

Possible solution is for there to be two aaf wizard search categories.  One for Actors and one for furniture.  I may want to choose from all NPC's in a 125 m ( 375 ft'sh)  radius, but only use furniture 3 meters away (9ft'sh)

I am including my current ODDBALL AAF setting.ini (use at you own risk, rename before opening just in case don't ask) I keep tweaking it so it's not exactly what I used during the test.
Lately I have been adjusting the walk time, and search area for other reasons, but all other settings are the same as the original instance noted above.  That is why I am including it.

AAF_settings.ini

3 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Since this is with MO2, manual F4SE install?

Might need to alter the *.ini's in MO2 for modding.

Certainly have no issues with mine. :P

I edited the inis during the setup while following a guide, so those are fine.