9 hours ago, dagobaking said:

The previous method (used when set to true) is to save data in text files.

The new method (false by default) saves the data in a variable on a script (ie it gets baked into your save game file).

I made the switch because I don't foresee the data getting too large for the save game file space and that is faster.

The change has not been tested every which way yet. So, there could be issues to fix there.

Can verify now that setting external_data_storage to True actually fixed my save issue as well.

Never had the issue with beta 23 before, so I can only assume there is something going wrong with the new "internal method".

Don't know how much I can help finding the root cause though.

21 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Can you please describe what your save problem looked like? Might help fix the default save method (if it needs to be fixed).

For me the problem began 4 days ago when I updated Stats and Leitos animations. Any save I made after running AAF, either with the wizard or through another mod, would crash the game when I tried to load it. I'm quite sure AFF was not running on any NPC when I would create the save. Crash looked similar to one you would get with missing mod dependencies, if that's any help. Anway changing use_external_data_storage setting from false to true fixed it. I've had no more save issues. 

3 hours ago, bc733 said:

For me the problem began 4 days ago when I updated Stats and Leitos animations. Any save I made after running AAF, either with the wizard or through another mod, would crash the game when I tried to load it. I'm quite sure AFF was not running on any NPC when I would create the save. Crash looked similar to one you would get with missing mod dependencies, if that's any help. Anway changing use_external_data_storage setting from false to true fixed it. I've had no more save issues. 

Ok. Something may have been broken in the actor reset code. I did a lot of work on that recently. But, the updates are in test builds only right now.

So, for this particular error, it will be best to just try again with the new build (which should be released soon).

14 minutes ago, Valdamos said:

Hi guys, can I get some help please?

I'm getting error 037, then 036 and 017.

I was playing FO some hours ago, then I had to update because I purchased Nuka World and now I'm having this error. The plugins are installed and checked

20181229183733_1.jpg

20181229183739_1.jpg

I'd say check your load order of the DLC first.  The esm is loaded. 

Fallout 4

Workshop01

Far Harbor (Coast)

Workshop02

Workshop03

Nukaworld.

1 hour ago, Valdamos said:

Hi guys, can I get some help please?

I'm getting error 037, then 036 and 017.

I was playing FO some hours ago, then I had to update because I purchased Nuka World and now I'm having this error. The plugins are installed and checked

20181229183733_1.jpg

20181229183739_1.jpg

Try changing DLCworkshop1.esp to DLCWorkshop1.esp in the furniture data file.

10 minutes ago, Canaris said:

FOUND THE SOLUTION FOR MY PROBLEM !!

If your Fallout 4 with AAF crashes on reloading saves/reloading after death - remove Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch by Arthmoor. Helped in my case. 

The solution that seems to work for myself and others is to change the use_external_data_storage setting from false to true in the AAF_settings XML. It was implemented in v37+.

Removing UF4P could cause many other issues.

2 hours ago, KyLeeKu said:

The solution that seems to work for myself and others is to change the use_external_data_storage setting from false to true in the AAF_settings XML. It was implemented in v37+.

Removing UF4P could cause many other issues.

I know it cant be done in already exsiting save. But i already deleted all of mine.

Plus UFO4P still apparently breaks Far Harbour so it has go. Especially seeing how small and unimportant are the changes done by that mod. 

EDIT : Fuck spoke too soon... It still crashes :/ It worked for a while and it started to crash again... 

New Build Publicly Available:

Spoiler

## [Beta 46] - 2018-12-29
### Changed
- AAF initialization to happen right after mirror scene (face modification) instead of before.
- tag XML type so that multiple entries for the same position ID merge all tags together and removes duplicates. (As a side effect, this makes using the "replace" attribute unreliable where multiple entries exist.)

### Removed
- initialization_delay setting. Not needed since initialization now starts after mirror scene.

### Fixed
- More duplicate listing issues with furniture.
- Case sensitivity for plugin detection to avoid errors when plugins are spelled differently.
- Hotkeys so that they are blocked when the console is open.
- Issue with characters not choosing furniture animations when available.

## [Beta 45] - 2018-12-27
### Added
- startOverlaySet option to position and animation nodes.
- startOverlaySet and stopOverlaySet support for animationMeta files.
- "Nate" and "Nora" to replace blank names during intro scene.
- Small fixes/UI improvements.

### Fixed
- Duplicate listings for some furniture positions.

## [Beta 44] - 2018-12-23
### Fixed
- Distances to actors all being 0.0 in the wizard.
- Equipment removed from player via equipment manager caused the item to disappear forever.
- Issue causing UI to stop working when no stats are installed.
- UI alignment adjustment for if/when there are no stats.
- Issue with tags not being sent out with position start/change/end events.

### Removed
- megaScene test files. This feature should still work. But, removed files used for testing it during dev.

## [Beta 43] - 2018-12-19
### Added
- Code cleanup/optimization.
- Improved fadeout timing. Game fadeout during actor locking better hides teleporting.
- UI overhaul (backdrops, new layout, color changing). Not complete, could be increased conflicts with other UI changes while working on this.
- hide_actor_state_icon setting for hiding the actor status indicator.

## [Beta 42] - 2018-12-13
### Changed
- OnAnimationChange event so that it sends out tags matching new animations being played.

### Fixed
- Accuracy of walk location for NPC.
- Issue with NPC sometimes walking to the wrong locations.
- Walk back-up routine to work better under new walk system.

### Removed
- Remnants from old walk system.

## [Beta 41] - 2018-12-12
### Added
- isExit attribute to positionTree. Allows new tree branch type that ends the scene after the animation plays.
- icon for exit branches in tree widget.
- forceComplete attribute in positionTree XML. For preventing animations from being interrupted by user navigation before they are complete. UI darkens while the animation completes.
- re-equipping of actors needing reset after a game was saved during animation.

## [Beta 40] - 2018-12-11
### Added
- time attribute in positionTree XML. For controlling time spent per branch when NPC controls tree progression.

### Fixed
- Freezing when quick switching to hierarchy position.
- Issue with NPC-only scenes using positionTrees would not progress.

### Changed
- debug_to_papyrus_log setting now sends log output to a custom log file at ".../My Games/Fallout4/Logs/Script/User/"
- attack detection to be more efficient at filtering out radiation events. Thanks to egoballistic!

## [Beta 39] - 2018-12-08
### Added
- routine to maintain correct gender/race assignments when switching animations in same scene.
- additional checks and error messages for when invalid actors are entered in the API.
- UI update to show added actor on join.
- OnJoinAnimation event. Fires when actors join hierarchy positions.
- optimizations for actor and location data collection. (skip calculating distances when not needed)
- `initialization_delay` to AAF_settings.xml. For adjusting the delay of AAF initialization when starting a new game. For avoiding the "frozen white screen" issue.
- ChangeStatMinimum and ChangeStatMaximum to API. For altering stat constraints per Actor with Papyrus.

### Changed
- XML parsing so that default nodes can be removed entirely when they are not needed.

Happy new year!

23 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

New Build Publicly Available:

Reveal hidden contents

## [Beta 46] - 2018-12-29
### Changed
- AAF initialization to happen right after mirror scene (face modification) instead of before.
- tag XML type so that multiple entries for the same position ID merge all tags together and removes duplicates. (As a side effect, this makes using the "replace" attribute unreliable where multiple entries exist.)

### Removed
- initialization_delay setting. Not needed since initialization now starts after mirror scene.

### Fixed
- More duplicate listing issues with furniture.
 - Case sensitivity for plugin detection to avoid errors when plugins are spelled differently.
- Hotkeys so that they are blocked when the console is open.
 - Issue with characters not choosing furniture animations when available.

## [Beta 45] - 2018-12-27
### Added
- startOverlaySet option to position and animation nodes.
- startOverlaySet and stopOverlaySet support for animationMeta files.
- "Nate" and "Nora" to replace blank names during intro scene.
- Small fixes/UI improvements.

### Fixed
- Duplicate listings for some furniture positions.

## [Beta 44] - 2018-12-23
### Fixed
- Distances to actors all being 0.0 in the wizard.
- Equipment removed from player via equipment manager caused the item to disappear forever.
- Issue causing UI to stop working when no stats are installed.
- UI alignment adjustment for if/when there are no stats.
- Issue with tags not being sent out with position start/change/end events.

### Removed
- megaScene test files. This feature should still work. But, removed files used for testing it during dev.

## [Beta 43] - 2018-12-19
### Added
- Code cleanup/optimization.
- Improved fadeout timing. Game fadeout during actor locking better hides teleporting.
- UI overhaul (backdrops, new layout, color changing). Not complete, could be increased conflicts with other UI changes while working on this.
- hide_actor_state_icon setting for hiding the actor status indicator.

## [Beta 42] - 2018-12-13
### Changed
- OnAnimationChange event so that it sends out tags matching new animations being played.

### Fixed
- Accuracy of walk location for NPC.
- Issue with NPC sometimes walking to the wrong locations.
- Walk back-up routine to work better under new walk system.

### Removed
- Remnants from old walk system.

## [Beta 41] - 2018-12-12
### Added
- isExit attribute to positionTree. Allows new tree branch type that ends the scene after the animation plays.
- icon for exit branches in tree widget.
- forceComplete attribute in positionTree XML. For preventing animations from being interrupted by user navigation before they are complete. UI darkens while the animation completes.
- re-equipping of actors needing reset after a game was saved during animation.

## [Beta 40] - 2018-12-11
### Added
- time attribute in positionTree XML. For controlling time spent per branch when NPC controls tree progression.

### Fixed
- Freezing when quick switching to hierarchy position.
- Issue with NPC-only scenes using positionTrees would not progress.

### Changed
- debug_to_papyrus_log setting now sends log output to a custom log file at ".../My Games/Fallout4/Logs/Script/User/"
- attack detection to be more efficient at filtering out radiation events. Thanks to egoballistic!

## [Beta 39] - 2018-12-08
### Added
- routine to maintain correct gender/race assignments when switching animations in same scene.
- additional checks and error messages for when invalid actors are entered in the API.
- UI update to show added actor on join.
- OnJoinAnimation event. Fires when actors join hierarchy positions.
- optimizations for actor and location data collection. (skip calculating distances when not needed)
- `initialization_delay` to AAF_settings.xml. For adjusting the delay of AAF initialization when starting a new game. For avoiding the "frozen white screen" issue.
- ChangeStatMinimum and ChangeStatMaximum to API. For altering stat constraints per Actor with Papyrus.

### Changed
- XML parsing so that default nodes can be removed entirely when they are not needed.

Happy new year!

Oh sweet ❤️ 

BTW Can we change so that the initialization/reinitialization happens not when loading but with say minute delay ? Or by switching something or pressing a hotkey ? 
I'd like to try something... 

5 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

I would really like to know if this new version fixes the save issue some have reported...

Nope, still crashes on reloading.

7 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

There is not currently an option for that. But, if you start a new game, initialization is delayed until you finish editing your characters appearance.

I understand but im thinking that i would like to check if its maybe my rig simply shitting itself having to load everything at once. Delayed or player prompted initialization would allow me to check that. 

12 minutes ago, Canaris said:

Nope, still crashes on reloading.

This was testing starting from a new game? Or, just after updating existing save?

12 minutes ago, Canaris said:

I understand but im thinking that i would like to check if its maybe my rig simply shitting itself having to load everything at once. Delayed or player prompted initialization would allow me to check that. 

I can't code in a feature like that just to test individual rigs. You should be able to do the same test by simply removing mods.

15 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

Thank you.

What exactly are you doing to test this?

1. Activated DebugMode and changed the redress timer to 5secs. 

2. Enter a cell with no other NPCs

3. Start an animation with SEU

4. Wait until everyone is redressed and make a full save. (doesn't matter really, quicksave crashes too)

There are no error messages before or after the animation.