310.jpg

LifePlay v3.10 Released!

- Each NPC will now have their own fertility stat, the final probability will now be the square root of fertility_dad*fertility_mom, not just the player's fertility. This also allows the various sperm donor / surrogate mother scenes to trigger under more logical conditions.
- New UI elements in the Contacts menu to show all pregnancy-related information for the player and each NPC: base fertility, usual fertile days of the month, how far along pregnant if any, who is the baby daddy, etc... So that you don't have to rely only on the midnight notifications which can easily be missed if a lot of NPCs in your game are pregnant at the same time
- Some scenes about attending or taking your spouse to prenatal classes and doctor's appointments, with possible affairs to be had ...
- Some more scenes about childcare, which influences their final stats when they reach 18 and become a full NPC. Raising your child can now also lead to some 'adult' opportunities between the player character or their spouse and the child's babysitters, teachers and classmates' parents.
- Some adoption and abortion scenes. You can put a baby up for adoption, or (as the father) not accept a baby as your child (so they don't just show up as your child in your contact list no matter what)
- Some adjustments to the impregnation swinging/cuckold/ breeding party scenes so that all the resulting babies no longer end up always being attributed to the player
- Some other scene ideas from the community brainstorm
- All patrons' commissions for September

Can someone mirror this to Google Drive or Micosoft OneFile?

Every time i try to DL this mega throw a limit screen at 4%.

Your download cannot proceed, because it would take you over the current free transfer allowance

How about compressing & splitting it with RAR or something and upload them to itch.io/patreon/GDrive?

LifePlay.v1.2.3.part001.rar

LifePlay.v1.2.3.part002.rar

• 2 weeks later...

311.jpg

LifePlay v3.11 Released!

- NPCs and the player character will have a bunch of new actor stats for what they like (Likes Anal, Likes Cowgirl, Likes Rough, Likes Public, etc) + a new Prone to Orgasm stat. 
- NPCs involved in sex scenes with the player or each other will now have some AI. They will sometimes suggest the next action (popup with a timeout for you to say no) depending on what they like, with the frequency and persistence depending on their submissive/dominant level. You can also encourage your partner to take the lead. 
- NPCs will provide feedbacks via dirty talk on whether they like what you're doing. Don't worry though, you won't actually have to remember what each NPC in your game likes, the buttons for the different positions you can select will be colored accordingly from red to green to help you out.
- Separate Energy and Orgasm bars for you and your partner, the rate of which they change depend on whether the position matches the new stats above + fitness & animation speed. Each time you bring your partner to orgasm, they gain attraction with you. Each time you yourself reach orgasm, you gain mood. 
- Sex is no longer forced to end when the first orgasm is reached (but when you/ your partner runs out of energy or gets bored i.e. their orgasm bar has stayed too low for a long time), so it's possible for multiple or no orgasms for either partners to happen during a scene. Subsequent orgasms are progressively harder to reach. 
- The orgasm bar also represents the wetness of the pussy and hardness of the dick, which affects how pleasurable penetrative sex is, and at which speed. So, if you're playing as a man or trans, it will be more about keeping your orgasm bar around the middle for as long as possible to try and bring your partner to orgasm rather than trying to reach orgasm yourself quickly and then have a difficult time trying to get hard again (by which time, your partner may have already got bored).
- The behaviour of all these new gameplay elements are of course modified when appropriate for 'aggressive' (Content/Modules/vin_NonC...) scenes.

@shizzlenizzleA dominant NPC can override your NO when you're too submissive.

I do think, the scenes change to often. When I switch to a position both like the NPC often suggests a position both actually dislike. Five seconds later, next position. Another five seconds we're through two more positions already.

This whole new sex system seems overcomplicated to me. Stats for each orifice would be enough IMO. Positive values represent receiving - let's say a blowjob - and negative represent giving. Using the Sub/Dom stats could iron out making the experience less negative/more positive for each actor.

A bit like: A +50 Sub who hates giving head -40 would still in a way enjoy the experience. While a -100 Dom would still dislike being buttraped +80.

Adding fitness for the preferred speed of intercourse would be nice, too. This way you could make use of different already established stats; which can also be altered by the player and change during play. Making it (for me, at least) more interesting.

But these are just my two cents.

• 2 weeks later...

312.jpg

LifePlay v3.12 Released!

- Replace the current dog models with more realistic looking ones, with more bones so that more fluid animations can be made
- Some animations for the new model with a female character
- Some animations for the new model with a male character
- Some animations for the new model with two female characters
- Any pet dog you've adopted will now actually live in your home, rather than having to use the 'Take out for a walk' button for them to show up
- Some new interactions (i.e. you can click on your pet for a list of possible interactions, just like other NPCs) that can lead to 'interspecies' scenes more proactively, rather than having to rely on randomly triggered scenes for most interspecies content like currently.

I like where this is going. I got one question:

Why are the characters randomly cumming during the sex scenes?

Energie around 40 both

Lust around 50 both

Suddenly both going off and the scene ends abruptly. Is that intentional? It feels like the old sex system is working underneath the new system and screws things up.

Just tried this game out this weekend (yeah, I know...where have I been?)

Really like the time and effort put into this one.  Easily one of the better games of it's kind I've played.  A couple of questions though.

I just downloaded the game with the quest mods that come with it.  I clicked on the Incest one.  It went away from my quest list and it still said I had no current quests.  Yes, I have the incest one clicked as one of my preferences.

And can the MC get molested/raped?  I have set my submissiveness to 100 and still haven't had that happen to me.   Are there places for a better chance of happening than others?  I have been playing for hours and just haven't had it trigger as of yet. 

Thanks again for such a great game! 

Had a weird glitch. I just loaded up the game, loaded my last save. In the save game list, it had the correct name of the character. But when the save had loaded, my female character had turned into a male default John Smith!? (Note: all established contacts were still there)

• 2 weeks later...

314.jpg

LifePlay v3.14 Released!

- New fluid particle system for the game
- New cumshot effect for men and transwomen
- New cumming animations (cum on face, tits, back, etc) that uses the new cumshot effect that can be chosen when a male / trans character reaches orgasm. These animations of course would equate 'pulling out' for pregnancy checks.
- New squirting effect for women
- New Esc > Settings option for Squirt Chance Multiplier (this number is multiplied by the girl's Proneness to Orgasm to determine the chance of squirting each time she orgasms). Set this multiplier to 0 to disable squirting completely, or 100 to make every girl squirt like Adriana Chechik.
- New "Official Watersports Module" (like any other kinks, it's optional and disabled by default)
- New watersports animations with urine effects that become available to select during adult scenes if you enable the Watersports module above

On 11/13/2020 at 2:20 AM, vinfamy said:

314.jpg

LifePlay v3.14 Released!

- New fluid particle system for the game
- New cumshot effect for men and transwomen
- New cumming animations (cum on face, tits, back, etc) that uses the new cumshot effect that can be chosen when a male / trans character reaches orgasm. These animations of course would equate 'pulling out' for pregnancy checks.
- New squirting effect for women
- New Esc > Settings option for Squirt Chance Multiplier (this number is multiplied by the girl's Proneness to Orgasm to determine the chance of squirting each time she orgasms). Set this multiplier to 0 to disable squirting completely, or 100 to make every girl squirt like Adriana Chechik.
- New "Official Watersports Module" (like any other kinks, it's optional and disabled by default)
- New watersports animations with urine effects that become available to select during adult scenes if you enable the Watersports module above

Ooooh, I LOOOVE where this is going!  Excellent beginning of the fluid system!  I love the collision physics between the actors.  Great stuff!

I do have a question: any plans to have semen decals applied on climax to the males/masculine body type as well?

hoi

i ve a problem with making relativ to girlfriends

i can do the story line including with the girlfriendsexzcene

after when i try to ve sex with girlfriend, allways someone from quest becomes my girl/boyfriend, sometimes noone...

i depends what i got, with noone it animations result in fucking with some invisible

relativ is in cantacts also not as a girlfriend

thx

Would it be possible to have a tag, a stat or whatever else indicating that a NPC will never invite you itself for any activity?

I know modders can do this by modifying all concerned 'lpaction's but it's boring and if 2 modders do this with the same tag/stat/... one mod will be broken ^^

The idea would be something the system catch before inviting without modifying the acction files

On 11/16/2020 at 11:25 AM, Haraldh said:

How do i control gender of people all "women"  in the game seem to have both vagina and dick?? Is that a bug?

Yep, all women have dicks for some reason. Have to remove them manually, which isn't nice. Also why isn't there an interaction to propose sex while on date?

Otherwise good game.

15 hours ago, hamimobe said:

Yep, all women have dicks for some reason. Have to remove them manually, which isn't nice. Also why isn't there an interaction to propose sex while on date?

Otherwise good game.

Odd, I don't have that bug. Also, you can hook up while on a date, provided the NPC's rapport and attraction are high enough and they're interested in your PC's gender

my question is: is there a guide to making maps for the game? I know a few get added with each version, but I've messed around enough with unreal-editor that I'm pretty sure I could make a map or two. (interested so I can make my own town and have as many of the buildings match their IRL use as I can, which will take forever.)

• 2 weeks later...

315 - Copy.jpg

LifePlay v3.15 Released!

This is the Kink of the Month update for November, focusing on 'Cowgirl'.

- Adding new scenes and radiant quests for a certain kink (Content/Modules/vin_Co...), based on some ideas from the community brainstorm. It's not too convenient to list them all here, for more details, check out the original ideas people have posted on Discord's kink-of-the-month-brainstorm channel.

- 15 male-gemale cowgirl animations

- 15 male-male cowgirl animations

- 12 trans-female cowgirl animations

- All November commissions from patrons

40Overhaul_Dec.png

IMPORTANT: v4.0 Variety and Polish Overhaul (+ 6 KotM Updates)
TLDR: 6 Kink of the Month updates from Jan to March 2021. v4.0 Variety and Polish Overhaul over 5 updates in April and May. Variety = more diverse and distinguishable character customizations (incl proper ethnic & age differences) + much bigger selection of clothes + NPCs dressing according to their location and job + more daily activity and furniture animations + high attractiveness NPCs actually look hot. Polish = minimize clipping issues (body poking through clothes, dick poking through partner's stomach, skirt not following legs when sitting down, etc) + no more vagina deform when too many morphs are used + smoother gameplay due to clothes taking less time to load, bug fixes, UI enhancements and optimizations.

(Please read this whole post if possible, TLDR doesn't cover everything)

Each year around April-May, the project undergoes an overhaul over 5 consecutive updates that addresses and massively improves on a major weakness of the game that couldn't be solved in one or two updates. In 2019, it was the v2.0 Daz Character Overhaul which hugely upgrades the base character models and animations. Earlier in 2020, it was the v3.0 AI & Interactions Overhaul which got rid of the whole 'visual novel' feel of the game, making the game a full 3d experience and giving NPCs more autonomy and interactivity. In 2021, there will be another overhaul over 5 updates in April and May, the v4.0 Variety and Polish Overhaul.

But before talking about the overhaul itself, let's discuss the first three months of 2021, before the overhaul actually starts. As you know, Kink of the Month has become an integral part of LifePlay's development, providing patrons and the wider community with a transparent way to decide what adult content I work on and add each month to the game and contribute ideas directly to it. So far, it's simply been one Kink of the Month update per month (each month has 2 or 3 updates). However, since the v4.0 Overhaul requires 5 consecutive updates - it will already take up the whole update schedule for April and May 2021 (April has 2, May has 3), so there will be no KotM updates in these two months. To make up for this, these 2 'lost' KotM updates are moved ahead to the start of the year + I add another bonus one to March, so that the release schedule of the first 5 months of 2021 will be like this:

- 9 Jan: v3.18, Kink of the Month

- 23 Jan: v3.19, Kink of the Month

- 6 Feb: v3.20, Kink of the Month

- 20 Feb: v3.21, Kink of the Month

- 6 Mar: v3.22, Kink of the Month

- 20 Mar: v3.23, Kink of the Month

- 3 Apr: v4.0 Beta 1, Overhaul

- 17 Apr: v4.0 Beta 2, Overhaul

- 1 May: v4.0 Beta 3, Overhaul

- 15 May: v4.0 Beta 4, Overhaul

- 29 May: v4.0 Stable, Overhaul

- June onwards: v4.1, v4.2, v4.3, etc

The 6 KotM updates in 3 months will be a great opportunity for many fetishes that haven't got much love so far to be worked on because:

- In each month's patrons poll, both options with the most and second-most votes will be worked on. They will then both be excluded for 2 months, allowing another pair to have a chance the following month.

- The most popular kink by far, Pregnancy, happens to be excluded for Jan and Feb (because it just won Dec) and can only win at most one update in May, giving others a chance.

-----

Now, let's move on and explain the v4.0 Variety and Polish Overhaul:

The Problems - Why Focus on Variety and Polish?

Having been first released in April 2018 and with very regular updates at least twice a month, the game has reached a pretty playable state in terms of features and content, but still two aspects have always been very lacking:

1/ Variety: 

In terms of characters:

- While the character models themselves look realistic enough, within each gender, despite how much you randomize or use the customizations available, all characters still look too similar, like it's too obvious they all 'come from the same root'. 

- Non-Caucasian characters don't show many ethnic features at all, they just look like the default Caucasian character with skin painted on

- Everyone looks like young adults. Hard to make 18yos or anyone above 40. Elders just look like 30-something with white hair.

- The game does generate a lot of NPCs (as it should in a life simulation game), and even though they have different stats and have some AI now, they end up all being forgettable because they look too similar. For example, half of the time when that event triggers where a friend calls me to hang out, I have no clue who that person actually is, even if he turns out to be the guy sitting next to me in the office this morning.

- There's no relation between the attractiveness stat and the actual hotness of the face and body of an NPC being generated at all. In fact, it's rare for the randomization algorithm to actually throw out a NPC with a pretty face and a hot body at all.

In terms of clothes:

- There is too little variety of clothes, this makes the issue of NPCs being too similar even worse 

- No uniforms to speak of. You can hardly distinguish who's the customer and who's the staff in your current location without hovering over everyone.

- Each clothing mesh can only be worn or removed, there's no 'in-between' stage at all.

In terms of animations:

- Still too few daily activity and furniture animations, characters look rather stiff in their 3d environments

2/ Polish:

In terms of characters:

- Extensive use of morphs often lead to either deformation of the vagina or terrible clipping with clothes, limiting your customization options even more, making characters look every more identical.

- Dick poking through partner's stomach during adult scenes and some other character-on-character clipping issues

In terms of clothes:

- The clothes currently in game aren't worth much more than as placeholders. Not only do they lack in variety, there are just too many issues with them.

- Due to both poor morph transfer and skeleton rigging, more often than not clothes cause terrible-looking clipping issues with the body

- Skirts and dresses are the worst, all it takes is for the girl to sit down and they go straight across through her knees

- Each clothing asset currently takes too much hard drive space, takes too long to load (main cause of choppy gameplay) and can cause fatal error crashes. For variety of clothes to happen, each piece can't be as heavy as it is right now or the game will be 50GB to download!

Still many lingering bugs to fix and the UI can be enhanced further for more user friendliness

The Solution - What Will the v4.0 Variety and Polish Overhaul Consist Of?

1/ Variety:

In terms of characters:

- Add a lot more customizations, especially to the face, to allow for truly unique-looking characters

- Add proper customizations for ethnic features.

- Add proper customizations for age-related features, from 18 year olds to grandparents.

- Massively improve the randomization algorithm to generate NPCs (and for that button top-left corner of the character creation screen) to make distinguishable characters

- Add a large number of unique presets for conventionally attractive faces (I’ll probably use models and movie stars as reference for them). In the future, the community can also contribute to this ‘hot face database’.

- Add some logic for the Npc generation process to take in account the attractiveness stat and pick a preset from above with further randomizations

- Characters change appearance gradually from age and fitness/ muscle stat changes

- 3D beards for the longer facial hair styles

- (Very advanced feature that even titles from big studios sometimes can't get right so not 100% certain it can be done for LifePlay yet, will need further experimenting) Allow the player to import real life photos and the game generates them into character faces. Also as long as importing images at runtime can be done, it can be used for custom tattoos and other skin overlays too.

In terms of clothes:

- Add a huge selection of new clothes and accessories for men and women (pretty much I'll add every assets I can find if they're within a reasonable polycount range or can be optimized to a reasonable polycount)

- The new clothes will include uniforms and location/scene-appropriate attires, clearly distinguishing staff and customer, doctor and patient, hooker and John, etc

- Some of the most common clothing pieces (won't be possible to do this for all the clothes though) will now have an additional in-between stage to be used mostly for adult scenes, such as jeans pulled down, panties pulled to the side, t-shirt pulled up to expose breasts etc

In terms of animations:

- More daily activity and furniture animations, not only to make the game more lively (since the characters will be diverse looking wearing diverse clothes, would be a waste if they all just stand around, sit around or play the same animations repeatedly when in the 3D environment), but also as an extra test for clipping minimization (see below)

2/ Polish:

In terms of characters:

- Improve the Character Creation UI and control, especially regarding morphs (hopefully with sculpting by dragging with the mouse). No point adding tons of new customizations then have bad UI prevent players from fully utilizing them.

- Fix the deformation of the vagina when the player uses many morphs

- Add options to the adult scene UI to partially undress an apparel piece (i.e. pull aside panties) when there's an 'in-between' stage available for that asset

- Uses some of the same methods used for clothes described below to limit character-on-character clipping issues, especially dick poking through partner's stomach.

In terms of clothes:

- Proper morph transfer and skeleton rigging for all the clothes to prevent clipping issues with the body even when many morphs are used or complex animations are being played

- Split the most common 'poking through' areas of the body (nipples, lower stomach, vagina, etc) into separate texture 'slots' that can be dynamically and temporarily made transparent (but the player won't be able to notice) when clothes are already worn and covering them completely. This won't cause any seams at all, don't worry.

- Add a system to dynamically 'simplify' certain body morphs when putting on clothes covering them so that the morphs on the clothes can follow the body perfectly with no clipping, despite always being at a disadvantage in terms of the number of vertices it can use (due to performance, if each apparel piece has the same polycount as the character model, no PCs would be able to handle the game). Again, the point is the player won't be able to notice that their character's fully dressed body uses fewer morphs than when nude. This system will take into account the type of apparel too when deciding how much simplifying is appropriate: the morphs on a tight fitting bodysuit can't be simplified too much, but a loose casual T-Shirt? That belly button depth morph probably isn't worth the potential clipping and can be simplified away when dressed compared to nude. 

- Very slightly less tight-fitting clothes in general as an extra clipping prevention method, a final fail-safe basically

- Improve the Inventory menu and Buy Apparel menu UI and control, taking into account a much larger selection of clothes available

- Optimize each clothing asset to take as little hard drive space as possible so that they load faster result into smoother gameplay and no fatal error crashes.

- Remove some unused and outdated files from the game folder to save some space for the new clothing assets. Hopefully even when tons of new clothes are added, the final download size for the game post v4.0 overhaul won't increase by too much.

Bug fixes and other optimizations. The final update of the 5-update overhaul is called v4.0 Stable after all!

-----

So, that's the current plans for v4.0 at this early stage. Obviously the overhaul is still 4 months away (with a very kinky first quarter of 2021 to look forward to first!) so please don't hesitate to suggest your own ideas relevant to the main focus and I'll be happy to consider adding to the plans. The final v4.0 plans will be posted in early March, with the details on what exactly will be worked on in each of the 5 overhaul updates.

Vin, were a few modules removed in the last release (or few releases)? Specifically Incest, Bestiality, and non-con? I didn't find them in the module folder of the 64x full download. I downloaded the master from Git and dragged those three modules over and while they show up as included in the LPLauncher, they don't show up in the module section when running the game at all. Are these just built into the game now or am I missing something?

Small side note, I really love the sex mini game. I'm curious if the positions liked are purely by a characters position enjoyment or is perversity and sub/dom also taken into account?