7 hours ago, ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

Are there any plans to update the bestiality animations? As a fan of that particular kink, I'm honestly just happy to see it in the game, but the anims do look a fair bit janky

yeah, the dog ones are nearly one year old and were done before the Daz graphic overhaul. Hopefully I will improve them sometime in 2020

Plans for v2.15 (28 Dec)
Here are the plans for v2.15 - the final update of the year 2019:
- ~20 new animations, consisting of:
-- New male-female Cowgirl animations, including some femdom ones
-- New male-female Doggy animations, including some rough ones
-- New female solo animations
-- New male-female-female animations where one of the girls has a dick or is wearing a strapon (i.e. so that she and the guy can double penetrate the remaining girl, etc)
-- New male-male-female animations where one guy is a cuckold and the other guy is a bull (Don't worry, I know the cuckold/ NTR fetish is very much up to personal taste, so you will never see these animations unless you have the optional NTR module enabled - it's disabled by default of course)
- Bug fixes and other improvements
Estimated Release Date: Saturday, 28 December 2019 ( with a release candidate for public beta testing out at least 24 hours in advance)

On 12/25/2019 at 2:22 PM, Zanzuki93 said:

i was wondering how you actually go about having sex with animals in the game? i have gotten my character to think about other characters getting screwed but not my character.

is your character male? beast on male animations haven't been made yet

For some reason my game is missing the "spend time with family" option for home. I've made sure the family members were checked to be "living with me" but the option does not show up at all. Any fix for this?

Edit: Whoops, just found the incest module and activated it.

215.jpg

LifePlay v2.15 Released!

- 20 new animations, consisting of:
-- 5 male-female Cowgirl animations, including some femdom ones
-- 5 male-female Doggy animations, including some rough ones
-- 4 female solo animations
-- 3 male-female-female animations where one of the girls has a dick or is wearing a strapon (i.e. so that she and the guy can double penetrate the remaining girl, etc)
-- 3 male-male-female animations where one guy is a cuckold and the other guy is a bull (Don't worry, I know the cuckold/ NTR fetish is very much up to personal taste, so you will never see these animations unless you have the optional NTR module enabled - it's disabled by default of course)

A Look Back at 2019 and Broad Plans for 2020
Happy new year! I hope everyone had a great holiday season.

2019 was the first full calendar year of development since the game's first release back in April 2018, and it was a productive year looking back. There were 25 full updates in 2019 (not counting the release candidates for public beta testing), averaging 14.6 days between updates, which is already pretty close to my promise of consistently one update per 2 weeks for the $500 Patreon goal, even though this goal hasn't been reached yet. Some of the most important developments in 2019 include:

- The character model overhaul: All the character models were upgraded from the old ManuelLab system to a more current-gen Daz Genesis 8 system, which vastly improved the visual appeal of the game.
- New animations tailor-made for the new Daz models, which are simply superior to the old ones, due to both the Daz models having a better skeleton to base the animations around + me becoming more experienced at animating myself (I'm a coder by trade so I initially started this project with no animating experience)
- 3d bedrooms: The additions of these mean that most adult scenes are now fully 3d (instead of happening in front of a flat 2d background) and look pretty good indeed. It also allows for things like bed and wall animations.
- Quests, Achievements, Perks & Karma: these new gameplay elements help enhance the original life simulation sandbox experience. Quests add longer storylines and radiant activities that were simply impossible with the short random scenes.

Last but not least, the last few months of the year in particular saw an emergence of the modding community for the game, which has continued growing. Anything from character and room presets to huge ambitious mods that focus on a specific fetish or expand the game's gameplay - the modders have been amazing in their contributions, some spending tens or hundreds of hours into modding, and I cannot be more thankful for their efforts. I will continue to post a monthly list of community-made mods so that you won't miss out on these fantastic mods and their updates.

So what developments can you expect to see in 2020:

- For the first three months of the year, I will focus on the rest of major features that I have yet to work in 2019. These include but are not limited to sounds, expressions (even though the animations are now much better, the characters still look very emotionless right now during adult scenes), sex scene UI (super long scrollbar right now, not the most user-friendly) and map graphical overhaul (the gray building blocks are probably the biggest eye-sore still left after all the graphical improvements made in 2019, hopefully I will be able to come up with something resembling a real city more). A more technical major feature to implement will be multi-threading, which will eliminate lags when taking actions, allow scenes to be checked and triggered while waiting and doing nothing (while letting the time simply pass) too, and just generally make scenes trigger more consistently if their conditions are met. After these major features are implemented, LifePlay will be a pretty well-rounded game and the core gameplay should feel quite 'complete', just needing more content. Obviously, these feature updates will be the focus of the first three months, but won't be everything that I do. There will be some content updates too.
- Once the major remaining features are out of the way, the rest of the year will be mainly content updates, rather than feature updates. Namely, these will be new quests, scenes, animations, character customization assets, clothes and most importantly, expanding existing fetishes and adding some new ones. In 2020, the community will have more say in what these content updates will be: I will take suggestions for new content updates coming from the public (Patreon, Discord, LoversLab, Reddit, etc), combine them with my own ideas and then make polls on Patreon for patrons to vote on what comes next. That way, even though patrons get to decide what comes next, anyone can have their suggestions be implemented in an update if the idea is good and popular enough.

These are the broad plans for 2020, I will of course continue to publish specific plans for each update that comes next.

Thank you for your continued support of the project, whether it's financial support via Patreon or via modding, beta testing or promoting the game. Let's look forward to an exciting year for LifePlay.

Question: Is there a way to change cities? Or rather is there a way to export a saved game to a different map? Sorry if it's been asked and answered before (search didn't help). I was wary as I didn't want to lose any game progress but it would be interesting to play another town after playing the default a while now.

27 minutes ago, raeleesv said:

Question: Is there a way to change cities? Or rather is there a way to export a saved game to a different map? Sorry if it's been asked and answered before (search didn't help). I was wary as I didn't want to lose any game progress but it would be interesting to play another town after playing the default a while now.

yes , esc > select city > tick 'move NPCs with me' > pick a city

Hey again.

Finally took the time to look into the code, and now I'm reasonably confident it's not the mods that were causing the issue.

Now, I have to say that the last time I played this I was using the 2.14 version, and I was looking into the 2.15 version code, so bear that in mind.

With that out of the way, the problem is this: I kept eating karma hits when the shower scene triggered with me as the target. Which is ridiculous as far as I see it - the fact that my significant other happens to be a pervert who likes to peep on me showering should not result in my karma going down. I wasn't the one who peeped on somebody else, after all.

Looking at the code in co_ag_shower.lpscene, however, I can't find anything that would result in a karma hit. In fact, there's no mention of karma at all. Same with co_vi_shower.lpscene. So... yeah. Now sure what's going on there, but I do know that the karma hits definitely happened.

Cheers.

EDIT:

Addendum: having looked at the code some more - specifically the descriptions in ...\vin_Base\Descriptions\1.lpdesc - I've figured out why some of the problems I've spoken of in earlier posts occurred. Namely, the descriptions of "a surge of heat... into [a male's] pussy". I'm willing to bet that a trans is still counted as female, and the tags at that line are "Blowjob" and "MF". Which is to say, it does not check whether the male is on the receiving end, or the delivering one. And even if the trans was on the delivering end, last time I checked they still have male genitalia, so the line still makes no sense.

Maybe it could be solved with adding a new pair of tags, "receiving"
and "delivering", as well as "TS"? Just throwing out ideas here.

Plans for v2.16 (11 Jan)

In line with the broad plans for 2020, the first update of the year, v2.16, will introduce sound into the game:

- Sound effects (oral, thrusting, male & female moans) for the sex scenes

- Background ambience sound loops for most location types in the game, for a more immersive experience

- Sound effects for various UI elements, also highlighting when something positive or negative happens during gameplay

Estimated Release Date: 11 January (with a release candidate for public beta testing out at least 24 hours in advance)

13 hours ago, vinfamy said:

Plans for v2.16 (11 Jan)

In line with the broad plans for 2020, the first update of the year, v2.16, will introduce sound into the game:

- Sound effects (oral, thrusting, male & female moans) for the sex scenes

- Background ambience sound loops for most location types in the game, for a more immersive experience

- Sound effects for various UI elements, also highlighting when something positive or negative happens during gameplay

Estimated Release Date: 11 January (with a release candidate for public beta testing out at least 24 hours in advance)

I'm so excited for this. More than you know! ? ❤️

EDIT OF AN EDIT: 

So I had an issue with a relative being dumped to his own house after we started dating. After another date he proposed and we were married but when the wedding night ended he was dumped back to his house again. When I found his house I moved in with him, but when we moved to another map he was again out of my house but still in my contacts list. In game dialog (and contacts) he is still listed as my husband but I can't find his house on the map (even in search). Still not sure how to get him back into my household but has been suggested I try the "open relationship" discussion. Will give that a shot later today and see how that works out.

Mods I use: Better Pregnancy, The New Goodbye, NPC Relationships, Pimp Your Girl, Propose Sex To Your Companion.

Never mind. It appears it could be The New Goodbye mod? Waiting to see how that pans out. Fingers crossed. I really hope I don't have to start again. 

I also have a couple of questions;

* Can someone tell me how the pregnancy system works? Specifically is there an actual baby model that appears in game that grows into a child over time? My character is only 20 or so days pregnant at this stage so a long way to go to find out. I know there's some ability to speed that up but I've no idea what percentage it should be. 

* And what do the sliders beside the clothing items (in our inventory) do specifically? For instance when my character wears a skirt the slider for the skirt only makes her hair appear thicker or thinner but does nothing to effect the skirt (despite the fact it's a slider right beside the name skirt). This happens regardless what clothing item I select.

In an lptalk, is it possible to condition lines based on whether the sex scene is a result of sex work?

I was thinking it might be done by checking WHERE or WHAT, but I don't know how to do that in an lptalk (or if it's even possible or if it would produce a useful result)

216.jpg

LifePlay v2.16 Released!

- Sound effects (oral, penetration, male & female moans) for the sex scenes. Special thanks to Icarus Videos, who provided some of oral and penetration sound effects.
- New customization option under Ctrl + E > Personal that allows you to select the moan voice pack for your PC and NPCs
- Volume adjustment settings in Esc > Settings. Note that some UI sound effects are hard-coded for performance reasons and aren't affected by these settings.

7 hours ago, Renaati said:

In an lptalk, is it possible to condition lines based on whether the sex scene is a result of sex work?

I was thinking it might be done by checking WHERE or WHAT, but I don't know how to do that in an lptalk (or if it's even possible or if it would produce a useful result)

simply:

WHERE == sexwork

The conditions for the lptalk lines are no different from the If conditions in lpscene files

@raeleesv Decrease Pregnancy Multiplier  to have faster pregnancy. 0.1 for 28 days, 0.01 for 3 days etc

Some clothes use those sliders to pick pattern 

I think the broken shower scene could potentially be broken because I've been spawning in the significant other via add NPC, forcing her to live with the player (so the OTHER: isAtDatingHome() could be the culprit). But I still have no idea what's going on there.

Karma hits are still there (and bloody hell, those can be up to -10 karma in one go!), yet I see no mention of karma in co_vi_shower.lpscene.
The WHAT is set to 'bathe' (WHAT: bathe), but it keeps triggering during the 'sleep' action.

The whole thing is a mess, and what frustrates me the most is I can't figure out why.

Just letting you know.

On another topic, do you think you could force the animation speed to go up when the orgasm meter is at around 70%? I can do it manually, sure, but it gets tedious after a while.