4 hours ago, AthelstanDied said:

Somehow every action I start gets interrupted by some random event. Is it possible to resume interrupted actions?

Yes, that's how the game is supposed to work - scenes are supposed to be triggered by taking actions.

To resume after a scene finishes, press Spacebar or the Pause/Play button top right of your screen.

1 hour ago, digital_dovah said:

I'm getting an error when trying to launch that says this:

The map specified on the commandline '/Game/Scenes/CentralLondon' could not be found. Exiting.

I was working fine, then I installed some mods and the maps pack and now this error shows up.  Any idea how to fix it?

you installed the map pack incorrectly and probably overwrote some files you shouldn't have (if you install the map pack correctly, there's no overwriting involved). Try download the Update  Only pack v2.16 and overwrite everything in your game folder, should fix it

Plans for v2.17 (25 Jan)
- 20 new animations, consisting of:
-- male-female Foreplay animations
-- male-female Missionary animations
-- male-female Standing animations
-- Gangbang animations, including MMMF and MMMMF variants for each
- Bug fixes and other improvements
Estimated Release Date: Saturday, 25 Jan (with a release candidate for public beta testing released at least 24 hours in advance)

Played the game for a bit since 1.18. Is the number of NPC unlimited? I kinda hate that I have over 100 neighbours and over 100 coworkers, or is it possible to set the limit for NPC in the whole city so after certain number game not gonna generate a new ones?

1 hour ago, RmX93 said:

Played the game for a bit since 1.18. Is the number of NPC unlimited? I kinda hate that I have over 100 neighbours and over 100 coworkers, or is it possible to set the limit for NPC in the whole city so after certain number game not gonna generate a new ones?

it's unlimited, but I do plan to add a 'diminishing return' thing to NPC generation in the future

4 hours ago, msvalidparadox said:

I ask this in absolute seriousness. Is my character EVER gonna finish college?

I only spent one update (i.e. two weeks of part-time hours) on the college path so far so it's still incomplete. I've been busy with more major features for the game, but I should spend another update on college sometimes in the later half of 2020

1 hour ago, vinfamy said:

I only spent one update (i.e. two weeks of part-time hours) on the college path so far so it's still incomplete. I've been busy with more major features for the game, but I should spend another update on college sometimes in the later half of 2020

That makes perfect sense! Thank you for replying, I'm having a ton of fun (I might be slightly obsessed).

It's been a while and I figure I should drop an update on the shower scene karma hits thing that was bothering me.

Not spawning in the significant other solved the issue entirely. The same result can be achieved by taking an NPC the game spawned itself and modifying it to suit one's needs, and doing it that way removes the bug (and I am fairly sure that it was a bug at this point).

Admittedly, I haven't had the scene hit since then so there's nothing I can say on the karma hits, whether they still exist and whether they still knock down 10 karma a pop, but if the scene itself is as rare as it is now, it shouldn't be an issue either way.

Cheers.

On 2/2/2020 at 10:41 AM, Maeror Ignis said:

It's been a while and I figure I should drop an update on the shower scene karma hits thing that was bothering me.

Not spawning in the significant other solved the issue entirely. The same result can be achieved by taking an NPC the game spawned itself and modifying it to suit one's needs, and doing it that way removes the bug (and I am fairly sure that it was a bug at this point).

Admittedly, I haven't had the scene hit since then so there's nothing I can say on the karma hits, whether they still exist and whether they still knock down 10 karma a pop, but if the scene itself is as rare as it is now, it shouldn't be an issue either way.

Cheers.

fixed it, I simply forgot to add an exception to solo scenes like shower to not count as cheating 

Plans for v2.18 (8 Feb)
The next update will address one of the last remaining eye-sores in the game: the city map (no more basic grey boxes for buildings!). It's a purely graphical improvement, but an important one nevertheless because the player sees the map first thing and then for a big portion of gameplay:
- The city map will now show actual 3d textured buildings (4 variants of low-rise buildings and 7 variants of skyscrapers), some trees, pavement and some cars on the road. The 3d models for these are all low-poly (due to performance reasons) and still restricted by the lack of terrain data in the OpenStreetMap exports (i.e. can't generate hills or rivers) so they won't look as good as the city builder games made by professional studios for example but they're definitely still a big improvement on the old maps. The new system will also work instantly with all existing maps - no need to redownload anything from the Mega's optional map folder.
- Rework the map lighting to better suit the new 3d models, enable them to drop shadows and make lighting more consistent (no more sudden jump of light level as soon as 6am is reached, weird lighting when a scene moves time forward, or random changes in the map's lighting when you move from one house to another). Incidentally, this also fixes the blue tint for the 3d bedrooms.
- Optimize performance (i.e. minimize FPS loss from the old map to the new map) for the new maps with hierarchical instanced meshes, LODs and occlusion culling
- Add a second default map that will be included with all releases of the game alongside Central London: Central Bath. It's recommended to tick 'Randomize Unknown Buildings' (25%, 25%, 25%, 25%) when using this map - it's small and compact (lots of buildings in a concentrated area to play with). Even at max randomization setting and with the new textured map system, it loads pretty much instantly. Good for quick testing and weaker PCs that don't get good FPS with the Central London map.
- Update the game's start date to January 2020 (the old start date was 2 years ago). This will only affect 'New Game' and not your current saves.
- Bug fixes, modders' requests and other improvements
Estimated Release Date: Saturday, 8 February (with a release candidate out at least 48 hours in advance for public beta testing)

Hey Vinfamy, a "quest" of sorts just occurred to me. 

To wit, it's you, as the PC, noticing that there is some sexual tension between the your spouse and one of your children....and helping them get together.  Mother/son, Mother/daughter, Father/daughter, father/son, whatever. The quest starts with you noticing that there is a strange chemistry going on and then going out of your way to fan the flames. And it ends with them married, with you officially relinquishing your spouse to your child.

Basically, it'd be a 2nd person dating sim quest, with your character moving things and setting up situations where their lust and romance increases. Think of it like the "Break a couple" quest, except that your spouse and child end up estrange if you do it badly.

10 hours ago, Barry W. said:

Nice job, thank you. I have a question about money: is it possible to make restriction that if I have 0 on my count, I can't buy things? For now I can buy anything even if I have -100000 $, can do all actions. It's wrong I think.

it's supposed to represent going into debt - but yeah. it could have been made more sophisticated

Public Beta Testing: v2.18 Release Candidate
2.18 includes a public beta testing period before official release. So, here are the links for those wanting to help beta-test this version (or just really impatient). No previous beta testing experience is required - it's as simple as playing the game normally and report any bugs you encounter.

The beta testing period will last around 48 hours, aiming for official release of v2.18 (which will include the rest of the platforms and mirrors of course) before Saturday, 8 February
My preferred channel to receive bug reports from beta testers is via Discord. But a reply here would do too.
If you're not interested in beta-testing the game and are not super impatient to try out the new content in this version, it's recommended to just wait a bit more for the final v2.18 releases.
Thank you for all your help!

Change Log:
- The city map will now show actual 3d textured buildings (4 variants of low-rise buildings and 7 variants of skyscrapers), some trees, pavement and some cars on the road. The 3d models for these are all low-poly (due to performance reasons) and still restricted by the lack of terrain data in the OpenStreetMap exports (i.e. can't generate hills or rivers) so they won't look as good as the city builder games made by professional studios for example but they're definitely still a big improvement on the old maps. The new system will also work instantly with all existing maps - no need to redownload anything from the Mega's optional map folder.
- Rework the map lighting to better suit the new 3d models, enable them to drop shadows and make lighting more consistent (no more sudden jump of light level as soon as 6am is reached, weird lighting when a scene moves time forward, or random changes in the map's lighting when you move from one house to another). Incidentally, this also fixes the blue tint for the 3d bedrooms.
- Optimize performance (i.e. minimize FPS loss from the old map to the new map) for the new maps with hierarchical instanced meshes, LODs and occlusion culling
- Add a second default map that will be included with all releases of the game alongside Central London: Central Bath. It's recommended to tick 'Randomize Unknown Buildings' (25%, 25%, 25%, 25%) when using this map - it's small and compact (lots of buildings in a concentrated area to play with). Even at max randomization setting and with the new textured map system, it loads pretty much instantly. Good for quick testing and weaker PCs that don't get good FPS with the Central London map.
- Update the game's start date to January 2020 (the old start date was 2 years ago). This will only affect 'New Game' and not your current saves.

Preview Screenshots for v2.18

Here's some WIP preview screenshots for the upcoming v2.18, which will add 3d textured buildings to the game. The map being shown is Central Bath at different zoom levels in the morning. From v2.18 onwards, Central Bath will be included with all releases as the second default map alongside Central London - being a small and compact alternative to the London map, i.e. the 'performance' map.

Of course this new map system with textured buildings isn't limited to Central Bath or Central London, it will also work instantly with all existing maps - no need to redownload anything from the Mega's optional map folder. 

If you have keen eyes, you may notice that the buildings' meshes get simplified (i.e. less polygons) the further they are to your current view and as the map is zoomed out. That's the LOD system in action - an essential way to optimize performance and limit the FPS loss in the new textured maps compared to our old 'grey building' maps.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Modders' Requests Completed for v2.18
Right from the start of the project, LifePlay is highly moddable by design and the last few months have seen more and more community-made mods being published for the game. As the game's developer, I'm happy to support modders in any way I can, most importantly giving them more 'tools' and 'building blocks' for them to create their mods with, mostly in the form of new API functions.
So far, whenever a modder requested new API functions, I just direct-messaged the modder once they were added to the game - which was a bit of a bad habit because other modders wouldn't then know about those functions to make use of them, especially because I'm also a bit behind in terms of updating the documentation for modding. So, in order to better community these API changes to all modders, I've decided from now on to post a list of new API functions before every release of the game, starting from v2.18.
This list simply shows all the functions that were added. Examples of how to use them are included in the LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_Base\Scenes\meet_random\test.lpscene file. Hopefully, in the next few months, I will be able to catch up on updating the modding documentation to include the new functions too.
Modders' requests completed for v2.18 (check test.lpscene for examples):
- modifyActorVar()
- getPerson(Tag)
- ModLauncher.config for any third-party software to tell the game which mod should start enabled / disabled
Other modders' requests completed in recent previous versions:
- getActorVar() and setActorVar()
- RandomizeRace()
- getMorphValue()
- FilterTalk() and FilterDesc()
- DressBondage()
- setBackground3d()
- Round() and Floor()
- hadSex()
- isRelativeType()

218.jpg

LifePlay v2.18 Released!

Commissioning Animations, Scenes and Maps (Reward For Patrons and Contributors)
Over the course of working on this project, I have received and completed many requests for new animations, scenes and maps, mostly via direct messages on here, on Discord. As appreciation for their support, I have always tried to prioritize these requests if made by patrons and contributors (those who have contributed significantly to the game via modding / promoting the game).

In an effort to encourage more patrons and contributors and to provide patrons and contributors a fair, transparent and guaranteed way to get their feasible ideas for new animations, scenes and maps made and added to the game, I'd like to introduce Commissioning as new rewards for patrons and contributors, which will work like this:

At start of each month, I'll add three posts like below to Patreon asking for commission requests till the end of that month for the following month (for example, commission requests for March have to be in before 28 Feb):

1/ Commission Animations for March (v2.20 and v2.21) commission_anims.JPG
2/ Commission Scenes for March (v2.20 and v2.21) commission_scenes.JPG
3/ Commission Maps for March (v2.20 and v2.21)

(the first two posts have to be made 'Patrons Only' because commission requests probably all contain nudity and other NSFW content, non-patron contributors can commission stuffs by messaging me on Discord / LoversLab)

I will then divide the workload accordingly and make the animations, scenes and maps and add them to the game in either of the two updates in that month (for example, for March, depending on how many commissions in total, I may add all three to v2.20, or do maps and scenes in v2.20 and then do animations for v2.21, etc)

Note that these commissioned animations, scenes and maps will be in addition to whatever new content and features planned for the updates, not instead of. Any new pledges or pledge increases from this new commissioning reward will allow me to dedicate more development hours per week to the project, which will not only go to making commissioned content, but also to working on more ambitious improvements for the overall game to take LifePlay to the next level.
The maximum number of commissions per month for the patron tiers are as follows:

• $1+: 1 map OR 1 scene
  • $3+ : 1 map AND 1 scene
  • $5+ : 2 maps, 2 scenes AND 1 animation (1-2 actors)
  • $10+ or Contributors : 4 maps, 4 scenes, 2 animations (1-2 actors) AND 1 animation (3-5 actors)
  • $15+ : 6 maps, 6 scenes, 3 animations (1-2 actors) AND 1 animation (3-5 actors)
  • $20+ : 8 maps, 8 scenes, 4 animations (1-2 actors) AND 2 animation (3-5 actors)
  • $25+ : 10 maps, 10 scenes, 5 animations (1-2 actors) AND 2 animation (3-5 actors)
  • $30+ : 12 maps, 12 scenes, 6 animations (1-2 actors) AND 3 animation (3-5 actors)
  • $40+ : 16 maps, 16 scenes, 8 animations (1-2 actors) AND 4 animation (3-5 actors)
  • $50+ : 20 maps, 20 scenes, 10 animations (1-2 actors) AND 5 animation (3-5 actors)

Please note the 'and' and 'or': patrons above $3 can indeed commission all these different types of content in the same month, up to the caps mentioned above.

"Money isn't the only way to contribute" has always been a key principle of this project so contributors will be given the same rewards as $10 patrons for the purpose for commissioning, giving them the ability to commission a bit of everything each month. I want to avoid the can of worms of evaluating "who contributes more" and "how much your contribution is worth" so I think it's fairest this way. You'll know you're a contributor if I gave you the 'Contributor' role on LifePlay's Discord server or petitioned to give you the 'Modder' tag