Plans for v3.0 Beta 2 (21 March)
This will be the second update of the five-update v3.0 Interaction and AI Overhaul. It will get rid of the whole 'visual novel' feel of gameplay and move towards a truly 3d lifesim gaming experience:
- Taking any action with a building will now actually 'zoom in' to the building's interior (i.e. the interior presets added back in Beta 1) where you can see your character and NPCs doing things, i.e interacting with that building's furniture and other objects. There's a button to go back to the city map when you want to go somewhere else of course.
- Controllable full 3d camera for both normal interaction (i.e. taking an action with a building) & during any scenes triggered, so that gameplay can flow smoothly between a normal activity and a triggered scene. No more of the 'watching the city map & progress bar, interrupted by random visual novel bits' feel.
- Male and female poses & animations for many furniture & objects added so far in the game (sit on chairs, lie on beds, jog on treadmills, etc) so that characters don't just spawn inside the 3d building and stand there awkwardly.
- Each NPC is now 'alive' and will be at some building somewhere on the map at any point of your playthrough. The sophisticated AI logic and dynamic NPC schedules will come in Beta 3 and 4. For Beta 2, each NPC's current location and current action will simply be completely random, just for the sake of making sure building interiors are populated with people whereever you go.
- In summary, Beta 2 is still a Work-In-Progress beta update as part of our five-update v3.0 overhaul but gameplay-wise it will start to feel like the full 3d lifesim experience that 3.0 is aiming to be, just without the AI logic to make sure NPC's current location and action make sense (In Beta 2 it's just random, you're likely to catch a NPC in a weird place at a weird hour of the day). The scenes will no longer be 'visual novel-esque but instead blend smoothly with the normal interactions and the sex scenes, but because I will still have to go through the hundreds of existing lpscene scene scripts to add new API functions for things like headtracking and walking towards a certain character (will do this in Beta 3 or 4), some scenes may feel a bit 'awkward' for now (characters making wrong eye contact, characters teleporting in, etc)
- The rest of the March commissions from patrons and contributors
- Bug fixes and other improvements
Estimated Release Date: Saturday, 21 March

Preview Screenshots for v3.0 Beta 2

Here are some sneak peek screenshots of some of the new 3d interiors added in Beta 1, now being populated with NPCs who animate and interact with furniture and other objects. For Beta 2, their behavior is completely random still - doing random things with random objects, talking to random other NPCs etc - the more sophisticated AI stuffs will come in Beta 3 and 4. 

More importantly, you may notice that the action menu in each of the screenshots - which means that you're no longer just watching the map and progress bar, instead you have full control over the camera to watch everything happening at your current location, and the transition between a normal activity and a triggered scene is now quite smooth, with scenes now also having free camera. 

Spoiler

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG6.JPG7.JPG8.JPG9.JPG10.JPG11.JPG12.JPG13.JPG14.JPG15.JPG

Public Beta Testing: v3.0 Beta 2 Release Candidate
3.0 Beta 2 includes a public beta testing period before the official release. So, here are the links for those wanting to help beta-test this version (or just really impatient). No previous beta testing experience is required - it's as simple as playing the game normally and report any bugs you encounter.

The beta testing period will last around 36 hours, aiming for official release of v3.0 Beta 2 (which will include the rest of the platforms and mirrors of course) before Saturday, 21 March)

My preferred channel to receive bug reports from beta testers is via Discord. But a reply here would do too.  

If you're not interested in beta-testing the game and are not super impatient to try out the new content in this version, it's recommended to just wait a bit more for the final v3.0 Beta 2 releases.

Thank you for all your help!

Change Log:

This is the second update of the five-update v3.0 Interaction and AI Overhaul. It will get rid of the whole 'visual novel' feel of gameplay and move towards a truly 3d lifesim gaming experience:

- Taking any action with a building will now actually 'zoom in' to the building's interior (i.e. the interior presets added back in Beta 1) where you can see your character and NPCs doing things, i.e interacting with that building's furniture and other objects. There's a button to go back to the city map when you want to go somewhere else of course.

- Controllable full 3d camera for both normal interaction (i.e. taking an action with a building) & during any scenes triggered, so that gameplay can flow smoothly between a normal activity and a triggered scene. No more of the 'watching the city map & progress bar, interrupted by random visual novel bits' feel.  

- Male and female poses & animations for many furniture & objects added so far in the game (sit on chairs, lie on beds, jog on treadmills, etc)  so that characters don't just spawn inside the 3d building and stand there awkwardly.

- A few random NPCs spawning at any location you go to, doing random things, talking to random people and interacting with random objects. The sophisticated AI logic and dynamic NPC schedules will come in Beta 3 and 4.

- WIP stuffs and Transitional Issues as This Update Is Just the Second Part of the Wider Five-Update Overhaul: gameplay-wise it will start to feel like the full 3d lifesim experience that 3.0 is aiming to be, just without the AI logic to make sure NPC's current location and action make sense. The scenes will no longer be 'visual novel-esque but instead blend smoothly with the normal interactions and the sex scenes, but because I will still have to go through the hundreds of existing lpscene scene scripts to add new API functions for things like headtracking and walking towards a certain character  (will do this in Beta 3 or 4), some scenes may feel a bit 'awkward' for now (characters making wrong eye contact, characters teleporting in, etc). No navmesh (basically invisible pointers on the ground to tell the AI where it's safe to walk on) yet also, so characters will teleport between object interaction points for now with no walking in between yet. Not a huge variety of daily activity animations yet also, these will come in the future.

- Bug fixes, modders' requests (Actor.setMorphValue(morph, value)) and other improvements

Here to say I tried it, enjoyed the idea and most it overall but it does still feel very alpha from penis sizes not matching well in various sizes with poses to some the animations and positioning feel a little weird at times with the environment around. Would however suggest you consider simplifying it somewhat more down the road, feel like character generations is way to over complicated for average user who is not deeply into tweak and making advanced character generations, would also suggest making it more simple to navigate map and finding things. Buildings look very much alike perhaps that is how seed generate things, but think it be helpful if you could more easily see what type of buildings is where without having to wait for renders or having to zoom all time to check what building icons pop up. But also maybe add possibility to search for buildings with GPS like marker like games such as GTA V does.

I hope animations and models get more fleshed out with better skins and such similiar to 3DxChat for instance, realize with current level of support and it being open-source it might not happen or be way ahead in the future. But do think it should be considered a long term goal down the road to attract more interest, also feel like the room furniture should be more simplified as someone who use 3Dxchat regularly I can tell it will be too complicated for average user, if you compared to World editor in 3Dxchat and how many find that too complicated.

Anyways that is my thoughts on it after playing it, hope for the best going forward enjoy playing it some and think it has huge potential.

30B2.jpg

LifePlay v3.0 Beta 2 Released!

This is the second update of the five-update v3.0 Interaction and AI Overhaul. It will get rid of the whole 'visual novel' feel of gameplay and move towards a truly 3d lifesim gaming experience:
- Male and female poses & animations for many furniture & objects added so far in the game (sit on chairs, lie on beds, jog on treadmills, etc)  so that characters don't just spawn inside the 3d building and stand there awkwardly.
- A few random NPCs spawning at any location you go to, doing random things, talking to random people and interacting with random objects. The sophisticated AI logic and dynamic NPC schedules will come in Beta 3 and 4.
- WIP stuffs and Transitional Issues as This Update Is Just the Second Part of the Wider Five-Update Overhaul: gameplay-wise it will start to feel like the full 3d lifesim experience that 3.0 is aiming to be, just without the AI logic to make sure NPC's current location and action make sense. The scenes will no longer be 'visual novel-esque but instead blend smoothly with the normal interactions and the sex scenes, but because I will still have to go through the hundreds of existing lpscene scene scripts to add new API functions for things like headtracking and walking towards a certain character  (will do this in Beta 3 or 4), some scenes may feel a bit 'awkward' for now (characters making wrong eye contact, characters teleporting in, etc). No navmesh (basically invisible pointers on the ground to tell the AI where it's safe to walk on) yet also, so characters will teleport between object interaction points for now with no walking in between yet. Not a huge variety of daily activity animations yet also, these will come in the future.

Plans for v3.0 Beta 3 (4 April)
This will be the third update of our 5-update AI and Interaction Overhaul -the 60% progress mark. It will build upon the foundations laid during the first two beta updates and actually start implementing the AI and interaction systems into the game.
- Introduce a new AI system, along with a first bunch of conditional NPC behavior packages. Each NPC will now have somewhere to live, work and/or study and they will be logically somewhere on the map at any point of gameplay (work during the day, home at night, shopping / leisure activities depending on their stats for the rest of the day etc).
- Introduce a new Interaction system where you can physically click on the 3d model of any NPC at your current location and be prompted a list of relevant interactions you can do with that NPC, some of which will directly lead to scenes (i.e. this improves how 'proactive' gameplay feels - less doing random things and hoping for things to trigger). Also add a first bunch of NPC interactions, their conditions & linked scenes to go with this new system.
- These systems are designed in a way that ensures both these first NPC behavior packages and NPC interactions will be editable / moddable right away and easily with any text editors. Modders will also be able to add their own AI packages and interactions that will be picked up automatically by the new systems.
- Add a navigation system for indoor 3d space so that NPCs don't rely 100% on furniture like in Beta 2 to know where to spawn and they can stand idle or wander around too. This also means that player and NPCs will try to walk to rather than just teleporting between objects and dialogue/ interaction targets like in Beta 2. Scenes will feel less awkward than Beta 2 because of this.
- Some very basic physics mostly to aid the navigation system above
- Around half of April's commissions
- In summary, Beta 3 is a major coding effort and will already have most of the core components of the AI and interaction systems planned for v3.0. It will mostly just lack in variety of AI packages and interactions (which will continue to be added in Beta 4 and 3.0 Stable). Scenes will feel less awkward than Beta 2 thanks to the navigation system, although I will still have to go through all the lpscene files and add new API functions so that the scenes fully take advantage of the new fully 3d gameplay and the new AI data.
Estimated Release Date: Saturday, 4 April

30B3.jpg

LifePlay v3.0 Beta 3 Released!

This is the third update of our 5-update AI and Interaction Overhaul -the 60% progress mark. It builds upon the foundations laid during the first two beta updates and actually introduces the AI and interaction systems into the game - alongside navigation to support them.
- Introduce a new AI system, along with the first 17 conditional NPC behavior packages. Each NPC will now have somewhere to live, work and/or study and they will be logically somewhere on the map at any point of gameplay (work during the day, home at night, shopping / leisure activities depending on their stats for the rest of the day etc).
- Introduce a new Interaction system where you can physically click on the 3d model of any NPC at your current location and be prompted a list of relevant interactions you can do with that NPC, some of which will directly lead to scenes (i.e. this improves how 'proactive' gameplay feels - less doing random things and hoping for things to trigger). Also add the first ~40 NPC interactions, their conditions (some of them are even fetish-specific) & linked scenes to go with this new system.
- These systems are designed in a way that ensures both these first NPC behavior packages and NPC interactions will be editable / moddable right away (new lpai format and expandeded lpaction functionality) and easily with any text editors. Modders will also be able to add their own AI packages and interactions that will be picked up automatically by the new systems.
- Add a navigation system for indoor 3d space so that NPCs don't rely 100% on furniture like in Beta 2 to know where to spawn and they can stand idle or wander around too. This also means that player and NPCs will try to walk to rather than just teleporting between objects and dialogue/ interaction targets like in Beta 2. Scenes will feel less awkward than Beta 2 because of this.
- Some very basic physics mostly to aid the navigation system above
- Don't worry, I didn't forget about the April commissions from patrons and contributors - I will do them all and release alongside the second update of April - v3.0 Beta 4 (to be released on Saturday, 18 April). Beta 3 was such a huge workload on its own (AI, interaction and navigation systems in two weeks) that I didn't want to try to 'squeeze in' commissions as well and sacrifice quality. Now that all the systems have been added, Beta 4 will be a much lighter update in terms of my workload so commissions are best completed then. 
- WIP Note as this is only Update 3 of 5 in the Overhaul: In summary, Beta 3 is a major coding effort and introduces most of the core components of the AI and interaction systems planned for v3.0. It will mostly just lack in variety of AI packages and interactions (which will continue to be added in Beta 4 and 3.0 Stable). Scenes will feel less awkward than Beta 2 thanks to the navigation system, although I will still have to go through all the lpscene files and add new API functions in Beta 4 (18 April) so that the scenes fully take advantage of the new fully 3d gameplay and the new AI data (for example, in Beta 4, when random scenes trigger, they will 'prioritize' suitable people currently at your location rather than spawning in someone like currently). If your PC is a bit weaker and you experience some lags while playing Beta 3, don't freak out! Most of the performance optimization work will take place at the end of the overhaul i.e. v3.0 Stable. Beta 3 introduced 3 new systems to the game - they aren't fully optimized yet. 

Plans for v3.0 Beta 4 (18 April)
Originally, I planned v3.0 Beta 4 to focus on adding new API functions to existing scenes to adapt them better to the new fully 3d animated scene system, then the final update of the overhaul (v3.0 Stable) would focus on bug fixes, stability and performance optimization. However, on second thought, I've decided to 'swap' the focus between these last two updates of the v3.0 overhaul, working on stability and performance first in Beta 4 then the API / lpscene stuff in v3.0 Stable. This is because the last two updates Beta 2 and Beta 3 added so many new systems that the game is too buggy right now which prevents many people from trying out the new systems. Besides, in order to ensure the final v3.0 Stable release in early May will actually be 100% stable, it was probably not the best idea originally to leave all the important bug fixes and performance optimizations to the last minute. With that said, here are the plans for v3.0 Beta 4:
- Fix many bugs that have been accumulating over the past two beta updates, with emphasis on the game-breaking ones like that one where people in your contacts randomly changing gender or appearance.
- Improve performance in terms of frames per second by optimizing the game's process of checking and applying AI packages happening in the background
- Improve performance in terms of smoother / more seamless gameplay and less and shorter freezes while the game is loading assets (furniture and clothes) or generating characters into the world, by putting some of the loading processes in the background using the multi-threading system added in Beta 1. For the loading processes that aren't thread-safe and can't be put away in the background, I'll try to change them to occur when the player doesn't feel the impact of the freezes at all or as much.
- Improve compatibility with mods - the aim is for all third-party mods to work with Beta 4 in terms of functionality, with exceptions for a few 'awkward-looking but functional' scenes here and there that will still have to wait for the mod authors to add the new API functions to after v3.0 Stable.
- All commissions (animations, maps and scenes) for April from patrons and contributors
- Other bug fixes and improvements
- Put simply, Beta 4 will be Beta 3 minus the bugs. It will also perform much better both in terms of FPS and less freezes from loading stuffs.
Estimated Release Date: Saturday, 18 April

30B4.jpg

LifePlay v3.0 Beta 4 Released!

- Fix many bugs that have been accumulating over the past two beta updates, with emphasis on the game-breaking ones like that one where people in your contacts randomly changing gender or appearance.
- Improve performance in terms of frames per second by optimizing the game's process of checking and applying AI packages happening in the background
- Improve performance in terms of smoother / more seamless gameplay and less and shorter freezes while the game is loading assets (furniture and clothes) or generating characters into the world, by putting some of the loading processes in the background using the multi-threading system added in Beta 1. For the loading processes that aren't thread-safe and can't be put away in the background, I'll try to change them to occur when the player doesn't feel the impact of the freezes at all or as much.
- All commissions (animations, maps and scenes) for April from patrons and contributors
- Other bug fixes and improvements
- Put simply, Beta 4 is just Beta 3 minus the bugs. It will also perform much better both in terms of FPS and less freezes from loading stuffs.

9 hours ago, Elodie59 said:

Will there be translations coming?

Mods such as being able to create transgender characters?

already in the game. Esc > Edit Character > Female > Genital > Penis

Plans for v3.0 Stable (2 May)
This will be the final update of the 5-part v3.0 AI and Interaction Overhaul and it will focus mostly on making existing scenes work better with the new fully 3d gameplay system with AI NPCs in all locations.
- Change the NPC spawning for scenes so that there can ever one copy of each specific NPC existing in the game at any point (For example, if a scene triggers involving your girlfriend and she's already in the bedroom with you - there shouldn't be a clone of hers being spawned in - but she should simply walk towards you to start the scene). This also ensures that any stat changes to NPCs, whether from scenes or interactions, actually get saved.
- Add a system to prioritize triggering scenes that involve NPCs already in the same location as the player so that scenes feel more relevant and less random.
- Add new API functions myself and modders can use, which allow more control over what characters do during scenes now that they're in a fully 3d space all the time and not in a 'visual novel' scene anymore.
- Add some essential camera auto-adjustments so that you don't end up outside the interior space or in awkward angles (which can happen whenever you move from a big interior to a small interior for example)
- Some further performance optimizations, especially with regards to loading furniture assets, and also in terms of reducing the (currently huge) jump in performance costs between a small map (like Central Bath) and a big map (like Central London)
- Improve compatibility with mods
- Update the Modding docs, not just with the API functions added in this overhaul but also many other undocumented functions that have been accumulating for the past year or so, so that modding is more accessible to everyone
The AI and Interaction Overhaul will be considered 'done' with this v3.0 Stable update, as all the systems and basic assets for them will have all been added and the game will be perfectly playable with the new AI and Interaction gameplay. However, there will continue be a few more future updates spread out in the v3.x versions that add more assets to work with the new systems like more daily activity animations (a bit lacking in variety right now because I only had one update, i.e. v3.0 Beta 2, so far for animating work), more AI packages, more interactions, more 3d location presets etc.
Estimated Release Date: Saturday, 2 May

30Stable.jpg

LifePlay v3.0 Stable Released!

- Change the NPC spawning for scenes so that there can ever one copy of each specific NPC existing in the game at any point (For example, if a scene triggers involving your girlfriend and she's already in the bedroom with you - there shouldn't be a clone of hers being spawned in - but she should simply walk towards you to start the scene). This also ensures that any stat changes to NPCs, whether from scenes or interactions, actually get saved.
- Add a system to prioritize triggering scenes that involve NPCs already in the same location as the player so that scenes feel more relevant and less random.
- Add new API functions myself and modders can use, which allow more control over what characters do during scenes now that they're in a fully 3d space all the time and not in a 'visual novel' scene anymore.
- Add some essential camera auto-adjustments so that you don't end up outside the interior space or in awkward angles (which can happen whenever you move from a big interior to a small interior for example)
- Some further performance optimizations, especially with regards to loading furniture assets, and also in terms of reducing the (currently huge) jump in performance costs between a small map (like Central Bath) and a big map (like Central London)
The AI and Interaction Overhaul is considered 'done' with this v3.0 Stable update, as all the systems and basic assets for them will have all been added and the game will be perfectly playable with the new AI and Interaction gameplay. However, there will continue be a few more future updates spread out in the v3.x versions that add more assets to work with the new systems like more daily activity animations (a bit lacking in variety right now because I only had one update, i.e. v3.0 Beta 2, so far for animating work), more AI packages, more interactions, more 3d location presets etc.

19 hours ago, UghWhatDoIHaveToDo said:

This question might be really stupid, but...

Does this game have pregnancy a la Family Planning Enhanced for Fallout 4?

5 hours ago, Nairos said:

Any gay/lesbian content? It seems to be a straight game from the screenshots

yes to both, quite major parts of the game actually

Plans for v3.1 (16 May)
The first update of the v3.x versions will consist of various UI and quality-of-life improvements, many of which are long overdue anyway but especially needed now that the game is fully 3d and that actor interactions have been introduced. They will hopefully make the game more approachable to new players, and make gameplay feel more fluid to everyone (less repetitive clicking or scrolling for example).
- The action and interaction menus will now be dynamically sorted to minimize the need to scroll down / type in keyword - with your last action (if still applicable) shown first on the list, followed by the rest of the available actions sorted by how often you used them so far in your current save. I find this especially important for the interaction menu with NPCs, which involve a lot of scrolling right now.
- 3d camera with free keyboard + mouse control for the character creation menu and the inventory menu, replacing the old static Zoom and Rotate buttons, so that you can always get the perfect angle while editing / dressing your character and don't have to constantly move your cursor back and forth between the main editor menu and the camera buttons.
- Reduce the load time for maps (i.e. the long "Loading, Please Wait ..." thing after you select a city). The improvement is especially noticeable for the bigger maps.
- Replace the top-left-corner tutorial popups you get at the beginning of the game (which are outdated anyway with so many gameplay changes in the last year) with a separate "New Game with Tutorial" mode accessible from the title screen, which guides new players step by step through the various aspects of the game. This way, experienced players don't get bothered by those popups and new players have their own 'handholding' new game mode that is very easy to follow.
- The hotkeys to open the frequently used menus (namely Esc, Q, I & P) can now be simply pressed again to close such menus, instead of having to find the Finish / Resume button to click on.
- About half of May commissions from patrons, the rest will come in v3.2 (30 May).
Estimated Release Date: Saturday, 16 May

This looks promising! Finally a game where i can have my fetishes "come alive". I always been looking for some game to enact bathroom play or watersports or the like. Maybe this sill be the game that finally succeeds where most others are pretty vanilla or tame. I will have to give this a shot. LL is glad to have a developer like you!

31.jpg

LifePlay v3.1 Released!

- The action and interaction menus will now be dynamically sorted to minimize the need to scroll down / type in keyword - with your last action (if still applicable) shown first on the list, followed by the rest of the available actions sorted by how often you used them so far in your current save. I find this especially important for the interaction menu with NPCs, which involve a lot of scrolling right now.
- 3d camera with free keyboard + mouse control for the character creation menu and the inventory menu, replacing the old static Zoom and Rotate buttons, so that you can always get the perfect angle while editing / dressing your character and don't have to constantly move your cursor back and forth between the main editor menu and the camera buttons.
- Reduce the load time for maps (i.e. the long "Loading, Please Wait ..." thing after you select a city). The improvement is especially noticeable for the bigger maps.
- Replace the top-left-corner tutorial popups you get at the beginning of the game (which are outdated anyway with so many gameplay changes in the last year) with a separate "New Game with Tutorial" mode accessible from the title screen, which guides new players step by step through the various aspects of the game. This way, experienced players don't get bothered by those popups and new players have their own 'handholding' new game mode that is very easy to follow.
- The hotkeys to open the frequently used menus (namely Esc, Q, I & P) can now be simply pressed again to close such menus, instead of having to find the Finish / Resume button  to click on.
- Reset the "Update Only" downloads' version requirement to v3.0 Stable to make the download size smaller and hence more useful. If you didn't play v3.0 Stable, you either need to use the Full v3.1 download for this update or need to apply the "Update From v2.x To v3.0 Stable" first before you apply the v3.1 Update Only file.
- Update the Modding Docs with the new API functions that have been accumulating for the past year
- About half of May commission work: all maps and all scenes, but the scenes haven't been tested. Animations and scene testing will come in v3.2 (30 May)

Plans for v3.2 (30 May)
As explained before, even though the AI and Interaction Overhaul was completed feature-wise back in v3.0 Final earlier this month, I only had one update for animating work during the overhaul (v3.0 Beta 2 back in March) so the daily activity animations and poses are currently quite lacking in variety, mostly restricted to sitting or basic interations with the furniture objects. This results in the player character and NPCs just 'playing musical chairs' most of the time during actions and scenes :) and doesn't really illustrate the '3d life' aspect that well. This will be addressed in the next update v3.2 as well as another two v3.x updates (let's say v3.5 and v3.8 just so they're spread out a bit and the other updates can focus on adult stuffs instead).
- More daily activity animations for the player character and NPCs. Specifically, v3.2 will first focus on basic needs and leisure activities (eat, drink, sleep, dance, sports, etc), while later on, v3.5 will most likely focus on business (working or being served at different types of establishments), and finally v3.8 will focus on paired and scene-specific animations (fighting, messing around before an actual sex scene, etc)
- A system for blending sitting poses and activity animations (for example, instead of making 20 different 'have a snack' animations for 20 different chairs, this system allows the game to just blend the top half of the body from the eating animation with each of the 20 sitting poses.)
- A simple system for spawning additional objects to go with some animations (spawning cutlery and food for eating animation for example) and despawning them after the animation finishes
- 3d meshes and textures for the animated objects above
- The rest of May commissions (i.e. all the commissioned animations)
Estimated Release Date: Saturday, 30 May (with a release candidate for public beta testing at least 24 hours in advance)