17 hours ago, raeleesv said:

After another day of game play here's some suggestions:

* When companions are with us they bear no relevance on the story/outcome. For instance my character visited the prison with her uncle to practice her sneaking skill (and I still have no idea what that was but sounded like something different to do). My character was grabbed and raped by an inmate. Uncle disappeared for the scene and "did nothing". He may as well have not been there/felt like the game forgot he was there. Surely the companion would alter the outcome perhaps stop the situation altogether, or depending on relationship have the option to join in, even to act as "look out" while prisoner attacked. Just a thought. Added to that, there was no change to character's stats after that. It was like "damn, I'm being raped" and a second later "my boss' son calls and wants me to attend party with him"; there's no impact whatsoever. Mood didn't drop. Nothing. Kind of anticlimactic and pointless. Just a random sex scene for the sake of it.

* Apartments don't seem to serve much purpose beyond trigger scenes (since needs to rest/sleep/mood etc don't really deteriorate or bear relevance to a daily life kind of game play like The Sims). It would be good one day to get to a point we can furnish places to our tastes and move about in a 3D or even 2D environment, but since that's a long way off, it would be good to at least be able to choose the backdrop of our apartments since they're basically all the same regardless how much you pay. At least some variation because so far I haven't seen that yet. Same for work; it's the same backdrop. Variety would be good, option to select even better.

* Variation on RP scenes. Okay, this is probably just nit-picking now, and I'm almost certain it will evolve as the game does. For now while there's a range of scenarios already available, it doesn't take too long before you start getting the same ones. And it really does all feel like a 'choose your own adventure' book with little repercussion (beyond pregnancy that I have seen so far) or sense on when they occur. For instance when I'm sleeping my uncle wants to show me a photo of a dog on his phone. How about wait until I'm awake! Nope, I sleep, my uncle shows me his phone, and my UI tells me I'm still asleep... random! If he's going to wake me shouldn't it be of a sexual or other urgent nature like a buglary or home invasion or something? Also there's some untapped scenarios that lend themselves to more opportunities (that maybe I haven't seen yet?): for instance I'm watching TV with my companion and his hands begin to wander, which can lead to rejection or sex. Doing housework which the companion can "help" or I get the option to be annoyed at his inability to help. Sleeping or napping and waking up to feel his hands on me and I have the option to be repulsed and angry or lead to sex. Having a bath or using the bathroom and I see him watching (similar to changing clothes scenrio we already have), where I ask him to join, get pissed off and tell him to stop watching, etc. Even at the bar have a companion buy me a drink or meal and then get mad because he expects sex in payment and I either agree or turn him down, or leaving the bar when I get jumped. Just throwing ideas out there...

* Thoughts and memories. Thinking outside the box here, but when a particular scene happens, are we able to/would we be able to have a memory/thought of it in the form of perhaps a thought bubble above our UI avatar's head? When my character was raped, would have been nice to have her at least think about it. Remember it. Lose a good percentage of her stats (since it would/should have been traumatic), and gives me the player something to work towards in building them all back up again? Just have cause and effect for at least a few days anytime something significant happens that our avatar remembers and has actual repercussions for longer than one scene? Since there are already separate "pages" for adding family members and Inventory, why not have one for memories? Major events are listed on a memories page so we as players can look back at the choices we've made, even have the ability to "share" or build some kind of story from it, something like that. (Loosely thinking of Detroit: Become Human timeline for choices like this, doesn't even need images just something basic will do).

* Ability to rotate camera horizonally as well as vertically during sex scenes. Self explanatory, but the inner pervert in me would love to zoom in on the money shot and is currently unable to see much depending on position (also may help the current clipping that happens when watching someone masturbate and I cam in only to have their body disappear into the background image). 

* Cum layers after sex finishes/cumming. Also self explanatory. It would make the option we already have to bathe necessary then. Plus may add to arousal levels if wearing cum (or decrease it, depending on the scenario), or effect work and social stats if for example you show up wearing a full facial bukkake publically (because in real life people judge!) Just a thought.

I am looking forward to playing more, but even after almost 2 straight days of playing now I'm starting to get to a point where I'm not sure what else there is to do in it that I haven't already done. I'm sure there's plenty, and I'll be honest I do love the incest option so kudos for that ;)

This ^^^

Adding a simple cum overlay that dissapears after a while like Oblivion's LAPF mod or a mesh inside the mouth or over the face like the Oblivion Tamago Discharge mod would be simple to implement yet greatly increase immersion and sex appeal to this game;  the sex scenes are so anticlimactic when they end in nothing. 

Better camera functions would be greatly appreciated too, sometimes the camera is really wierd when you're viewing first person through a character's eyes and you cant properly see what's going on, better panning functions would remedy it.  

Even just adding more backgrounds during scenes would also help the game visually alot too, but I do agree that more RP/trigger scene variations would be awesome!!

A thoughts and memories function would GREATLY increase the RP and sex appeal of the game as well, Oblivions LAPF mod had a sexual diary, it was pretty simple but reading made you horny and immersed you even further.

Had two issues last night:

First, when my character was at work, an "event" happened where the RP text gave me the option to show off my athletic ability. The screen then showed my avatar, and I think it was 5 avatars standing behind me in a line. Out of all of us I was the only one naked. I was at work. Not involved in a sex scene at the time, just working as usual. Being naked (without a sex scene) had to be a glitch since my avatar was the only one out of all of us naked and the text didn't elude to this athletic ability being anything of a sexual nature, just work related.

Second, when given the option to start a sex scene with uncle and NPC dog (I know, I'm a sicko), the dog didn't appear. The dog's name didn't appear either (the name field was blank) but the option to remove it's clothes was there (though the dog obviously wasn't wearing any clothes). In the scene options, the text showed up as "Remove 's clothes" implying that the dog was there just invisible. Camming around and zooming didn't help; he wasn't behind the 2D background, he just wasn't there. 

Another option I considered: my character went to the hairdressers last night and I selected get a haircut option. It would have been nice to have the character editing screen load and I get to select a different hair style. We can buy clothes, why can't we "buy" hair? (or can we I just haven't seen it yet?) I know I can edit other NPCs in the CTRL+P (I think?) screen, but I can't edit my own. That sucks. :(

EDIT: worth mentioning have been playing v1.18, in the process of downloading v1.19 from Patreon as we speak. Maybe above problems have since been rectified. Will keep you posted if they happen again.

Plans for LifePlay v1.20 (9 - 11 Feb)

It's been a while since I last did a graphical update, so here's the plans for v1.20:

- New bump maps for characters, i.e. more realistic muscles, wrinkles and other fine 3d details on the body and face

- New textures for the eyes, giving the characters more 'life'

- Improve the skin shaders

- New apparel pieces that the player and NPCs can wear

- A few NTR-'interspecies' scenes requested by a patron

- Bug fixes and improvements

Estimated Release Date: 9 - 11 Feb

3 hours ago, raeleesv said:

Second, when given the option to start a sex scene with uncle and NPC dog (I know, I'm a sicko), the dog didn't appear. The dog's name didn't appear either (the name field was blank) but the option to remove it's clothes was there (though the dog obviously wasn't wearing any clothes). In the scene options, the text showed up as "Remove 's clothes" implying that the dog was there just invisible. Camming around and zooming didn't help; he wasn't behind the 2D background, he just wasn't there. 

Another option I considered: my character went to the hairdressers last night and I selected get a haircut option. It would have been nice to have the character editing screen load and I get to select a different hair style. We can buy clothes, why can't we "buy" hair? (or can we I just haven't seen it yet?) I know I can edit other NPCs in the CTRL+P (I think?) screen, but I can't edit my own. That sucks. :(

EDIT: worth mentioning have been playing v1.18, in the process of downloading v1.19 from Patreon as we speak. Maybe above problems have since been rectified. Will keep you posted if they happen again.

There's no male on dog animations in the game yet (only female-dog and female-female-dog animations for now), although it's been requested so these should make an appearance some time in the v1.2x versions. 

You can edit your character appearance, including changing hair. Esc > Edit Appearance

Also, I don't do Patreon-exclusive releases, v1.19 is available free for everyone and so will all future latest releases :) 

Thank you for all your detailed feedback. I will certainly incorporate some of the suggestions into the game in the future, especially because a lot of these have been echoed by other players too. Time is a finite resource of course (With $50-60 a month from Patreon, I can only afford to work part-time on the game unfortunately) and I just cannot get to everything sometimes.

4 hours ago, METALSNAKESOLID said:

Higher quality body meshes would improve this game so much

I know this game is a one-man operation, so I know there's limitations as to what can be done at any given time. But I'll second this. Out of interest I searched Patreon the other day for adult gaming content just to see what was out there. Of all the games in production that rake in the highest support and money are those that either excel in writing or excel in graphics, and the rare one or two that seem to juggle both (though content is short or limited for now). Vinfamy has done an amazing job just getting the game to this point. I don't think any of us are arguing that. And as vocal as I have been about what additions I'd love to see (as per my previous rants), I'd second getting the look ironed out before much more content is added at this point, as that may help draw in more support and finances which may help ease the pressure some. Just my two cents. :)

On 2/4/2019 at 7:23 AM, ragdol said:

New apparel sounds nice, some footwear options like sandals for foot fetish lovers? And pretty pleaseeee add cum effects for 1.20?

I'll add cum in v1.21 or v1.22 (i.e. within the next month or so), seems quite long overdue I agree

I'm not sure I have any foot sandals available yet, bokonus on Discord is helping me with clothes models and he's taking people's requests on what to make. Maybe make a request to him?

Is there supposed to me music or sound effects?  I tried skimming the thread but didn't come across anything but I did notice the audiodg service starts when the game does, that usually only starts if there's audio.

Also, I get the "fatal error" crash every now and again, is there a way to bypass that?

5 hours ago, Deviancy said:

Is there supposed to me music or sound effects?  I tried skimming the thread but didn't come across anything but I did notice the audiodg service starts when the game does, that usually only starts if there's audio.

I could be wrong (or deaf), but I don't recall hearing any sounds at all yet. Again, don't quote me. Not sure what's causing the crash though, sorry.

120.png

LifePlay v1.20 Released!

- New bump maps for characters showing finer 3d details on the body and face
- New textures for the eyes, giving the characters more 'life'
- Improve the skin shaders
- New apparel pieces made by bokonus on Discord
- A few NTR-bestiality impregnation scenes requested by a patron

19 hours ago, Deviancy said:

Also, I get the "fatal error" crash every now and again, is there a way to bypass that?

No sound whatsoever in the game yet. I will add it eventually but I will leave that late in the game's development because if added now, it would add a couple hundred MB or so to each future update 

Sounds like the fatal errors are caused by the game running out of memory.

Try play the 32-bit version of the game (assuming you're using the 64 bit version on a 64-bit PC right now). Some 64-bit PCs play nicer with the 32-bit version for some reasons.

Also, try to save memory by closing other windows while playing the game, temporarily disable your anti-virus, etc 

3 hours ago, vinfamy said:

Sounds like the fatal errors are caused by the game running out of memory.

I think that may be the problem, I only have 4 gigs of ram and I'm noticing that my physical memory will be at 25% and when I play the game at times, it does a memory dump and goes down to 19%.  I wasn't aware of a 32 bit version, I'll look into that but will it require a new save?  As for AV programs, I use a old version of Eset and the directory is excluded, I also noticed if I run the game from the binaries folder, the issue happens far less.

3 hours ago, Deviancy said:

I think that may be the problem, I only have 4 gigs of ram and I'm noticing that my physical memory will be at 25% and when I play the game at times, it does a memory dump and goes down to 19%.  I wasn't aware of a 32 bit version, I'll look into that but will it require a new save?  As for AV programs, I use a old version of Eset and the directory is excluded, I also noticed if I run the game from the binaries folder, the issue happens far less.

Saves should be compatible between the 32-bit and 64-bit version, youll just have to copy the LifePlay/Content/Saves folder to the 32-bit folder's LifePlay/Content/

Plans for LifePlay v1.21 (21 - 23 Feb)
This update will expand on one of the first and most popular optional fetish added to the game:
- Give ways for the player to proactively interact with family members and initiate incest relationships, rather than having to wait for randomly triggered scenes to grind the tension stat like currently
- New dialogues/ moans and erotic descriptions during sex scenes to reflect their incest nature
- New scenes (i.e. scenarios/ storylines) for incest content
- Sneaking mini-game for all sneaking / peeping situations in the game (skippable for those that don't like it)
- Alternate start (a new option on the main menu under 'New Game') to play the game as a male-to-female transformation character

121.png

LifePlay v1.21 Released!

- Give ways for the player to proactively interact with family members and initiate incest relationships (select your home > Spend time with family), rather than having to wait for randomly triggered scenes to grind the tension stat like previously
- New dirty talks and erotic descriptions during sex scenes to reflect their incest nature
- New scenes (i.e. scenarios/ storylines) for incest content
- Sneaking mini-game for all sneaking / peeping situations in the game (skippable for those that don't like it)
- Alternate start (a new option on the main menu under 'New Game') to play the game as a male-to-female transformation character
- New API functions for modders: CountPregnancyDays(), isInterestedInMen(), isInterestedInWomen(), isInterestedinTrans(), isStraight(), isGay()

On 2/21/2019 at 12:48 PM, vinfamy said:

LifePlay v1.21 Released!

- Give ways for the player to proactively interact with family members and initiate incest relationships (select your home > Spend time with family), rather than having to wait for randomly triggered scenes to grind the tension stat like previously

I played 1.21 for a few hours last night, I like some of the new features in the main game, haven't tried the Alternate Start game as of yet and not sure if I will, not my cup of tea really.

Curious, am I the only one currently playing this fun game? 

Anywho, the features I'd like to see next would be the ability to apply actual makeup like lipstick and eyeliner and the ability to speed up pregnancy by more than 3x, I think 3x is the limit and it doesn't really seem to make things go faster, I got to day 15 by fast forwarding and didn't notice any changes so I re-loaded an old save.

On 2/21/2019 at 3:48 PM, vinfamy said:

Hmmmm, well now there is an idea:

Any way to have an alternate start in the future where you play as the offspring of an incestual coupling with all the implies? Extra points if it's from an affair or cheating relationship.

9 hours ago, Deviancy said:

and the ability to speed up pregnancy by more than 3x, I think 3x is the limit and it doesn't really seem to make things go faster, I got to day 15 by fast forwarding and didn't notice any changes so I re-loaded an old save.

On my not main saves if want faster pregnancy I set it to 0.25 or 0.2 4x and 5x respectively this seems to work good on shorter playthroughs hope that helps.

Ive come across a bug in the text while playing as a woman then asking your brother, step brother, uncle, father etc to be your boyfriend and they accept they disapear for a second then going into contacts it says either sis/boyfrined mum/bf auntie/bf etc honestly have no idea whats causing it but ive done several tests on multiple saves.

Edit: The other way around works fine.

10 hours ago, SgtLolcakes said:

Ive come across a bug in the text while playing as a woman then asking your brother, step brother, uncle, father etc to be your boyfriend and they accept they disapear for a second then going into contacts it says either sis/boyfrined mum/bf auntie/bf etc honestly have no idea whats causing it but ive done several tests on multiple saves.

Edit: The other way around works fine.

Sounds like just a silly mistake on my part. I'll get this fixed by the next release.

What about during scenes after you start the incest relationship, is the text in brackets next to your boyfriend's name whenever it's his dialogue line correct or is that reverse gender too?

Just a couple of comments from my last playthrough (I've got 1.21.64):

After asking my sister to marry me, nothing else seems to be happening.  She randomly vanished from my apartment and the 'Where do you want to go?' menu (from 'Visit with Relatives' bugged out; clicking on any of the buttons just dropped me back to the 'Where' menu, and the 'Have a shower' and 'Put a camera in the bathroom' messages just dumped back to the map screen with no dialogue or animations.

Also (and I realize that this is entirely my personal taste), the 'dirty talk' text feels a bit....forced, sometimes -- like the speaker is attempting to 'sound sexy', but trying a bit too hard.  It would be nice to have an option to disable the dirty talk, if there isn't already one available.

Also, the LifePlay project firmly refuses to load (at least for me) on Unreal Engine 4.21.2.  It reaches 'generating code', and then the engine throws an error saying that it 'can't compile properly' and throws up a huge list of errors (Specifically, the error returned by the engine is with StreetMap: the log says two of StreetMap's precompiled headers are missing,  which causes the engine to return an error message: 'UActorFactory base class undefined'.  I'll plug my error log into the message so you can properly track the issue. 

It's still possible to copy the UAsset files into a fresh project, though I haven't tested to see if it will still function when the files are loaded that way.

LifePlay Error Log.txt