Do maps need to be updated for 2.0 stable?  I get a UE4 hang when I start a new game with the Berlin or Boston maps.  Right at the point where you hit confirm in the character creator and should go to the map to start the game.  Central London starts fine.  I've checked and the assets are in the same place as the Central London map assets.  For now I'm just playing in London but wondered if something needs updating or is it just on my end.

5 hours ago, Sagebrush61 said:

Do maps need to be updated for 2.0 stable?  I get a UE4 hang when I start a new game with the Berlin or Boston maps.  Right at the point where you hit confirm in the character creator and should go to the map to start the game.  Central London starts fine.  I've checked and the assets are in the same place as the Central London map assets.  For now I'm just playing in London but wondered if something needs updating or is it just on my end.

Try this 

LifePlay__2_0_HOTFIX.zip

2.0 FREEZE FIX FOR NON-LONDON USERS:
MEGA - MEDIAFIRE
(Apply this patch also if you're planning to play with a map other than the default Central London. The new recommended actions feature seems to cause freezes with some optional maps - I'll work on this compatibility issue in v2.1. This patch will simply remove this new feature for now so that you can play with your non-London map. If you're just using the default Central London map, you should be fine using the recommended actions feature and not having to apply this patch.)

Public Beta Testing for Future Versions
After some recent releases that required hotfixes, I realize that the game has reached a level of complexity that it is no longer good enough for just me to test the game myself on my one PC before each release anymore. Therefore, all the future versions will go through a public beta testing period before official release, as follows:
- 36 to 72 hours before an update's planned release (so if the ETA is a Saturday, the beta would drop on Wed/Thur/Fri), I will post a beta version for it publicly on Discord, Patreon, LoversLab. 
- The file posted for beta testing will always be a 64-bit Update Only (i.e. requiring LP 2.0 64-bit or later) uploaded to Mega.nz only . This file should be less than 200 mb for the foreseeable future, allowing for quick uploading by me and quick downloading by the beta testers
- Everyone is welcome to help beta-test the game on any of the four channels above. No previous experience / technical knowledge is required - it's simply playing the game and reporting any bugs you encounter. As different people have different character builds / play styles / PC specs / optional maps they use, the more people test the game, the more likely the bugs and crashes are to be detected before the final releases. 
- My preferred place to receive beta-testing feedbacks is the 'beta-testing' channel on the game's Discord server (click here to join), simply because Discord allows for quick communications back and forth - easier to get to the bottom of the issue that way.
- If you intend to help beta-test the game via Discord, you can let me know so via a post / DM on there so that I can add you to the 'tester' role, which will allow me to mention @tester and notify you immediately whenever a beta version is available
- If you want to help beta-test the game but are only active on LoversLab, please subscribe to the respective threads for the game on these forums as I will post each beta version in a post in the threads, without updating the OP to avoid people not intending to beta-test to pick it up expecting it to be stable 
- Once the bugs have been detected and fixed via beta testing, I will release the final version as usual with all the platforms and mirrors (i.e. Full & UpdateOnly, 32-bit / 64-bit / Linux, Mega / Mediafire / NoFile). This should still make the planned release date (i.e. a Saturday).

• 2 weeks later...

2.0 Crash Fix & Plans for 2.1 (8 June)
First of all, here's the stability patch for LP 2.0 for those that experience the 'Fatal Error' crashes : 
MEGA - MEDIAFIRE

Secondly, here's the plans for the upcoming 2.1 version:
- First set of new sex animations made specifically for the new models, using the new rigs. These will look much better than most of the ones currently in the game, which were initially made for the old 'Legacy' models then converted.
- First implementation of physics in the game: boob jiggles during sex animations
- Average bust and penis size settings in the "Customize NPC Distribution" menu
- Improve the 'Recommended Actions' feature and resolve its compatibility issues with some non-London maps
- Bug fixes and other improvements, with a public beta testing period 
Estimated Release Date: 8 June, with a Release Candidate version released 36 - 48 hours in advance for public beta testing

3 hours ago, Feckless said:

How the heck do you buy clothes?  No clothing stores exist on the map (used the search function).  When I try to edit the buildings to become clothing stores, nothing happens.

If there are no clothing stores you can edit a ? building into one. Worked for me:

i_view64_2019-06-05_00-42-41.png.aee1075285907186f45074c1476d1eb4.png

i_view64_2019-06-05_00-42-57.png.d8142c8cd4ad1a972ac837be6cbf18bc.png

21.jpg

LifePlay v2.1 Released!

- 20 new sex animations made specifically for the new models, using the new rigs. I think these look much better than the ones included so far in the game, which were initially made for the old 'Legacy' models then converted.
- First implementation of physics in the game: boob jiggles during sex animations. They look pretty good with the new animations above IMHO (especially the new reverse cowgirl ones)
- Average bust and penis size settings in the "Customize NPC Distribution" menu
- Improve the 'Recommended Actions' feature and resolve its compatibility issues with some non-London maps

This might be a silly question, but I've immersed my character in a life of crime and I've noticed that the "The homeowner is kind of hot..." button is always greyed out during home invasions. Is there a special requirement for that option?

50 minutes ago, shar181 said:

This might be a silly question, but I've immersed my character in a life of crime and I've noticed that the "The homeowner is kind of hot..." button is always greyed out during home invasions. Is there a special requirement for that option?

this option leads down the rape route so you need to have enabled the Rape module in Ctrl + M

It also only allows for male-on-female rape unfortunately, I made female-on-male and gay/lesbian rape animations a while back but forgot to remove the conditions in that scene

20 minutes ago, vinfamy said:

this option leads down the rape route so you need to have enabled the Rape module in Ctrl + M

It also only allows for male-on-female rape unfortunately, I made female-on-male and gay/lesbian rape animations a while back but forgot to remove the conditions in that scene

That explains it. x3 My character is trans.

Edit:

Something else you might have overlooked is that in some scenes, the animations won't play (by default) for trans characters. In particular, the shower and non-consensual scenes. I needed to hit the "random animation" button for the shower to work, and in non-con scenes the only animation on the list was "carry", or various lesbian animations if I hit the "random" button!

8 hours ago, redrustred said:

Hey dude, awesome game, it would be cool as a quality of life feature, if you can implement some tool tip for options that are greyed out, so I would know why I can't select certain options.

good point. will add

• 2 weeks later...

22.jpg

LifePlay v2.2 Released!

- 32 new sex animations made specifically for the new models, including:
++ 7 Lesbian animations
++ 9 Anal Male-Female animations
++ 6 Male-Male-Female threesome animations
++ 10 Male-Female-Female threesome animations
- Hide the in-scene character generation and dressing process away from the player's view (so that you no longer have to see NPCs naked and in T-pose for a second before the clothes appear and the idle animation starts whenever they show up in a scene)
- More fatal error crash preventions, tested by beta testers before release
- Bug fixes and other improvements

Plans for v2.3 (6 July)
LifePlay v2.3 will be another " new & improved animations for the new character models" update that covers many of the remaining sex scene types that 2.1 and 2.2 haven't covered. Don't worry, I realize that too many consecutive animation-only updates could be boring so after this v2.4 will be a 'new fetish' type of update (most probably: introducing bondage to the game at last!). Anyway, first things first, here are the plans for 2.3:
- ~30 new animations, made specifically for the new character models so that they look much better than the old converted ones, covering:
1/ aggressive male-female animations
2/ aggressive male-female animations (i.e. Femdom)
3/ gangbang (1 woman, 3+ men) animations
4/ solo / masturbation animations for male, female and shemale characters 
(Obviously even after this third animation update, not all types of sex scenes will have been covered yet. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about reverse gangbang, gay, shemale and 'interspecies' animations - they will be covered in future updates, probably around v2.7, v2.8, etc)
- Improve the optional first person POV cameras for sex scenes (accessed by right click anywhere > Switch camera, but this feature has admitted been somewhat forgotten since v1.2 and desperately needs improving, especially now that the new animations are good enough to make first person viewpoint visually appealing)
- New Esc > Settings option to "When Possible, Use Only New Animations" for those that prefer quality to quantity in their sex scenes or just can't stand the old converted animations.
- Bug fixes and other improvements, with a public beta testing period of at least 36 hours before release
Estimated Release Date: 6 July

Hello Vinfamy,

This game looks very promising and it's cool that you are making it open source and highly mod-able.

I've download the source code from Git hub and am trying to open it in Unreal Engine but I get errors and the project never opens. It gives me the following error:

Missing LifePlay Moduels

The models are missing or built with a different engine

LifePlay

ModdingExtra

StreetMapRuntime

StreetMapImporting

I've looked through this thread and the Git hub site but I've not found any info on how to get the project loaded to Unreal. Do you have a guide or any advice? I'm not sure if I just did not download it correctly from Git hub or what, I've not found any other open source Unreal projects to compare it to.

Thanks!

On 6/29/2019 at 6:27 AM, Wulfgar3D said:

Hello Vinfamy,

This game looks very promising and it's cool that you are making it open source and highly mod-able.

I've download the source code from Git hub and am trying to open it in Unreal Engine but I get errors and the project never opens. It gives me the following error:

Missing LifePlay Moduels

The models are missing or built with a different engine

LifePlay

ModdingExtra

StreetMapRuntime

StreetMapImporting

I've looked through this thread and the Git hub site but I've not found any info on how to get the project loaded to Unreal. Do you have a guide or any advice? I'm not sure if I just did not download it correctly from Git hub or what, I've not found any other open source Unreal projects to compare it to.

Thanks!

You need Unreal Engine 4.20.x (you can pick the specific version in Epic Game Launcher) and Visual Studio

Is there a way to greatly reduce the number of events which add opportunities to add new contacts to your list and increase the number of events where you encounter or interact with people you already know?  I feel like the entire population of the city are my new neighbors and people I hang out with seem to want to introduce me to their competition for my charaters affections.  I know there is a setting which affects the frequency of events but I'd kind of like to change the ratio of new contact "events" to interactions with existing contacts.

15 hours ago, Sagebrush61 said:

Is there a way to greatly reduce the number of events which add opportunities to add new contacts to your list and increase the number of events where you encounter or interact with people you already know?  I feel like the entire population of the city are my new neighbors and people I hang out with seem to want to introduce me to their competition for my charaters affections.  I know there is a setting which affects the frequency of events but I'd kind of like to change the ratio of new contact "events" to interactions with existing contacts.

yes, go to LifePlay\Content\Modules\vin_Base\Scenes\meet_random , open meet_old_person and meet_new_person with any text editors and change the number in the timeout line at the bottom of each file to what you want

23.jpg

LifePlay v2.3 Released!

- 31 new animations, made specifically for the new character models so that they look much better than the old converted ones, covering:
1/ 11 new aggressive male-female animations
2/ 8 new aggressive female-male animations (i.e. Femdom)
3/ 5 new gangbang (1 woman, 3 or 4 men) animations
4/ 7 new solo / masturbation animations
(Obviously even after this third animation update, not all types of sex scenes will have been covered yet. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about reverse gangbang, gay, shemale and 'interspecies' animations - they will be covered in future updates, probably around v2.7, v2.8, etc)
- Improve the optional first person POV cameras for sex scenes (accessed by right click anywhere > Switch camera), mostly importantly: eliminate the camera shakes
- New Esc > Settings option for "New Animations Only" for those that prefer quality to quantity in their sex scenes or just can't stand the old converted animations.
- More flexible animation filtering for shemales - they can now use the normal female animations (the new femdom animations work quite well with shemale-male scenes for example) in addition to the ones made specifically for shemales
- Some new API functions requested by modders