2 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

Max slider values can be changed in the MCM config.json file if so desired.  Find the entry for "Sex Reputation Decay" and enter whatever new max value you want.  Be sure to change your in-game setting afterwards too.

Just a question, isn't it best to also check against the script as well to be sure that the value is acceptable. I'm thinking here if someone tries using a floating value but the script expects an integer, or perhaps if the script has a range and the value is increased beyond that range?

25 minutes ago, Slorm said:

Just a question, isn't it best to also check against the script as well to be sure that the value is acceptable. I'm thinking here if someone tries using a floating value but the script expects an integer, or perhaps if the script has a range and the value is increased beyond that range?

That's a good point about the int versus float, since in general you will likely generate errors by changing an integer input into a decimal input.  In this specific case, of course, the variable is already a float value so it doesn't matter.

As to checking through the script ahead of time, it certainly won't hurt anything to look.  However I think the odds of finding such an issue are fairly small as long as you use a little sense (i.e. don't change percent chance sliders outside the range of 0-100, don't change positive numbers to negative, etc).  In my experience, most min/max values are only in place for gameplay or balance purposes.

Also if you make a change and suddenly the mod stops working correctly, well, you know what you did; change it back and reload the last save.  ?

7 hours ago, Slorm said:

You can reset it through the console:

set fpa_value_sexreputation to x

Where x is the value you want to set

To further increase the decay rate you'd need to amend the scripts and recompile

Damn, was trying player.setav fpa_value_sexreputation. Thanks

5 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

Max slider values can be changed in the MCM config.json file if so desired.  Find the entry for "Sex Reputation Decay" and enter whatever new max value you want.  Be sure to change your in-game setting afterwards too.

Tried that. Set the max to 10, loaded up the game and still couldn't raise it above 0.2.

On 6/26/2022 at 4:35 AM, m0rdr3d0 said:

I did some investigation and it's definitely that PTSD effect triggers VATS game freeze if playing on Survival. The culprit is simple "PlayerRef.equipitem(FPA_PTSDPotion, false, true)" line. As per detailed description in VATS Freeze Fix mod that I linked in my previous post, equipping potions in VATS freezes the game in Survival mode. Before invoking PTSD effect, there should be a check for VATS mode (IsMovementControlsEnabled() function) or use helper function from VATS Freeze Fix to queue the PTSD potion.

Right now, PTSD on Survival makes game literally unplayable for characters that rely on VATS.

Interesting.  I haven't gotten the freeze yet in survival.  I do have one of the freeze fixes installed. 

One of the problems with the freeze fix was if you install it while the game mode is still survival, you had to make a new game, change it to non survival, save it, and then go back into survival.  Something like that.  Haven't had a freeze since (well, and I also stopped using AN2 a while back, which supposedly the freeze fix wasn't compatible with)  So either i've been lucky or something else is going on.

Edited by Sgt. Marge
On 7/26/2022 at 7:14 PM, Sgt. Marge said:

Interesting.  I haven't gotten the freeze yet in survival.  I do have one of the freeze fixes installed. 

One of the problems with the freeze fix was if you install it while the game mode is still survival, you had to make a new game, change it to non survival, save it, and then go back into survival.  Something like that.  Haven't had a freeze since (well, and I also stopped using AN2 a while back, which supposedly the freeze fix wasn't compatible with)  So either i've been lucky or something else is going on.

Welp.  Now I remember where I read this.  I just got the VATS freeze in survival as well.  Thanks for your detailed post @m0rdr3d0   Hopefully this is something that can get resolved.  :)

Edit:  I tried turning off PTSD in the MCM but the issue happened again just like in the screen shot below. 

Spoiler

image.png.1e85d2cbdeec0609778abac84e605e8b.png

Edited by Sgt. Marge
15 hours ago, Sgt. Marge said:

Welp.  Now I remember where I read this.  I just got the VATS freeze in survival as well.  Thanks for your detailed post @m0rdr3d0   Hopefully this is something that can get resolved.

I was digging through the TSEX script sources for some mod integrations I'm working on, and noticed in some places it checks whether the player is in VATS and avoids applying potions if so, with code comments about working around a base game limitation/freeze bug. Maybe the problem here is similar.

3 hours ago, vaultbait said:

I was digging through the TSEX script sources for some mod integrations I'm working on, and noticed in some places it checks whether the player is in VATS and avoids applying potions if so, with code comments about working around a base game limitation/freeze bug. Maybe the problem here is similar.

It seems if I enter VATS prior to the PTSD firing it does not freeze.  And if I wait till after the message hits, it also doesn't freeze.  I just so happened to hit it right on the money twice in a row with the same bloodbug :)

So for now I'll just have to time it.

I'm considering trying to get Dr. Neura to reset, and then turn PTSD back off again and then maybe it'll stop.  But right now turning it off didn't change anything.

Hi everyone,

I don't know why but i am getting some massive perception debuffs. I don't know if it has to do with this mod.

my perception is supposed to be 5 but now its 3 (-). If i disable the psychological effects, it becomes 1 (-). I think my will power makes it 3, so becomes 1 if i disable it.

Some permanent debuffs....

I don't remember disabling Sex attributes at any point.

Edit: I got the perception bug because i used MedX with poison

Edited by bbob123121212
13 hours ago, handsome2 said:

what is "sex level"?

It's a sort of "sexperience" where you accumulate points for various sexual events and, once you pass a certain threshold, you get flagged as a sex addict (so you crave sexual gratification, non-consensual sex doesn't incur as much trauma, and so on). Your sex level also decays over time as you abstain from sexual activities, and once it falls low enough your sex addiction fades away again with it.

5 hours ago, vaultbait said:

It's a sort of "sexperience" where you accumulate points for various sexual events and, once you pass a certain threshold, you get flagged as a sex addict (so you crave sexual gratification, non-consensual sex doesn't incur as much trauma, and so on). Your sex level also decays over time as you abstain from sexual activities, and once it falls low enough your sex addiction fades away again with it.

thx 4 the feedback

naming it as sex addiction level would be self-explanatory
i would have thought lvl it up would lead to good/cool thing

19 hours ago, handsome2 said:

thx 4 the feedback

naming it as sex addiction level would be self-explanatory
i would have thought lvl it up would lead to good/cool thing

According to the mod description, these are the specific (de)buffs from sex addiction:

- 4 Intelligence, 2x Sex reputation gain from being observed. -50% stats lost from being victim of sex assault (since the player kind of enjoys it), arousal increases by 2x, arousal no longer decreases during sleep

[Update #1]

The issue was on my end. Forget I said anything!

[OLD - Ignore]

Short question... Why does toggle sex type hotkey only switch between aggressive and consensual but not playerraped? Is the issue on my end or is it supposed to be like that?

Edited by rubber_duck
Fixed

Would it be possible to have an option to lessen the impacts of the attributes?

Thanks to negative effects of having low spirit and sub/dom etc my character can't pass any speech checks which gets annoying after time (especially when trying to use Crime and Punishment's solicitation feature)

15 minutes ago, Blue Astra said:

Would it be possible to have an option to lessen the impacts of the attributes?

Thanks to negative effects of having low spirit and sub/dom etc my character can't pass any speech checks which gets annoying after time (especially when trying to use Crime and Punishment's solicitation feature)

I've noticed similar. Even with effective charisma in the 20+ range I'm unable to pass simple speech checks after a while. I don't know that the penalties necessarily need to be lessened, but perhaps ways to counter them (even temporarily) would be nice. It would be great if there were some combination of bonuses I could leverage to overcome a speech check, at least with sufficient amounts of effort expended in order to do so.

What about something like the willpower lockpicking/hacking/carry weight mechanic, where spending willpower makes speech checks easier to pass?

Edit: On a related note, a portable means of increasing willpower would be helpful too. For example if drinking alcoholic beverages increased your willpower slightly or something, rather than merely reducing trauma effects.

Edited by vaultbait

I don't entirely know if it's something with this mod or another one I've got, but my submissive characters seem to have a harder time persuading people. Even at 10 charisma I've been failing a lot more. Like easy (yellow) persuasion attempts feel like medium (orange), medium feels like hard (red), and hard is like impossible. It's entirely possible that the attempts have just been randomly bad this time around but part of me wonders if my submissive character is just going to have a hard time with persuasion in general.

1 hour ago, i0Bjhansen0 said:

I don't entirely know if it's something with this mod or another one I've got, but my submissive characters seem to have a harder time persuading people. Even at 10 charisma I've been failing a lot more. Like easy (yellow) persuasion attempts feel like medium (orange), medium feels like hard (red), and hard is like impossible. It's entirely possible that the attempts have just been randomly bad this time around but part of me wonders if my submissive character is just going to have a hard time with persuasion in general.

See the posts immediately before yours, that's precisely what we were already talking about.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

See the posts immediately before yours, that's precisely what we were already talking about.

Oh whoops. Like I could understand being a dom/sub would greatly affect threatening/extortion persuasion attempts, but something like you asking mama murphy for more information (deathclaw or the whereabouts of shaun) shouldn't matter as you're persuading them to help you.

twisted, one thing would be great if it didn't cause any trouble.

I always play without showing the sex level. I could well imagine that the actress will realize in time that she is becoming a slut. Could you add a little advance warning as a message? For example a few steps before level 60? She realizes she's getting sex addicted and if she doesn't want to then it's time for some away missions ;)

The handicap of sex addiction is severe (and that's a good thing), but that way I can decide if she wants it.

Alternatively the level indicator, yes, but I don't find that immersive.

Hey.

Great mod, I love it.

A little idea about ptsd (i don't know if it is doable, just wondering). In the description of ptsd it apparently affects ap regen and the damage dealt to you. What if it drained your willpower also to keep fighting, and if you have aaf violate installed, it could cause a surrender if it reaches 0.

Anyway, thx for the mod!