SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

17 hours ago, Elysian97m said:

Oh! I thought it was the Furniture mod. Well in that case, are there any chance permanent zap style bodnage furniture packs for se?

ZAP includes both the animations as well as the furniture itself. But, at least as far as I know, it doesn't actually place the furniture around Skyrim. If you are looking for that, there are a few mods around doing that (each requiring ZAP)- Bondage Furniture World (a bit buggy for me), Chainbeasts or Whiterun Immersive Sexual Playground come to my mind.
Also, Kimy is working on Devious Devices - Contraptions, which is independent from ZAP, and will get a SSE port. Eventually. ?

So, I tested every single mod that are supposed to have problems when plugins are converted to Form 44, notably Animal Mansion Redux, More Nasty Critters (with CF 1.1.0) etc... I found 0 problem with scripts, 0 problem with quests, 0 problem with dialogues. I have concluded that the people who converted the file did something wrong in the process. Also, I have also not encountered any problem with SexLab mods that have evidence pointing directly to SKSE version 2.0.19.

On 9/3/2020 at 9:50 AM, Elysian97m said:

Oh! I thought it was the Furniture mod. Well in that case, are there any chance permanent zap style bodnage furniture packs for se?

19 hours ago, past79 said:

ZAP includes both the animations as well as the furniture itself. But, at least as far as I know, it doesn't actually place the furniture around Skyrim. If you are looking for that, there are a few mods around doing that (each requiring ZAP)- Bondage Furniture World (a bit buggy for me), Chainbeasts or Whiterun Immersive Sexual Playground come to my mind.
Also, Kimy is working on Devious Devices - Contraptions, which is independent from ZAP, and will get a SSE port. Eventually. ?

Furniture will also be included in DCL 9.0, it will make use of the contraptions mod.

And it was just announced that contraptions will be included with DD5.

Now all we need to do is convert them once they're released. I do plan on doing DCL, and I expect I'll be working with Pfiffy on the DD. So it will be in the works. Maybe not fast, since we need to consolidate the patches and bodyslides as well as do the new stuff, but we will get there.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/dcl-9-and-40527330

https://www.patreon.com/posts/announcing-5-0-41242168

1 hour ago, zarantha said:

Furniture will also be included in DCL 9.0, it will make use of the contraptions mod.

And it was just announced that contraptions will be included with DD5.

Now all we need to do is convert them once they're released. I do plan on doing DCL, and I expect I'll be working with Pfiffy on the DD. So it will be in the works. Maybe not fast, since we need to consolidate the patches and bodyslides as well as do the new stuff, but we will get there.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/dcl-9-and-40527330

https://www.patreon.com/posts/announcing-5-0-41242168

Nice!

8 hours ago, Duncan Idaho said:

I had this installed and IIRC it worked but Sexlab Survival has disparity built in and I use that instead. 

I don't get this though. They're nothing alike. SLS statically modifies all NPCs in the game on a strict gender basis

SLD modifies the PC stats (only) dynamically, based off changing circumstances like boob size, worn devices, arousal, etc.

Arguably, the replacement for SLS disparity is the original nexus-based Disparity mod, which is about gender differences.

But @Monoman1 did post that he would put a buff/debuff for boob size in SLS in the next release (or has released that now, I'm not quite sure) but it's a new feature. Maybe that changes things, and you're referring to that? But I have a feeling that wasn't the intention.

But I guess if people think that SLS makes SLD unnecessary, I don't need to bother releasing any updates to it, so that's a bit less bother for me.

5 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

But I guess if people think that SLS makes SLD unnecessary, I don't need to bother releasing any updates to it, so that's a bit less bother for me.

Sorry, no offense intended, it's just I'm at the maximum mods my PC can run so I can't run all the mods I would like. Also it's been awhile since I used SLD and I may have forgotten how good it is. On one hand I prefer focused mods that do a few things very well but going that route means running more mods and I don't mess with Bash patches or any of that because I change things too often. Now I want to make room and install SLD again. 

12 hours ago, Duncan Idaho said:

it's just I'm at the maximum mods my PC can run

You need to merge more mods. I maxed out around the new year and then did a bunch more merging and opened up about thirty slots without a lot of effort, while actually adding a lot of new mods at the same time.

2 hours ago, Electric Aether said:

how can I tell if I hit the max amount of mods?

The max valid plugin ID is 254 and plugins count from zero. ID 255 is not allowed, so IDs 0 to 254 are valid, allowing 255 plugins.

Skyrim base and update ESM consume two slots of the possible 255. Dawnguard, Heathfires and Dragonborn three more if you have them.

That means you can add 250 LE-style mods.

If you look in MO, the right pane will tell you your "mod index". If you look in NMM, it's the plugin order pane.

SSE also allows lightweight plugins that can share a slot.

36 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

The max valid plugin ID is 254 and plugins count from zero. ID 255 is not allowed, so IDs 0 to 254 are valid, allowing 255 plugins.

Skyrim base and update ESM consume two slots of the possible 255. Dawnguard, Heathfires and Dragonborn three more if you have them.

That means you can add 250 LE-style mods.

If you look in MO, the right pane will tell you your "mod index". If you look in NMM, it's the plugin order pane.

SSE also allows lightweight plugins that can share a slot.

thanks traveler

Can someo native speaker write a clear comment about this damn rotten 44/43 header thing?

While some people are still praying that old 'All ESP's must be resaved' prayer over and over again, others pray 'there is absolutly no use of doin it' and both are wrong....

The truth is somewhere in the middle and I need an understandable text which reflects this......

43/44 thing is generally accepted to be just noise. Skyrim SE is perfectly happy with either.

I do find benefit to saving converted games in the SE Creation Kit. Any errors it finds will be corrected - hopefully.

Always follow up with SEEDIT error check - and go back in and fix any errors it finds.

1 minute ago, fred200 said:

43/44 thing is generally accepted to be just noise. Skyrim SE is perfectly happy with either.

I do find benefit to saving converted games in the SE Creation Kit. Any errors it finds will be corrected - hopefully.

Always follow up with SEEDIT error check - and go back in and fix any errors it finds.

That is the point. It seems like the discussion is comming up again. I see it in several posts. 

A) A lot of mods will work reliable without resaving.

B) While it is a good practice, you should only do it if you are able to fix errors (and some of them are produced by the CK)

When ever I start writing something like this, I end up struggeling with words....

29 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

Can someo native speaker write a clear comment about this damn rotten 44/43 header thing?

While some people are still praying that old 'All ESP's must be resaved' prayer over and over again, others pray 'there is absolutly no use of doin it' and both are wrong....

The truth is somewhere in the middle and I need an understandable text which reflects this......

As previously stated:

"For the vast majority of LE mods, conversion to Form 44 is a NOP. I.e. meaningless.

There are 3 new record types, half a dozen record types that changed between 43 and 44, and one sub-record type--VMAD--got a possible new value type that (obviously) won't be present in Form 43 modules.

Unless a mod is impacted by one of those specific few changes, there is literally zero difference between 43 and 44; the exact same data will end up in Skyrim memory from the 43 mod or the converted-to-44 equivalent."

The list of specific differences is available many places; this thread is one of them (though it degenerates into the "do not!"/"do so!" thing not that far down the page).

1 hour ago, ChaosTheorist said:

As previously stated:

"For the vast majority of LE mods, conversion to Form 44 is a NOP. I.e. meaningless.

There are 3 new record types, half a dozen record types that changed between 43 and 44, and one sub-record type--VMAD--got a possible new value type that (obviously) won't be present in Form 43 modules.

Unless a mod is impacted by one of those specific few changes, there is literally zero difference between 43 and 44; the exact same data will end up in Skyrim memory from the 43 mod or the converted-to-44 equivalent."

The list of specific differences is available many places; this thread is one of them (though it degenerates into the "do not!"/"do so!" thing not that far down the page).

What means NOP???

36 minutes ago, Pfiffy said:

NOP

No, Nope. Not, Don't. A negative answer.

I think this topic has been discussed for so long there is no point in doing so again. There is no new information on this. We know what the records changed are, which type of mods need form 44 and we also know using mods with form 43 won't destroy saves, cause CTDs or burn your computer (because we've been using plenty of known mods in form 43 for literal years).

3 hours ago, Pfiffy said:

That is the point. It seems like the discussion is comming up again. I see it in several posts. 

A) A lot of mods will work reliable without resaving.

B) While it is a good practice, you should only do it if you are able to fix errors (and some of them are produced by the CK)

When ever I start writing something like this, I end up struggeling with words....

here is a listing from hishutup of what Skyrim.esm can read...it can read every form

https://forum.step-project.com/topic/11699-about-file-header/?p=190705

14 minutes ago, fred200 said:

Bear in mind that is a very specific plugin for that author's specific mods. It is not general purpose; make sure you have a mod that needs it.

I do, have it running for 6 months now. installed darkfacefix, for just one char of cannabis. was an easy way to fix without messing up my load order.

Very usefull for ctd reports also. so I left it in for the latter reason.