On 7/9/2020 at 6:32 PM, donttouchmethere said:

Btw, this follower dialogue isn't from SCB, isn't it?

Follower caused friendly fire and got "arrested"

"Let's go, Let me worry about the guards"

Never saw that one before, the search is on!

Reveal hidden contents

1027971650_enb2020_07_0902_33_45_12.jpg.ecf14b3f840cc58419bdb7e5bc08d8b8.jpg

Nope, not from SCB.

On 7/9/2020 at 6:30 PM, donttouchmethere said:

Do I sound greedy if I ask for more zaz furniture?

They make chain best scenes so much more reliable and fun to watch (if they don't catch me of course!^^)

Reveal hidden contents

rescuing a guard o.O

366127272_enb2020_07_0902_17_08_25.jpg.9a0054d3735cd83d58201352adb95d60.jpg

Too late to rescue her o.o

111304026_enb2020_07_0902_17_38_54.jpg.ba28f5fdee4d53898c2b482b14c45e08.jpg

1680167054_enb2020_07_0902_17_50_02.jpg.b2fc40a882626d3b9f8f5d884346e243.jpg

Slowly adding more - didn't someone start a mod specifically for adding zaz furniture, though I saw something like that. That would combine very well...

>lots of naked NPC already, the resulting fist fight took a while xD

>I helped out with a summon, but it seems I caused friendly fire because...

>... they got really mad at me after the beast was down ?

No good deed goes unpunished...

If you feel they were being unfair, but not so much that you want to take them out, there is always the emergency calm option in the MCM (debug menu).

On 6/17/2020 at 2:26 PM, blablub1248 said:

I have a problem with the caged scenario. After some intervalls I am not able to move or to turn around anymore. The slaver also does nothing anymore.

Yes, it remains problematic.  Will likely have to do a complete redesign, because the current approach is too prone to bugging out with unexpected Skyrim behavior.

Stopping the caged quest  (In MCM->skip) is the only remedy I can suggest when this happens.  (If still stuck use the ZAZ menu to release player from AI control& reenable controls.)

On 7/9/2020 at 1:36 PM, blablub1248 said:

There is another thing, which is a little bit strange. Everytime I go to a smith with a high enough opinion and he tried to remove a device (I set the chance to 100%) the smith said "Here goes nothing". Sometime a device is removed, sometimes not, but in every case I have to pay. Does anybody know, what my misstake is?

First a sanity check; is the remaining device an SCB device?  (This option only removes those. If taking to the smith again no longer shows the option then you are no longer wearing and SCB devices.) If so:

Strange, while having to pay whether success or not is intended but at 100% it should remove all currently equipped chain beast devices.  Checked the code and could not find the issue.

Does it show a notification "Failed to remove: (the device that remains) " when this happens?

On 6/16/2020 at 3:10 PM, rangydangy said:

hey, the mod was working fine for me, but after upgrading to 0.3.4 there are no animations anymore. i tiried a clean save, i ran fnis, but still, if a npc or the player gets caught they just walk to wherever they are going while wearing the chainbeast armor

Some of the older updates used loose files; make sure non of those are still floating around.

To double check it is the animations,  use the test player crawling option in the MCM (debug menu). 

On 5/29/2020 at 6:23 AM, hungvipbcsok said:

Actuaaly i havent fixed that problem yet. It is crawling animation that got bugged and it only bugged if i go straightforward. Move left or right or backward or sideward the animation is fine. So does the riding siper animation. I think the mod conflict with other crawling animation mod (SD+ etc)

At a loss to explain how this could happen.

Maybe some mod is overriding only the move forward animation?  But would have to do this after the crawling starts so seems odd. 

Or perhaps there are too many alternate animations, FNIS docs mention there can only be a few of those.  

49 minutes ago, MTB said:

No good deed goes unpunished...

Well, the guard will lay a few chaurus eggs later, that was a really (lucky) unlucky friendly fire hit ?

I wonder if I visit the place later if they are all still naked and/or in SCB chains. ?

If you feel they were being unfair, but not so much that you want to take them out, there is always the emergency calm option in the MCM (debug menu).

Thanks for reminding me. Usually I use the RDO calm spell via hotkey.

In this case I also wanted to know how far they would follow like that.

Not much, a bit further and they gave up.

didn't someone start a mod specifically for adding zaz furniture

There are mods to position zaz furniture (zaz furniture helper), but that has to be done on every new game.

Then there are mods that add furniture, but by doing so badly conflict with town/city overhauls (by legume).

Then there Tyrant's mod that adds lots of those, but that mods also conflicts with dialogues of SD and others and generally causes glitches.

Then there is Cell Builder, it saves positions of placed furniture for a new game. Drawnback: it will only load the saved furniture after the PC visited the cell the first time in the new game. Means if a SCB searches for a ZAP furniture it might not be loaded yet.

HSG adds some nicely placed ones, but they are also used as resting place for HSG slaves at night, which creates some rather odd situations (also known as Pillory Sharing)

POP added furniture is only city based.

SDcages adds jails and cages to various locations all over Skyrim if that will be ever interesting for SCB.

ToH adds a few and the SCB are great to find those in the middle of the wilderness, but they are also not always on the ground and easlly reachable.

Always been really interested in this mod but the lack of  Bodyslide support really ruins it for me. I don't like having a body with jagged edges when caught by the chainbeasts.

I hope it gets a little more support in the future for this, and maybe some modding cross over for things like Traps and Pitfalls.

19 hours ago, Crota said:

Always been really interested in this mod but the lack of  Bodyslide support really ruins it for me. I don't like having a body with jagged edges when caught by the chainbeasts.

I hope it gets a little more support in the future for this, and maybe some modding cross over for things like Traps and Pitfalls.

The mod includes both CBBE and UUNP bodyslide files.  The files are basic; only the body shape changes not the crawler shapes, but should work fine for anything not too extreme.

(It is very easy to convert to other bodyshapes in outfit studio; simply delete the baseshape/uunp and load the reference for the new bodyshape should do the trick.)

• 3 weeks later...

I got a problem with this mod (i guess). Would really like to give it a try but certainly it wont let me.

I am sorry if this has been asked already but i couldn't find anything so here i go:

after several (imo correct) tries on installing the mod and loading a clean save the game tells me that the save is relying on content no longer available. But why? i haven't removed anything not a single file, the only thing i have done was adding this mod. Im so confused.

The result in trying to load the save file (ignoring the message) is my hole game starting anew with no mods loaded or MCM settings as they were before. I even get ported out of the DB DLC into some skyrim inn. In addition to that several massages from diffrent mods pop up in the middle of the screen as if multiple actions happend at the same time.

If somebody knows what causes this, either if it's from this mod or another, tell me. I tried fixing this problem on my own for hours now with the same result...

uff, this triggers a lot of questions:

32 minutes ago, Crym said:

and loading a clean save

What's a clean save in your opinion? Usually a clean save means you have a running game and added/removed mods and after that cleaned the save from leftovers with fallrimtools (or save cleaner).

Did you try a new game?

a clean save the game tells me that the save is relying on content no longer available. But why? i haven't removed anything not a single file, the only thing i have done was adding this mod. Im so confused.

I had this only once with a LO with over 600 mods. Mods failed to load all the sudden causing all kinds of bugs and glitches.

I think you could also manage that with massive conflicts in LO or adding a lot of esp later to the game or dirty save.

out of the DB DLC into some skyrim inn.

What is a DB DLC? Isn't that the dragonborn DLC? How can you get ported out of a DLC?^^

Or do you mean the Skyrim vanilla start? You don't start your game with LAL or another alternative start?

If somebody knows what causes this, either if it's from this mod or another, tell me. I tried fixing this problem on my own for hours now with the same result...

Hard to tell with the given information, like if you are on SE/LE or a posted Load Order and if the requirements are installed and if there are errors in FNIS.

14 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

What's a clean save in your opinion? Usually a clean save means you have a running game and added/removed mods and after that cleaned the save from leftovers with fallrimtools (or save cleaner).

Did you try a new game?

Yes Fallrimtools said its completely clean.

And yes i tried a new game but that is not point of this hole operation, because i somehow got it to work earlier. it broke after i installed new mods so i tried deinstalling SCB than adding the new mods and afterwards adding SCB again. even that worked but not for long. Therefore i would like to keep my save and not start a whole new game. and for test purposes: yes the mod works in a new game and worked in the savegame.

I had this only once with a LO with over 600 mods. Mods failed to load all the sudden causing all kinds of bugs and glitches.

I think you could also manage that with massive conflicts in LO or adding a lot of esp later to the game or dirty save.

What do you mean with managing massive conflicts? (I guess LO means Load Order?)

What is a DB DLC? Isn't that the dragonborn DLC? How can you get ported out of a DLC?^^

Or do you mean the Skyrim vanilla start? You don't start your game with LAL or another alternative start?

Well yes DB DLC means Dragonborn DLC and yes i use Alternate start but no i didnt select any inn start. I dont think the location im getting ported to is important, because after traveling to skyrim and then installing SCB i am not getting ported but the game still behaves like i reinstalled all my mods at once. (If it helps i could provide a small clip showing whats going on).

Hard to tell with the given information, like if you are on SE/LE or a posted Load Order and if the requirements are installed and if there are errors in FNIS.

Im playing on LE and if you tell me how i can ofcourse provide my load order (never done before).

The requirements should be installed and FNIS doesnt tell me of any errors (i guess this isnt any animation error). 

Thanks for your help on this weird case btw. 

3 hours ago, Crym said:

And yes i tried a new game but that is not point of this hole operation, because i somehow got it to work earlier. it broke after i installed new mods so i tried deinstalling SCB than adding the new mods and afterwards adding SCB again. even that worked but not for long

Arghs! Adding and removing mods only works for a while and also not with every mod. It's only a matter of time until you kill your savegame with that. Fallrimtools can remove the most obvious leftovers, but some changes mods make will stay and degrade the save more and more. Even faster if you don't keep the LO sequence of some key mods and frameworks.

Usually I have very stable LOs, but if they work for too long I get bored and start to add/remove/exchange mods and that is the beginning of the end of a save.

What works for a longer time is to only exchange mods in the middle of a LO (Load Order) and only mods like armor mods/weapon mods/follower mods => means you throw out an armor mod and put an LL mod in there instead for example => but if you continue the game don't exchange the LL mod again ^^

Falling back to a save before you manipulated your LO helps of course, but I guess you try to play the "play and manipulate the game on the run" game => this tactic only works for a while until glitches and bugs eat your save.

Everything else is only safe to add/remove at the end of the LO on a running game => this is the safest approach to manipulate a running game, but not all mods work as intended at the end of a LO.

Another tactic is to build your LO with later manipulation in mind, means you put some mods at various plugin slots to be replaced later. This can be a place holder esp/esm or some mods without scripts/quests/location changes/NPC effects, like simple armor and weapon mods.

This are placeholder esm/esp for example (basically they only add a knife if I remember correct):

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Crym said:

but the game still behaves like i reinstalled all my mods at once.

I sadly know how that looks and this is pretty much the end of a Skyrim experiment.

I doubt that it can be rescued. Maybe falling back a few saves and simulate the LO configuration of that said save enables you to continue from there.

You can use Wrye Bash to compare the actual LO with a save game LO (shows changes even with colors!) or you can extract the LO from the saves with Fallrimtools (Resaver):

load file with Resaver

open menu "file" > "Export plugin list"

21 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

I sadly know how that looks and this is pretty much the end of a Skyrim experiment.

I doubt that it can be rescued. Maybe falling back a few saves and simulate the LO configuration of that said save enables you to continue from there.

You can use Wrye Bash to compare the actual LO with a save game LO (shows changes even with colors!) or you can extract the LO from the saves with Fallrimtools (Resaver):

load file with Resaver

open menu "file" > "Export plugin list"

Dont get me wrong, my game is still working perfectly fine. i even added a couple mods over the time of our conversation and the game still works because im giving my best to keep it clean. The only time i got the problem was after adding SCB. In fact i have played for hundreds of hours with the 'mod to go' tactic where i discover a new cool mod and just add it or remove any annoying old mods mid game. As i said it somehow works, but i guess with SCB i reached the limit, though other mods still work. Thats why i asked if this was a problem related to this mod. So you can figure i dealt with a lot of problems and gathered quite some experience while doing the risky mod to go thing.

But thanks for your advice about LOs, i will take a deeper look in my LO and see what i can do about it.

If nothing works i guess i have to wait till a new game to add SCB. (which will probably be soon enough)

31 minutes ago, Crym said:

As i said it somehow works, but i guess with SCB i reached the limit, though other mods still work. Thats why i asked if this was a problem related to this mod. So you can figure i dealt with a lot of problems and gathered quite some experience while doing the risky mod to go thing.

Maybe your right and SCB doesn't likes to be added to a running game or be removed and added again ^^

I updated SCB a few times on a running game and that worked out so far, but I must admit I never tried to add it to a running game.

I adds creatures to the spawn level lists, not sure if that could conflict if you have already mods that change those lists.

i have a small problem and i don't know how to solve it:

I looted the spell tome to ride chain spider. I learn it, and when i try to cast it near the chain spider it say "Spell failed: no beast found" when the chain spider is just in front of me, dead, even with the cursor over it.

How to use the spell correctly ?

36 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Maybe your right and SCB doesn't likes to be added to a running game or be removed and added again ^^

I updated SCB a few times on a running game and that worked out so far, but I must admit I never tried to add it to a running game.

I adds creatures to the spawn level lists, not sure if that could conflict if you have already mods that change those lists.

Well this would explain a few thing... ^^. i could try to search through my mod list for any possible conflicts in terms of spawn level lists.

But thanks for your time and help if per chance you get another idea about this problem please contact me again. (i really dont want to wait till a new game)

On 8/4/2020 at 5:09 PM, laurient said:

i have a small problem and i don't know how to solve it:

I looted the spell tome to ride chain spider. I learn it, and when i try to cast it near the chain spider it say "Spell failed: no beast found" when the chain spider is just in front of me, dead, even with the cursor over it.

How to use the spell correctly ?

Just casting it near a suitable corps should work.

Was it a `wild' spider  or one that was summoned by a mine/trap.  Suitable corpses for reanimation are selected by keyword and those do not seem to work on actors from summoned lists. So if it is the former than this may be a bug ^h^h^h  feature'; it one works on mine summoned beasts, not on wild ones. (Who would want to ride a wild beast anyway; who knows where they have been-could be dirty...I.e. I'm not sure how to fix it yet, perhaps by adding a faction instead of a keyword...)

(Note, even though it is called spider travel, it may also work on something bigger...)

On 8/4/2020 at 5:12 PM, Crym said:

Well this would explain a few thing... ^^. i could try to search through my mod list for any possible conflicts in terms of spawn level lists.

But thanks for your time and help if per chance you get another idea about this problem please contact me again. (i really dont want to wait till a new game)

Have no idea what is causing the issues you are describing.   Note that adding to leveled lists is done dynamically (it add to the existing list using a script); it should not conflict with mods that add to them statically (change the list in the ck).  

16 hours ago, MTB said:

Have no idea what is causing the issues you are describing.   Note that adding to leveled lists is done dynamically (it add to the existing list using a script); it should not conflict with mods that add to them statically (change the list in the ck).  

Oh.. thats good to know. So i dont have to search through all of my mods for leveled lists. Thanks for your advice

23 hours ago, MTB said:

Just casting it near a suitable corps should work.

Was it a `wild' spider  or one that was summoned by a mine/trap.  Suitable corpses for reanimation are selected by keyword and those do not seem to work on actors from summoned lists. So if it is the former than this may be a bug ^h^h^h  feature'; it one works on mine summoned beasts, not on wild ones. (Who would want to ride a wild beast anyway; who knows where they have been-could be dirty...I.e. I'm not sure how to fix it yet, perhaps by adding a faction instead of a keyword...)

(Note, even though it is called spider travel, it may also work on something bigger...)

yep, that was a wild one ^^' ok, i know now i should use only summoned one.

Great mod! Playing as vampire using BV. Vampire Drain works on the chain beasts but doesn't affect Dwemer spiders, etc... 

To make it more difficult, can the beasts be tagged (don't know how specifically) to be machine and not affected by absorb health / vampiric drain?

These things are terrifying! Even a small chain fox. Love it.