15 hours ago, fred200 said:

What are the chances of the 3.6 update working with 3.5 SSE? I don't see anything in it that obviously needs converting.

Scripts should be fine but the updated esm and esp likely need to be converted. Procedure: 

SkyrimChainBeasts.esm: Convert esm to esp (eg tes5edit), load in SSE creation kit and save.  Convert back to esm.

SkyrimChainBeastIntegration.esp: (after doing the esm); load in SSE creation kit and save.

That should be it.  Can't do this myself now as I dont have a working version of SSE atm.

3 hours ago, MTB said:

Scripts should be fine but the updated esm and esp likely need to be converted. Procedure: 

SkyrimChainBeasts.esm: Convert esm to esp (eg tes5edit), load in SSE creation kit and save.  Convert back to esm.

SkyrimChainBeastIntegration.esp: (after doing the esm); load in SSE creation kit and save.

That should be it.  Can't do this myself now as I dont have a working version of SSE atm.

Thank you much for the input! I will go ahead and try it.

NB: Best practices nowadays says don't worry about converting type 43 records to type 44. Has no effect on the game.

Only convert ESPs if there is some other reason to convert them. CK is still a great way to fix dark face bugs, by exporting facegen data.

I could sure use some tips on the Ebony Mine Quest, where we are supposed to capture friends.

How is this supposed to work? Place an Ebony Mine and invite some friends over?

Only thing that happens is me and followers get attacked.

There is no interaction between this and Paradise Halls?

For that matter - how does the PAHE handoff work? I have never found any dialog options.

You might mention what level conjuration is needed to, as well as affinity...

OK - if I conjure a chainbeast and have my follower attack it - I do get the PAHE handoff.

It does appear that Zaz furniture has to be present, along with quick capture.

Was planning to enable setting Mobile Prison Beast (MP) durability through the MCM, but the related properties are not accessible by script so this won't work.  So instead I made a few predefined levels to choose from for those that think MPs are to tough by default.  I've added Weaker Mobile Prison Beasts (WMP) to the download page.
Should not need clean saving to add.

Install: Just extract the version you want, drop it in your Skyrim/data folder, check it is below other SCB parts in the load order and activate it. Plugin WMPs makes MPs weaker; tweaks both minimum level and durability (base health points).  
Durability counted in MBHEs; Mammoth Base Health Equivalents.  
Like Mammoths, MPs level 25% faster than the player, so at level 40 the player may encounter level 50 MPs.
Weaker MPs plugin; 6 options (3 levels with versions for with(out) BAD):
(0)    Weak as flesh : 1 MBHE, min level 10
(1)    Armored         : 2 MBHE, min level  20
(2)    Heavy armor   : 4 MBHE, min level  30
(default,no plugin) Solid Metal - planned: 8 MBHE, min lev 40, currently: 10 MBHE, min lev 35
(For reference, a mammoth is 1MBHE (obviously) and has min level 35)
Note that every 5 beast levels the byte strength also increases, see added damage in difficulty settings.

You should load this below other SCB parts (including BAD if installed) or it will not work.
You can use BAD version without the SCB_BAD plugin; it will just mean that MPs are dwemer while other CBs are not.
Also visa versa; you can use the noBAD version with BAD, it will just mean that MPS are NOT dwemer while other CBs are.)

Want different settings?  Just load a WMP or WMPBAD version in TES5edit and change durability of SCB_MobilePrisonBeastRace (under race) and minimum level of SCB_MobilePrisonBeast (under NPC) to what ever you like...

Someone mentioned rune-trap textures not showing up.  For SSE they are included, for LE not sure (it uses BSA, so easier just to post the texture here then check whether they are correctly included in there).  (Just extract to your skyrim folder.)

SCB-runeplatetextures.7z

16 hours ago, fred200 said:

I could sure use some tips on the Ebony Mine Quest, where we are supposed to capture friends.

How is this supposed to work? Place an Ebony Mine and invite some friends over?

Only thing that happens is me and followers get attacked.

There is no interaction between this and Paradise Halls?

For that matter - how does the PAHE handoff work? I have never found any dialog options.

You might mention what level conjuration is needed to, as well as affinity...

OK - if I conjure a chainbeast and have my follower attack it - I do get the PAHE handoff.

It does appear that Zaz furniture has to be present, along with quick capture.

PAHE handoff:

• this only works with captives captured by beasts that you summoned. (So not if captured by mine-beasts, even if it was a mine you placed.)
    • Having the SCB-PAHE plugin installed should add an additional option to the menu when talking to your victims.
  • I'm not sure how well this is working atm, especially with NPCs created from leveled lists.
    • Perhaps doing PAHE cloning before SCB capture might solve that but not sure. Not implemented yet anyway.
  • Quick capture should not be needed, but the last capture step needs to be done by your summoned beast.
  • Should be no need for Zaz furniture in this case; player-capture is checked before looking for devices.

Ebony Mine Strategy hints;

Spoiler

• You're asked to betray friends, so make lots of friends. A good way to do this is by releasing victims from SCB restraints.  (An area where all potential targets have been captured eg because it had to be cleared of mines in the first place seems a suitable spot.) This makes them player friends (rel level 1), (ebony mine progression requires captive rel level >= 1).
  • When enough of them are around, summon and trigger the mine, then try to get out of the way, but watch for captures (see point above and below).
  • Kill beasts asap after (they drop off) their first capture; beasts that manage to capture a victim break free; they are no longer considered ebony mine beasts after that. I.e. a second capture by the same beast will not count towards ebony mine progression anymore. (*)
    • Also this will allow you to gather keys that you can use to release victims, especially ones that are not yet friends, and make them both friends and available for capture again right away.
    • (*) This may change in the future as I'm looking for a suitable way of not placing them back, or placing them back as ebony mine beasts, but not achieved yet (as of v0.3.6).

Thank you so much! You might consider adding these descriptions to mod description - so they don't get lost.

Usage notes: Adding 3.6 LE to my SE game in progress broke Chainbeasts. Test Capture does nothing.

However: Removing Chainbeasts completely and doing a clean save, followed by installation of 3.5 SE and 3.6 LE update works!

Everything seems fine, and with your handy Skip functions I did not even loose any progress.

Not much of a spoiler - but everyone should know higher levels of Ebony Mine requires higher Conjuration skill. That took me a bit to figure out.

Final question: Does the Prison Beast ever carry a captive in his cage? All I get are crawling captives. They all crawl well!

15 minutes ago, fred200 said:

Thank you so much! You might consider adding these descriptions to mod description - so they don't get lost.

Usage notes: Adding 3.6 LE to my SE game in progress broke Chainbeasts. Test Capture does nothing.

However: Removing Chainbeasts completely and doing a clean save, followed by installation of 3.5 SE and 3.6 LE update works!

Everything seems fine, and with your handy Skip functions I did not even loose any progress.

Not much of a spoiler - but everyone should know higher levels of Ebony Mine requires higher Conjuration skill. That took me a bit to figure out.

Final question: Does the Prison Beast ever carry a captive in his cage? All I get are crawling captives. They all crawl well!

MPs and spiders should all carry their victims, with different poses for the different types of beasts.  Crawling is for k9 beasts and used as a fall-back mechanism for the other beasts in case the mounting fails for some reason.

For me that was working fine before, but now it seems all messed up (without me changing anything related to this); with NPCs not even trying to mount. My current install has many more issues, so this may be related to other problems.

You can try setting the test beast to an MP variant, activating quick capture and casting the self-capture test spell to try out the different MPs to see whether it at least works for the player and what it is supposed to look like...

Well - Well - Harumph...

Self-capture strips me and stores belongings in box. No variant of beast ever generated. I am a Breton.

Test Capture on NPCs works great. Each Chainbeast was correct. Prison beast looks great. Prisoner up high in cage. Only problem is the Chainbeasts despawn after a few seconds.

Has anyone else encountered that the spell for placing a target for beasts puts down a mini mine thing, but that captured bandits etc do not go near it? 

Or am I doing it wrong?

Also any chance of compatibility with I'll Take the Display Model, furniture at all as it is so much better than Zaz furniture and allows, options? especially DM3 the SE version. 

I am also experiencing the same issue as above, the Mobile Prison just makes the crawl and not take them away. 

@MTB

Just seen the update.  Thanks for the toughness variations!

I will try it out as soon as practicable.  Problem is that I have no plugin slots left in the present game LOL, but as the current ....  

SkyrimChainBeastsBAD.esp

.... is very near the bottom of this game's LO.  can I just maybe replace it with ...

SkyrimChainBeastsWMP0BAD.esp

or

SkyrimChainBeastsWMP1BAD.esp

or

SkyrimChainBeastsWMP2BAD.esp

... as a trial?

And another quick question, pls

Can one change the 'timer' to autocomplete the journey once it has started?  Reason for asking is that on the way from Amol to Riften (the beast missed Windhelm LOL), there seems to be a navmesh hiccough on the path between Windhelm and further north.  The player just goes to and fro over a '50 yd' length, but there seems no way of breaking that, or changing the time out to 'force' 'a 'fade to black' completion.  I know that you can't change the other setting in that submenu once captured, but is this the same?

Thanks again, and TIA for any help/suggestions you may have

20 hours ago, kohlteth said:

Has anyone else encountered that the spell for placing a target for beasts puts down a mini mine thing, but that captured bandits etc do not go near it? 

Or am I doing it wrong?

Also any chance of compatibility with I'll Take the Display Model, furniture at all as it is so much better than Zaz furniture and allows, options? especially DM3 the SE version. 

I am also experiencing the same issue as above, the Mobile Prison just makes the crawl and not take them away. 

You should tell them to go there; talk to them and choose go to location I choose or marker or something like that.

If you did that; I've experienced issued with NPCs from leveled lists so perhaps that is the same thing happening to you.

ITDM furniture; it seems to be using the dse_dm_keywordFurniture keyword to mark them, so it may be possible to recognize them in this way. If the same activation procedure works on them as on ZAP furniture, then it may be possible to make a plugin that allowes using these as well. 

(Can't do any SSE testing/development atm.)

18 hours ago, donkeywho said:

@MTB

Just seen the update.  Thanks for the toughness variations!

I will try it out as soon as practicable.  Problem is that I have no plugin slots left in the present game LOL, but as the current ....  

SkyrimChainBeastsBAD.esp

.... is very near the bottom of this game's LO.  can I just maybe replace it with ...

SkyrimChainBeastsWMP0BAD.esp

or

SkyrimChainBeastsWMP1BAD.esp

or

SkyrimChainBeastsWMP2BAD.esp

... as a trial?

And another quick question, pls

Can one change the 'timer' to autocomplete the journey once it has started?  Reason for asking is that on the way from Amol to Riften (the beast missed Windhelm LOL), there seems to be a navmesh hiccough on the path between Windhelm and further north.  The player just goes to and fro over a '50 yd' length, but there seems no way of breaking that, or changing the time out to 'force' 'a 'fade to black' completion.  I know that you can't change the other setting in that submenu once captured, but is this the same?

Thanks again, and TIA for any help/suggestions you may have

Changes to the timer do not take effect until the next capture. However, you can choose fast-forward from the status menu; that gives the same effect as the timer running out. (Just without the `very immersive' pop-up message.)

As long as there are no CBs around, adding / removing BAD and WMP plugins should be safe to do.

(They are simple race/NPC edits, without scripts, properties etc. that could mess things up. - Still it is Skyrim).

"You should tell them to go there; talk to them and choose go to location I choose or marker or something like that." 

Thats the thing I cant talk to them, they just say "Hlp Meeh" when you try as they "crawling off somewhere into the horizon" instead of going to my marker I put down.

1 hour ago, kohlteth said:

"You should tell them to go there; talk to them and choose go to location I choose or marker or something like that." 

Thats the thing I cant talk to them, they just say "Hlp Meeh" when you try as they "crawling off somewhere into the horizon" instead of going to my marker I put down.

Only NPCs captured by beasts that you summoned are under your control.  They should start following you until you tell them otherwise.  If captured by any other beast the `normal' rules apply (taken to some ZAP furniture).

13 minutes ago, MTB said:

Only NPCs captured by beasts that you summoned are under your control.  They should start following you until you tell them otherwise.  If captured by any other beast the `normal' rules apply (taken to some ZAP furniture).

No every time I capture someone with chain spider etc, they just start crawling off into the sunset as if caught by a "wild chain beast"

23 hours ago, kohlteth said:

No every time I capture someone with chain spider etc, they just start crawling off into the sunset as if caught by a "wild chain beast"

Hmmm, ok I will need to check the factions on the different player summons.  I have not checked this part for the introduction of different types of summons for the player, so it may only be working for the K9 version (and perhaps even only the standard form of that...will need to check).

EDIT:  Ok found some issues with player captured conversation not starting at all (And instead of Or in the condition - no idea how that got in there?) and using player summoned beasts as mounts (was never needed before so support simply was not there - will need some more work and testing to fix this).

I also noticed and fixed an issue with mounting in general which had been introduced recently.

That may explain and fix (once I finish the update) issues people have been having with that.

2 hours ago, MTB said:

Hmmm, ok I will need to check the factions on the different player summons.  I have not checked this part for the introduction of different types of summons for the player, so it may only be working for the K9 version (and perhaps even only the standard form of that...will need to check).

After the summon spell that you get from Ebony Mine for the mobile prison, is there a way to upgrade that to Gold type or just normal for our summons?

19 hours ago, MTB said:

Changes to the timer do not take effect until the next capture. However, you can choose fast-forward from the status menu; that gives the same effect as the timer running out. (Just without the `very immersive' pop-up message.)

As long as there are no CBs around, adding / removing BAD and WMP plugins should be safe to do.

(They are simple race/NPC edits, without scripts, properties etc. that could mess things up. - Still it is Skyrim).

Thanks!. 

I thought that I had done the 'fast forward' thing before, but I had forgotten where I'd found it!

I'll try replacing the esp in a player home, next time I visit one

20 hours ago, kohlteth said:

After the summon spell that you get from Ebony Mine for the mobile prison, is there a way to upgrade that to Gold type or just normal for our summons?

Is upgraded in the same way as the other summons.  The current appearance of the golden MP only has the cage in gold. (But it is stronger than the previous versions.) In my working version I have given it a more shiny look, befitting the most powerful player summons available.

Edit; a quick preview of the new look in the distance...

MP-S-G-new.jpg

53 minutes ago, MTB said:

Is upgraded in the same way as the other summons.  The current appearance of the golden MP only has the cage in gold. (But it is stronger than the previous versions.) In my working version I have given it a more shiny look, befitting the most powerful player summons available.

Edit; a quick preview of the new look in the distance...

MP-S-G-new.jpg

A little confused as soon as I get the mobile prison spell, the quest ends, it said enjoy your power, I slept and non gold MP spell. or am I missing something here please?

EDIT:- Quest ends with "Shades of Grey" btw, how do we get Black Widow on the quest when it's ended?

13 minutes ago, kohlteth said:

A little confused as soon as I get the mobile prison spell, the quest ends, it said enjoy your power, I slept and non gold MP spell. or am I missing something here please?

It should not end until you have the gold version of the MP, but there may be a bug. I've added checking this to my TODO list.

6 minutes ago, MTB said:

It should not end until you have the gold version of the MP, but there may be a bug. I've added checking this to my TODO list.

Thank you, sadly as I know you said no access right now. I am on SSE vers.  So 0.35 as no 36 for sse yet. Although download page is a little confusing due to so many older vers there still. 

1 hour ago, kohlteth said:

Thank you, sadly as I know you said no access right now. I am on SSE vers.  So 0.35 as no 36 for sse yet. Although download page is a little confusing due to so many older vers there still. 

Edit: I did fix some issues with Ebony Mine quest in the update to 0.3.6 so hopefully this issue is already fixed then.

Note that Fred200 suggested just ignoring the form issue for the updated esm/esp and tried installing v0.3.6-update (for LE, which only contains scripts and esm/esp, no new textures or meshes) over top of v0.3.5SSE and that that worked when installing from scratch and using a clean save.   Of course your mileage may vary...

(The next update will contain some new meshes, but converting those does not need the Creation Kit, so may be able to do that, just not test it for now.)

On 10/26/2020 at 4:42 PM, fred200 said:

On 11/1/2020 at 2:18 AM, BigBossEzio said:

When beasts attack me i go ethereal and all, get a debuff that sais i am being chained, but nothing happens. Also, when i try to use the test capture self spell, nothing happens either. Any ideas?

You are giving very little to go on, making it hard for people to help.  Can only give some general tips of things to try.

Make sure it is not the intended behavior; eg on first capture should be stripped and collar equipped, nothing else.

Ensure you have a complete install so 3.4 (3.5 for sse) + optionally updates and are starting from a clean save. (When having issues, testing with a new game is recommended.)

Check dependencies eg is zaz working ok.

Is an item (collar, chains etc) added to your inventory every time (on capture/test spell), are they equipped?

if you add he items yourself (eg AIM) do they show up correctly.

etc.