7 hours ago, MTB said:

I did update the mechanism to take more keys into account so it is possible I messed up something there but I have not encountered this yet. Before I go bug chasing; there are some restrictions to struggling - for example, there is some minimum time between two struggle session (I think is was 5 sec) and struggling is only possible while under the control of a beast.  Before mounting or after release (but still moving to destination) struggling does not work.  (Also, if you change your key mapping you may need to reset keys through the debug MCM page.)  If these do not cover it; do you have a log - are there related errors (look for SCB_) in the papyrus?.log (not the info messages eg about the MCM/animations being registered) , or does User/SCBLog?.log show anything unexpected?

its not that big of a deal, it does fix itself so it may be script lag on my end.

was there suppose to be furniture near the farm just south of the cart guy near whiterun? when trying to take a person to furniture when captured in the wild that farm is where they end up but it kinda bugs out. there isnt any furniture there and the slave herder doesnt show up either bu only when set to take to furniture is active.

a few suggestions i have. for the spider and mammoth captures when taking to either simple slavery or the slaver, when that is active, they are very slow moving, speeding them up a bit when not taking to furniture would be a nice touch. speaking of the mammoth there isnt any furniture for it to take who it captured, be it the player or a npc to. do you have any plans to add in a chance that the player if struggles enough times that the beast will disengage and recapture the player. ie if the player struggles 5 or more times the beast will disengage and do a recapture after each recapture by the same beast it becomes harder to struggle and after a set numbers of recaptures the player cant struggle.

1 hour ago, Zagzaguel said:

I just realized that this mod requires SL Framework

Is there a reason for this? I dont really remember any instance where this mod calls for SL

Zaz requires SL.   Also it uses some keywords (like nostrip) for compatibility with SL mods.

Edit: Also there is one scenario in the mod that can lead to an SL event (and no the SL event does not involve beasts)...

1 hour ago, Zagzaguel said:

Id still be in favour to have something like a timer running that just ports you to your destination after being captured for X seconds 

I may implement something that speeds up or short cuts long walks but for now:  for moving quests fast forward works sufficiently well that I would recommend using that:

- in the MCM-status check the PC/NPC you want to fast forward is in one of the `moving' quests (move/move mounted/wait/wait mounted). 

- if so, simply click on them to send them to the next point. (If sending PC to another area it will advance directly, if in same area need to close menu first).

On 2/28/2020 at 6:20 PM, shadowwolf2k7 said:

its not that big of a deal, it does fix itself so it may be script lag on my end.

was there suppose to be furniture near the farm just south of the cart guy near whiterun? when trying to take a person to furniture when captured in the wild that farm is where they end up but it kinda bugs out. there isnt any furniture there and the slave herder doesnt show up either bu only when set to take to furniture is active.

a few suggestions i have. for the spider and mammoth captures when taking to either simple slavery or the slaver, when that is active, they are very slow moving, speeding them up a bit when not taking to furniture would be a nice touch. speaking of the mammoth there isnt any furniture for it to take who it captured, be it the player or a npc to. do you have any plans to add in a chance that the player if struggles enough times that the beast will disengage and recapture the player. ie if the player struggles 5 or more times the beast will disengage and do a recapture after each recapture by the same beast it becomes harder to struggle and after a set numbers of recaptures the player cant struggle.

Thanks for feedback and suggestions.

There is a (hidden) furniture at that farm but I may need to move it, especially the MobilePrison beast seems to have problems getting close enough.

The faster crawling option in the MCM also speeds up the spider/mobile prison just a touch but they are still slow.

The `struggle' feature is really intended to solve the issue that AI controlled characters can get stuck really easy; on the slightest unevenness on their path, a gate in their way, etc.

(So I definitely do not want to disable this part of struggling.)

I had not thought of adding any other gameplay mechanics to it...but perhaps.

something that i found funny, if you have SCB and SD+ installed you can make your character actually walk while under the control of a chain beast by using SD+s stance change the up and down arrows by default, to make your character walk instead of crawl.

i know that it wouldnt be considered a bug, or exploit, but it is kinda fun to use :)

a suggestion, when being taken to either simple slavery or the slaver from riverwood, would it be possible to go out the entrance near alvor's forge or towards whiterun. instead of going out the back entrance that is near gerdars house. the area seems to snag the player regularly, atleast for me that is

Hey, I'm experiencing an issue that I'm fairly sure I've tracked down to this mod (or potentially something up with my load order/other mods, but in which this mod plays a part).

My character cannot use any chastity belts correctly after the first time they're equipped with one by a Chainbeast attack.

My character specifically was attacked by the gold chainbeasts outside the blue palace via integration, so understand that when I mention gold I'm referring to restraints from gold beasts henceforth.

Before interacting with chainbeasts (and. . . not *all* interactions with chainbeasts have caused this - I -think- this character was also attacked and captured by a grey chainbeast outside whiterun and resumed being functional later), my character was playing with chastity gear and suchlike just fine through Devious Devices and Cursed Loot, etc.

Afterward, I played for several hours before noticing that I just. . .wasn't getting chastity belts. I didn't pay it too much mind until through Devious Followers my Follower tried to give me a special belt of their own, and nothing happened. They also hand you the item and expect you to equip it yourself, but no item came, and they treated me as 'chaste' even though I wasn't.

Backing up, I tracked down their specail belt, pulled it out of the console, and tried to equip it. No pop-up (are you sure you want to put this on/maybe manipulate the locks first dialogue), and no belt appeared. I tried it with a regular belt, no dice. Attempting to equip a belt a second time results in being told you're wearing multiple chastity belts.

Neither Cursed Loot nor Devioucs Devices' debugs can seem to clear the condition - after equipping a belt like this your character *does* seem to use the chastity masturbation animations when appropriate, but you can also be fucked with impunity.

Further testing about confirmed my suspicions as I discovered two additional facts: 1) My save files from before the solitude attack can use chastity belts normally and 2) attempting to equip a chastity belt in the bugged state will play an equip sound, and on my character model a *gold* chastity belt can be seen regardless of what chastity belt I just attempted to equip. After a seconds, another equip noise will play and the belt will disappear. I thas no presence in my inventory, and as mentioned, can't be gnabbed by debug handlers.

I can't seem to find anything in your own debug/emergency stuff that can cover this situation, unfortunately. I'm also conducting tests to confirm if grey beasts can cause this problem or if it's specifically gold ones . . . .hmm, as far as I can tell, grey ones never attempt to equip a chastity belt, which obviates the issue for them without actually fixing it.

4 hours ago, Sennarok said:

Hey, I'm experiencing an issue that I'm fairly sure I've tracked down to this mod (or potentially something up with my load order/other mods, but in which this mod plays a part).

My character cannot use any chastity belts correctly after the first time they're equipped with one by a Chainbeast attack.

Afterward, I played for several hours before noticing that I just. . .wasn't getting chastity belts. I didn't pay it too much mind until through Devious Followers my Follower tried to give me a special belt of their own, and nothing happened. They also hand you the item and expect you to equip it yourself, but no item came, and they treated me as 'chaste' even though I wasn't.

Backing up, I tracked down their specail belt, pulled it out of the console, and tried to equip it. No pop-up (are you sure you want to put this on/maybe manipulate the locks first dialogue), and no belt appeared. I tried it with a regular belt, no dice. Attempting to equip a belt a second time results in being told you're wearing multiple chastity belts.

Neither Cursed Loot nor Devioucs Devices' debugs can seem to clear the condition - after equipping a belt like this your character *does* seem to use the chastity masturbation animations when appropriate, but you can also be fucked with impunity.

Further testing about confirmed my suspicions as I discovered two additional facts: 1) My save files from before the solitude attack can use chastity belts normally and 2) attempting to equip a chastity belt in the bugged state will play an equip sound, and on my character model a *gold* chastity belt can be seen regardless of what chastity belt I just attempted to equip. A

This mod does not have chastity belts in it at all. No beast, including the gold ones, should be able to equip one.
This mod checks for the zad_Lockable keyword to not touch DD restraints. (It checks for akActor.WornHasKeyWord( zad_Lockable ) before stripping and, if present individually removes items, skipping all those with this keyword.)

It sounds like the DD internal state and visible devices are out of sync.  I've run into this type of issue with DD a few times (btw without SCB installed).

This could be a pre-exiting situation that becomes apparent due to the SCB stripping or it could be some interference between stripping and DD (eg devices underneath?) or ... ?

?? Does anyone know :  Could it be that akActor.WornHasKeyWord( zad_Lockable ) returns false even though the actor is wearing devious devices? For example when the devices are hidden by devices underneath?  (I do not know how DD works internally.) 

On 2/29/2020 at 11:33 PM, shadowwolf2k7 said:

something that i found funny, if you have SCB and SD+ installed you can make your character actually walk while under the control of a chain beast by using SD+s stance change the up and down arrows by default, to make your character walk instead of crawl.

i know that it wouldnt be considered a bug, or exploit, but it is kinda fun to use :)

a suggestion, when being taken to either simple slavery or the slaver from riverwood, would it be possible to go out the entrance near alvor's forge or towards whiterun. instead of going out the back entrance that is near gerdars house. the area seems to snag the player regularly, atleast for me that is

Far be it for me to bug/exploit-fix away your fun. ?

SCB does not choose the route; the game's path finding does that (and yes it would be nice if it did a better job in some cases).

>seems to snag the player regularly

But luckily there is the struggle feature (lower the stamina cost in the MCM if needed).

Hmm, interesting, I'll run some more tests and see what I can find out before I rejigger my load order. I'm fairly certain on the solitude thing, but if you say they didn't equip the gold chastity belt, where the hell did it come from? That's something I need to find out. Will report back with findings I suppose.

Edit: I will say at least in my load order I'm fairly sure they can overwrite lockable restraints at times, so that's worth looking into as well.

15 hours ago, Sennarok said:

My character specifically was attacked by the gold chainbeasts outside the blue palace via integration, so understand that when I mention gold I'm referring to restraints from gold beasts henceforth.

Before interacting with chainbeasts (and. . . not *all* interactions with chainbeasts have caused this - I -think- this character was also attacked and captured by a grey chainbeast outside whiterun and resumed being functional later), my character was playing with chastity gear and suchlike just fine through Devious Devices and Cursed Loot, etc.

Further testing about confirmed my suspicions as I discovered two additional facts: 1) My save files from before the solitude attack can use chastity belts normally and 2) attempting to equip a chastity belt in the bugged state will play an equip sound, and on my character model a *gold* chastity belt can be seen regardless of what chastity belt I just attempted to equip. After a seconds, another equip noise will play and the belt will disappear. I thas no presence in my inventory, and as mentioned, can't be gnabbed by debug handlers.

I can't seem to find anything in your own debug/emergency stuff that can cover this situation, unfortunately. I'm also conducting tests to confirm if grey beasts can cause this problem or if it's specifically gold ones . . . .hmm, as far as I can tell, grey ones never attempt to equip a chastity belt, which obviates the issue for them without actually fixing it.

check to see if you have the device hider in DD set to slot 41 active. with that active do to how the chain beast equips it will fill slot 32 with a chest armor item, which in turn hides the chastity belt, bra and a few other slots. if you turn the hider off in the DD menu the belt should show back up.

I am not sure if my char didn't traveled far enough or deep enough into the wilderness, but I can't seems to find any wild chain beasts yet.

Is there any specific places designated for them to spawn? Or are they added into normal wild mob(like wolves etc) spawn table?

2 hours ago, shadowwolf2k7 said:

check to see if you have the device hider in DD set to slot 41 active. with that active do to how the chain beast equips it will fill slot 32 with a chest armor item, which in turn hides the chastity belt, bra and a few other slots. if you turn the hider off in the DD menu the belt should show back up.

ScreenShot5.png.98017e22df5f8db8157ee0905433a2eb.pngYou do seem to be on to *something* with this comment, but it doesn't seem to be quite right, either. Disabling everything in the device hider doesn't bring the chastity belt back, unfortunately.

Edit for clarity: There doesn't seem to be anything in device hider 41 before or after the attack, though it is set as the hider slot.

Alright, having trouble exactly replicating the situation, but I *can* say that using Cursed Loot/Devious Devices' debug restraint removal while presently wearing restraints from SCB (such as the collar I was left in after a rerun of the solitude attack) results in Bad Juju. Particularly, I still have the collar around my neck but now it's not in my inventory. Attempting to use a collar in this state results in the equipping box appearing, but putting it on doesn't displace the phantom collar and doesn't seem to 'really' put it on. Misbehaving in a slightly different way that still functionally means the slot is disabled.

I suppose this implies that if I want to do this safely, I need to make sure to give myself a key and unlock those manually before using the debug if it comes to it, but I still want to know exactly how it works. . .

Aha, seems that even though there's no chastity belt shown, it's still broken in much the same way it was in my previous report, so this interaction is definitely a fault. Gonna try summoning and using a key and then debugging, see what happens.

Additional information from second run through test: In fact adding the key via chainbeast's mcm and unlocking -that- first seems to work, though the dialogue behaved a touch strangely the result seems to work as intended. However, when i was first thrown in the castle dour dungeon, none of the devices I was equipped with by chainbeasts appeared in inventory, and they appeared after I took the key (which auto unlocked them?).

If nothing else, it seems a model of successful interaction between the mods?

21 hours ago, Sennarok said:

Alright, having trouble exactly replicating the situation, but I *can* say that using Cursed Loot/Devious Devices' debug restraint removal while presently wearing restraints from SCB (such as the collar I was left in after a rerun of the solitude attack) results in Bad Juju. Particularly, I still have the collar around my neck but now it's not in my inventory. Attempting to use a collar in this state results in the equipping box appearing, but putting it on doesn't displace the phantom collar and doesn't seem to 'really' put it on. Misbehaving in a slightly different way that still functionally means the slot is disabled.

I suppose this implies that if I want to do this safely, I need to make sure to give myself a key and unlock those manually before using the debug if it comes to it, but I still want to know exactly how it works. . .

Aha, seems that even though there's no chastity belt shown, it's still broken in much the same way it was in my previous report, so this interaction is definitely a fault. Gonna try summoning and using a key and then debugging, see what happens.

Additional information from second run through test: In fact adding the key via chainbeast's mcm and unlocking -that- first seems to work, though the dialogue behaved a touch strangely the result seems to work as intended. However, when i was first thrown in the castle dour dungeon, none of the devices I was equipped with by chainbeasts appeared in inventory, and they appeared after I took the key (which auto unlocked them?).

do you use vortex mod manager? i have noticed that it fails a lot at sorting the load order and even at activating fnis and bodyslide properly. i run all three after vortex does its thing and have had fewer issues then not doing it.

15 hours ago, undeadcarrot said:

Can anyone please describe what is supposed to happen when you ask Faralda about chain beasts?

She is supposed to offer to make a spell for you if you gather the required ingredient. 

Clearly she should not have the line that directs you to her; I may have messed up the condition.  Will check and fix.

Edit: Nope the condition looks ok - unless you have some mod that changes her class/perks this should not happen. The first workaround below then will not work.  I've adapted the condition to address this; it should now give Faralda the intended line irrespective of any changes to her class/perks. (Attached updated ESM which hopefully can just be used as a drop in replacement - back up current esm in case that fails though.)

As a work around;

Spoiler

Go back to before someone directed you to a destruction mage and go to Faralda directly.  In that stage this bug does not seem to occur yet...

If that is no option, then skip a step in the quest by using the skip menu-

Spoiler

Choose: Learn mine destruction spell.

SkyrimChainBeasts.7z

On 3/8/2020 at 7:33 AM, vernam said:

I am not sure if my char didn't traveled far enough or deep enough into the wilderness, but I can't seems to find any wild chain beasts yet.

Is there any specific places designated for them to spawn? Or are they added into normal wild mob(like wolves etc) spawn table?

Note that wild beasts are disabled by default; make sure the option is enabled in the MCM SkyrimChainbeast->Plugins menu.

The latter; they are added to the indicated leveled lists.

In my testing with a new character, traveling the coast from Windstad manor along the coast would typically lead to encountering a beast before getting to Dawnstar,

heading instead to Morthal would have a about a 50/50 chance of running into a pair of them in the swamp.

On 3/8/2020 at 8:27 AM, Sennarok said:

So the recommendation should be to first remove any chainbeast devices (by using the MCM skip->give key option) before using any debug options to manipulate DD restraints?

On 3/19/2020 at 7:04 PM, blablub1248 said:

I have a problem with the wild chainbeasts, because I never encountered one. I put in a screenshott of the MCM, because I couldn't find the possibility to turn on wild chainbeasts. I hope someone can help me with my problem.20200319185215_1.jpg.ab745044a43355557cfe8335ba7a1282.jpg

This MCM menu is incomplete, in the latest version there should be a skip (instead of preview) and a plugins menu.

It looks like the MCM is using very old values for the pages properties.  

Make sure to start from a clean save.

If that does not work things to try:

Check the MCM script is up to date (if using V0.3.2 there should be a file SCB_MCMScript.pex in data\scripts dated 29 feb 2020).

Make sure the Integration plugin is installed and active.

If that still does not work: Check for and remove old versions of loose scripts.  All scripts (look for *SCB_*.pex) should have as date 27 or 29 feb 2020)  (or simply remove all *SCB_* files from data\scripts and reinstall).