23 hours ago, donkeywho said:

Checking other alt animations

I tried this on my main game and the PC did what I would have expected on

--- mobile prison - 3 caged job; (although is she supposed to 'walk' in the cage)

--- mobile prison - horse ride style; with collar linked to prison main body above

--- mobile prison - open type; sat nicely on the wooden horse

Expected animations for MPs are:

multi cage: victim is supposed to stand in the cage.  Hands behind back if I remember correctly.

single cage (solo): victim kneeling in cage, hands behind back.

wooden horse (open): sit on the wooden horse - this is actually the standard horse riding animation so that is expected to work as expected...

If I understand correctly then the MP-multicage has the  victim walking in the cage?

(likely the solo would then act the same; can you test that?) 

If so this would mean animations are getting replaced (otherwise would be sitting, not walking) as they should, but the replacement animation is not properly registered/started (so it is using the default walking animation instead).

So I'd really focus on the alternate animations.  I've added a line to log the settings when starting the crawl animation in the attached script. What does it give for the mt*_base numbers; should be a small positive number like 19.)

>Are the beast/human crawl animations included in the 68 AAs provided by SCB?  Or are those crawling animations the crawling animations within SDPlus animations?  It's implied that the latter were used originally and that 'changed' in a later version of SCB, but I don't see how they would work if SCB has no dependency on SDPlus.   But if SCB is still inadvertently calling on the SDPlus ones if SDPlus is in use, then could it result in this?

SCB has its own copy of the animation, indeed included in those alternate animations. The code to use the SD+ animations is long gone from SCB, and it would not affect the MP alternate riding animations so I don't think this could be this issue.

SCB_InitScript.pex

On 8/16/2020 at 11:11 PM, donkeywho said:

Other than the 'can't do right now' option of deleting SDPlus from the game, I am out of ideas

Well, that makes no sense, because I always use SCB with SD in LO, means I always have SCB and SD in LO xD

On 8/16/2020 at 11:11 PM, donkeywho said:

Could be made to crawl if cycled through the SDPlus Kneel/Crawl keys

That's only a workaround, but not the solution.

Your followers and other NPCs should also crawl.

I was thinking what broke animations on my games. Luckily I not broke SCB crawl yet, but I had mods that effected FNIS and broke DDi idles or defeat idles.

You could check:

> do you overwrite your FNIS with another mod, I mean in the left plane for MO or overwrite with NMM? If so: stop doing that (unless it's MNC or fixes for creatures). Mods that would overwrite FNIS from my experience are some combat mods or TK dodge (ultimate combat, ultimate dragons, Tk dodge).

> combat mods or mods that play idles if certain conditions are meet: Wildcat for example plays some unique bleedout or mods that play idles if stamina/health/mana is low.

> maybe another FNIS sexy walk issue?

> random idles via scripts?

> ZAP overwritten? (for example Pama's deadly furniture scripts broke the experimental NDUN furniture defeat struggle game I use, because it changed the idle in cages if I overwrite ZAP, means it doesn't change the idle it just don't play any idles in cages at all anymore)

> or for MO: odd leftovers in Overwrite folder thingy?

> SRR or Devious Framework in LO?

2 hours ago, MTB said:

Expected animations for MPs are:

multi cage: victim is supposed to stand in the cage.  Hands behind back if I remember correctly.

single cage (solo): victim kneeling in cage, hands behind back.

wooden horse (open): sit on the wooden horse - this is actually the standard horse riding animation so that is expected to work as expected...

If I understand correctly then the MP-multicage has the  victim walking in the cage?

(likely the solo would then act the same; can you test that?) 

If so this would mean animations are getting replaced (otherwise would be sitting, not walking) as they should, but the replacement animation is not properly registered/started (so it is using the default walking animation instead).

So I'd really focus on the alternate animations.  I've added a line to log the settings when starting the crawl animation in the attached script. What does it give for the mt*_base numbers; should be a small positive number like 19.)

34.23 kB · 1 download

OK.  Here goes

1 - Added the script as an overwrite in MO

2 - Repeated tests for Chainbeast, Mobile Prison Beast Multi Cage (sounds like something you'd get in the supermarket ? ), Mobile Prison Solo, Mobile Prison Open, Chain Spider

3 - Kept the logs for each - renamed so should be clear which is which, and attached below

4 - Searched for the 'mt' references in the logs.  Not certain if I was looking for the right things but doubt if the output is what you expected?  If I did the wrong thing, pls let me know

5 - As pictures are better than my prose, attached videos for each scenario too - so you can see what I see.  NOTE the vids are not from the same run throughs as the logs, but provide visuals that basically correspond to what was going on in the logs

Hope these help somehow ..... LOL

Papyrus.0 spider beast PC face backwards running on spot some turns and running.log Papyrus.0 basic chainbeast straight walk turns and then arrows to crawl.log Papyrus.0 mobile prison beast player walks in cage and will crawl too LOL.log Papyrus.0 Mobile Prison Open.log Papyrus.0 Mobile Prison Solo walks in cage and will crawl too.log

31 minutes ago, donkeywho said:

Kept the logs for each - renamed so should be clear which is which, and attached below

Thanks, but do you also have an SCB log (from .../Logs/Script/User/SCBLog?.log)  ?

The avis confirm the remark in my previous mail; the alternate animations are being started (you can see that eg in the MP cage ones; the PC starts in the horse riding pose but then moves to the standing/walking pose), however, the alternate animation does not start correctly and is thus replaced by the default walking one.

You could check the possible causes mentioned above by donttouchmethere.

Your `PC face backward' log seems like a game where SCB is newly installed ? 

It has the MCM being loaded message, however it does not have the SCB alternate animations being loaded by FNIS:

eg it has:

FNIS aa GetAAprefixList mod: sanguinesDebauchery nMods: 8

FNIS aa GetAAprefixList mod: DeviousDevices nMods: 8

but not eg:

FNIS aa GetAAprefixList mod: SkyrimChainBeasts nMods: 8
I always get this on new games (when SCB core script OnInit runs).

Could it be that somehow SCB alternate animations are not being initialized by FNIS  ?

I see many `missing script' warnings indicating mods have been uninstalled.

The attached version of the core quest script that initializes the animations onload instead of only oninit.

This could potentially address issues when FNIS ids change after the SCB mod is already initialized.

(If you tested with a new game and had the same issue than this is not the problem....)

SCB_InitScript.pex

1 hour ago, MTB said:

Thanks, but do you also have an SCB log (from .../Logs/Script/User/SCBLog?.log)  ?

The avis confirm the remark in my previous mail; the alternate animations are being started (you can see that eg in the MP cage ones; the PC starts in the horse riding pose but then moves to the standing/walking pose), however, the alternate animation does not start correctly and is thus replaced by the default walking one.

You could check the possible causes mentioned above by donttouchmethere.

Your `PC face backward' log seems like a game where SCB is newly installed ? 

It has the MCM being loaded message, however it does not have the SCB alternate animations being loaded by FNIS:

eg it has:

FNIS aa GetAAprefixList mod: sanguinesDebauchery nMods: 8

FNIS aa GetAAprefixList mod: DeviousDevices nMods: 8

but not eg:

FNIS aa GetAAprefixList mod: SkyrimChainBeasts nMods: 8
I always get this on new games (when SCB core script OnInit runs).

Could it be that somehow SCB alternate animations are not being initialized by FNIS  ?

I see many `missing script' warnings indicating mods have been uninstalled.

The attached version of the core quest script that initializes the animations onload instead of only oninit.

This could potentially address issues when FNIS ids change after the SCB mod is already initialized.

(If you tested with a new game and had the same issue than this is not the problem....)

SCB_InitScript.pex 34.31 kB · 0 downloads

@MTB

Ah, the SCB logs for all those games have long gone, BUT....

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!   IT NOW WORKS!

I overwrote all the previous versions in MO, so I now am using, with precedence taken by the files lower in this list

0.3.4 full version

0.3.5 update files

Today's second revision of your SCB InitScript

Attached are

4 logs - Names should be self explanatory

4 videos - what I got is what you see

It looks great, so thank you very much for your persistence, Really appreciated.  Maybe you should create a statue of yourself in the mountains as a sort of Easter Egg target?  Sort of some occasional free booty, with a 'Look what the dog just brought in ... ' dialogue ?

(And not forgetting @donttouchmethere for their help too) 

Thank you very much again

One quick question, if I may.  Should this sort out any NPCs captured in a larger battle?  I'm afraid that I may not have time to check that for you tonight

SCBLog.0 - Copy Mobile Prison Open.log SCBLog.0 - Copy Chain Spider.log SCBLog.0 - Copy Chainbeast.log SCBLog.0 - Copy Mobile Prison.log

1 hour ago, donkeywho said:

IT NOW WORKS!

Yeh!

Guess I should keep that code change in there in the next version...

Height looks a bit off on the Solo - likely due to the high heels.

One quick question, if I may.  Should this sort out any NPCs captured in a larger battle?  I'm afraid that I may not have time to check that for you tonight

Not sure what you are asking. If you mean should the NPCs also use the correct animation now then yes I think that is very likely.

It looks great, so thank you very much for your persistence, Really appreciated.  Maybe you should create a statue of yourself in the mountains as a sort of Easter Egg target?  Sort of some occasional free booty, with a 'Look what the dog just brought in ... ' dialogue ?

Maybe its there already but you just did not find it yet.

Spoiler

Hint: nope, not there.

(And not forgetting @donttouchmethere for their help too) 

Indeed thanks for all the help with answering questions, giving support and nice posts in general.

2 minutes ago, MTB said:

Yeh!

Guess I should keep that code change in there in the next version...

Height looks a bit off on the Solo - likely due to the high heels.

Not sure what you are asking. If you mean should the NPCs also use the correct animation now then yes I think that is very likely.

Maybe its there already but you just did not find it yet.

Reveal hidden contents

Hint: nope, not there.

Indeed thanks for all the help with answering questions, giving support and nice posts in general.

You beat me to it....

Yes!  Please keep the code!  And I'd guess you're prob right about the high heels

Being a bit cautious by nature, I thought it would be worth checking that ALL the NPCs etc in a scene - not just the PC - now behaved as they should.  Been able to try it out and, as shown below, I can confirm that battles between multiple beasts coming from the mines at the back of the Riverwood Sleeping Giant Inn and many followers and NPCs, do result in all the victims being crawled/carried to a just punishment which fits their defeat  ?

Great stuff .....

And I'll look out for your recreational hideaway delivery target appearing in future versions   ?

Thanks again

2 having a race to bags the best punishment.jpg

The Spider The Beast and the Beauties.jpg

Form a nice orderly queue, please .... .jpg

7 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

That's one proud chain beast, also STA goes well with SCB ?

Clever positioning of ZAP furniture, the beast continued to collect all HSG slaves in the area to line them all up at that wall.

A very ambitious and focused beast indeed.

Who is a good chain beast?! ⛓️

(sorry a bit dark at Old Hroldan Inn)

Reveal hidden contents

1583172933_enb2020_08_1819_43_50_79.jpg.f00a8e24edca5cad89a4db9341568b75.jpg

OK, this beast will bite.  What's STA?  ?

2 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

MM1's Spank that ASS.

If PC is in furniture NPC will show up and spank her. Also reduces DFC willpower, so indirectly SCB connects not SLS, STA, DFC =D

If I get any more lazy in my typing, Moss will start to grow on my back.

Thanks DTMT

• 2 weeks later...

I havent played this mod for long but i was wondering how to defend oneself if a chain beast mine is triggered? is there something like an intentional way or do i get certain skills for killing chain beasts after playing for a longer time?

Spoiler

in the questline to destroy all the unstable mines, I am currently at the point where i need to use both spells: weaken and destroy a mine. 
Now the quest wants me to destroy all of them but it feels like ages fighting off several beast with fists or unskilled magic as sneaking isnt working and my items get stripped pretty fast anyways so now sword either. 

On 8/30/2020 at 5:07 PM, Crym said:

I havent played this mod for long but i was wondering how to defend oneself if a chain beast mine is triggered? is there something like an intentional way or do i get certain skills for killing chain beasts after playing for a longer time?

Reveal hidden contents

in the questline to destroy all the unstable mines, I am currently at the point where i need to use both spells: weaken and destroy a mine. 
Now the quest wants me to destroy all of them but it feels like ages fighting off several beast with fists or unskilled magic as sneaking isnt working and my items get stripped pretty fast anyways so now sword either. 

You can take different approaches to clearing mines but you will always trigger a mine at least once to get rid of it.  There is no special way to get rid of beasts or specific skill gained - though I've added a little gift for melee focused players to the next version.

On 9/2/2020 at 8:24 AM, blablub1248 said:

I have a suggestion: There is the collar debuff for magika. There should be the option for scaling this with the level of the player. Otherwise the effect is for high level character only minimal.

Maybe I'll add it at some point, but it is trickier to implement than it should be. For now I suggest simply increasing the damage setting in the MCM to a suitable level.  (Note that by default it is turned off.)

@MTB

Just popped back to say that today I started a new, fairly mod heavy, game using CC's Alt start mod.  At the start, this equips the PC with a dagger and not much else ?

So just out of Blackmoor - a TES Arena place just NW of Fort Greymoor, my PC got waylaid by a Chainbeast from the Wilds. 

Fairly easy meat for the beast, but the good things were ....

- the beast capture worked perfectly

- the PC started crawling off straightaway

- the 'Herder?' Slaver periodically whacked her rump to provide suitable encouragement

... so off she went to Riften

I wondered what might happen passing bandit camps, eg Valtheim.  There was a bit of aggro, bandits wanting money to carry on, but intimidating talk saw to that.  However, the Slaver succumbed to the Bandit's charms (I think it was the Arousal Based Matchmaker mod, and they were both too aroused to pass up on the chance.  LOL   (I'll up the Arousal limits to make that less likely in future)

The Slaver's disappearance did then slow down the PC to the point of her and the beast barely moving at all, but the 'Fast Forward' debug option worked perfectly, and she's now waiting to be sold tomorrow  LOL

So I just wanted to let you know that the last changes you made seem to work fine, new game and all, and also say thanks for your persevering with this.  It makes for some real fun

Can I ask one thing?  To avoid crawling to Riften (and not cheating with the Fast Forward option - I hate 'cheating' in game), what would happen if I placed a series of Zaz furnitures at the side of the main roads?  Does your mod pick up on those, and deposit the weary PC at any it passes by, or does it just recognise those furnitures placed by the mod?  It may be stated somewhere in the blurb, but if it is, sorry, I missed it

Whatever, I'd recommend this to anyone who wants to not only beat the game, but also every clever impediment that modders can throw in their way.   

Thanks again

DKW

18 hours ago, donkeywho said:

Can I ask one thing?  To avoid crawling to Riften (and not cheating with the Fast Forward option - I hate 'cheating' in game), what would happen if I placed a series of Zaz furnitures at the side of the main roads?  Does your mod pick up on those, and deposit the weary PC at any it passes by, or does it just recognise those furnitures placed by the mod?

It will look for and pick up on any Zaz furniture in the current loaded area when captured, but will not look again while it is traveling to a chosen destination; thus further furniture encountered along the way will be ignored. 

If no furniture is nearby and no other options are active (such as send to simple slavery) it will try going to the closest nearby `standard location' (typically a town/city) and once there look for furniture again, but not while traveling there.

(For the later it may make sense to add an occasionally look again. for crawl to SS such an approach would mean you likely never get there; should encounter a furniture somewhere along the way and get dropped there instead...)

Note there is the option to set a max travel time in the MCM.  (Ok it just automatically calls fast forward after the timer runs out but its built in so its not cheating right? and there is an explanatory message so its super immersive  ;)).

1 hour ago, MTB said:

It will look for and pick up on any Zaz furniture in the current loaded area when captured, but will not look again while it is traveling to a chosen destination; thus further furniture encountered along the way will be ignored. 

If no furniture is nearby and no other options are active (such as send to simple slavery) it will try going to the closest nearby `standard location' (typically a town/city) and once there look for furniture again, but not while traveling there.

(For the later it may make sense to add an occasionally look again. for crawl to SS such an approach would mean you likely never get there; should encounter a furniture somewhere along the way and get dropped there instead...)

Note there is the option to set a max travel time in the MCM.  (Ok it just automatically calls fast forward after the timer runs out but its built in so its not cheating right? and there is an explanatory message so its super immersive  ;)).

Thanks for clearing that up :-)  I had missed the timer ..... LOL

Couple of queries/thoughts ....

1 - What's the distance of the initial scan. pls?

2 - Why NOT add a bit of uncertainty by taking a peek every now and again while the PC is travelling along?   Indulge Lazy Beast Syndrome, so it drops you off if it gets half a chance?  A little chance driven slider, perhaps, to periodically peek or not peek en route, sometimes finding somewhere else to go, and sometimes ignoring that very option?  Then those who want to go the whole way can set it at 100% and those wanting to take a risk of a detour or different destination will never be sure what will happen  :-)

After all, not 'cheating' is just another way of adding risk ... :wacko:

Thanks again

On 9/5/2020 at 3:34 PM, MTB said:

You can take different approaches to clearing mines but you will always trigger a mine at least once to get rid of it.  There is no special way to get rid of beasts or specific skill gained - though I've added a little gift for melee focused players to the next version.

ohh nice, i cant wait when will it come out?

1 - What's the distance of the initial scan. pls?

Loaded area; see `In Loaded Area' at: https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Quest_Alias_Tab#Fill_Type:

2 - Why NOT

Further complicates the already complicated punishment process... Will think about whether and if so how to add.

9 hours ago, Crym said:

ohh nice, i cant wait when will it come out?

Well if you can't wait I won't make you ... Here's a preview you can check out if you like.

Choose at most one of SCB_BAD and SCB_BADnoDB  (for if you do not have SCB_DB).

Changes in this update (install over v0.3.5, with or without any other updates for that posted earlier.)

• [Added] An aid for melee fighters in the battle against unstable chain beast mines
    • and beasts in general, though it can only be obtained during the Beauty and the Chain Beast quest.
    • Nope not telling, just find it and how it works yourself.
    • Ok a hint if you really want it:
    • Spoiler

Who might have assigned you this quest in  the first place?  They would not want you to give up should you falter... 

Spoiler

Think about the dream.

Spoiler

Visit the relevant shrine after you got captured at least once during the quest.

• [Added] Option to limit how many restraints a key can remove.
    • Player only, for NPCs a key will always remove all restraints.
    • Key will still always be consumed, irrespective of how many restraints are removed.
  • [Added] Option to choose which restraints are still equipped after punishment.
    • Player only (for now at least), NPCs will always use default setting.
    • Collar is always there, other three restraints can be toggled
  • [Changed] Quick capture mode now adds all restraints that would have been added if the beast had done the capture in multiple rounds.
  • [Fixed] Restraints equipped after punishment will be of the correct material.
  • [Added] Beast Are Dwemer (SCB_BAD) plugin
    • Will cause chain beast races to be treated similar as dwemer automaton eg giving them somw spell immunity (race gets the actorTypeDwarven keyword). Typically : Absorb health/stamina/magica (eg vampire drain, ebony sword etc.), mind influence; fear/calm/encourage effect (werewolf howl, intense flames,etc.),
    • 2 versions; for with (SCB_BAD) and without SCB_DB (SCB_BADnoDB) installed.
  • [Changed] The select beast for capture test spell now uses a menu (give it a moment to open) instead of a click through list.
    • A bit slower but much more convenient to use.
  • [Fixed] Potential failure of custom animations on existing saves with SCB installed after other mods with animations have been (un)installed and FNIS rerun.
  • [Fixed] Some achievements did not respect the `show notification' MCM setting.

Integration:

• [Added] (Difficulty option) Option to set at which level a certain type of beast will appear. (Under plugins in the MCM)
  • [Fixed] Helper quest 1: Victim will keep wearing what you gave him, instead of walking around naked again after a while.
  • [Changed] Same quest: The victim's box also contains some clothes & the victim will explain (once) where he is going if you ask him after you helped him.
  • [Fixed?] Corpses of wild chain spiders should now also be usable with the ride spider spell.
    • Untested.

DB:

• [Fixed] Register Chain Netch variants in correct order.
    • Wrong order could lead to incorrect material being used eg for restraints.

SCB_PreviewOf0.3.6-OldRim.7z

1 hour ago, MTB said:

Well if you can't wait I won't make you ... Here's a preview you can check out if you like.

Choose at most one of SCB_BAD and SCB_BADnoDB  (for if you do not have SCB_DB).

Changes in this update (install over v0.3.5, with or without any other updates for that posted earlier.)

• [Added] An aid for melee fighters in the battle against unstable chain beast mines
    • and beasts in general, though it can only be obtained during the Beauty and the Chain Beast quest.
    • Nope not telling, just find it and how it works yourself.
    • Ok a hint if you really want it:
    •   Reveal hidden contents

Who might have assigned you this quest in  the first place?  They would not want you to give up should you falter... 

Reveal hidden contents

Think about the dream.

Reveal hidden contents

Visit the relevant shrine after you got captured at least once during the quest.

• [Added] Option to limit how many restraints a key can remove.
    • Player only, for NPCs a key will always remove all restraints.
    • Key will still always be consumed, irrespective of how many restraints are removed.
  • [Added] Option to choose which restraints are still equipped after punishment.
    • Player only (for now at least), NPCs will always use default setting.
    • Collar is always there, other three restraints can be toggled
  • [Changed] Quick capture mode now adds all restraints that would have been added if the beast had done the capture in multiple rounds.
  • [Fixed] Restraints equipped after punishment will be of the correct material.
  • [Added] Beast Are Dwemer (SCB_BAD) plugin
    • Will cause chain beast races to be treated similar as dwemer automaton eg giving them somw spell immunity (race gets the actorTypeDwarven keyword). Typically : Absorb health/stamina/magica (eg vampire drain, ebony sword etc.), mind influence; fear/calm/encourage effect (werewolf howl, intense flames,etc.),
    • 2 versions; for with (SCB_BAD) and without SCB_DB (SCB_BADnoDB) installed.
  • [Changed] The select beast for capture test spell now uses a menu (give it a moment to open) instead of a click through list.
    • A bit slower but much more convenient to use.
  • [Fixed] Potential failure of custom animations on existing saves with SCB installed after other mods with animations have been (un)installed and FNIS rerun.
  • [Fixed] Some achievements did not respect the `show notification' MCM setting.

Integration:

• [Added] (Difficulty option) Option to set at which level a certain type of beast will appear. (Under plugins in the MCM)
  • [Fixed] Helper quest 1: Victim will keep wearing what you gave him, instead of walking around naked again after a while.
  • [Changed] Same quest: The victim's box also contains some clothes & the victim will explain (once) where he is going if you ask him after you helped him.
  • [Fixed?] Corpses of wild chain spiders should now also be usable with the ride spider spell.
    • Untested.

DB:

• [Fixed] Register Chain Netch variants in correct order.
    • Wrong order could lead to incorrect material being used eg for restraints.

SCB_PreviewOf0.3.6-OldRim.7z 232.1 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for your replies

This version update looks very good!

I'm trying to 'settle in' a new game at the moment so I'll wait for the official release before I try this, tho, thanks

Meantime, Beasts in the wild really make for a challenge.  When your PC and followers are standing there in the snow, with only SCB gear equipped, no lockpicks, and looking at the boxes with their unobtainable gear ....  LOL

I installed this mod last night.  I love the idea; a RP partner of mine did a scene once with chain beasts and I have been into this niche creature ever since.

However, the only thing I could find in-game was the mines in Riverwood.  I couldn't find any traps, nor noticed any MCM menu for trap discovery chance or anything.  How do traps work?  

Also, I set options for chain beasts and bounties, but even after committing a few crimes I couldn't find any/none seemed to spawn.  Is there an explanation for that?

After I was put on a ZaZ device in Riverwood, I was left there and nothing else happened.  I know I can push the quest further with MCM commands but is something suppose to happen once you are bound to a ZaZ furniture? 

Lastly, how friendly is this mod with normal play?  I typically try to actually play Skyrim with LL mods on, in order to add some kinky danger to the game.  When playing around with them in Riverwood, they seemed very tough.  Is it possible to use this mod and still play the game normally?

Sorry if these are dumb questions.  I browsed through this topic but I couldn't find these answers.

On 9/12/2020 at 5:20 PM, setokiaba said:

I installed this mod last night.  I love the idea; a RP partner of mine did a scene once with chain beasts and I have been into this niche creature ever since.

However, the only thing I could find in-game was the mines in Riverwood.  I couldn't find any traps, nor noticed any MCM menu for trap discovery chance or anything.  How do traps work?  

Also, I set options for chain beasts and bounties, but even after committing a few crimes I couldn't find any/none seemed to spawn.  Is there an explanation for that?

After I was put on a ZaZ device in Riverwood, I was left there and nothing else happened.  I know I can push the quest further with MCM commands but is something suppose to happen once you are bound to a ZaZ furniture? 

Lastly, how friendly is this mod with normal play?  I typically try to actually play Skyrim with LL mods on, in order to add some kinky danger to the game.  When playing around with them in Riverwood, they seemed very tough.  Is it possible to use this mod and still play the game normally?

Sorry if these are dumb questions.  I browsed through this topic but I couldn't find these answers.

MCM options for traps are under plugings sub menu (traps are part of the integration plugin).

There aren't very many traps.  A few example locations that you may check out (somewhat of a spoiler obviously):

Spoiler

Hey what did I find here in the Ratway. Oeps...

Lets get across the bridge and head up them 7K steps...

Wonder what they make with al this silver up in that city over there.

Riverwood, despite being somewhat of a `Chain Beast hub',  only one standard trap as of V0.3.5.

and some more; not going to completely ruin the surprise...

Law enforcement beasts should spawn if you have a sufficiently high bounty (see MCM setting) in the current hold and are close to a recognized suitable summon point when the timer runs out.  I have not tested it recently, but that is how it should work.

Once in the furniture the PC/NPCs will be left there for the `punishment duration' (see also MCM), after which they are released again. This mod, at least, does nothing while they are in there.

Then for the hard one: How friendly is it to normal play?  This is why I initially only had the mine-summoned beasts; then the player had full control over when the beast would appear.  Later the beasts in the wild and the traps appeared to add more of a surprise element to it.

I guess it really depends on how you tweak the settings. You can make it really disruptive,  `occasional surprise', or only when I'm asking for it...  A group of Chain Beasts definitely has the potential to create a mess; capture leaves quest items, but friendly fire is possible in hectic battles which can make NPCs go nuts, captured NPCs may not be where some quest expects them.  Still, for the most part, getting large groups of beasts requires the player to actively work on that.

So possibly with some tweaking of settings (eg I would recommend setting low-percentage of stamina for capture, difficulty is inherently higher for melee than for ranged,/mage style fighters so can tweak to compensate for that), some common sense and some back up saves ;) I think it could work as an `additional danger'.

But perhaps others that have played with it active for a while have other views/tips...