Ask A Lemming

Ernest Lemmingway

12 minutes ago, worik said:

.. though ... while I am thinking about it...  neither movie nor discussion would leave room for a romantic end of the evening... ?️?

She has her period?

Not that. I have my suspicions about why she did it. A clue can be found in a prior post. First person to guess right gets a "tabodi!"

3 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

She made you watch a film with Rory Calhoun in it - there's a big clue right there. If she comes up with Watership Down and you have to listen to Art Carbuncle singing 'Bright Eyes'  . . .

I asked her, she doesn't even know or care who Rory Calhoun is. For that matter, I've never heard of him outside of an episode of The Simpsons where Mr. Burns wants to turn the greyhound puppies into clothing.

She told me she wanted to "scare me silly." As if my passing out at the first sight of b...bunnies is going to do a thing to restore my silliness. :classic_confused:

And no, my last two entries in Musings were not examples of my silliness. It was me relating what's going on around the glen right now. I made a stupid mistake and Moose just lost it after he went without his pro wrestling for too long.

4 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

She told me she wanted to "scare me silly."

So, with my " ... engaged into an emotional after-movie discussion/debate about the various aspects of terror ... " I havnt been THAT far off the twisted mice-o-logics. :classic_angel:

Now I wonder if that is a good or a bad sign ?

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2019 at 9:36 AM, Ernest Lemmingway said:

The lemming has a request. Given what's happened to me lately, and my complete and utter lack of skill or patience with paint programs, I would appreciate it if anyone could take my pixel-composed mug and turn it pink. So folks can see how silly I look in that color! Not the color of my flesh; my skin tone is more of a salmon shade. But my fur when I can't get any blueberries...oh, that is another matter altogether!

Mr Lemmingway, it might be a bit late but are you still up for that request? Because I did it anyway to see what it would look like.

Spoiler

lemmingwaymk2.png.c8e75fb6146e014b6a90e3bf5c11a038.png

...And I wan't disappointed.

1 hour ago, NitroHamlin said:

Mr Lemmingway, it might be a bit late but are you still up for that request? Because I did it anyway to see what it would look like.

Hide contents

lemmingwaymk2.png.c8e75fb6146e014b6a90e3bf5c11a038.png

...And I wan't disappointed.

Tabodi! :classic_biggrin:

Only you're a bit late. My fur has mostly gone back to blue. I've still got a few pink patches in places but mostly I'm blue again.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, @Weyland-Yutani Corp., some people are users and abusers who will never change because they don't want to change. Maybe they're narcissists, maybe they're just that entitled, or maybe they've just got one seriously fucked up "love map" as psychologists call it and will sleep anything, even your dog, because they "can't control themselves." Don't ask. ?

• 1 month later...

This came "anonymous" but I have a pretty good idea who sent it.

"Dear Ask a Lemming.

"You're going back to school to learn to be a lab tech, leaving behind a job that pays you nearly seventy-thousand a year for one that will barely pay forty. Why are you giving up such a lucrative job?!"

This a three-part answer I hope settles this once and for all.

1) My previous employer didn't bother keeping my training up to match new developments and certifications in systems engineering because they still used tech that was a decade out-of-date. So even at my new job my only qualifications are that I know the hardware and software that young people have no experience with or knowledge of. Since the company is trying to transition to newer tech all at once, they only need me around until they've finished getting everything in place and working.

2) I've lost all interest in computers beyond their use as a gaming platform. After seventeen years I'm burnt out on trying to keep up with the latest-and-greatest. I'm also burnt out on corporate office culture. Both of which lead to part three...

3) My job is literally killing me. It's not just blood pressure so high I gush like Old Faithful if I get a minor cut. I'd go into detail but it's a long and boring list of symptoms and full-blown issues. So I have a choice: go back to what I've loved since I was in elementary school (science) and learn a trade I have a passion for, or continue working and suffer a heart attack/stroke/cancer or two or all three at once before I turn forty.

The young people can work twelve- to fourteen-hour days for months on end in the pursuit of money. I'm older, not necessarily wiser but definitely more cynical, and I've done my time working those insane hours for money alone. If I can wake up in the morning (or evening, preferably) and not dread my day, that's a step forward.

Now quit asking about that and ask me questions I can help with. Like why driers always lose a sock. Or what your cats are doing when you're not home. Or what the meaning of life is (42).

• 4 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

This isn't a tech support thread, but go ahead.

? Now, I'll get myself a new bowl of popcorn and roll a dice which branch of reality will fuel the responses. ?

But while we are here, we might have a minute for someting completely different.

Mr. Lemmingway, is the climate crisis ?️ affecting the glen in any way? Is it harmful to the local fauna?

Are the animals already adapting to the change (faster than the superior *cough* humans?) and will survive?

1 hour ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

This isn't a tech support thread, but go ahead.

Well, it's actually about a little bit before troubleshooting. Everything I find and read turns out to be very overwhelming. One mod requires the installation of another and this other one requires another, but when I install and apply everything, I see options and abbreviations I have no idea what they mean and I don't know whether it comes already packed with the mod or needs to be pre-installed, and even that one comes with many options for people who prefer X or Y. I tried searching for a step-by-step, comprehensive and almost handholding-like tutorial/guide about how to set up a game with decent sexual content and from there look back at how things are done and try to really set my own personal preferences from there, but I couldn't find anything I could follow without setting myself in a loophole. I'm now maybe trying to find someone with enough time, patience and kindness to guide me through that process and show me one on one how they set their game up. Could you maybe help me, direct me to someone or somewhere I can read from almost absolute zero? I do know the very basics, how to use a mod manager to download and apply a mod and see it in-game, how to sort a load-order, select simplified options in the installation menu, some abbreviations and replacing basic options I find more fitting to my liking.

On 6/27/2019 at 12:21 PM, manjubao said:

Well, it's actually about a little bit before troubleshooting. Everything I find and read turns out to be very overwhelming. One mod requires the installation of another and this other one requires another, but when I install and apply everything, I see options and abbreviations I have no idea what they mean and I don't know whether it comes already packed with the mod or needs to be pre-installed, and even that one comes with many options for people who prefer X or Y. I tried searching for a step-by-step, comprehensive and almost handholding-like tutorial/guide about how to set up a game with decent sexual content and from there look back at how things are done and try to really set my own personal preferences from there, but I couldn't find anything I could follow without setting myself in a loophole. I'm now maybe trying to find someone with enough time, patience and kindness to guide me through that process and show me one on one how they set their game up. Could you maybe help me, direct me to someone or somewhere I can read from almost absolute zero? I do know the very basics, how to use a mod manager to download and apply a mod and see it in-game, how to sort a load-order, select simplified options in the installation menu, some abbreviations and replacing basic options I find more fitting to my liking.

Try asking the member here @Psalam. He's pretty good at modding, patient, and understands a lot of the things even I don't know.

On 6/27/2019 at 2:21 PM, manjubao said:

11 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Try asking the member here @Psalam. He's pretty good at modding, patient, and understands a lot of the things even I don't know.

Before you go too far, let me start by recommending Donttouchmethere's blog:

This is an excellent step-by-step guide to getting started with Skyrim, in general, and with the SexLab basics thrown in. If you go through it and have questions OR if you have questions after completing it, feel free to contact me.

• 2 months later...

This is a question I've been getting most of summer and I didn't want to answer until I knew myself what was wrong.

"Dear Ask A Lemming,

"We haven't seen you update your Musings or even appear much on LL all season. What's going on?"

Well I finally got my test results from the lab and the results are astonishing but not completely unexpected. I've been suffering unexplained fatigue and lack of interest in anything since June. The stress of work, school, and then having to babysit my nephews has thrown my eating habits completely out of whack. I grabbed what I could but it wasn't enough and I began suffering from early malnutrition. Even now my nutrient intake is lacking in vitamin D and protein. The really sick part about malnutrition is that one of the symptoms is a lack of appetite, just making things even worse. Of course the stress just made it harder for my body to absorb badly needed nutrients and in the minuscule amounts I was taking them in I didn't have a chance. I've had to take a leave of absence from school and forced my sister to find a real babysitter while I focus on recovery.

For a while I was worried it was anemia because of my history of gastrointestinal bleeding. Or diabetes because of my family history. No, it's just me being overworked and unable to get time to eat or even hit the grocery store!

TL;DR I was--still am, technically--slowly starving to death due to stress and no time to myself to eat. I'm getting better but it takes time.

• 1 month later...

Hello Ernest, long time listener first time caller. Hope you get well soon.

I have two questions for your esteemed lemmingness:

Firstly, I'm fast approaching forty - not mentally obviously, in my head I'm still 17, but physically I'm fast approaching forty.  Given this and the current level of unemployment, the difficultly of retraining later in ones life and the fact that no one has a "job for life" anymore. My first question is:  Am I too old to still be on Grindr?

Secondly, the legalised Gay marriage thing is great for LGBT rights and all, but I'm back to the situation where my mum asks why I'm not married yet every time i speak to her.  Not really a question I just wanted to point out the law of unintended consequences. Alright alright! I suppose I can make it a question, any advice?

Thanking you in advance, 

Stay strong, stay cool, and stay away from Richard Gere.

Dear @D3nt0n, for the first question, no. You're never too old to be using a dating app. If that was possible, I'd be in trouble as well!

As for the second, there are some ways around that. The first is to get the tubes tied and then claim you went to the doctor and found out you have a low sperm count (I'm assuming that's possible for a futa based on your avatar?) due to decades of wearing too-tight underwear. That also assumes she's after you because she wants grandchildren. If she just wants to see you get married then you're out of luck because I can't really help there. The only advice I have is to avoid her as much as possible, preferably meeting only during holidays and family reunions. If at all possible, try to get work on those days so you have a legitimate excuse not to go.

Archived