SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

I'm getting a CTD immediately on startup and can't figure it out.

I'd been running the game with mods just fine up until Steam forced the update to AE and then sort of let the game fall by the wayside for a bit because I didn't have the patience to fight all the mods that hadn't gotten updates at the time. Got back in and I've installed updates to my mods and they're all in the same load order they used to be but without fail I get a CTD immediately on startup. (In a couple cases I got as far as the Bethesda logo but that's as far as I've been getting.) I've downloaded and am using SKSE 2.1.5 for game version 1.6.353 which I've confirmed in my steamapps/common is indeed my game version. I've verified the integrity of the game files and running it straight from Steam rather than SKSE works fine and I can get into the game and play it so the download isn't the problem.

I tried to enable logging but it's not writing the logs anywhere but BOSS is telling me "Error: SexLab.esm is not present or is not active. Skyrim will CTD when loading if using this file without it." The weird thing is from what I can tell that esm is enabled. I'm running NMM and it's showing up in my Plugins as active early on in the load order like it should be. Wrye Bash confirms that the esm is present and where it should be with its blue box and checkmark (and none of my active mods are showing any issues) and LOOT isn't showing anything as dirty or broken.

In other words I'm at a loss as to what I could be doing wrong here, especially since it did work pre-AE update and if I anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it before I have to go in and do a complete wipe and reinstall of all mods.

Edited by Waggish
typo
6 hours ago, Waggish said:

I'm getting a CTD immediately on startup and can't figure it out.

I'd been running the game with mods just fine up until Steam forced the update to AE and then sort of let the game fall by the wayside for a bit because I didn't have the patience to fight all the mods that hadn't gotten updates at the time. Got back in and I've installed updates to my mods and they're all in the same load order they used to be but without fail I get a CTD immediately on startup. (In a couple cases I got as far as the Bethesda logo but that's as far as I've been getting.) I've downloaded and am using SKSE 2.1.5 for game version 1.6.353 which I've confirmed in my steamapps/common is indeed my game version. I've verified the integrity of the game files and running it straight from Steam rather than SKSE works fine and I can get into the game and play it so the download isn't the problem.

I tried to enable logging but it's not writing the logs anywhere but BOSS is telling me "Error: SexLab.esm is not present or is not active. Skyrim will CTD when loading if using this file without it." The weird thing is from what I can tell that esm is enabled. I'm running NMM and it's showing up in my Plugins as active early on in the load order like it should be. Wrye Bash confirms that the esm is present and where it should be with its blue box and checkmark (and none of my active mods are showing any issues) and LOOT isn't showing anything as dirty or broken.

In other words I'm at a loss as to what I could be doing wrong here, especially since it did work pre-AE update and if I anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it before I have to go in and do a complete wipe and reinstall of all mods.

Make sure of update all your DLL Mods to AE. Download and install the SexLab for AE that is the v1.64 and check and download the new dependency for AE

6 hours ago, Bullfye said:

Just a question could it be a way of adding Futanari in the genders selection in main MCM menu , and maybe developing a all new animations tab for it , it would be ver cool !??

SexLab already support Futa actors but still is a bit buggy on this version. For better support check my "SexLab Utility Plus" that is basically a unofficial update.

By the way SexLab identify the actor as Futa when his SexLab Gender is different from his Vanilla Sex. That means that you can just change the gender of the actor on the Animation Settings page of the SexLab MCM or use some of the Mods that automatically do that when the actor is using a Futanari Schlong.

2 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

SexLab already support Futa actors but still is a bit buggy on this version. For better support check my "SexLab Utility Plus" that is basically a unofficial update.

By the way SexLab identify the actor as Futa when his SexLab Gender is different from his Vanilla Sex. That means that you can just change the gender of the actor on the Animation Settings page of the SexLab MCM or use some of the Mods that automatically do that when the actor is using a Futanari Schlong.

Checked your latest version of SL Utility Plus and is it for SE AE or works with SE AE ?

I saw that in requirements it works with the latest SL fo AE version but yours I have no idea ! 

P: me and my fast reply ..saw the installer appear in MO2 .. lol coast is clear my bad !

Edited by Bullfye
5 hours ago, Bullfye said:

Checked your latest version of SL Utility Plus and is it for SE AE or works with SE AE ?

I saw that in requirements it works with the latest SL fo AE version but yours I have no idea ! 

P: me and my fast reply ..saw the installer appear in MO2 .. lol coast is clear my bad !

You already have the answer but to be clear, the "SexLab Until Plus" and most of my Mods are compatible with all the editions of Skyrim. And in some cases my setups even detect your Skyrim version and install the required files.

On 4/1/2022 at 8:38 PM, VeraDra said:

SE -> 1.5 and before (Previous versions of the game did not have an easy way to distinguish them apart from the version number).

AE -> 1.6+ (more than likely). EVERYONE who updates or installs the game will have this version.

This is concise, widely shared and understood, and fully supported by actual events:

• The first version 1.6.x (with or without paid content) was released on Skyrim's 10th anniversary. Thus, by definition, any version 1.6.x is the/an Anniversary Edition
  • All versions 1.6.x (with or without paid content) were recompiled with Visual Studio 2019, rendering them incompatible with all previous versions and with SKSE64
On 4/2/2022 at 10:37 AM, Roggvir said:

"Anniversary Edition" (AE) is something you have to buy, and it is the game and bunch of CC crap.
"Anniversary Upgrade" (AU) is also something you have to buy, and it is just the CC crap (no game included, you have to have it, or buy it separately).

"Anniversary Update" is what some call the regular game update to bare (S)SE, an update that comes with just some lame CC mods.

The above hypothesis is your opinion, of course, just as this rebuttal post is my opinion, but the "AE/AU/other AU" hypothesis is not supported by logic, nor by the very definition of the words "Anniversary Edition" nor by the only differentiation factor that actually matters to anyone, i.e. AE's incompatibility with previous SSE versions, SKSE64 (at the time of AE release), and many native code sensitive DLL mods.

I would respectfully submit that your definitions (quoted above) are Rube Goldbergishly overcomplicated, not widely shared or understood (if at all- I have never seen them anywhere other than in your quoted post) and not coincident with the one and only defining characteristic that matters to anyone: the incompatibility between all previously-released versions of 64-bit Skyrim and the versions released on and after the game's 10th Anniversary date. The matter of how much Crapware Club garbage was included in this or that AE release is irrelevant to anyone except Bethesda.

17 hours ago, Waggish said:

I get a CTD immediately on startup

CTD on launch is usually a missing Master. SSEEdit, Wrye Bash, Vortex, MO2 and LOOT can all tell you about Missing Masters.

In rare cases, CTD on launch can be caused by a bad texture (dds) file, e.g. dimensions not divisible by 4 or an uncompressed cubemap. Both of these texture issues were OK in Oldrim, but are not OK in SSE. You can use NifOptimizer's Texture Scan to find any bad textures, then GIMP, Photoshop or any similar graphics utility (with a dds plugin) to fix any bad texture files found by NifOptimizer.

BOSS is telling me [...]

Now there's a utility I haven't seen mentioned in 5 years! You might consider jumping into the nineties and using Vortex+LOOT or MO2+LOOT or Wrye Bash instead of [whatever Mod Manager]+BOSS.

"Error: SexLab.esm is not present or is not active. Skyrim will CTD when loading if using this file without it."

Bingo! This confirms what I just posted above. You need to install/activate (the correct version of) SexLab Framework and make sure that SexLab.esm is activated. Again, Vortex or MO2 should make this a lot easier for you to do.

AE in general is a mess of changed script and badly set up creation club alterations for AE DLC, a few creations cause an increase in game freezing and CTD's after completion like battle of the champions the AE DLC effected version of this creation has been documented to cause an escalation in freezes and crashes after completion, one could hope bethesda is forced to fix this but hope doesn't shine on elderscrolls lol.

as for SLF make sure you version match your mods 1.6.353 is the current game runtime make sure everything is for it don't expect address lib to fix all the issues and don't attempt to install it in a save if one of the two number. are filled eg 16401/16401 and the other is 0/16401 the game will CTD every time ya try if ya get this bug although its more AE causing this one instead of SLF

Alright, I'm at a headscratcher with my issue.

I'm running the following:

FNIS Behavior SE 7_6 XXL

FNIS Spells SE 7.0

My FNIS output has the scripts and tools folders etc  The regular animations all seem fine with no issues at all.

for Sexlab I'm running:

SexLabFrameworkAE_v164c

SLAnimLoader

Patched SE SL TOOLS Updated

SexLabMatchMaker

MassMatchmaker

ZaZ Animation Pack+ CBBE HDT V.8.0+SEREV3

Billyy's SLAL Animations 5.4

I have used SLAnimLoader to load the SLAL pack.  Sexlabs shows 263 loaded animations, and I have removed all of the filtering.  Everything looks fine, however when I go to run a sex animation it seems as if most of them aren't actually loaded up correctly.  In the console I can see it selecting one of the Billy animations and then skipping to Zaz Facefuck (which does play accurately).  When I use tools 'shift H' to select another tag I only get a few animations showing up to use at all and all of them are Zaz animations.

This is a new game, I initially tried out some new Leito animations and tried running FNIS Creatures but due to these issues I got rid of both them thinking maybe they were the issue.  Nothing I try though seems to clear up the issue.  The game before this everything was peachy fine, I'm not sure why I'm having this issue now.

Has anyone ever experienced something like this?

Edit: Hopefully I found the right papyrus entries.

2ND Edit: Ok it might be something with the settings?  Running Clean in SexLabs seems to have helped.  Still not sure what setting blocked most of the animations.

papyrus.txt

Edited by Amazonian Ara
added a file

Hello.
So here it is, I wanted to upgrade to 1.5.90 to try out a mod that I wanted.
So I did the maneuvers to install AE and then downgrade to 1.5.90. 
After having all the settings, I activate Address librairy for 15.80 for my mods since I was under 1.5.80 before.
I launch the game, all is well. Except that my version of sexlabs doesn't work well with version 1.5.90, the characters teleport out of the set during animations,.
I install the last version of sexlab. 
I'm waiting for it to be installed and activated correctly.
Except that once finished, when I want to make the settings again, it's CTD direct.
Is there a solution?

12 hours ago, hana120 said:

Hello.
So here it is, I wanted to upgrade to 1.5.90 to try out a mod that I wanted.
So I did the maneuvers to install AE and then downgrade to 1.5.90. 
After having all the settings, I activate Address librairy for 15.80 for my mods since I was under 1.5.80 before.
I launch the game, all is well. Except that my version of sexlabs doesn't work well with version 1.5.90, the characters teleport out of the set during animations,.
I install the last version of sexlab. 
I'm waiting for it to be installed and activated correctly.
Except that once finished, when I want to make the settings again, it's CTD direct.
Is there a solution?

Your post is a bit confusing since there has never been a version 1.5.90 of Skyrim AFAIK. However, I suspect that you mean 1.5.97, the last SSE version before the 1.6.xx (recompiled "AE") versions. If you do have game version 1.5.97, you need SKSE64 v2.00.20 (or .19 or .17 if you have mods that have not been updated for 2.00.20) and, most importantly, SexLab Framework 1.63 (non-beta). SexLab 1.64x doesn't work for the pre-recompiled versions of the game (beginning with 1.5).

Also, if you are using game 1.5.97 as I suspect, you need Address Library AIO for SSE 1.5.x v2.

Edited by Vyxenne
Because her Address Library is important
9 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

Your post is a bit confusing since there has never been a version 1.5.90 of Skyrim AFAIK. However, I suspect that you mean 1.5.97, the last SSE version before the 1.6.xx (recompiled "AE") versions. If you do have game version 1.5.97, you need SKSE64 v2.00.20 (or .19 or .17 if you have mods that have not been updated for 2.00.20) and, most importantly, SexLab Framework 1.63 (non-beta). SexLab 1.64x doesn't work for the pre-recompiled versions of the game (beginning with 1.5).

Also, if you are using game 1.5.97 as I suspect, you need Address Library AIO for SSE 1.5.x v2.

For Adress Librairy, I have the independent version 1.5.80.
Because I had already tried the aio version and it made me crash the game for a while when I wanted to save.
For Sexlab, it's the 1.63 version that I had taken.

P.S: Finally, I found a better way to use the mod I wanted. Skyshade.
Instead of taking the SE version and upgrading to 1.5.97 with the recent SE version of Sexlab.
I took the LE version of the Skyshade mod, converted it to SE format and installed it and it works.
This way I can use it and still run 1.5.80.

Edited by hana120

Well, unfortunately the mod only worked halfway. Purple or orange canvas.
And the SE version only works under 1.5.97 or AE.
I give up. I'll stay with 1.5.80. And even if I put the AIO 1.5.x from Adresse Librairy and the right version of Sexlab for SE, it crashes as soon as I go into its mcm to make the settings (import expressions, etc).

My idea is that I wanted to use the Shyshade mod https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/36268?tab=description
to create paintings of my companions as well as some sex scenes from npcs.
But I'm going to let it go.
The author of this mod should have made a version of his mod that runs on any version of S.E and not just 1.5.97 and AE.

3 hours ago, hana120 said:

The author of this mod should have made a version of his mod that runs on any version of S.E and not just 1.5.97 and AE.

1.5.97 is from November 2019. If you haven't catch up by now please do so. Mod authors can mod and support thing so much before it becomes an impractical joke. I feel like for every mod you're holding on 1.5.80 you're missing 2-3 mods that came out for 1.5.97 or later.

24 minutes ago, hana120 said:

I have already tried to upgrade to 1.5.97 but then I get annoyed with Sexlab.

SL works fine on 1.5.97, given that all your other mods are also for that version (and that your game doesn't have files from older mods/versions).

Edited by Just Don't
29 minutes ago, Just Don't said:

SL works fine on 1.5.97, given that all your other mods are also for that version (and that your game doesn't have files from older mods/versions).

In fact, I keep my old version of sexlab that I've always used.
And when I wanted to try with 1.5.97, I deactivated my old version and installed the version of sexlab for 1.5.97 by renaming it not to delete the other one.
The problem is when I want to go and make settings in the mcm to import the expressions etc. It crashes.

10 hours ago, Just Don't said:
11 hours ago, hana120 said:

I have already tried to upgrade to 1.5.97 but then I get annoyed with Sexlab.

Edited by Just Don't

^^^^^This.^^^^^

I'm sticking with SSE 1.5.97 until some new mod (or enhancement of one I'm already using) that works only with AE builds (1.6.x) offers some new functionality that I can't live without. I held off moving from SL "1.63 Beta 8.5" (the GitHub version from March, 2020) to 1.63 (non beta) until the thread posts (particularly those of @OsmelMC) reflected a "final" build with most of the bugs squashed, particularly when used with SLU+ and his SL weapon remover. Once I finally installed SL 1.63, I found that It Just Works™.

Edited by Vyxenne
8 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

^^^^^This.^^^^^

I'm sticking with SSE 1.5.97 until some new mod (or enhancement of one I'm already using) that works only with AE builds (1.6.x) offers some new functionality that I can't live without. I held off moving from SL "1.63 Beta 8.5" (the GitHub version from March, 2020) to 1.63 (non beta) until the thread posts (particularly those of @OsmelMC) reflected a "final" build with most of the bugs squashed, particularly when used with SLU+ and his SL weapon remover. Once I finally installed SL 1.63, I found that It Just Works™.

The version I currently use of Sexlab is version 163beta7.
If I try to use it while being under skyrim 1.5.97, the animations will work but the characters will be teleported out of scenery.
Under 1.5.80, it works perfectly.
On the other hand for the recent 163 on Loverslab, while being under 1.5.97, as soon as I try to make adjustments in the mcm, it is CTD immediately.
Afterwards, maybe my fault, because when I install the new version of Sexlab, I don't merge. I install it one piece.
I don't know if it's an incompatibility or not.
Also, I noticed that the Utility module is introduced in this version.
Module that I don't really use being that I use the ahegao sexlab mod for languages.

Edited by hana120