prinyo

How to: SL in VR, step by step tutorial

This tutorial handles installing the mods needed to get SL working in VR. But not the basics of modding, using mod managers, SKSE or FNIS.

The point is to provide links to the relevant mods and the proper install order.

1. Install SKSEVR (download the VR version). Installing and using it is the same as the SKSE for Oldrim and SSE.

2. Inslall SkyUI VR.

3. Install FNIS Behavior VR 7_5_1 XXL (it is in the Optional files).

4. Install Sex Lab SSE.

5. Install XPMSSE

6. Install PapyrusUtil VR (it is in miscellaneous files) It will overwrite one file from SL.

7. Install the VR patch for SL, choose one of those:

- Version with VRIK integration for improved experience

or

- Version that doesn't require VRIK

8. Run FNIS for users.

9. In game open the MCM of SL and install it.

10. (optional) You can get access to more animations by installing SLAL (SexLab Animation Loader)

After installing it you can choose to install different animation packs. One way of finding packs is by searching the download section of LL - only choose packs with SE or SSE in the name.

Those are the basic steps in order to have SL working in VR. You can now choose some of the SL mods to enjoy.

For a list of mods to get you started - click here.

For DD mods - follow this tutorial

For creature mods - all tutorials and steps to make them work in SSE should be OK for VR.

Thank you for the guide, unfortunetly I cannot get this to work.

I tried once and everytime I start a new game i'm off the wagon and the world is spinning around a million miles an min.

I started from scratch, the issue occurs after step 4-6 which I did all at once.  I tried with vrik 1st time without second time exact same issue.

I have other mods installed so disabled all of them and still experiening same issue, any ideas?

I mod aplenty, so all the basics should be ok, use sksevr to launch etc.

I'm at a total loss, so any help would be great

1 hour ago, Thatguy850 said:

I tried once and everytime I start a new game i'm off the wagon and the world is spinning around a million miles an min.

It is a good idea to not install mods until after Helgen.

I would suggest playing without mods until exiting the cave and them make a save there and try installing mods.

Alternatively LAL is working in VR, but I'm not sure how easy it is to install - I had to unpack the bsa file to have the game start.

The new VR patch for the full Beta is a major improvement. Many standard SE mods as well as most animations are running fine and sometimes are breathtaking immersive.

Though, i was unable to find a way to add custom races to SL.

Before, when using SL Light, there was the "add custom race" spell, but so far i was not able to find such an option or respective mod for the full SL.

Is there any mod/workaround?

On 12/9/2019 at 11:16 PM, Thatguy850 said:

I had the same issue and fixed it just by running FNIS

First of all, kudos to @prinyo for taking time to write these instructions. Seriously, it's easy to follow and saves many hours of trial and error for Skyrim VR newcomers like myself.

I'm so close to getting it all to work, I'm about to lose my sanity over here 'cause everything else works just fine. I've done every step like advised but for some reason, I can't get Sexlab 1.63b to recognize PapyrusVR.

papyrus.thumb.jpeg.7c92dc4246b915828cd726a35aa7d633.jpeg

When opening Vortex is get a script extender plugin error "PapyrusUtil.dll" (SexLabFrameworkSE_v163_BETA8.7z) reported as incompatible during query. I have Papyrus VR 3.6 installed and enabled, but I cannot see it in active Plugins, should I be able to see it?

Also I have this mystery file on Skyrim VR main folder "PapyrusUtilDev.txt" and when I open it, it says "unsupported runtime version 010400F1" so I'm thinking it's related to my issue.

Also on Skyrim VR main folder, I have "SexLab" textfile with the following opening lines:

SexLabUtil
Initializing Plugin
Registering Functions
Papyrus Loading File: ../SexLab/AnimationProfile_0.json
    File does not exists: Data/SKSE/Plugins/SexLab/../SexLab/AnimationProfile_0.json

I know it's a shot in the dark but any ideas? Anyone? Help a noob out

9 hours ago, castorpollux said:

I have Papyrus VR 3.6 installed and enabled, but I cannot see it in active Plugins, should I be able to see it?

Nope. It has no plugin so you are not going to see it in this list.

When opening Vortex is get a script extender plugin error "PapyrusUtil.dll" (SexLabFrameworkSE_v163_BETA8.7z) reported as incompatible during query.

Looks like you have installed SL after installing PapyrusUtil. I suggest reinstalling PapyrusUtil and letting it overwrite the files it wants. This should fix the problem.

If it still doesn't work you can try removing the PapyrusUtill dll file from SL and installing it again: Uninstall SL, unzip the SL mod somewhere on your PC and delete " PapyrusUtil.dll" that is in the directory "SKSE/Plugins", zip it again and install this new archive. Now the only dll you will have installed is the correct one.

File does not exists: Data/SKSE/Plugins/SexLab/../SexLab/AnimationProfile_0.json

That's OK. Those files will be created if/when needed.

1 hour ago, prinyo said:

If it still doesn't work you can try removing the PapyrusUtill dll file from SL and installing it again: Uninstall SL, unzip the SL mod somewhere on your PC and delete " PapyrusUtil.dll" that is in the directory "SKSE/Plugins", zip it again and install this new archive. Now the only dll you will have installed is the correct one.

This here seems to be the fix I was looking for, thank you so much! 👍

I'm having an issue I was hoping someone could help with. I have all the mods installed. But for some reason it is not loading the MCM.

Skyui seems to be working, and there's an MCM tab. But it has a $ next to it and it won't load any menu options. So because I can't actually start Sexlab, I can't tell if anything else is really working correctly or not.

On 2/7/2020 at 9:42 AM, moonbreeze said:

Now if we could get Fuz Ro D-oh Silent Voice work in VR...

There is a workaround but it's very mafan to use, I haven't tried it yet (I may give it a go this week end ?)

I understand it's what block mods like Simple Slavery (the auctions), bondage furniture world or the quests of Paradise Hall's home sweet home... ?

Here is a link of someone explaining the workflow: https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimvr/comments/cvd6mr/quest_mods_that_require_fuz_ro_doh/

edit: So, I did reach the part of the quest of PAH Home that does require Fuz Ro D'oh. Turns out, it doesn't make the game crash or anything, it just displays the subtitle very quickly. Persistance of vision still allows you to read all though (even though english is not my first language, I never felt like I missed a part), so it's not always the "hard" requirement mod descriptions would make you think it is. Heard it makes "Simple Slavery" auction not work though, so maybe in some cases it is ?

Hi, really liking the method to work on VR, is there a way to be able to use the Oculus rift controllers to control the stages? Currently Im having to use the keyboard and it isn't always useful specially when away from the desk

14 hours ago, terminector said:

Hi, really liking the method to work on VR, is there a way to be able to use the Oculus rift controllers to control the stages? Currently Im having to use the keyboard and it isn't always useful specially when away from the desk

From my experience you can use sexlab MCM to set hotkeys to A B and the two left triggers. The hold hotkey to reverse doesnt work tho from what I've tried.

By default, the VRIK gesture to skip to next stage is right, open the sexlab MCM menu during a scene, it will display the menu control and a reminder of the gestures you can use.

On 3/3/2020 at 2:58 PM, APL3 said:

By default, the VRIK gesture to skip to next stage is right, open the sexlab MCM menu during a scene, it will display the menu control and a reminder of the gestures you can use.

ive looked at the MCM for VRIK and sexlab and the gestures dont make sense to me, i have an oculus, could that be the issue?

In VRIK menu u can set what hotkey u want to do gestures i have vive so for me its "Press and hold grip, move controller to right, release" which advance animation to next stage if u want to return to previous stage do the same but move controller to the left, from vrik mod description page  for rift its says  Press thumbstick, move hand, release so i guess ur trigger button is thumbstick. Sexlab menu only tells u in what direction u need to move controller to preform certain actions.

On 3/4/2020 at 7:06 PM, terminector said:

ive looked at the MCM for VRIK and sexlab and the gestures dont make sense to me, i have an oculus, could that be the issue?

I'd recommend grabbing the latest VRIK dev builds from the sticky post on my Nexus page.  The most up to date currently is Build 22 of V0.8.1.  It simplifies the gesture MCM a bit and allows you to define which buttons are used for gestures on any type of controller.  When you're in an SL scene, SL uses its own set of gestures for scene controls.  They'll normally use the first button you have picked on the Controls page along with a specific motion - You press the button, move the controller, and let go.  The Nexus description page also has a little guide I wrote with more info on using the VRIK gesture system.

Thanks for the guide but can someone help please? I tried the exact steps but in the MCM menu, there is no prerequisition checks, and when I click install, some messages shows up saying sexlab is ready, which is not, because the MCM menu remains like this, and the spells don't trigger animations. FNIS has been run. I am using minimum mod list for testing, just the above mods. If someone know how to solve this will greatly appreciate it~💪

screenshot.PNG.670e1974ff53b89caeb3f52de6231f6e.PNG

Hello, first of all thank you very much for uploading this tutorial.
It was very useful and I was able to install it correctly.
But for some reason I don't understand, my male character does the female animations,
although he clearly says he is male. Any idea what it could be?

On 4/24/2020 at 2:14 AM, Sanmunew said:

Thanks for the guide but can someone help please? I tried the exact steps but in the MCM menu, there is no prerequisition checks, and when I click install, some messages shows up saying sexlab is ready, which is not, because the MCM menu remains like this, and the spells don't trigger animations. FNIS has been run. I am using minimum mod list for testing, just the above mods. If someone know how to solve this will greatly appreciate it~💪

screenshot.PNG.670e1974ff53b89caeb3f52de6231f6e.PNG

damn doesnt install for me either wish i knew dammit

Thanks for this information. I'm new to modding and while it has been a fun experience, it is also kind of difficult for me lol. I keep getting error SexLabUtil.dll (00000001 SexLabUtil 00000001) reported as incompatible during query. Any ideas on how to fix this?

14 hours ago, MidKnightKC said:

Thanks for this information. I'm new to modding and while it has been a fun experience, it is also kind of difficult for me lol. I keep getting error SexLabUtil.dll (00000001 SexLabUtil 00000001) reported as incompatible during query. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Reinstall the SL VR patch and let it overwrite the DLL.