SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

Forgive me for being stupid but I'm stumped. I'm trying to make a simple little dialogue mod but when I try to declare the property "SexLabFramework Property SexLab Auto" I get the error "unknown type sexlabframework".  I'm running SexLab 1.64C, Skyrim 1.6.353, skse: 2.1.5, SkyUI 5.2, and address library All in one (Anniversary Edition).

I'm not completely ignorant about SexLab having used the LE version for years for private mods without a problem. I recall we had to use the SkyUI SDK for SexLab scripts to compile is that the case for the AE version as well? If so where can I find it for AE?

4 hours ago, mayamnf1 said:

Forgive me for being stupid but I'm stumped. I'm trying to make a simple little dialogue mod but when I try to declare the property "SexLabFramework Property SexLab Auto" I get the error "unknown type sexlabframework".  I'm running SexLab 1.64C, Skyrim 1.6.353, skse: 2.1.5, SkyUI 5.2, and address library All in one (Anniversary Edition).

Could be because while some mods adopted the new "Data\source\scripts" path, others (like Sexlab) stuck with the old "Data\scripts\source" path. I had to move Sexlab's source earlier today when I was writing a mod before the Papyrus compiler would recognize it.

18 hours ago, John1963 said:

This mod will not load into my SkyrimSE game. It is listed as a mod but wont install into the game. The game I am playing does not have the AE installed into it

Check the product version of your SkyrimSE.exe, then get the corresponding SKSE and Sexlab Framework for that version.

I'm not questioning your knowledge on this matter, but too often people say "I didn't get AE" and they still get the AE update, which is free for everyone owning Skyrim SE on Steam and they get it automatically because Steam updates aren't disabled. So usually you can save a lot of time by referring to the executable version instead of SE/AE distinctions.

Edited by Just Don't

I'm probably stupid but how do you get SexLab to save the AnimationProfile.json storing the scene adjustments somewhere other than MO2's overwrite? Don't like having to re-adjust dick angles for each scene every time after I create a mod from the overwrite folder.

40 minutes ago, weyex said:

I'm probably stupid but how do you get SexLab to save the AnimationProfile.json storing the scene adjustments somewhere other than MO2's overwrite? Don't like having to re-adjust dick angles for each scene every time after I create a mod from the overwrite folder.

Creating a mod from Overwrite should not prevent the SL from accessing that file unless the file is being deleted, or placed in the wrong folder in the process, or the new mod is not enabled.

99% of the time you can just leave the files in Overwrite, and they will function as expected. The only problem with this will come when you need to delete some of those files, and they are all mixed together.

Ideally you want to create a set of output mods "SKSE Output", "FNIS Output", "BodySlide Output", etc. Then configure the Tools > Executables settings for each of those tools to create new files in those mods instead of Overwrite.

On 5/29/2022 at 3:10 PM, Just Don't said:

Check the product version of your SkyrimSE.exe, then get the corresponding SKSE and Sexlab Framework for that version.

I'm not questioning your knowledge on this matter, but too often people say "I didn't get AE" and they still get the AE update, which is free for everyone owning Skyrim SE on Steam and they get it automatically because Steam updates aren't disabled. So usually you can save a lot of time by referring to the executable version instead of SE/AE distinctions.

Well I installed the SE/AE version and I still get the same results

3 hours ago, John1963 said:

If only there was a way to accurately tell which version is for a specific game... Seriously, check your exe version, then your SKSE, then the SL Framework you have. When all these things match things should work (unless you made another mistake somewhere else).

12 minutes ago, delgathar said:

So more informative console seems to conflict with the framework interface/console.swf.  Is something important being lost here, or does it not affect gameplay?  I can't edit a swf to figure this out myself or I would.  Thank you.

Which SL version do you have? console.swf used to be included in the zipped file a while ago, but the current files (163 and 164c) don't include it anymore. You're fine overwriting/deleting the console.swf from SL anyways.

8 hours ago, John1963 said:
On 5/29/2022 at 5:10 PM, Just Don't said:

So usually you can save a lot of time by referring to the executable version instead of SE/AE distinctions.

:cry:

I'm not sure where to ask this so my apologies in advance. I have sexlab defeat and cursed loot installed. Every time a sex scene should initiate I get teleported somewhere before the time. At the moment into darkfall passage where falmers attack before the scene scene can start. Does anyone have any idea why I get teleported before scenes? It happens when defeated via sexlab defeat and solicitation with cursed loot.

I feel like an idiot for asking this, but is there any other mods I need to the character and npcs have sex? It's been a few years since I modded skyrim and I completely forgot how to mod. ? 

Edit: I do have sexlab installed, but I can't have any sex interactions. The only spell I have is erection, and I assume I have the right mod order (hasn't crashed yet). It's like it's not installed at all.

Edited by ExtraGlade
More information

Not exactly sure were to post this, but I have an issue where when the scene starts, the player and actor get teleported and displaced. (skyrimVR btw) If I activate the scene outdoors, I get teleported into the sky, and if I do it indoors I get teleported underground or to the side of the building. The scene plays out normally, with all the animations, but the actors are not lined up. I'mm using sexlabFrameworkSE_v163_Beta8 with the SL VRpatch Beta 8 38 loaded before, (vortex says the patch is redundant, not sure why) along with the most recent VRIK version. FNIS is also working as it should. I have tried activating scenes in different locations and with different npc's and tried to fix it by using the rebuild and clean option in sexlab. I also tried tinkering with various settings within SL, but nothing has worked. 

Is there a reason why the hotkeys to adjust animation position sometimes SKIP A PRESS? Example "Up, Up, *[press up but skips movements]*, Up (but now moves two spaces because of the skipped movement). This seems to happen more and more as the amount of animations I adjust grows.

Why the hell is it so finicky in registering every individual keypress correctly? Sometimes I'll hold down shift to execute the opposite interaction, an example being moving down instead of up, but the god damn adjustment just goes up anyway. This is a massive fucking pain as then you have to press "realign" to see movements were truly registered.

It's always been like this regardless if I have only 20 mods installed or 1,200. Is this just something that cannot be escaped with SexLab?

On 6/1/2022 at 10:59 PM, XZANTAl said:

The mod for some reason does not do anything, whenever I go to the mod menu to install sexlab in game, it does absolutley nothing.

Mods.png

The Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Special Edition Screenshot 2022.06.01 - 22.56.14.15.png

SexLab install itself the next Load Game after the player get Unbound. That's because until that point some of the required Mods are still on the installation process. 

You can force the setup but at least you have to wait until the creation of the player.

6 hours ago, baglewagles said:

It's always been like this regardless if I have only 20 mods installed or 1,200. Is this just something that cannot be escaped with SexLab?

It has always been like this I believe.

I was trying to figure out how one could implement something similar to the smooth and silent movement in Screenshotpad (including individual actor rotation etc.) using the numeric keys but my understanding of papyrus is pretty weak. The movement functions in Screenshotpad make sense to me, in Sexlab I am not even sure I located the right section in the scripts or not, but there is a lot of code to go through in comparison.

Edited by modball
spellin'
9 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

SexLab install itself the next Load Game after the player get Unbound. That's because until that point some of the required Mods are still on the installation process. 

You can force the setup but at least you have to wait until the creation of the player.

So I waited until after that part, but declan still won’t install, is there a way to force it to install using a command?

2 hours ago, XZANTAl said:

So I waited until after that part, but declan still won’t install, is there a way to force it to install using a command?

Installing the correct SL version for your game, having its requirements and waiting to have full control of your character is all you need to begin the ingame SL installation. If you need to force it you're doing something wrong.

Refer to the "Note on downloads" near the beginning of the mod description and the "Requirements" part to check the specifics. 

Edited by Just Don't
On 5/23/2022 at 1:43 PM, Just Don't said:

Americans write mm/dd/yyyy instead of dd/mm/yyyy like most of the other countries. So that "01/07" is Jan 7 and not 1st of July.

why do you want to go all mixed up instead of smallest to largest? day month year

1 hour ago, fredddyyy said:

why do you want to go all mixed up instead of smallest to largest? day month year

Well, to put it simply I don't. I'm not even an US citizen nor do I live in there. I just know that's how they write dates and use that knowledge to navigate the internets (sic).

Anyways, the dates in the mod page are correct, this is a bit out of the scope of the thread and again I don't write dates that way (I also use the metric system).

Edited by Just Don't
5 hours ago, Just Don't said:

Well, to put it simply I don't. I'm not even an US citizen nor do I live in there. I just know that's how they write dates and use that knowledge to navigate the internets (sic).

Anyways, the dates in the mod page are correct, this is a bit out of the scope of the thread and again I don't write dates that way (I also use the metric system).

ISO 8601

It's the only way to be sure.