SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

49 minutes ago, Ashal said:

As the author of both PapyrusUtil and SexLab. I would still say PapyrusUtil standalone from Nexus should overwrite SexLab and anything else. Though it is kind of moot. As anytime I update PapyrusUtil a SexLab update including it is likely just a few hours behind. However, people are more likely to choose to let the standalone PapyrusUtil overwrite stuff like frostfall, campfire, simply knock , or any other mod that annoyingly includes an outdated version of papyrusutil.

I generally focus on updating PapyrusUtil before I focus on updating SexLab when it comes to SKSE updates. Since a lot of "general public" mods depend on it, sexlab included.

Just ignore the fact that I released a more up to date version of papyrusutil with sexlab 1.63 beta 9 than was released on Nexus. That was a fluke of laziness and knowing AE would make it irrelevant in a few months.

For reasons you stated with other mods that use papyrusutil, this seems like the single greatest tripping point lately with people upgrading.  Staying 1:1 with whatever Sexlab is shipping with seems the safest option until things settle down.

20 hours ago, tasairis said:

Did you also get the update that landed today? Because that's broken all the SKSE mods once more. You'd have to downgrade to 1.6.318 for SexLab to work again.

OMG. How can Bethrosoft suppress their collective consciences to the point that they imagine doing this is OK? Fortunately, my update-blocking measures are still holding, but still...

1 hour ago, mikepros said:

Got the latest updated files on everything but I'm getting the Sexlab Util missing when I get into the game. Any tips?

Also I wanna add that my SexlabUtil dll is placed in the correct folder. The folder that the error on screen mentions. What should I do?

27 minutes ago, mikepros said:

Also I wanna add that my SexlabUtil dll is placed in the correct folder. The folder that the error on screen mentions. What should I do?

If you're still getting errors about DLL versions, you're not using the right combination of game/SKSE64/Sexlab.

Edit:  Check your SKSE64.log file in Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE\.  See if the DLL is attempting to load but failing.

Edited by 4nk8r
15 minutes ago, 4nk8r said:

If you're still getting errors about DLL versions, you're not using the right combination of game/SKSE64/Sexlab.

Edit:  Check your SKSE64.log file in Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE\.  See if the DLL is attempting to load but failing.

My SKSE version is 2.1.3 (the one that released earlier today),my Sexlab version is 1.64b(one released earlier today). Skyrim patch is 1.6.323 (the latest one).

Attached the log if you could check cause I don't understand what it says.

skse64.log

On 11/21/2021 at 2:12 PM, nomkaz said:

I use ALL of Mihail's mods and XPMSSE, you need to load XPMSSE LOW in your load order so that nothing but MNC and/or patches overwrites it.  Some mods need manual sorting because LOOT doesn't sort them properly.

I'm sorry for the late reply nomkaz, I have been working long hours, may I ask what MNC is? Yes, I often need to shift Mods around after LOOT has sorted them.

1 hour ago, mikepros said:

My SKSE version is 2.1.3 (the one that released earlier today),my Sexlab version is 1.64b(one released earlier today). Skyrim patch is 1.6.323 (the latest one).

Attached the log if you could check cause I don't understand what it says.

skse64.log 2.92 kB · 3 downloads

AFAICT, you only have 3 DLL's present in F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins\

That said, now that I know you're using SL 1.64b and SKSE64 2.1.3, be aware you also need the SKSE Address Library as well.  The newest SexlabUtil and PapyrusUtil DLLs were compiled to use it.  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32444

18 minutes ago, 4nk8r said:

AFAICT, you only have 3 DLL's present in F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\SKSE\Plugins\

That said, now that I know you're using SL 1.64b and SKSE64 2.1.3, be aware you also need the SKSE Address Library as well.  The newest SexlabUtil and PapyrusUtil DLLs were compiled to use it.  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/32444

I got the Address Library installed too. By 3 DLL's present what do you mean though? Should there be more?

7 hours ago, mikepros said:

I got the Address Library installed too. By 3 DLL's present what do you mean though? Should there be more?

I only see 3 DLL's referenced in your log file.  Plugins that use the address library just tell SKSE64 that they're compatible with it, regardless of if they are or not, expecting the bin files in the address lib to be present.  The new Sexlab's DLLs fall into that category, so I'm not sure where they are going to show logs of initialization, if anywhere.  I'm not using any of the AE versions yet, so not sure what else to tell you.  If the DLL isn't showing up in game, it either is the wrong version for the game/SKSE/address library or not present.

I have all the new files installed with MO2 yet i  still get the sexlab dill error and i am trying to install the sexlab in mcm and it just sits there i hit enter and click all 3 locations on mcm and NOTHING happens its been this way since i uninstalled sexlabs before to update it to the new version no matter what i do it doesnt change am i doing something wrong or are we still waiting for updates ? i have all files mentioned for AE including the new  files for the library  could it be extra dill foe skse?? i can enslave npcs again but i can see the animations, i figued its due to not having sex labs installed in MCM and i think the dill file is stopping that? i do run my  finsis or whatever whenever i update a animation file  but i did that so many times and havent had any changes

22.jpg

Untitled.jpg

ScreenShot2.jpg.png

usvfs-2021-11-24_00-11-30.log

Edited by Majinnoone

I have been having the identical issue as "Majinnoone". A couple of things that I noticed to help you all....

1) I installed the mod file from the 1.64 download.

2) When I go into the MCM in skyrim for the sexlab mod instead of the normal 7-10 menu items it is only 1 that states it is the 1.64 mod.

3) However when I investigate the esm file using SSEEDIT  it shows the header information that it is 1.63.

it almost appears (to this novice) that the "sexlabutil.dll" is the same for both version 1.63 and 1.64 but there is something internal to the mod that is giving it a pause when it reads it and it is not ver 1.64

image.png.39f7a00a9a783e657d146da22ae58825.png

I hope this helps. It is a wonderful mod that has extended the joy of the game.... Thank you.

Hello , I have a question SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.64 - 11/20/21 mod on Skyrim Special Edition

My animations aren't working :<
and followed the instructions and all but still no animations.
the action "go to sex" is suggested, but they just stand and do nothing.

:(everything except the animation doesn't work. Skyrim: Special Edition
 the action "go to sex" is suggested, but they just stand and do nothing. still not working so i think there is a problem with mods

However, we can hear sex sounds like moans and panting

stand idle and sounds can be heard but no animation. The characters go back to their normal state afterwards and the game works fine. Screenshots are of ''during'' the animation and before the characters strip, since they just stand staring at each other for a moment 

2.jpg.57e8f120e02351107f08e55194076a10.jpg

1.jpg.a693a981c28ab882f5f1f78c58cb9be1.jpg

mods Aroused Creatures SE with creature support 

3.jpg.71f75a0a7421bd661910d485c15824da.jpg

Edited by Lv330k
4 hours ago, WarmedSalmon18 said:

I have been having the identical issue as "Majinnoone". A couple of things that I noticed to help you all....

1) I installed the mod file from the 1.64 download.

2) When I go into the MCM in skyrim for the sexlab mod instead of the normal 7-10 menu items it is only 1 that states it is the 1.64 mod.

3) However when I investigate the esm file using SSEEDIT  it shows the header information that it is 1.63.

it almost appears (to this novice) that the "sexlabutil.dll" is the same for both version 1.63 and 1.64 but there is something internal to the mod that is giving it a pause when it reads it and it is not ver 1.64

image.png.39f7a00a9a783e657d146da22ae58825.png

I hope this helps. It is a wonderful mod that has extended the joy of the game.... Thank you.

You're confused.  You're talking about sexlabutil.dll, but comparing sexlab.esm files.  Not even close to the same thing or purpose.  There is probably going to be very little if any difference between the versions in the ESM between SE and AE versions.  That is the game plugin itself.  You and Majinnoone are having issues with the sexlabutil.dll...not even the same file or purpose.  The ESM sits directly in Data, along side the other ESM, ESP and ESL files.  sexlabutil.dll sits in Data\SKSE\plugins\.  The ESM is loaded by the game engine directly.  The DLL is loaded by SKSE64 and the Address Library, which actually loads BEFORE the game engine loads the ESM.  The DLLs add functions to the Papyrus engine that don't natively exist, but Sexlab needs to do its magic in game with animation control.

MO2 apparently requires another step to get the DLLs to commit to the game directory, but I'm not an MO2 user (I believe the "M" secretly stands for "Masochist") so I don't know what step that would be.  Go back and read the documentation on how to install mods with SKSE DLLs via MO2 and you should be able to get this worked out.  Or switch to Vortex and be a less masochistic heretic, like me.

Edited by 4nk8r
5 hours ago, Lv330k said:

Hello , I have a question SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.64 - 11/20/21 mod on Skyrim Special Edition

My animations aren't working :<
and followed the instructions and all but still no animations.
the action "go to sex" is suggested, but they just stand and do nothing.

:(everything except the animation doesn't work. Skyrim: Special Edition
 the action "go to sex" is suggested, but they just stand and do nothing. still not working so i think there is a problem with mods

However, we can hear sex sounds like moans and panting

stand idle and sounds can be heard but no animation. The characters go back to their normal state afterwards and the game works fine. Screenshots are of ''during'' the animation and before the characters strip, since they just stand staring at each other for a moment 

2.jpg.57e8f120e02351107f08e55194076a10.jpg

1.jpg.a693a981c28ab882f5f1f78c58cb9be1.jpg

mods Aroused Creatures SE with creature support 

3.jpg.71f75a0a7421bd661910d485c15824da.jpg

You forgot to run FNIS or Nemesis.

2 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

You're confused.  You're talking about sexlabutil.dll, but comparing sexlab.esm files.  Not even close to the same thing or purpose.  There is probably going to be very little if any difference between the versions in the ESM between SE and AE versions.  That is the game plugin itself.  You and Majinnoone are having issues with the sexlabutil.dll...not even the same file or purpose.  The ESM sits directly in Data, along side the other ESM, ESP and ESL files.  sexlabutil.dll sits in Data\SKSE\plugins\.  The ESM is loaded by the game engine directly.  The DLL is loaded by SKSE64 and the Address Library, which actually loads BEFORE the game engine loads the ESM.  The DLLs add functions to the Papyrus engine that don't natively exist, but Sexlab needs to do its magic in game with animation control.

MO2 apparently requires another step to get the DLLs to commit to the game directory, but I'm not an MO2 user (I believe the "M" secretly stands for "Masochist") so I don't know what step that would be.  Go back and read the documentation on how to install mods with SKSE DLLs via MO2 and you should be able to get this worked out.  Or switch to Vortex and be a less masochistic heretic, like me.

You might be right there about MO2. That's why most of the mod's DLLs are missing from my Data\SKSE\plugins. Now should I go for manual install or go to Vortex?

Hi Guys.
Until the Bathesda update earlier today, Ihad everything working just fine. (SLframework, SOS etc)  I had the AE version of Skyrim SE, patched with the Downgrade Patcher and version 2.0.19 of SKSE64.

Then suddenly nothing worked I got a blank screen on launch.
I tried to download the AE edition again and ran the latest Downgrade Patcher. I downloaded and installed the latest version of SKSE64 all without success SLframework, and SOS are still not working. I have read all your comments above and find myself a bit lost (at my advanced age - 75 I am not as sharp as I used to be)

What would be most helpfull would be if somebody could suggest a combination that has the best chance of working 
Downgrade Patcher Y/N
SKSE64 version

SLframework, SOS versions
and anything else???
If we are all posting here it means that you guys have done a great job and that we all appreciate very much what you have created.
Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

4 hours ago, mikepros said:

You might be right there about MO2. That's why most of the mod's DLLs are missing from my Data\SKSE\plugins. Now should I go for manual install or go to Vortex?

Don't manually install those DLLs if you can avoid it.  If you do it with those, you'll later on do it with some other stuff which could lead to some serious troubleshooting issues later down the line (if you forget what you've manually installed).  With MO2, that should only be done for things that have to coexist with the game EXE, like ENB, the core of SKSE64, other DLL loaders, etc.  Either learn that final step you need to do in MO2, or switch to Vortex.  I suggest you attempt to figure out the MO2 problem before you ditch it entirely.  There are plenty of MO2 users watching this thread.  Someone should be able to tell you this last step.  Not sure why they haven't lept out of the shadows to point this out by now.  I figured my slander of MO2 would be enough for the defenders to rush forth and correct me.

2 hours ago, Morgane47 said:

Hi Guys.
Until the Bathesda update earlier today, Ihad everything working just fine. (SLframework, SOS etc)  I had the AE version of Skyrim SE, patched with the Downgrade Patcher and version 2.0.19 of SKSE64.

Then suddenly nothing worked I got a blank screen on launch.
I tried to download the AE edition again and ran the latest Downgrade Patcher. I downloaded and installed the latest version of SKSE64 all without success SLframework, and SOS are still not working. I have read all your comments above and find myself a bit lost (at my advanced age - 75 I am not as sharp as I used to be)

What would be most helpfull would be if somebody could suggest a combination that has the best chance of working 
Downgrade Patcher Y/N
SKSE64 version

SLframework, SOS versions
and anything else???
If we are all posting here it means that you guys have done a great job and that we all appreciate very much what you have created.
Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Has there been a 3rd update already?   You might be chasing your tail on the Downgrade patcher and Steams updating process.  What steps have you done to Steam and your SkyrimSE install to prevent Steam from updating it again automatically?

Some will tell you to simply mark the game to be updated when you launch it, then you're supposed to religiously use only the SKSE64 launcher, and then only after starting Steam 1st (or it will start Steam and force the game launcher to load automatically).  The problem with this is that Steam doesn't always honor this setting.  I've personally experienced this, though not with SkyrimSE specifically.

I suggest you move the appmanifest_489830.acf file out of Valve\Steam\steamapps\ and place it somewhere else, or add something to the filename to change it.  To do this, you have to 1st disable Steam Cloud for Skyrim Special Edition specifically (right click on the game title from your Library view > General > Uncheck STEAM CLOUD).  If it is already disabled or after you disable it, shut Steam down normally, then go find that .acf file and move/rename it.  Afterwards, restart Steam and you should notice that Skyrim Special Edition is greyed out like it isn't installed.  You may notice it come back as visibly installed after playing the game, but I haven't yet seen Steam try to patch it as a result of this behavior.  They are tricky bastards, so you never know.

After you've move/renamed the manifest file and restarted Steam, use the downgrade patcher once more to fix the game EXE and give your previous steps with SKSE64 2.0.19 another try.  If you aren't successful with that, I have some much more complex steps to use with the DepotDownlaoder program, but hopefully we don't have to take that route.

Edited by 4nk8r