[mod] Stellaris Sexy Xenos and more (SSX) 1.11.8

Does Snu Fever not work anymore in 2.2? Haven't got a single popup about fucking xenos to death yet despite having plenty of different species on my planets and having researched the first two levels of the thing that's supposed to make it happen more often. :(

Correct.

From the MASSA thread:

On 12/12/2018 at 1:16 AM, JesusKreist said:

Some things is an understatement.

Paradox shifted the modded effects around quite extensively.

For instance a modifier that affected other species happiness on the planet is gone.

Most buildings from the mod (diary ranch, megamilking factory, ...) basically don't work as they relied on building adjacency.

Most anomalies are not working as the strategic resources are called differently ingame now.

You do get the events and the according pictures but mostly without effects.

Albeit it won't break the game using the mod in it's current form in 2.2.x is not nearly as much fun as it was in 2.1.x.

Sexy Xenos has no buildings and sports no anomalies but the same applies here as well.

Some things work a bit. Others don't work at all.

The snu event line counts towards the later.

On 12/14/2018 at 1:17 PM, Ainell said:

Bummer. Guess I'll put my PlayXeno Magazine playthrough on hold for a while and go back to achievement-hunting, then.

yup. We can always downgrade the game back to the previous version which is nice.  I just switched back to 2.1.3

On 11/25/2018 at 3:27 PM, darkestdragon said:

silly question do I need to use any of the compatibility patches 

its optional. I first recommend it to Toronam so we got more fun mods and tools to play with. With the Life Engineering mod along with the Enhanced Gene Modding  mod, you can actually create whatever species you want and have them in your empire or outside your empire. 

Paradox changed the pop upkeep from the simple distinction between biological and mechanical pops like it was before 2.2 into an upkeep system directly tied to original race types like humanoids, mammalians, ...

In the end that means every custom race that has it's own category has no upkeep.

That mod fixes that.

Technically it's not a fix but a workaround but I somehow have doubts paradox will come up with a dedicated patch in near future.

Actually, I checked in on the bug reports for it on the official forums, and it does sound like they're both aware of the issue and are working on a potentially permanent fix for it.

It sounds like it'll be some kind of functionality where modders can directly inject their own portrait categories into the list without having to overwrite the vanilla file, and we should hopefully see it added around new years supposedly.

4 hours ago, Absentia616 said:

Also Toronam will snu fever be making a comeback? Kind of worried it won't be

I'm happy to know this feature is popular, i have spend so many time to make it work.  But i'm encountering some difficulties to update it. I'm very likely to be out of patience and just scrap it. ? (for a time)

If i find how to make it work perfectly, the more a snu fever population will be numerous, more pops will be lost in the same time. 400 events for a overpopulated ring world section will be not so fun. Something like every 25 snu pops, one more non snu pop is fucked up in one event for exemple. :)

I've never modded stellaris so I'm just spit bawling ideas, Is it possible to change the event so that when it triggers it instead of just doing the one pop it can do multiple, like a random dice roll, 1 to 2, 1 to 3 technology level dependent, that would help with pop-up frequency, or possibly even change it so that it's just a notification, personally I wouldn't mind frequent pop-ups, and even possibly make it a colony decision, when it's active the event can trigger kind of thing, that way the player can have some control over how frequent it can be, but I don't know, as I said just spit bawling ideas

If you're going to wipe out all other sentient life in the galaxy might as will have fun doing it, not to mention I quite like the idea of setting up a planet with a high immigration pull for the sole purpose of attracting other species who are willing to risk death by snu snu, you could say it's a genuine tourist trap lol