XEO - Archived Posts

I've been putting off Getting Xeo for a while. But I guess I should finally. Only problem... I'd rather it leave the Argonian guys alone. I like them as is. Would I be able to modify it to keep them looking well. Lizard like?

So' date=' the old \"XEOSP++ 0.1beta.rar\" and the newer \"XEOSP++.rar\" are identical - as in MD5 sums are the same. So if you guys want to download XEOSP++ the links I posted are still valid.

[/quote']

Ok just noticed your link in one of the posts, that should do it. Thanks.

I've been putting off Getting Xeo for a while. But I guess I should finally. Only problem... I'd rather it leave the Argonian guys alone. I like them as is. Would I be able to modify it to keep them looking well. Lizard like?

There may be a way if you cherry pick what meshes and textures are installed with older versions, the new one uses a bsa file so I have no idea how to deal with that.

Better yet, download an Argonian "improvement" mod from nexus, be it Argonians with a nicer tail or texture, but similar look overall and place the esp below XEO, this should overwrite the Xeo changes. I kept a couple races unchanged by XEO doing it that way.

Better yet' date=' download an Argonian \"improvement\" mod from nexus, be it Argonians with a nicer tail or texture, but similar look overall and place the esp below XEO, this should overwrite the Xeo changes. I kept a couple races unchanged by XEO doing it that way.[/quote']That's an interesting idea, I'm going to try that.  Thank you Mars.  I sought out this thread specifically to ask the same thing as I'm not fond of the altered argonians (it's a nice model, but just too far from TES lore for me).  I'll give it a try and report back if it works.  Otherwise, I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty in the Construction Kit but I'd be unsure where to start for that as I've only done scripting alterations before.  Janet, if you meet success before I, please let report back here what you did.  Thanks.

Edit: So far I've had no luck with this. I've tried simple mesh replacements first, then tried full replacers with ESPs included (and set later in my load order) and still I'm getting the modified argonians.  Next I loaded up xeoexpeople.esp in TESCS with the hope of changing the race from "ArgonianB01" and "ArgonianG01" back to "Argonian" but it appears there is something malformed in that file as I cannot save it.  It just crashes even if I make no changes.  The same is not true for other ESPs.

Edit 2: Next I tried a different set.  Instead of MBP2ch,MBP++,XEO5,XEORC_Revised_Full, I switched to MBP2ch,MBP++,XEO5,XEO4-1.5.  There seems to be a requirement I'm missing, however, as TESCS complains about a lot of missing files (like hair and eyes) when editing xeoex.esp.  Neverthess, at least one argonian that I've found has returned almost to normal and I checked and he was set to "Argonian" instead of "ArgonianB01" - except he has hair.  Anyways, does anyone know what prerequisite(s) I may be missing that the xeorace.esm in XEO4-1.5 requires?  Perhaps I need to use the full version of MBP2ch...

I tried 3 versions of Xeo, XEO5 , XEOSP and XEOSP++. XEO 5 looked good, the only problem I ran into was that the kids added by City life all had one black eye(adults were fine), its a fairly common problem when you have XEO and mods that add npc's(though other non vanilla npc's were fine for me). XEOSP corrected this, however the characters look a bit different from XEO5, some like the change some don't. I think 5 looked a bit prettier then SP, then again there are so many characters it doesn't really matter, both of those made them look good.

Just tried XEOSP++, the difference here is that it doesn't seem to alter any characters added into the game, just vanilla, so that's why they say it does not conflict as badly as the previous versions. For instance, XEO 5 conflicted with a skeleton nif I wanted to try, also with Lovers Tamango club.

However XEOSP++ is still a beta and I would wait before using that one. It's stable but it seems not all characters have been converted. Also here is the dilemma. For all these versions they want you to change the bFaceGenTexturing line in the oblivion ini to 0. This is fine when using XEO 5 or SP, but when you do this with SP++ the converted characters look nice, but those not converted while not really changing face wise, do gain a lightly visible mustache. Then again if you dont change the ini to 0, the converted characters face textures dont blend as well with the bodies, well this goes for the non converted as well, with settings at 0 you have a flat clean texture on the face, but your body texture will be different, you can fix this by dorking about with it, but its just more work.

The thing that gets me most about all these is that all the characters are walking like men again. If anyone knows how to get your character modded to use sexy walk or whatever walk that is not like a dude, let me know.

I'm using XEOSP at the moment and have "Sensual Walks for Female NPCs" and "Sexywalks by Mur_Zik" installed and working.

The only thing I did was adding the animation replacers at the end of my load list, right before my BashedPatch.esp.

I'm using XEOSP at the moment and have \"Sensual Walks for Female NPCs\" and \"Sexywalks by Mur_Zik\" installed and working.

The only thing I did was adding the animation replacers at the end of my load list' date=' right before my BashedPatch.esp.

[/quote']

Well that's good news, so I'm crying for nothing. But whats the esp you put in the end, I was actually using a couple different ones that were interacting in a funky way but worked, so Im not sure which to dump after Xeo. Thanks!

I'm using XEOSP at the moment and have \"Sensual Walks for Female NPCs\" and \"Sexywalks by Mur_Zik\" installed and working.

The only thing I did was adding the animation replacers at the end of my load list' date=' right before my BashedPatch.esp.

[/quote']

Oh man, lucky you. I tried doing that before and it didn't work for me. Granted, I didn't have a BashedPatch.esp but I don't think it was necessary just to get the walks to work. Btw, how does Xeo Valeria look like on your updated copy of XEOSP? Because as you already know she looked horrible on mine lol.

Actually you do need bashpatch to get those walking animation working properly. it even says so in there readme.

Ah, I see. Well if anything, I'm still apprehensive about installing XEOSP/XEOSP++ if it messes up Valeria... On the other hand, I haven't used the Vilja companion mod but if she gets a nice makeover instead then I might just end up using her then... Anyone have screenshots?

Hmm isn't it possible to manually copy some files from Valeria Xeo5? After I've done something with Xeo mods (don't remember what) I suddenly had 2 Valeria's, XeoSP and Xeo5. XeoSP is currently rotting in some inn.

Anyway, I could look a bit in my Data map for differences so you might be able to copy these files from Xeo5 to your data map to still get Xeo5 Valeria.

ugh... this is brutal. For a long time I have been using a very heavily modified version of Xeo5 by itself and it works well, except when I run into mods that require MBP. Everytime I have tried to use MBP I have problems.

I get a few black head textures (Lop-Ears Choc Elf and one other... I think Mystic High Elf) and a LOT of wrong body textures. Most of the Imperial style skins have a tattooed body which I assume was installed by a different mod previously (I never encountered this texture on those races while my Xeo5 was active). On top of that, pretty much every race activated or modified by MBP or XEOSP has an incredibly low res texture that is misaligned.

Install order was:

1. Switch character to generic Imperial race and save

2. Deactivate my modified Xeo5, load char and save without the mod active (looked fine, no crashes or missing textures)

3. Install MBP 1.4

4. Install MBP++ 91

5. Install MBP++ 92 Sub

6. Install MBP++ Chocolate Elves 038

7. Install x117++ 0.76

8. Activate the following mods and place the ESPs at the bottom of the load list:

• Beautiful People 2ch-Ed.esm
  • x117race.esm
  • Beautiful People 2ch-Ed MS Elves - NoSc.esp
  • Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Chocolate Elves.esp
  • Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Vanilla Race.esp
  • xeoex.esp

9. Load char, showracemenu, everything is broken

Any ideas?

Guest Donkey
    * Beautiful People 2ch-Ed.esm

* x117race.esm

* Beautiful People 2ch-Ed MS Elves - NoSc.esp

* Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Chocolate Elves.esp

* Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Vanilla Race.esp

* xeoex.esp

9. Load char, showracemenu, everything is broken

I am not sure, but these mods:

Are deactiavted and bashed within bashpatch for me only xeoex.esp is activated and lowest in my list. And this seem to work fine, all eye and body show correctly.

Thanks Donkey. I had MBP Vanilla active instead of merged because the description said "This plugin should be activated". Merging it fixed a few blurry textures on the Khajit and Argonian versions. XeoSP appears to be working correctly, as all of the NPCs look exactly like they did with the previous mod active.

Still black head on Lop Choc and Mystic Dark Elf. Skyrim Khajit body texture is pure white. Some of the weird races like Mitzha, Archaic Elf and Kunne are still way off. Ears are different colours than the head, and the body texture is the tatooed Imperial that shouldn't even be there in the first place. I think they use the default Imperial texture and another race mod has overwritten it at some point.

A few problems left, but I may just go in and make those races unplayable. The only one I'd want is Lop Choc anyway and since the head is black I think the texture path might just be wrong. I'll check it out while I'm switching a few races back to the way I had them before (Breton->Lattamer, Wood Elf->Choc Elf). At least one upside now is that it'll be easier to modifiy companion appearances with the constantly active ESM. I had to keep copying my modified xeo esp back and forth before whenever I wanted to make a change.

That's an interesting idea' date=' I'm going to try [those ideas to revert argonian NPCs to original models'].
Unfortunately, I've given up on this, at least for now, and am disabling the XEO plugins.  While it's definitely possible, the work required is significant (at least solving it the ways I encountered) but, more importantly, they all would be required to be performed again if I ever updated the ESP.  I wish the author would considering making the mod a bit more modular so you can pick and choose which races you want to use.  As much as I loved some races, and going back to more vanilla-like face mods is killing me, the massive alterations to the beast races is just too much for me to handle.  Ah well - beggars can't be choosers.

Well I did have one idea that could be applied to future ESPs with minor modification, but it was going to be too involved.  If you click on an ESP in the TESCS (BUT DO NOT ACTUALLY LOAD IT) and click on Details, it lists all the objects in the ESP which can then be toggled on and off with the delete key.  So I fiddled with the idea of using AutoHotKey to read the ListView and apply changes according to an external list (e.g. a test list I'd make of which NPCs should be ignored).  Unfortunately, it's a virtual ListView and AHK, as far as I could tell, could only read the rows and columns but not the contents of the cells.  I think a hook DLL would be necessary to query the ListView and I just don't have time to do that.  I tried manually toggling a few and it seemed to revert them very nicely, although there may be side effects to this that I didn't encounter.  (It was too tedious to do en masse manually so I didn't test it thorougly.)  So if there are a particular couple of NPCs that really bother you, you could try that technique.  But, caveat emptor!  It may have side effects.

Edit: Clarified the quote

* Beautiful People 2ch-Ed.esm

* x117race.esm

* xeoex.esp

9. Load char' date=' showracemenu, everything is broken[/quote']

I am not sure, but these mods:

Are deactiavted and bashed within bashpatch for me only xeoex.esp is activated and lowest in my list. And this seem to work fine, all eye and body show correctly.

xeoex.esp is the FIRST mod in my load order, as placed there by BOSS, and I've had zero problems. Just make sure you import Graphics, NPC faces, and Race data into your bash patched.