XEO - Archived Posts

There are countless XEO* mods out there... XEORC1-4, XEO5 and XEOSP, for example.

I also found something called XEO4 and there seems to be a seperate XEORACE.

Just to name a few...

I just recently found XEOSP++ (source) and I'm trying to find out what exactly is contained in this 350MB mod. ;)From what I understand, it requires XEOSP, though.

Personally, I'm currently running MBP, MBP++ and XEOSP - without any XEORC* mods.

True, which is why so far I've only had XEO5 and XEORC4 installed.

But, I wonder if it'll be easy to just install XEOSP (as a prerequisite) followed by XEOSP++, on top of the other two XEO packs that I already have? Or would it all just be redundant? Unfortunately, even Google translator isn't enough to help me understand the Chinese site. And I'm already wary that one of the instructions say that I'm supposed to delete one of the XEO .esp files that I have on my system, or did I read it wrong?

You know what? Fuck it. I'm gonna try installing this XEOSP++ and see how it goes. Feel free to join in if you haven't already done it lol.

I'm new here, but not on Hongfire, I was trying to follow the installation guide they had there for MBP MPB++ Xeo and the rest, but those howtos were destroyed in a database accident. I've mostly got MBP up, inclusding the chocolate elves, but I'll be damned if I can get the Mystic Dark elves to show their textures. Anyone have any ideas, I'd appreciate any help given.

XEOSP1.0 is' date=' as far as I know, identical to the current XEO5 - plus a few fixes to make it compatible with MBP++.

[/quote']

There are some subtle differences.  Generally the NPCs have been tweaked to look even better than before, and the face models have changed.  I learned the hard way when I switched over and my harem of hot companions suddenly went fugly with the new face models.

I'm new here' date=' but not on Hongfire, I was trying to follow the installation guide they had there for MBP MPB++ Xeo and the rest, but those howtos were destroyed in a database accident. I've mostly got MBP up, inclusding the chocolate elves, but I'll be damned if I can get the Mystic Dark elves to show their textures. Anyone have any ideas, I'd appreciate any help given.

[/quote']

How did your installation order go? It should be MBP > MBP++ > and then what XEO mods are you installing? Also, remember to make sure your xeoex.esp file is loaded last in the load order through OBMM.

Just out of curiosity... but does anyone have a way of getting around MBP suddenly converting half of my game's language to incomprehensible gibberish?

I'm not terribly bothered by it... but as a general rule' date=' I'd love to get it all back to English.

[/quote']

MBP shouldn't affect your game's language with the exception of the descriptions for certain races during the character creation mode. If anything, you can probably try to get the "gibberish" to show up as Japanese, which is what it was originally intended to appear...

Hrm... I've heard rumors of it being notoriously difficult to get the japanese languages to show as they were intended, but I suppose I could try that.

Although now I'm more concerned about figuring out how the heck I managed to get all my Subtitles turned japanese as well, then.

>.<

I made the fatal error of downloading and installing a few mods at a time. Should have stuck to one, and tested them out a bit more thoroughly. Now I have to go back and do some guesswork here.

Guest Donkey

MBP is Japanese so by installing only the first time when you play oblivion some characters creation would get description in Japanese.

As for your game turning Japanese could be more with using plug-ins not translated yet. :D

But what I'm curious about is how you managed to even get the Japanese characters (katakana,hiragana,kanji) to appear. On my game, it's all "gibberish". I actually want the Japanese text to show up properly. I've tried both Applocale and Regional Language settings but no luck. I think there was a wiki out there that teaches how to get Japanese text to appear but Google translate made it all the more confusing, unfortunately.

Ok, checked my load order, and every race except NEC Mystic Dark Elf remake appears properly. Extracted the MBP OMOD contents and checked the head.dds file and it came up corrupt DDS header, so I'll assume that part is bad, now I need to find a replacement.

But what I'm curious about is how you managed to even get the Japanese characters (katakana' date='hiragana,kanji) to appear. On my game, it's all \"gibberish\". I actually want the Japanese text to show up properly. I've tried both Applocale and Regional Language settings but no luck. I think there was a wiki out there that teaches how to get Japanese text to appear but Google translate made it all the more confusing, unfortunately.

[/quote']

You may try this one...

http://www.rapidshare.com/files/450474300/TES4JaPatch015c.zip

Haven't tried it myself, but my advice would be: BACKUP! before using this patch. ;)

Just out of curiosity... but does anyone have a way of getting around MBP suddenly converting half of my game's language to incomprehensible gibberish?

Which version of MBP are you using? The bundled MBP,MBP++,x117++ omod by any chance?

But what I'm curious about is how you managed to even get the Japanese characters (katakana' date='hiragana,kanji) to appear. On my game, it's all \"gibberish\". I actually want the Japanese text to show up properly. I've tried both Applocale and Regional Language settings but no luck. I think there was a wiki out there that teaches how to get Japanese text to appear but Google translate made it all the more confusing, unfortunately.

[/quote']

You may try this one...

http://www.rapidshare.com/files/450474300/TES4JaPatch015c.zip

Haven't tried it myself, but my advice would be: BACKUP! before using this patch. ;)

Not sure if I'm doing it right because the readme.txt file itself is gibberish (not even showing up as Japanese text) so I'm left figuring this out on my own. I'm assuming I'm supposed to copy the obja.dll file into my oblivion/data folder as well as the two TES4 patches, and then run the patches. But when I run them, I get an error message (again showing up as gibberish instead of actual Japanese text) with the location of my Oblivion.exe file. I think you got this pack from the wiki site I mentioned on a previous post, which I still can't understand what they're trying to say even with the Google Translation lol.

The following file(s) have been deleted due to copyright infringement :

MBP1.4a-MBP__0.90-x117__0.76a-omod-1.0.part2.rar

MBP__090.7z

MBP1.4a-MBP__0.90-x117__0.76a-omod-1.0.part1.rar

x117__076.7z

FileSonic Team

Seriously? WTF?!

Not sure if I'm doing it right because the readme.txt file itself is gibberish (not even showing up as Japanese text) so I'm left figuring this out on my own. I'm assuming I'm supposed to copy the obja.dll file into my oblivion/data folder as well as the two TES4 patches' date=' and then run the patches. But when I run them, I get an error message (again showing up as gibberish instead of actual Japanese text) with the location of my Oblivion.exe file. I think you got this pack from the wiki site I mentioned on a previous post, which I still can't understand what they're trying to say even with the Google Translation lol.

[/quote']

Maybe the dll is an obse plugin? Hm... I'm gonna try to find out how to install that patch.

Will report back later!

Yeah, funny.

The error message says something like "CRC [...] Oblivion.exe [...]".

Of course it only works on the original patched Oblivion.exe and not the NO-CD version I'm using! Swapping in the old exe solves the problem and the patch can be applied.

Maybe that is your problem, too?!

According to this wiki, the obja.dll has to reside in the same folder as Oblivion.exe.

Not sure about the fonts mentioned in the wiki, as my version of the patch did not contain any.

Yeah' date=' funny.

The error message says something like \"CRC [...'] Oblivion.exe [...]\".

Of course it only works on the original patched Oblivion.exe and not the NO-CD version I'm using! Swapping in the old exe solves the problem and the patch can be applied.

Maybe that is your problem, too?!

According to this wiki, the obja.dll has to reside in the same folder as Oblivion.exe.

Not sure about the fonts mentioned in the wiki, as my version of the patch did not contain any.

Well, I'm using the Steam version of Oblivion (meaning I downloaded it) and as far as I know it is the original exe and not patched or anything (aside from the official patch that already comes with the game, of course). I dunno, I'll continue to look into it.

On a different note, I managed to get that XEOSP++ to work on my computer. The good news is that I was able to get it to install once without crashing my game, so the instructions posted on the site was correct to say the least. Also good news is that the one-black-eye issue that was plaguing my old game is fixed!

But, now onto the bad news... I've noticed that during character creation at the start of a new game as you're flipping through the races and start looking into the Dremora and Golden Saints, you can no longer change their eyes even if you switch over to other races. I've noticed that this is an issue with XEOSP and not XEOSP++ specifically. The only workaround for me right now is to enable "showracemenu" via console and change the eyes there. The second issue is that now another set of eyes mods are now completely black, in particular:

XeoCatEye1 thru XeoCatEye14

XeoEyeOrc1 and XeoEyeOrc2

XeoEyePurple/Green/Blue/Red/Yellow/Brown/Green2/Blue2/Gray/Vampire/Gray2/Purple2/Blue3/Red2/Yellow2/

Luckily, I never use this set of eyes but unfortunately I think a few NPCs do, so now they'll have black eyes. I guess I could just fix this by reapplying textures and meshes but I gotta go find them unless someone knows where they are.

UPDATE: And OMFG what have they done to Xeo (Valeria)?!?! She looks fugly now! I loved her red hair and silver eyes, now she's got blond hair and red eyes!!! Can't say I'm diggin' this change at all... Might be great for some people but this is more bad news for me... :(

Well' date=' I'm using the Steam version of Oblivion (meaning I downloaded it) and as far as I know it is the original exe and not patched or anything (aside from the official patch that already comes with the game, of course). I dunno, I'll continue to look into it.[/quote']

Ah, I see... seems that for the steam version you have to use TES4JaPatch 0.16 beta3, which does not patch Oblivion.exe, but uses a launcher similar to obse.

I've noticed that during character creation at the start of a new game as you're flipping through the races and start looking into the Dremora and Golden Saints' date=' you can no longer change their eyes even if you switch over to other races.[/quote']

Yeah, that's definitely a XEOSP problem, but it never really bugged me to go into the racemenu once more after character generation just to fix the eyes (and hair sometimes), because just closing the racemenu works fine if you don't change the race.

The second issue is that now another set of eyes mods are now completely black' date=' in particular:

XeoCatEye1 thru XeoCatEye14

XeoEyeOrc1 and XeoEyeOrc2

XeoEyePurple/Green/Blue/Red/Yellow/Brown/Green2/Blue2/Gray/Vampire/Gray2/Purple2/Blue3/Red2/Yellow2/[/quote']

I think this will be the whole Oblivion\Data\Textures\XEOT\eyes. Should be no problem to reapply them from the original XEOSP release.