XEO - Archived Posts

I, too, could use an idiot's install guide, if possible. I have no idea between the differences for MBP, XEO, XEORC, XEOSP++, etc. I tried reading the thread but it's still pretty confusing for me. Which ones should I install if I just want the prettiest faces? All of them, or do some mods replace other mods? How important are the race mods, do they change NPCs or are they necessary for scripts, etc?

Got a problem with XEOSP++. When lovers strip some characters off their clothes, i get a CTD. Happens in Leyawiin with Count Marius Caro(imperialB01 race) and Tsavi(khajitG01 race). The count's guards(imperialB02 race) standing right near him strip ok.

Can anyone with XEOSP++ check this? Just go in the Leyawiin castle, open console, select count and write "removeallitems".

Preferably someone with Radeon video, as this can be a stupid issue with missing *_n.dds(normal map file for a texture) somewhere. GeForce are ok if the normal map is missing, but radeon will CTD right away.

edit: Fuuuck, what is this? I moved outside the castle and wondered around town, stripping everyone in sight. No problem. Then i found Tsavi there. No CTD. Then i went back to the castle and robbed count completely. No CTD. So, the problem i fought for a couple of days just magically disappeared...

I' date=' too, could use an idiot's install guide, if possible. I have no idea between the differences for MBP, XEO, XEORC, XEOSP++, etc. I tried reading the thread but it's still pretty confusing for me. Which ones should I install if I just want the prettiest faces? All of them, or do some mods replace other mods? How important are the race mods, do they change NPCs or are they necessary for scripts, etc?

[/quote']

To keep things simple  ;):

1-MBP1.4a, MBP++0.90, x117++0.76a to have more choice in pc creation menu

(BTW, if you have a Japanese dialog in the beginning of the game, here is a fix for those who are using the combined omod: http://www.mediafire.com/?4e8h5cug7lfg5h9  )

2-XEOSP and XEOSP++0.2 ... OR .... XEO5  to change npc

BTW, I don't really know about XEORC, if anyone knows...

edit: Fuuuck' date=' what is this? I moved outside the castle and wondered around town, stripping everyone in sight. No problem. Then i found Tsavi there. No CTD. Then i went back to the castle and robbed count completely. No CTD. So, the problem i fought for a couple of days just magically disappeared...

[/quote']

My friend, I think you may have found a heisenbug.  :P

Ok, I migrated (without any hassle, thanks to my politic of omoding everything  8) ) from XEO5 to XEOSP++ 0.2... and now I have a problem of the game unable to retrieve some body part texture... (only one, the one of the khajit, to be exact).

What I have tried:

-I returned to XEO5 to confirm that it's a problem of XEOSP++... so yeah, it's a problem of XEOSP++ conflicting with something.

-I checked my installation of XEOSP++, and everything seems ok!

-I use the archive redirection trick.

Does someone apart from me have the same problem?

How to know what's the exact dds path the game's searching?

Wow. Xeo makes the female characters gorgeous' date=' and all the male characters 15 years old.  :o

And my character is now about 12.  :o :o

[/quote']

that was one of the reasons for me that i stopped using MBP, x117 and XEo altogether, and just stick with RBP, npcs may not look as "young" as with xeo but they sure look good, and overall in my opinion more compatible with other mods, since it does not change the eye meshes, or head meshes.

dont get me wrong MBP and so on are sure nice, just not for me anymore :-)

Ok' date=' I migrated (without any hassle, thanks to my politic of omoding everything  8) ) from XEO5 to XEOSP++ 0.2... and now I have a problem of the game unable to retrieve some body part texture... (only one, the one of the khajit, to be exact).

What I have tried:

-I returned to XEO5 to confirm that it's a problem of XEOSP++... so yeah, it's a problem of XEOSP++ conflicting with something.

-I checked my installation of XEOSP++, and everything seems ok!

-I use the archive redirection trick.

Does someone apart from me have the same problem?

How to know what's the exact dds path the game's searching?

[/quote']

did you leave the resources from XEO in when you switched from XEO to XEOsp (except for the esp file of course)? it was mentioned somewhere that xeosp still needs some files from xeo, else you would have missing textures.

I'm going to have to dump MBP and Xeo, unfortunately. I really wanted to try out some of the mods that require MBP (Lives in particular). They look really good. But I don't like an Oblivion where everyone is a teenager, and some of the mods I'm really enjoying (Integration, Tantrivaylia) are screwed up beyond all recognition with this set up.

Wow. Xeo makes the female characters gorgeous' date=' and all the male characters 15 years old.  :o

[/quote']

Xeosp++ deals better in that field, IMHO.

that was one of the reasons for me that i stopped using MBP' date=' x117 and XEo altogether, and just stick with RBP, npcs may not look as \"young\" as with xeo but they sure look good, and overall in my opinion more compatible with other mods, since it does not change the eye meshes, or head meshes.

dont get me wrong MBP and so on are sure nice, just not for me anymore :-)

[/quote']

What's RBP? Do you have any ss?

did you leave the resources from XEO in when you switched from XEO to XEOsp (except for the esp file of course)? it was mentioned somewhere that xeosp still needs some files from xeo' date=' else you would have missing textures.

[/quote']

No... I deleted XEOT folder since it's replaced by a bsa, and a bsa is sure better than dumping tons of textures files... but well, thanks, maybe you're right, I'll try that  ;)

I'm going to have to dump MBP and Xeo' date=' unfortunately. I really wanted to try out some of the mods that require MBP (Lives in particular). They look really good. But I don't like an Oblivion where everyone is a teenager, and some of the mods I'm really enjoying (Integration, Tantrivaylia) are screwed up beyond all recognition with this set up.

[/quote']

Tantrivalya is screwed? In what way?

[/quote']

Xeosp++ deals better in that field, IMHO.

Next time I try this, I'll download Xeosp++ and try it. I really do like the Lives mod from the bit I saw of it, and the girls are Teh Hawtness. But even the beggar girls are Teh Hawtness, and my character looks like a young kid no matter what I do in the Race menu.

Tantrivalya is screwed? In what way?

I'm getting bug eyes in the Tantrivaylia Chimer, as well as the races added by Integration. I'm not getting them on the vanilla races or companions.

bugged eyes with tantra and vanilla is normal when using MBP, as MBP does replace the default eye mesh with a different one, one that needs differet eye textures, if you have a mod that uses the old textures for eyes, then you get this problem, since the mapping will be totally wrong with the eye meshes from MBP

about RBP you can find a few images on nexus

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=22124

if you use the mirror link on the page you get to the original site of RBP

mind you RBP is not about beautifying npcs perse, it is more a "race balancing project" :-) it changes the inate powers of the races to make more sense, it changes teh birthsigns to be of use (not just something you select and forget), and does alot more

if combined with LAME as well it will apply all its changes to LAME as well (no wonder both are from the same person :-) as well as Integration), it adds alot of new eyes (but using the default vanilla eye mesh to preserve compatibility) and hair styles (Rens, Sarams, etc)

it does contain a optional plugin (designed for wrye bashs bashed patch file) that will aplly all these to every NPC ingame, by that beautifying them a great deal, but it will leave beggars older, and certain chars as well, will not turn all npcs into kids or somethign like that :-) (a good combination is T.I.E = Tamriel Immersion Experience, a complete overhaul that DOES beautify the NPCs working well with RBP together)

I'm going to have to dump MBP and Xeo' date=' unfortunately. I really wanted to try out some of the mods that require MBP (Lives in particular). They look really good. But I don't like an Oblivion where everyone is a teenager, and some of the mods I'm really enjoying (Integration, Tantrivaylia) are screwed up beyond all recognition with this set up.

[/quote']

if you got a link to some lovers mod that requires MBP, you can drop me a line and i can take a look it it is possible for me to remove that requirement (so far i did not encounter a lovers mod that REALLY NEEDED MBP, they just had them as masters because the defined NPCs used MBP resources, but those can be switched to vanilla resources again and then one can use it without MBP, like i did with those patches i made so far)

[/quote']

if you got a link to some lovers mod that requires MBP, you can drop me a line and i can take a look it it is possible for me to remove that requirement (so far i did not encounter a lovers mod that REALLY NEEDED MBP, they just had them as masters because the defined NPCs used MBP resources, but those can be switched to vanilla resources again and then one can use it without MBP, like i did with those patches i made so far)

From 2chLives was the big one for me: http://www.mediafire.com/?blzl031n7itl4z4

I don't know if it can be made to work with vanilla. Which is a shame, as the new bosses and NPCs it adds are really worth having. It adds 280+ NPCs, some dungeons, bosses (including mixed NPC adventuring parties), etc.

[/quote']

I don't know if it can be made to work with vanilla. Which is a shame, as the new bosses and NPCs it adds are really worth having. It adds 280+ NPCs, some dungeons, bosses (including mixed NPC adventuring parties), etc.

from a first look at it should be possible to get it working without MBP, but will take some time, as i currently want to finish the patch fro Crowning Isles that removes MBP requirement :-)

[/quote']

from a first look at it should be possible to get it working without MBP, but will take some time, as i currently want to finish the patch fro Crowning Isles that removes MBP requirement :-)

Awesome! :)

I'm getting bug eyes in the Tantrivaylia Chimer' date=' as well as the races added by Integration. I'm not getting them on the vanilla races or companions.

[/quote']

I don't have that problem. But I use a bashed patch...

bugged eyes with tantra and vanilla is normal when using MBP' date=' as MBP does replace the default eye mesh with a different one, one that needs differet eye textures, if you have a mod that uses the old textures for eyes, then you get this problem, since the mapping will be totally wrong with the eye meshes from MBP

about RBP you can find a few images on nexus

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=22124

if you use the mirror link on the page you get to the original site of RBP

mind you RBP is not about beautifying npcs perse, it is more a \"race balancing project\" :-) it changes the inate powers of the races to make more sense, it changes teh birthsigns to be of use (not just something you select and forget), and does alot more

if combined with LAME as well it will apply all its changes to LAME as well (no wonder both are from the same person :-) as well as Integration), it adds alot of new eyes (but using the default vanilla eye mesh to preserve compatibility) and hair styles (Rens, Sarams, etc)

it does contain a optional plugin (designed for wrye bashs bashed patch file) that will aplly all these to every NPC ingame, by that beautifying them a great deal, but it will leave beggars older, and certain chars as well, will not turn all npcs into kids or somethign like that :-) (a good combination is T.I.E = Tamriel Immersion Experience, a complete overhaul that DOES beautify the NPCs working well with RBP together)

[/quote']

Maybe a good idea when I'll get tired of XEO, thanks  ;)