Dead Or Alive Xtreme Venus Vacation - Modding Thread and Discussion -

Allright, I´m going to ridicule myself again.

Tried my hand at the simplest form of DOAXVV modding, to give something back to this excellent community, and of course it didn´t work ?

After watching DarkStarSword´s modding video on YT I felt confident to undress these beauties a little more, but... look for yourself ?

Example: Marie Punk Rock Shirt remove, added to some other guys´s mod

[TextureOverridenekutai2]
hash = 66dbb3b8
match_first_index = 35361
handling = skip

[TextureOverridenneck]
hash = 563b4e72
match_first_index = 0
handling = skip

[TextureOverridetop]
hash = 67a8ee3f

match_first_index = 0
handling = skip

[TextureOverridetop2]
hash = 67a8ee3f

match_first_index = 14757
handling = skip

[TextureOverridetop3]
hash = 67a8ee3f

match_first_index = 10671
handling = skip

[ShaderOverrideShirt]
hash = a9646b83de59c964
allow_duplicate_hash = overrule
checktextureoverride = ib
checktextureoverride = vb0

In hunting mode, looks like this, which is what I want:

610449980_DOAX_VV2019-01-0917-54-10-53.jpg.89dccd3a08f15a272c16686a6d1b0b42.jpg

But this is the ingame effect:

521594134_DOAX_VV2019-01-0917-54-01-76.jpg.e4adbbc944f0eec1f3f69241ab7ebd4c.jpg

So what´s my mistake ? What don´t I get ? I´m sure it´s something very simple, like some wrong hashes ...???

Man I feel even more stupid than usually.

Please help. There are more things I tried but most didn´t work either (like removing Marie´s SSR pink top)

And btw, I get an error message about Asari SSR (Tamaki) although I completely deleted it from Mods folder !!!???

@DaGak - I believe it was both the older versions of the Asari and Mikomai mods from minazuki. If you haven't yet already updated both try that.

@Hans Jürgen - So, it's not causing the issue you describing, but unless you are doing something out of the box, usually you shouldn't need to define ShaderOverrides in individual mods as nearly every shader is already covered in the base d3dx.ini file. Defining an override may cause ripple effects on other mods.

If you are planning on modifying an existing mod, it's also important to look at what that mod is doing exactly. There are other Marie Punk SR mods out there. Knight77 has one, and if that is enabled, it's already skipping the shirt and then drawing a new one. The INI snippet doing that is the following + yours:

[TextureOverrideMarieBodySR_Punk_Shirt_VB]
hash = 67a8ee3f
match_first_index = 0
vb0 = ResourceMarieBodySR_Punk_Shirt_VB unless_null
ib = ResourceMarieBodySR_Punk_Shirt_IB unless_null

handling = skip
drawindexed = auto

[TextureOverridetop]
hash = 67a8ee3f

match_first_index = 0
handling = skip

The orange text is what causes 3DMigoto to no longer draw the original. So really both replacements are working and removing the original shirt mesh. However, the shirt you are seeing isn't the original but likely the ResourceMarieBodySR_Punk_Shirt from Knight's mod (assuming that you do have multiple mods active against the Punk Rock Shirt suit). To fix this, all you need to do is stop Knight's mod from drawing its own shirt which either you can remove the entire [TextureOverrideMarieBodySR_Punk_Shirt_VB] section from Knight's mod, or remove your [TextureOverridetop] and just modify [TextureOverrideMarieBodySR_Punk_Shirt_VB] to no longer include the "vb0", "ib" and "drawindexed" lines (green colored text). If its not Knight's mod or if you don't know which mod you have is doing it, just search for an INI file in your Mods folder that also contains the text "67a8ee3f" and that is likely the other mod.

So basically, your INI contents are correct for skipping what you want to skip. If its intended to be the only mod for the SR Punk suit, then it is missing the replacing the body mesh with a new mesh that fills in the missing pieces exposed by skipping the skirt and panties, but that I'm assuming is partially what's being provided by the other mods you have active. When starting out, it'll likely help you if you deal with a single INI file with all the relevant overrides and resources located together so you can see everything together that is affecting the the suit you are modifying.

19 hours ago, Renatobustillos said:

Thx for the replay. I tried it but it didn't work. But, I just decided to reinstall 3dmigoto and that solved the problem.

Press F10 will not clear the saved setting, but press Ctrl+Alt+F10 does, it will delete all your saved setting.

Or, you can edit d3dx_user.ini directly, just delete the old variables e.g.

$\mods\costumes\ssr event tamaki hitomi asari v3\asari.ini\tamaki_asari_top = 1
$\mods\costumes\ssr event tamaki hitomi asari v3\asari.ini\tamaki_asari_strings = 2
$\mods\costumes\ssr event tamaki hitomi asari v3\asari.ini\tamaki_asari_bottom = 1

And I do not recommend you to store my mod with version number on the folder.

It will not keep the previous saved setting and give you the warning you posted.

8 hours ago, DaGak said:

which part of mod crashes the game? cos even with updated 'SSR Event New Year 2019 Mikomai', my game closes if there notification window

If you have my Tamaki Hitomi Asari mod, you have to update it too.

6 hours ago, KuroKaze78 said:

@DaGak - I believe it was both the older versions of the Asari and Mikomai mods from minazuki. If you haven't yet already updated both try that.

@Hans Jürgen - So, it's not causing the issue you describing, but unless you are doing something out of the box, usually you shouldn't need to define ShaderOverrides in individual mods as nearly every shader is already covered in the base d3dx.ini file. Defining an override may cause ripple effects on other mods.

If you are planning on modifying an existing mod, it's also important to look at what that mod is doing exactly. There are other Marie Punk SR mods out there. Knight77 has one, and if that is enabled, it's already skipping the shirt and then drawing a new one. The INI snippet doing that is the following + yours:

[TextureOverrideMarieBodySR_Punk_Shirt_VB]
hash = 67a8ee3f
match_first_index = 0
vb0 = ResourceMarieBodySR_Punk_Shirt_VB unless_null
ib = ResourceMarieBodySR_Punk_Shirt_IB unless_null

handling = skip
drawindexed = auto

[TextureOverridetop]
hash = 67a8ee3f

match_first_index = 0
handling = skip

The orange text is what causes 3DMigoto to no longer draw the original. So really both replacements are working and removing the original shirt mesh. However, the shirt you are seeing isn't the original but likely the ResourceMarieBodySR_Punk_Shirt from Knight's mod (assuming that you do have multiple mods active against the Punk Rock Shirt suit). To fix this, all you need to do is stop Knight's mod from drawing its own shirt which either you can remove the entire [TextureOverrideMarieBodySR_Punk_Shirt_VB] section from Knight's mod, or remove your [TextureOverridetop] and just modify [TextureOverrideMarieBodySR_Punk_Shirt_VB] to no longer include the "vb0", "ib" and "drawindexed" lines (green colored text). If its not Knight's mod or if you don't know which mod you have is doing it, just search for an INI file in your Mods folder that also contains the text "67a8ee3f" and that is likely the other mod.

So basically, your INI contents are correct for skipping what you want to skip. If its intended to be the only mod for the SR Punk suit, then it is missing the replacing the body mesh with a new mesh that fills in the missing pieces exposed by skipping the skirt and panties, but that I'm assuming is partially what's being provided by the other mods you have active. When starting out, it'll likely help you if you deal with a single INI file with all the relevant overrides and resources located together so you can see everything together that is affecting the the suit you are modifying.

Thanks mate for your comprising answer ! I will look into it and not bother anyone anymore ? !

Yes, there is an inordinate amount of mods out already (and in my mods folder).

Most vexing is the fact that so many new mods have keyboard commands to cycle lots of variations which doesn´t work so well always. I personally much preferred the original but clumsy "mod.ini" system which was easy to configure to my liking and staying that way.

Well thanks again for your help, effort, and excellent modding!

19 hours ago, Hans Jürgen said:

Thanks mate for your comprising answer ! I will look into it and not bother anyone anymore ? !

Yes, there is an inordinate amount of mods out already (and in my mods folder).

Most vexing is the fact that so many new mods have keyboard commands to cycle lots of variations which doesn´t work so well always. I personally much preferred the original but clumsy "mod.ini" system which was easy to configure to my liking and staying that way.

Well thanks again for your help, effort, and excellent modding!

You can look for "Change Default Top", "Override Default Top", "Override & Lock default top & panty" wordings on my new mod.

This can set the variation as you want, I think it is more easily to configure.

Sorry I just notice my new variation mod missed the active mod control, so the variation still changing with key press when the mod is not active.

I will release a update later, sorry for the inconvenience.

EDIT

Just updated my mods, now it will not change the variation when the mod is not active.

Tamaki Hitomi Asari

Mikomai

First Rouge

16 hours ago, minazuki said:

SSR Nagisa Crystal Snow

NagisaCrystalSnow.png.4ed27591cb510d8b6d43a770d1872ddb.png

Reveal hidden contents

1.jpg.745828a6d27adaa53ff0f36f03373bd3.jpg2.jpg.f3a71b4b407026edc2fc1688736c44f1.jpg

Just make it nude in a simplest way.

You can remove the scarf by rename the ini file.

You must use the hi-res skin to show the nipple:

Download

SSR Nagisa Crystal Snow.zip

Thanks mate ! Excellent!

Sadly too late for me, now Nagisa doesn´t show up anymore at Login ?

And let´s see your mod updates. Thanks again for your work and kindness

Event SSR Sister Dark Iris

SisterDarkIris.png.5fe4bb8cd00c1b284fa37195897869aa.png

Spoiler

Both.jpg.2724d0144cb5d0ff348a699c3b4ef20e.jpgKasumi.jpg.eb30c761187de90eeed91bc8ffff8738.jpgAyane.jpg.ce33f23d6e434a6761118567960550ce.jpg

Just a quick topless mod, I will not make a no panty version.

This mod needs Hi-res body Skin Texture, e.g. HI-METAL's Skin

Sorry, just thought of an idea, I can mod it easily with top partial nude.

Now added a top open version.

Spoiler

topOpen.jpg.542a4e5b5931d9614458e6699d33d10d.jpg

Changelog

Spoiler

v1.1

Fixed a ribbon rope on back will not remove in Topless version

Added top open version

v1.0

Initial release

Known issue

Kasumi's top ring on chest will show a wrong color. (see above preview)

Ayane is not affected, and I don't know why.

Download

SSR Event Sister Dark Iris.zip

SSR Event Sister Dark Iris v1.1.zip