FuroTrap Improved: Tentacles! v6.91 (Last Updated: Apr-20)

I only came across this mod very recently, but nonetheless I am impressed.  I did however, find a target the spell shouldn't be used on or near; 'golden saint guards' or 'dark seducer guards' in the shivering isles.  The animation plays fine but at the moment the target is released, the game crashes.  Not tested it on the summoned variety yet.  I'm guessing it is because the game then tries to apply the 'been hit before' stat to all the others of their type, even if they haven't been.  (I'm using version 6.7 without having ever used any previous vesions, so I don't know if this applies only to 6.7 or all of them.)  Spell works on anyone else though.  Keep up the good work.

• 3 weeks later...

Bump? Bump.

So, I was bored last night and whipped up a version of FuroTrap Improved with my own ideas. If feanor doesn't approve, I'll take this down. The main addition here is the "Struggle" system". The "Struggle" system works by using fatigue to escape (with progress measured by magicka). In short the rules are like this:

Left-mouse button: Weak struggle (lose some fatigue)

Right-mouse button: Strong struggle (lose lots of fatigue)

No button: No struggle (regain fatigue, lose magicka*)

When you click/hold**...

Fatigue > Magicka: Regain some magicka

Fatigue = Magicka: Regain a lot of magicka

Fatigue < Magicka: Regain little magicka

0% Magicka: Failure (wait until Fatigue refills to try again)

100% Magicka: Win (escape the trap)

*you always lose some magicka, even when you fight to regain it

**you need to hold the mouse buttons, as it updates every second, not constantly

How close fatigue has to be to magicka (without going under) for the bonus, along with how much magicka you lose each update is determined by the difficulty (read below). Orgasms/births will drain magicka.

There are two settings available: Failure Mode and Difficulty. Enter the following in the console to configure them:

set FuroTrapQuest.StruggleFailureMode to #

0 (default): Nothing happens, you just can't struggle again until your fatigue refills.

1: Increases the number of rounds with the tentacles each time your fail.

2: Failing traps you in the tentacles endlessly. The only way out is to struggle again.

set FuroTrapQuest.StruggleDifficulty to #

0 (default): Dynamic - Struggling grows harder as the tentacles peel away your resistance

1: Easy

2: Normal

3: Hard

4: Very Hard

5: Impossible

Also, the Oblivion Turrets now shoot Furo Traps instead of fire.

FuroGeneratorTrap.esp

Bump? Bump.

So, I was bored last night and whipped up a version of FuroTrap Improved with my own ideas. If feanor doesn't approve, I'll take this down. The main addition here is the "Struggle" system". The "Struggle" system works by using fatigue to escape (with progress measured by magicka). In short the rules are like this:

Also, the Oblivion Turrets now shoot Furo Traps instead of fire.

Sounds cool. I'll download it!

Update March 19, 2013 (v6.8)
* New Scamp Spell Calculation Method
-- (Trap Tokens x Scamp Effectiveness) + (Victim's Previous Trapped Count x 10) > Victim Resistance (Willpower or Endurance)
* Trap Tokens wear off at a rate of 1 per game hour (2 real world minutes)
-- Note that hours resting count as well
* Re-organized Settings Spell again
* Scamp Effectiveness now defaults to "High" (x20)
* Fixed bug where trap object would follow victim around after victim was released

I haven't incorporated anything from Chase Roxand's esp yet, but so far it looks promising.

To upgrade to v6.8, just update the .esp file:

<link obsolete>

since the 6.8 update, i have had constant problems with the animObjects not disappearing, and the "1 per trapped tokens" not appearing (i set them to playable to confirm)

i only had the problem with the AnimObjects rarely with 6.7 in the past. (in 6.8, i could not find the part in the script where a "1 per trapped token" was added, only where they were counted)

also, could you consider making the spawned daedra have the appearance of something less pathetic than a scamp, 

Very nice work. I did have a question about the messages that appear at the top left of the screen while the trap is in effect. mine seem to flash by very quickly (most for less than 4 seconds). Is there a way to make them stay a bit longer so they can be read?

Beyond that, I'm quite impressed. A+ work on this mod! ^.^

Luckily, I ran into this "too fast text" problem myself and was able to solve it.

It seems to be a conflict with OBSE 0020 and the MenuQue plugin.

There are 3 solutions:

#1. Remove MenuQue (not recommened)

Delete MenuQue.dll from Data\OBSE\Plugins folder.

#2. Upgrade to OBSE 0021 (not recommended)

The latest beta fixes this conflict: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2584752/obse_0021_beta_2.zip

#3. Change MenuQue settings (recommended)

In the Data\OBSE\Plugins\MenuQue.ini file:

[uI:General]

; Fix bug with a UI message to actually use variable durations.

bFixMessageDuration=1

change to:

[uI:General]

; Fix bug with a UI message to actually use variable durations.

bFixMessageDuration=0

Note that changes to iDefaultMessageDuration seem to have no effect on the issue.

Trying that now!

You're a saint, Feanor! Thanks so much! ^.^

• 2 weeks later...

since the 6.8 update, i have had constant problems with the animObjects not disappearing, and the "1 per trapped tokens" not appearing (i set them to playable to confirm)

i only had the problem with the AnimObjects rarely with 6.7 in the past. (in 6.8, i could not find the part in the script where a "1 per trapped token" was added, only where they were counted)

also, could you consider making the spawned daedra have the appearance of something less pathetic than a scamp, 

Good catch!

Yes, it appears that 6.8 doesn't add trap count tokens anymore.

I think I have a fix for the AnimObjects too.

I'll release a quick patch today to fix it.

Also, I am working on a large update that adds new content including some scamp alternatives.

great mod, anyway to make your character unkillable while in a trap?  have mobs run in from a ways away and start hitting me  when im trapped :P which knocks me outa the animatiion  but the sound continues

Yes, I'm looking into allowing enemy attacks to release victims rather than kill them.

This would include the player as well.

I have a sort of bug in mine, when i cast the spell on my character, my character disappears except the upper-body  no animation is shown. This is fixed by using 'tfc' twice but I want to know it there is another method of fixing this problem.

You are in first person mode I bet.

I'll make a fix to the trap that forces you into 3rd person mode so the bug won't occur.

This update fixes a few outstanding bugs.

Update April 6, 2013 (v6.9)

* Fixed bug when player in first-person mode
* Fixed bug where trapCount history was not updating

If you already have v6.X installed, just download and replace the .esp file:

http://www.loverslab.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=20936

Thanks for the testing! I know it can be annoying at times, but your feedback really helps me out! :lol:

Just to let everyone know, I'm working on a large update for v7.0.

It includes:

* A complete rewrite of the mod from scratch

* Improved functionality for existing features

* New features!

* New content!

* Support for content from other mods!

- If you have certain mods installed, the FuroTrap will use those mods' content

- Similar to how FuroTrap does right now with sounds from Lovers or Estrus

Ehmm FuroGeneratorTrap.esp got as a master FuroGeneratorTrap.esp removed it with tes4gecko but when scanned for errors with tes4edit I got the following :

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [01] FuroGeneratorTrap.esp
[00:00] SCRO - Global Reference -> Found a IDLE reference, expected: ACHR,ACRE,ACTI,ALCH,AMMO,APPA,ARMO,BOOK,BSGN,CELL,CLAS,CLOT,CONT,CREA,CSTY,DIAL,DOOR,EFSH,FACT,FLOR,FURN,GLOB,INGR,KEYM,LIGH,LVLC,LVLI,MGEF,MISC,NPC_,NULL,PACK,PLYR,QUST,RACE,REFR,SCPT,SGST,SLGM,SOUN,SPEL,STAT,TREE,WEAP,WRLD,WTHR
[00:00] SCRO - Global Reference -> Found a IDLE reference, expected: ACHR,ACRE,ACTI,ALCH,AMMO,APPA,ARMO,BOOK,BSGN,CELL,CLAS,CLOT,CONT,CREA,CSTY,DIAL,DOOR,EFSH,FACT,FLOR,FURN,GLOB,INGR,KEYM,LIGH,LVLC,LVLI,MGEF,MISC,NPC_,NULL,PACK,PLYR,QUST,RACE,REFR,SCPT,SGST,SLGM,SOUN,SPEL,STAT,TREE,WEAP,WRLD,WTHR
[00:00] Above errors were found in :References
[00:00] Above errors were found in :FuroTrapTokenScript [sCPT:010016BE]
[00:00] Above errors were found in :References
[00:00] Above errors were found in :FuroTrapSettingsSpellScript [sCPT:0100AD97]
[00:00] Above errors were found in :GRUP Top "SCPT"
[00:00] Above errors were found in :[01] FuroGeneratorTrap.esp

Other than that I really like this mod :)

Thanks for the mod.  I love it so far.  One bug though, is there any way you can add something to immobilize an NPC or disable AI when they are in the trap?  I just installed v6.9 and it seems like now the NPC's can still talk and interact while in the trap.  They also wander and move about now then stop and resume the trap animation.

Just downloaded the mods like every other mod, replaced the esp.
But when i try to activate it with wyre bash it wont work :/

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "bash\basher.pyo", line 2072, in OnLeftDown
File "bash\basher.pyo", line 1033, in checkUncheckMod
File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 5709, in select
File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 5700, in select
bash.bolt.BoltError: Circular Masters: FuroGeneratorTrap.esp >> FuroGeneratorTrap.esp

Can someone help me pls? : )

Just downloaded the mods like every other mod, replaced the esp.

But when i try to activate it with wyre bash it wont work :/

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "bash\basher.pyo", line 2072, in OnLeftDown

File "bash\basher.pyo", line 1033, in checkUncheckMod

File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 5709, in select

File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 5700, in select

bash.bolt.BoltError: Circular Masters: FuroGeneratorTrap.esp >> FuroGeneratorTrap.esp

Can someone help me pls? : )

I'm getting the same error. Happens with the esp attatched to the post and the esp included with the .rar package linked in the installation instructions.