FuroTrap Improved: Tentacles! v6.91 (Last Updated: Apr-20)

For some reason wild scamps in the conjurers' caves do not cast trap spell. They cast the trap spell in 6.5 version. 

Ah, they probably don't have enough mana to cast it anymore.

I can either, increase Scamp default Magic, or make the trap spell a little cheaper.

Very nice work. I did have a question about the messages that appear at the top left of the screen while the trap is in effect. mine seem to flash by very quickly (most for less than 4 seconds). Is there a way to make them stay a bit longer so they can be read?

Beyond that, I'm quite impressed. A+ work on this mod! ^.^

My jaw dropped testing this mod! :heart:

So it will replace all the mine trap in the game into a FuroTrap, right?

Yup, all daedric mines will trap any women (or men if you so choose) if they activate it and/or are close enough to the mine when it activates.

Is there a way to save the ladies from Oblivion?  I found that the only thing I could do to stop them from spawning tons of scamps was to murder them.

Not a ideal solution, really.

Also yeah, messages are very short.  Not sure it can be fixed, though, as they are just messages on the screen.

I'm enjoying the mod, but saving those girls without killing them would be nice.

Guest ThatOne

If you want to make the spell cheaper, but still make sure it isn't constantly used, you could possibly add a fatigue threshold on the victim.

So, if it hits and the victim has too much fatigue it'll take a percentage of her fatigue away, and if it hits when she is low enough it'll trap her.

Another idea is to add cooldown to the spell.

My jaw dropped testing this mod! :heart:

So it will replace all the mine trap in the game into a FuroTrap, right?

Yup, all daedric mines will trap any women (or men if you so choose) if they activate it and/or are close enough to the mine when it activates.

Also, most wandering scamps (those not summoned by a conjurer) will cast the trap spell at their enemies.

Is there a way to save the ladies from Oblivion?  I found that the only thing I could do to stop them from spawning tons of scamps was to murder them.

Not a ideal solution, really.

Also yeah, messages are very short.  Not sure it can be fixed, though, as they are just messages on the screen.

I'm enjoying the mod, but saving those girls without killing them would be nice.

The only way right now is to kill all the scamps the victims spawn.

Eventually the victim will be released and if no scamps are about they will be no one to re-trapped them.

The original mod had an option where you could damage the victims to free them, but as you say, that led to the victims being killed more often than released.

Perhaps I can add a non-violent way to release the victims.

If you want to make the spell cheaper, but still make sure it isn't constantly used, you could possibly add a fatigue threshold on the victim.

So, if it hits and the victim has too much fatigue it'll take a percentage of her fatigue away, and if it hits when she is low enough it'll trap her.

Another idea is to add cooldown to the spell.

I like the fatigue idea. Though I am using a similar mechanic already once the victim is trapped.

Let me see if I can balance it so high-level NPCs aren't effectively immune and low-level NPCs aren't insta-trapped.

Hmm I dislike the idea of the fatigue. Two reasons: 

-compatibility problems with PlayerSlaveEncounter which base the fatigue as the prerequisite for the enslavement chance

-possible compatibility problems with the LoversRapers - lowest fatigue causes stagger upon which the stagger victim can be easily abused by the nearby NPC

Maybe make the fatigue feature optional for the maximum compatibility?  :)

Hmm I dislike the idea of the fatigue. Two reasons: 

-compatibility problems with PlayerSlaveEncounter which base the fatigue as the prerequisite for the enslavement chance

-possible compatibility problems with the LoversRapers - lowest fatigue causes stagger upon which the stagger victim can be easily abused by the nearby NPC

Maybe make the fatigue feature optional for the maximum compatibility?  :)

Very good point Nepro.

I think there's a way to get a similar effect without actually draining the fatigue stat using hidden tokens.

If victim steps on an actual Oblivion Mine Trap: 100% captured

If player casts Trap Spell: 100% captured

However, if Scamp casts Trap Spell:

1. Add hidden token to victim

2. Compare token count to victim's willpower/endurance (whichever is higher)

3. If (token count + times trapped) * (balancing multiplier) > victim's willpower/endurance, then Captured (activate trap and remove all hidden tokens)

No actual changes to stats are involved.

Very nice work. I did have a question about the messages that appear at the top left of the screen while the trap is in effect. mine seem to flash by very quickly (most for less than 4 seconds). Is there a way to make them stay a bit longer so they can be read?

Beyond that, I'm quite impressed. A+ work on this mod! ^.^

Luckily, I ran into this "too fast text" problem myself and was able to solve it.

It seems to be a conflict with OBSE 0020 and the MenuQue plugin.

There are 3 solutions:

#1. Remove MenuQue (not recommened)

Delete MenuQue.dll from Data\OBSE\Plugins folder.

#2. Upgrade to OBSE 0021 (not recommended)

The latest beta fixes this conflict: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2584752/obse_0021_beta_2.zip

#3. Change MenuQue settings (recommended)

In the Data\OBSE\Plugins\MenuQue.ini file:

[uI:General]

; Fix bug with a UI message to actually use variable durations.

bFixMessageDuration=1

change to:

[uI:General]

; Fix bug with a UI message to actually use variable durations.

bFixMessageDuration=0

Note that changes to iDefaultMessageDuration seem to have no effect on the issue.

New Update Feb 24, 2013 (v6.7)
* All Scamps in game should now be able to cast FuroTrap Spell
* Scamp Trap Spell now takes multiple hits to trap victim
 -- Every time spell hits, it adds to the stack
 -- Victim willpower/endurance (whichever is higher) is compared to the stack
 -- If the stack is higher than willpower/endurance, victim falls into the trap
 -- The more often victim is successfully trapped, the less resistance they will have to the Scamp Trap Spell
* Added Scamp Effectiveness to Settings
 -- Normal, High, Very High, Low
 -- The higher the Effectiveness, the quicker the Trap Spell stack builds up
 -- Normal (default) = 4-5 hits on most low level victims
* Lowered Scamp Trap Spell casting cost
* Trap-Summoned Scamps are now hostile by default (can still be overwritten in settings if needed)
* Fixed flickering text bug
* Fixed voice progression bug

If you already have FuroTrap 6.0+ installed, just download and replace this .esp file:

<link obsolete>

Guest ThatOne

If victim steps on an actual Oblivion Mine Trap: 100% captured

If player casts Trap Spell: 100% captured

However, if Scamp casts Trap Spell:

1. Add hidden token to victim

2. Compare token count to victim's willpower/endurance (whichever is higher)

3. If (token count + times trapped) * (balancing multiplier) > victim's willpower/endurance, then Captured (activate trap and remove all hidden tokens)

The idea behind my suggestion was that the counter should go down at some point. The regeneration on fatigue was the simplest to achieve that goal (also making it relatively realistic), but if you wish for it to be more compatible with other mods timers can always be used.

Otherwise, it's down to dodging the spell again.

To prove my point:

Let's say the character hasn't been trapped yet, and is mid-level with a full hundred on endurance. With the normal setting, it'll take ten casts ((10 + 0) * 10 = 100) for the first trap to hit. The second trap will need nine casts ((9 + 1) * 10 = 100) and the third will need eight. After ten casts, it'll be instant as (0 + 10)*10=100.

With ely's uncapper, it'll take significently longer to reach the instant-trap stage, but with no way of making the times trapped counter go down it will eventually be reached.

These are all suggestions, and you are free to use or ignore them as you see fit.

In my opinion, both values should decline over time for this to be playable with a melee main character.

-You could add a check to the spell to see when was the last time the character was hit by the trap spell, and if too much time has passed the tokens should reset to one (it being the one that just hit the character).

-Or you could make a timer that would start once the tokens are added to the characters inventory, and when it runs out they all get removed. A spell effect could also be used, though with up to two hundred and fifty endurance\willpower with Ely's Uncapper it might be better to use a timer.

-Another option is to make all the tokens disappear once the character is undetected by any enemies.

The times trapped could be changed to sensitivity or something similar; added every time the character in question is trapped, and declines very slowly (once an in-game week, or month or whatever).

Considering the trap lasts for quite a while (even with the lowest settings), I feel this just takes away from the fun of combat, replacing it with spell dodging (which is very easy to do) and hurling arrows\spells at the scamps until they are all dead.

I appreciate your hard work on this mod, but as it currently is I'm not going to use v6.7; it simply doesn't fit my style of play.

Of course, I'll still offer suggestions if you would like.

-TO

I appreciate your hard work on this mod, but as it currently is I'm not going to use v6.7; it simply doesn't fit my style of play.

Of course, I'll still offer suggestions if you would like.

-TO

Worst case scenario (you've been previously trapped 10 times) would be identical functionality to v6.6: A single cast would trap you 100% of the time.

You can always adjust the Scamp Effectiveness lower or higher (if you want to be trapped more or less often).

I try to allow adjustments like these in the Settings Spell since I'm not sure about the specifics of anyone's character.

Are they low level or high? Melee or ranged? 40 willpower or 200? Etc.

I agree that both types of tokens should wear off after time.

I'll see what I can do.

Keep in mind that this mod is still in development so nothing is set in stone.

Given that I only have time to play-test 1 or 2 characters with the mod, I'm glad to have feedback like yours on balancing. :)

Why 6.7 remove "Reset Animations"?

When 6.6,"VipCxj_HighHeels.esp"cause some problem in it,when victim dress the shoues with HighHeels effect ,the body will upon the trap,when released,the trap no disappear.

(Sorry, I'm poor in English)

I removed it by accident because I ran out of room on the Settings menu! :blush:

The VipCxj HighHeels problem is known to me, I haven't been able to find a better fix for it yet.

I'll find a way to put the Reset option back next version (6.8).

Thanks for the feedback.

It's good to know that "Reset Animations" was helpful for you.

Don't have time to test yet, but I do very much like the concept of the new scamp spells.

If you read way back near the start of this thread you will see I have been struggling to find a good balance between being too easy and too hard to get trapped by the Scamps.

Many of the best solutions (like draining fatigue) are used by other mods, so I'm trying some odd ideas in order not to conflict with them.

It's not "good enough" yet, so I'd like any feedback that any of you may have.

Adding the spell to those spinny-tower things in Oblivion could be fun. Also, it could be a bit of work, but some kind of struggle mechanic might be useful. Perhaps you hit Space Bar to use fatigue to struggle. How close you are to success is measured by your magic bar. If your fatigue runs out from not letting it recover, you fail completely. Something like Sexlivion. That way people can perv out to the animations if they like, but have something to do if they actually want to play.

Don't have time to test yet, but I do very much like the concept of the new scamp spells.

If you read way back near the start of this thread you will see I have been struggling to find a good balance between being too easy and too hard to get trapped by the Scamps.

Many of the best solutions (like draining fatigue) are used by other mods, so I'm trying some odd ideas in order not to conflict with them.

It's not "good enough" yet, so I'd like any feedback that any of you may have.

Well keep in mind I have no idea how or if this could be implemented, but it would be interesting to me if each hit slowed you down just a little, with every hit adding to the stack slowing you more until you're basically a sitting duck if you're hit too much.

So if you charge in and deal with one scamp you could find yourself unable to escape another's attacks, that sort of thing.