FuroTrap Improved: Tentacles! v6.91 (Last Updated: Apr-20)

Great work on what you've done with this, I'd personally like to see it evolve a bit differently though.  My suggestion... instead of birthing full grown scamps, how about the trap fills the character up with eggs and then once the trap is finished, the character is released and goes into a birthing animation and starts laying the eggs.  Basically a combination of this and the egg laying stuff from cursed armor.  To me, it just doesn't seem right that scamps are bred this way... I'd rather see it as how estrus and furo traps themselves are created.  

Scamps and daedra could still cast the spell, summon the estrus and furo creatures...

which then breed with the player and npcs...

knock them up with eggs...

victim starts laying the eggs...

tiny furo and estrus traps spread out into the world to breed more

The new traps could be added to leveled lists, disguised as random stationary plants, hide in treasure chests and such...

Maybe even let the player take an egg or two home and raise their own little tentacle monster pets.

Guest ThatOne

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but...

SoTotallyLin,

Feanor doesn't have the resources to make it, and unless I am very much mistaken does not know how to do all of the following alone: create a rig, model and animation - without which the mod cannot be made for Skyrim.

Meddlesom,

You can't place activators into creature leveled lists, far as I know. Yes, you could create a dummy NPC that has an OnLoad script that randomly selects a plant type, places it in the dummy's location, then disables the dummy. The obvious issue here is that there would be less monsters (and oblivion already has very few).

You will also need to create a huge variety of plant-like activators with the script attached (statics cannot have scripts attached to them). Otherwise, players will learn to be cautious when near one of the plant types that can be traps.

This is a problem because you can't ensure that the plants will appear in their appropriate climate, making some of the traps - again - easily identifiable.

Also, most of the leveled lists are used in both interiors and exteriors. Having a plant in a ruined fort is more than a little suspicious...

Next issue is that there is no "proper" birthing animation. Yes, one can be made, but unless you want to make it yourself I don't see it happening.

As for tentacle monster pets... Once again, not going to happen; we don't have the base skeleton that was used to make these animations, nor the base model. This means we cannot make the basic animations required for every creature - or any animations at all, for that matter. The only thing we can have is what you've already seen.

You are way over thinking it.

I never said anything about needing new animations.  A creature could be reused from lovers creatures, like those little starfish type things or something similar.  Those creatures could be stationary and cast the trap spell when something gets close enough.  The "tentacle monster pet" could simply be one of those, by placing an egg an activating it, it spawns that creature and there it stays.  Birthing animation could come from cursed armor if wolf would allow it, or there are some other lovers pk animations that are close enough to work too.

Just have to use your imagination, all of this stuff is possible and none of it requires new resources.  Trapped chests and such have already been done, tentacle traps disguised as plants would only be in outdoor areas, and there are leveled lists that only appear outdoors.  The creature itself can be a stationary plant model, not animated.

I also wouldn't restrict them to oblivion.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. Firstly thank you for this mod and good luck with 7.0. (helped me improve my non-existent mod skills by the simple process of realising I had to respect the file order ^^)

I appear to be having some sort of problem.  My character is spelunking in Belda at the moment (yes very new) and when the stunted scamps hit me with their furo trap my character disappears except for her torso.  After the first time I experienced this, I tested the Cast Trap Self in a "safe" location and it worked no problem.  I thought maybe it was a glitch, and while I wasn't actively hunting to test it again I did get hit by another Stunted Scamp Furo Trap and the same effect occurred.

So I was curious and wondered if people have suggestions why this might be occurring or fixes for the issue.

My load order:

Oblivion.esm
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed.esm
Chanpon.esm
x117race.esm
BreakUndies.esm
Lovers with PK.esm
LoversCreature.esm
USIPS Additional Changes.esp
UOPS Additional Changes.esp
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
DLCFrostcrag.esp
DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCThievesDen.esp
DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp
DLCHorseArmor.esp
DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCOrrery.esp
DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCSpellTomes.esp
DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCVileLair.esp
DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp
Knights.esp
UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp
Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp
MaleBodyReplacerV5.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Ashara's Sirens and Tritons.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Chocolate Elves.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed CustomRace.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Cute Elves.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Disable BandBlindMask.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed ENG Race.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Eye Modules.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged Hair Modules.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged RoseSims Hair Modules.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Merged SKSRENs Hair Modules.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed MS Elves - NoSc.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Nec Mystic High Elf Remake.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Sheogorath Eye.esp
Beautiful People 2ch-Ed Vanilla Race.esp
DiabloEF 6 in 1.esp
Lop-ears Elf.esp
x117 Merged SKSRENs Hair Modules.esp
x117Race ENG Race.esp
x117race.esp
Lovers with PK.esp
LoversAdultPlayPlusforSSP.esp
LoversVoiceSSPplus.esp
LoversSlaveTrader.esp
PlayerSlaveEncounters_V0.69.esp
LoversCreature.esp
LoversStalkerM.esp
FuroGeneratorTrap.esp
LoversRaperS.esp
LoversBitch.esp
Colourwheels Sexy Oblivion OverHaul.esp
LSTBravilUnderground.esp
LSTaddonInH.esp
BudongsNarcolepsySpell.esp
LoversIdleAnimsPriority.esp
LoversAnimObjectsPriority.esp

EDIT: Thanks for your time I have (hopefully) fixed the issue.  The textures and meshes from Estrus were interfering with the display, even without the .esp

Hey all. Just letting everyone know I haven't died or anything.

Between E3, Apple WWDC and work I've been slammed.

The good news is that I am back working on the 7.0 update.

I'm hoping to get the 7.0 beta into your hands for testing by July 6th weekend. :D

Note: Version 6.91 will remain the latest "stable" release for those of you who just want to play.

Version 7.0 beta should be available for those adventurous souls that want to see the new stuff, but don't mind finding (and reporting) some bugs.

• 2 weeks later...

Work goes well on the new FuroTrap version 7.0.

It is already working better than version 6.91, but I still have more to add! :lol:

I have a question for you all:

I'm thinking of removing a number of the Trap Settings and just designing the trap to scale up in power as the Player level increases.

Do any of you use the FuroTrap Settings much? Or do you just stick with the defaults?

I turn up the rate of events to the maximum, and if it weren't so much work for so little reduction, I'd turn down the number of events to the minimum. The effectiveness of the scamps is the only thing I could see scaling to level.

I agree with whoever-it-was that there should be an ini file to load settings from.

Other ideas: (not sure how difficult they'd be to implement)

• Add a hook to LPK to make tentacles count as sex.
  • Make it so that you can shoot the ground to create a tentacle mine (this sometimes happens already, but only when I hit an enemy and it doesn't catch them). Ideally, this would subsequently not count as an attack! :D (I'm not sure if the normal spell counts as an attack...
  • Find a sexier kind of Daedra to summon.
  • Add an (optional) "escape" or "resistance" minigame somehow.
  • Add tentacle-thing you can wear after you run out of resistance that causes you to keep spawning, but lets you continue running around doing stuff. (maybe it interrupts you every so often with a breeding event?)
Oh, also, how do you rescue people from the traps? (e.g., the victims in Kvatch)

@powerofvoid: Some of those ideas are good, but some are a bit difficult to realize.

1. Since the tentacle forces you, I guess that it would count as rape, and you don't get any exp when being raped, only when you force someone, so that would a bit difficult.

2. That would also make you able to step into that trap, so it would be risky, but if you lure someone into a bottleneck where you placed that trap, then it's worth it.

3. Like female Dremora? I know that there are some mods on the Nexus that turn all Dremora into females, so that would be nice.

4. I'm not sure how would you even be able to evade a trap, or would you *want* to escape it.  :D

5. That would be hilarious in a town. Imagine: you fast travel to a town, and then those tentacles force you to give birth to several Dremoras. And then the guards attack those Dremoras. Add to that battle rape and set it to everybody raping everybody...

All in all: 4/5. Very good.

@feanor69: Well, *I* use FuroTrap settings, but I can't speak for others. As for the defaults, (being a Libra) I tend to change them, so sticking with the defaults would be a bit dull.

1. Since the tentacle forces you, I guess that it would count as rape, and you don't get any exp when being raped, only when you force someone, so that would a bit difficult.

I was thinking about Lovers Aphrodisia, not LPK-E.

Even in LPK-E, though, you can change a setting so you do get SeXP while being raped.

2. That would also make you able to step into that trap, so it would be risky, but if you lure someone into a bottleneck where you placed that trap, then it's worth it.

I've stumbled on my own traps in the current version.

What I can't do is set them deliberately.

3. Like female Dremora? I know that there are some mods on the Nexus that turn all Dremora into females, so that would be nice.

this one is just a list replacer, so it works with whatever, but this one depends on MBP. I'd prefer one that doesn't require me to install MBP.

4. I'm not sure how would you even be able to evade a trap, or would you *want* to escape it.  :D

While you still have resistance left, you still want to escape it.

It would probably be difficult, and run off of agility, so that would be how sneaky-types deal with it -- they can't endure it as long, so they have to get out. Fortunately, they're good at that (relatively speaking).

I would like it if the minigame could be turned off in the ini, because I've had trouble with other things that wanted input during sex (LPK-E, specifically)

@powerofvoid: Well, since some of Lovers mods require MBP, that shouldn't be too much of problem to decide whether to d/l or not.

As for rape XP, how can that happen? I only know that you get minus exp for being raped.

There's a config setting for it in xLPK.ini

I think it defaults to a negative number, so you just replace it with a positive number. (or the other way around...)

Anyway, I'm rather vexed on how to rescue the "furotrapped victim" NPCs in Kvatch.

I talk to them, and they take a very short break, but then they get right back in!

@powerofvoid: Well, I just checked and it doesn't default to a negative value. It said (I changed it for myself, but it said this before I changed it):

"set xLoversSPHUD.rapedmult to 0.3" and I got NEGATIVE exp for being raped. And it also says "a value> 0" so I don't think it would be wise to set it below 0 because it could crash the game.

Edit: Well, my theory was wrong. I tried setting to a negative level and I did get positive exp. Idiot!

I agree with whoever-it-was that there should be an ini file to load settings from.

Other ideas: (not sure how difficult they'd be to implement)

• Add a hook to LPK to make tentacles count as sex.
  • Make it so that you can shoot the ground to create a tentacle mine (this sometimes happens already, but only when I hit an enemy and it doesn't catch them). Ideally, this would subsequently not count as an attack! :D (I'm not sure if the normal spell counts as an attack...
  • Find a sexier kind of Daedra to summon.
  • Add an (optional) "escape" or "resistance" minigame somehow.
  • Add tentacle-thing you can wear after you run out of resistance that causes you to keep spawning, but lets you continue running around doing stuff. (maybe it interrupts you every so often with a breeding event?)
Oh, also, how do you rescue people from the traps? (e.g., the victims in Kvatch)

Let me answer them in order:

* Yes, v7 loads settings from .ini

* LPK intregration has been on my mind for future updates.

* Placing mines is kind of a bug in v6.91, I've removed it from v7. My concern is that your save file might become really big. I'm open to adding it in as a separate spell, but I would include some warnings to not overuse it.

* Yes, v7 has code from Justinof that summons sexier Daedra.

* Yes, v7 has code from Chase Roxand that allows escape.

* Yes, v7 has a couple of variations on this idea of being "cursed" after escaping the trap.

* Early versions of the trap allowed you to attack the trapped NPCs to free them. This feature is not in v6.91, but it has returned in v7.

Guest ThatOne

A few suggestions, that may give you ideas:

-Make the separate spell place a different trap with exactly the same functionality (just different base ID), and add another spell that removes all those traps within a certain distance of the player.

That would allow the player to ensure s\he doesn't bloat his save file after s\he finished in a certain area.

-Another idea is to make those traps on a timer; add them all to an array and remove them when the timer expires. This will, of course, most likely require pluggy.

-You can also limit the number of active traps (four or five should be enough, in my opinion, though I realize others may argue).

With this approach, you can use persistent references. This way there will never be more than a handful of traps summoned at once.

Guest ThatOne

That's a good question\suggestion.

To be honest, I'm not sure how that works; cells are marked for reset after three days, but I don't know if the data is purged then as well.

If it is, a simple script could suffice, but if the player has to actually walk into the cell...

Well, that won't help in any Oblivion gate, or dungeon that you don't frequently visit.

Also, remember that places you visit too frequently are very unlikely to reset.

That's a good question\suggestion.

To be honest, I'm not sure how that works; cells are marked for reset after three days, but I don't know if the data is purged then as well.

If it is, a simple script could suffice, but if the player has to actually walk into the cell...

Well, that won't help in any Oblivion gate, or dungeon that you don't frequently visit.

Also, remember that places you visit too frequently are very unlikely to reset.

Maybe I should try the old videogame trick of removing the nth object.

For example, if the max was 20, if the player casts a 21st mine, then the 1st mine placed is removed. The 22nd removes the 2nd and so on.

I wonder, would this work if the first few mines were placed in a dungeon and the player had moved to town to cast the rest?

I can easily keep references to all the placed mines, but would the remove work "remotely"? I'll have to experiment.

Guest ThatOne

For example, if the max was 20, if the player casts a 21st mine, then the 1st mine placed is removed. The 22nd removes the 2nd and so on.

I wonder, would this work if the first few mines were placed in a dungeon and the player had moved to town to cast the rest?

I can easily keep references to all the placed mines, but would the remove work "remotely"? I'll have to experiment.

Pretty much my third suggestion in the post above the one you quoted. If you are using persistent refs, then all you have to do is just move them around (removing will be unnecessary). You can do that from entirely different cells, or from a worldspace into a cell.

Pretty much my third suggestion in the post above the one you quoted. If you are using persistent refs, then all you have to do is just move them around (removing will be unnecessary). You can do that from entirely different cells, or from a worldspace into a cell.

Excellent!