Thanks so much for this mod and your hard work in continually updating it. I almost never find myself using followers in games, not unless they have a particularly interesting story or quest to play through and even then I tend to abandon them as soon as their quests are done. With this mod though, even the dullest, most generic followers are actually fun to have around. So much so that I've ended up installing or tweaking a bunch of other mods just to get the game difficulty to where I really need to have a follower with me to make progress. 

Found a couple of small bugs, hope you don't mind.

The MCM setting for "Sent to simple slavery chance" has had a display bug for a few versions now. Trying to set the chance through the MCM slider results in it displaying as "$DF_0 %" rather than the actual value. I've tried some older versions of the mod and it works fine all the way up to 1.53 but then bugs out from 1.56 onwards. This happens with both the regular version and CGi's localised version. Interestingly, if you save MCM settings from version 1.53 or earlier and then load them with later versions, the Simple slavery chance shows correctly so at least there's a simple workaround. I'll try to attach a screenshot that shows what I mean. Also in the non-localised uploads the description is also garbled.

The second bug is a little more severe. In version 1.69 talking to inanimate objects (whispering lady in dragonsreach, statue of Mara in live another life starting zone, etc.) causes a guaranteed instant CTD. I can't be sure but at a guess I'd say this is the same problem that a several well known follower mods (Sofia, Vilja, Recorder) had in their older builds. Happens with localised and original uploads. Reverting to 1.68a or earlier fixes the issue.

Small issues aside, thanks again. This mod has genuinely changed the way I play Skyrim. I can't imagine my load order without it at this point.

20180701230006_1.jpg

20180701230804_1.jpg

27 minutes ago, lami said:

Lozeak, first, it is amazing mod, many said the reasons already, so just +1 from me.

Now few ideas and mix of my confusion or bugs

1) When a follower is angry about debt, how can I pay it in gold control mode? They take the gold with WIllpover penalty after a moment, but I can't see a way how to do "here is all what I got, please don't be mad" thing. When asking "About debt -> About gold", it isually lelves gold to my allowed limit (as when changinf area), but it doesn't level the debt (obviously, though). If there is no other way, I would either add a dialog option to pay the debt, or change  "About debt -> About gold" to pay the debt when in dangerous debt levels. Mostl likely reducing allowed gold to lowest possible level (or 0 if it doesn't help).

2) Can ask for more gold twice / infinite gold source? Somehow I managed to build up 70 000 gold - I think it is Devious Followers doing. My guess would be - I asked for more gold, it was accepted but not enough. So I asked again, now I had enough to buy stuff. If I recall, whenever I changed area, it notified about adding gold (same amount I was given extra). It might be adding extra when asked twice?

3) Hidden as it may be a bit cheaty

Hide contents

May be intended, but you can fulfill deal by adding a device with manipulated locks. Seems it doesn't impact gameplay anyway (device still has all the effects), just removal is easy.

Ideas:

1) Piercing deal stages - maybe supply own variants of piercings with more dramatic effects (and demand to wear them of cource)

2) When making a deal under high debt situation, it would be nice to have some feedback if it is enough. Like "Ok, this saves your hide for a while" (= now you can go, say, 1 day without enslavement) or "Well, I appreciate the effort, but it is just not enough" (= debt is still too high).

3) Some SexLab Aroused tie-in? Deal or part of based on arousal level low enough? A chastity belt would brea that, but maybe it can be turned into a mechanics.

I will see if I come up with other ideas, now when I got a taste of the mod gameplay. :)

1) If you sell stuff and zone that will pay debt.

You can make deals to lower your debt which should fix it.

Gold mode puts all your gold into paying debt.
The gold your carrying your followers gold lose it and you get debt.

2) I fixed (I hope) in 1.68 or was it on latest verison

3) Intended, you can mapiutate the locks, it's not the locks forcing you to wear them it's the follower!

Ideas....

2) Yes.... but I'm not gonna be as helpful as that...

When over debt ---> over debt 50% chance it says it's not enough

When over debt ---> under debt 50 chance to say it's enough.

Meaning when it says nothing you may have to risk taking another deal just to be sure!

3) Arousal system isn't great imo.... I will likly do content based of arousal but use a simpler system to explain it.

4 minutes ago, RetroGray said:

Thanks so much for this mod and your hard work in continually updating it. I almost never find myself using followers in games, not unless they have a particularly interesting story or quest to play through and even then I tend to abandon them as soon as their quests are done. With this mod though, even the dullest, most generic followers are actually fun to have around. So much so that I've ended up installing or tweaking a bunch of other mods just to get the game difficulty to where I really need to have a follower with me to make progress. 

Found a couple of small bugs, hope you don't mind.

The MCM setting for "Sent to simple slavery chance" has had a display bug for a few versions now. Trying to set the chance through the MCM slider results in it displaying as "$DF_0 %" rather than the actual value. I've tried some older versions of the mod and it works fine all the way up to 1.53 but then bugs out from 1.56 onwards. This happens with both the regular version and CGi's localised version. Interestingly, if you save MCM settings from version 1.53 or earlier and then load them with later versions, the Simple slavery chance shows correctly so at least there's a simple workaround. I'll try to attach a screenshot that shows what I mean. Also in the non-localised uploads the description is also garbled.

The second bug is a little more severe. In version 1.69 talking to inanimate objects (whispering lady in dragonsreach, statue of Mara in live another life starting zone, etc.) causes a guaranteed instant CTD. I can't be sure but at a guess I'd say this is the same problem that a several well known follower mods (Sofia, Vilja, Recorder) had in their older builds. Happens with localised and original uploads. Reverting to 1.68a or earlier fixes the issue.

Small issues aside, thanks again. This mod has genuinely changed the way I play Skyrim. I can't imagine my load order without it at this point.

Fun fact.... till i made this mod I never used followers. Like never. (Unbound achiv 2012 Married achiv 2017).

I used followers cause I thought disable removal and you have a decent enforcer for slavery lol.

$DF_0 % bug is a display error the mod does store you number and work correctly. It'll be fix next update (I basically typed $DF_0 % instead of $DF_0%, the help text is probably be doing something in the translation text I shouldn't of should be easily fix.

Thanks for the feedback.

Inanimate bug .... is still unfixable, you need to pause the mod to get passed that stuff. I might see if I can fix that again.

1 hour ago, Lozeak said:

Inanimate bug .... is still unfixable, you need to pause the mod to get passed that stuff. I might see if I can fix that again.

have you ever thought of adding a follower dialog to trigger when near these items? Just as a warning. Something like 

{Enters the chamber of the Augur]

Follower: "Hey, something about that thing is creeping me out. Can we talk a second before you activate it?"

Then give the dialog menu and option like "it's ok, take a break." which pauses the mod and opens a pop up explaining what is going on.

Something like

"Hey sorry about the immersion violation but, there is a persistent CDT bug with these objects, and DF needs to be paused while you speak to them. It is safe to enter the MCM menu and un-pause after you have finished talking to the {insert problem item}."

:) Just spitballin 

I am getting this repeat message from my follower.   Something like, "I almost forgot your were my plaything....."  then there is a notification that my playerfollowercount has been changed from 0 to 1.   The only problem is when I actually type in the console "show playerfollowercount"  ...   It continues to show 0.    I even did the dbug option for adding a follower and it still shows playerfollowercount at 0.   The follower is following, and everything else seems normal... but I am tired of this message coming up all the time.  thanks for all you hard work... I love this mod!

5 hours ago, Lozeak said:

1) If you sell stuff and zone that will pay debt.

You can make deals to lower your debt which should fix it.

Gold mode puts all your gold into paying debt.
The gold your carrying your followers gold lose it and you get debt.

Hm, perhaps I don't understand the mechanism. Let's say, I have 1500 on me, and the debt is 2500, so technically if I return everything, I shall be at 1000 debt. Am I right? Chatting about gold, which was observed to have zone-change effect, doesn't trigger that. I will try actually changing zone then.

Also when they start complaining about too high debt, I have like 15 seconds to react.

May be intended, just makes me confused. The mod isn't meant to be fair after all ?

2) I fixed (I hope) in 1.68 or was it on latest verison

Just when I sent the post, noticed there is new version. You can release new version faster than I can write a post ?

2) Yes.... but I'm not gonna be as helpful as that...

When over debt ---> over debt 50% chance it says it's not enough

When over debt ---> under debt 50 chance to say it's enough.

Meaning when it says nothing you may have to risk taking another deal just to be sure!

Much beter, love your ideas!

5 hours ago, lami said:

Hm, perhaps I don't understand the mechanism. Let's say, I have 1500 on me, and the debt is 2500, so technically if I return everything, I shall be at 1000 debt. Am I right? Chatting about gold, which was observed to have zone-change effect, doesn't trigger that. I will try actually changing zone then.

Also when they start complaining about too high debt, I have like 15 seconds to react.

May be intended, just makes me confused. The mod isn't meant to be fair after all ?

When starting gold mode, all the gold you are carrying is used to pay off debt then your are made to carry the agreed amount.

So if your follower making you carry

1000 gold you have 0 Credit and 0 debt. None of that gold is yours it's a loan from your follower.... spend/lose it = Debt.

What this mode does (intended to do)

Makes you carry a lot of gold that isn't your so if you have thiefy content enabled you could end up in debt via that.

Make it so at time you have no access to gold so you have to either rest or find a way to make the gold you need in that area.

The mod is fair lol just it let's players make mistakes!

9 hours ago, Leeyds4LLTS said:

I am getting this repeat message from my follower.   Something like, "I almost forgot your were my plaything....."  then there is a notification that my playerfollowercount has been changed from 0 to 1.   The only problem is when I actually type in the console "show playerfollowercount"  ...   It continues to show 0.    I even did the dbug option for adding a follower and it still shows playerfollowercount at 0.   The follower is following, and everything else seems normal... but I am tired of this message coming up all the time.  thanks for all you hard work... I love this mod!

Try new version! Thank you.

I'm getting a bug with the latest version. I have Alternate start installed. If I start a new game and DF is installed it crashes as soon as I hit the Mara statue. It is not happening if I uninstall DF. As far as I remember this happens if the dialog of "talking activator" is changed. For reference check:

Open the "hide contents" box of Elf Prince.

6 minutes ago, Rolgar said:

I'm getting a bug with the latest version. I have Alternate start installed. If I start a new game and DF is installed it crashes as soon as I hit the Mara statue. It is not happening if I uninstall DF. As far as I remember this happens if the dialog of "talking activator" is changed. For reference check:

Open the "hide contents" box of Elf Prince.

You have to pause DF to talk to the statue of Mara. Look in the MCM there is a toggle for pausing. 

In the installer version of CGi there was an EFF patch. Is that still ok to use?

Seemed fine to me until I was missing Dialogue from other Mods like SL Survival. 

I messed up my last play cause there where so many updates, and doing clsv everytime got a bit frustrating. Gonna start a fresh test. What version is updated anyway the local or the CK one? 

Also somthing I found, was once I payed off the plug deal, the chance of it beeing offered got shifted to the end. The remaining deals get offerd up first until they are maxed.

39 minutes ago, CGi said:

Devious Followers V1.69.3 - Cleaned, USLEEP Patched and Localized

aka version 1.69c

This is an FOMOD for easy installation using NMM, Vortex or MO. The folder structure follows the Bain standard for easy manual installation or with Wrye Bash.

Full German translation included. All vanilla languages have most of their vanilla entries translated but only in the localized plugin.

USLEEP is NOT a dependencie of any of the contained plugins.

Content:

- localized and unlocalized plugin

- EFF patch (updated)

- optional source scripts

- optional MO support

Download:

Devious Followers V1.69.3 (16.0 MB)

Ahh thanks, CGi, this is what I was waiting for. Perfect answers a lot of my confusion.

8 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

You have to pause DF to talk to the statue of Mara. Look in the MCM there is a toggle for pausing. 

I wonder why version 1.68a works great with the statue of Mara and now with 1.69 it doesnt work anymore

There seems te be an issue with the new versions

25 minutes ago, tuxagent7 said:

I wonder why version 1.68a works great with the statue of Mara and now with 1.69 it doesnt work anymore

There seems te be an issue with the new versions

I should be able to fix this, basically my mod shouldn't be running at all until it starts so, something is running it doesn't like.

38 minutes ago, Kalthen said:

Ahh thanks, CGi, this is what I was waiting for. Perfect answers a lot of my confusion.

The EFF patch only has one new edit concerning hiring dialogue though.

And why it would mess with SL Survival is beyond me unless it touches follower dialogue too because then it's overwritten by either DF or DF's EFF patch.

in this case you must load SL Survival after DF and its EFF patch and loose their functionality.

And i always update both plugins. i first edit the unlocalized one and then create the localized one from it.

So both have the same edits applied and are based on the same version of DF.

11 minutes ago, Rolgar said:

As far as I understand the issue is not with Alternate start in particular, but with every "talking activator" like for example in the Molag Bal Quest. in Markarth There are probably more. 

Yep, the issue is talking activators like the Mara statue, Augur of Dunlain, Clavicus Vile statue ect - sometimes mods will use a similar feature as well, like the player home Fyr Manor uses a talking activator for its "computer" that swaps rooms.  Question is how to fix it, I know some major mods in the past had the same issue and managed to fix it at some point (Vilja in Skyrim I believe is one) but I don't know if the fix used is common knowledge, and how that relates to DF.

@Lozeak - possibly something to look into regarding the statue CTD issue - managed to Google and find this old post about Vilja in Skyrim and what was causing the statue CTD for that mod.

The issue with the Talking Activators is cured now. :) 

Thanks and kudos to Syq111 and Raven 7189 for reporting the issue with the Talking Activators. The bug was inconsistent with the the different Talking Activators in our games but it was definitely there and then caused an immediate CTD. 

Special thanks also to DjJohnJarvis, who put us on the right track and to Arthmoor who assisted as well. 

It wasn't the IsSneaking condition on the subject or on the player on top of the condition list because this doesn't cause issues, but that IsSneaking was run on top of the list on the (player's) target, in this case the statue. IsSneaking causes CTDs with Talking Activators as DjJohnJarvis stated, whereas for example IsRiding Mount obviously is a natural thing for a statue :D. 

Source - https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/822684-vilja-in-skyrim/page-2797

It sounds like the cause of the crash for the Vilja mod was a dialogue condition being checked against a statue - in this case IsSneaking.  Not sure if Devious Followers uses the same condition, but if so it might be worth trying to remove that condition and see if ctd's still happen on statue activators.

4 hours ago, Lozeak said:
13 hours ago, Leeyds4LLTS said:

Try new version! Thank you.

I appreciate getting a response, thank you; however, I am using the new version.  I released the follower (with difficulty.. lol) and used the debug switch to turn off the mod before changing from the last version to the new version.   With the new version started I contracted to have the follower again, and the console still told me I had '0' followers.  I fixed it this time with "set playerfollowercount to 1", and I have been good ever since.   Just sharing info.  I really don't understand what caused it all to begin with.  Blessings.

36 minutes ago, CGi said:

The EFF patch only has one new edit concerning hiring dialogue though.

And why it would mess with SL Survival is beyond me unless it touches follower dialogue too because then it's overwritten by either DF or DF's EFF patch.

in this case you must load SL Survival after DF and its EFF patch and loose their functionality.

And i always update both plugins. i first edit the unlocalized one and then create the localized one from it.

So both have the same edits applied and are based on the same version of DF.

Yeah I am taking a closer look at it now. And realise your points. 

I am starting fresh anyway. In my last save... too many formIDs got messed up. I think I accidently cleaned a bit too much with Fallrim. (nothing to do with DF). It is beyond my likes of cleaning properly anymore. I am chucking RDS, too. Would have to incorporate your patch in seperate one in addition. Not worth the hassle to run with IMO. I'll just loose some flavour... I'll live fine;)

5 minutes ago, Reesewow said:

@Lozeak - possibly something to look into regarding the statue CTD issue - managed to Google and find this old post about Vilja in Skyrim and what was causing the statue CTD for that mod.

Source - https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/822684-vilja-in-skyrim/page-2797

It sounds like the cause of the crash for the Vilja mod was a dialogue condition being checked against a statue - in this case IsSneaking.  Not sure if Devious Followers uses the same condition, but if so it might be worth trying to remove that condition and see if ctd's still happen on statue activators.

Is does..... cause I copied a lot of conditions when i started the mod not really thinking.

I have removed em and LAL activator works.... I'm guessing all activators will work on when I upload next version. (sorting it now)

I've added another mod comaptiblity feature..... which might create bugs so yea, you'll probably lose a bug to gain more but in the long run DF will be more compatible with other mods!

5 minutes ago, Kalthen said:

Yeah I am taking a closer look at it now. And realise your points. 

I am starting fresh anyway. In my last save... too many formIDs got messed up. I think I accidently cleaned a bit too much with Fallrim. (nothing to do with DF). It is beyond my likes of cleaning properly anymore. I am chucking RDS, too. Would have to incorporate your patch in seperate one in addition. Not worth the hassle to run with IMO. I'll just loose some flavour... I'll live fine;)

RDS? i thought about making a patch for RDO but this would be quite the shitz as i would need to make one for DF & DF-EFF and find a way to maintain those. A bit to much imo.

4 minutes ago, CGi said:

@Lozeak What do you think about the Dynasty White Armor as light whore armor?
it's permissions are really loose too.
Those 2 options would serve your expectations in such an armor in my opinion:

Reveal hidden contents

6983-1-1327612249.jpg 6983-3-1327447083.jpg

No body slide.

But I added support for people to add there own custom armor in DFWHOREARMOR folder and enabling in via MCM.