1 hour ago, Inawen_ll said:

AFAIK you need a "clean save" @chuBBies1 . So you probably either need a genuine clean save (w/out DF data on it) or attempt to clean it by yourself using whatever software that does that (I don't remember which one... maybe TESVEdit? But don't quote me on that I haven't ever done that ?)

Yeah I was thinking that was the case. I do that every once and while, and especially if I'm directed to do so. I was just making sure that was the case.

18 hours ago, Hanshurtig11 said:

Strange, i cant even find that file in my installation. Maybe its only created after the mod starts properly. Could you be so kind and paste the full path, maybe i am just not awake yet to find it ;)  (down from /Skyrim would be enough)

Sure:) path is here ..\Skyrim\Data\skse\plugins\Lozeak Device Controller

18 hours ago, Black Justicar said:

Basic use... for Users (Modder will need to explain this to users!!!)
If you delete a device in ../Lozeak Device Controller/Device Settings.json it will never be used.
If you delete a set in ../Lozeak Device Controller/Device Settings.json it will never be used.
If you delete Delete This To Rebuild Item List in Delete This To Rebuild Item List in ../Lozeak Device Controller/Device Settings.json the next time init() is used it will rebuild this list (AKA start a new game and wait! if the modder has used init() correctly

CompletedAddingAddtionalContent("Unique mod name")

Once this is done all mods that use this script even if it's on their own quest will use your items.
The user can delete them from the list.

I think you need to delete this line: "Delete This To Rebuild Item List"

thank u so much, i'll try to see if its gonna work or not

8 hours ago, Lozeak said:

I have fixed it in 2.01b.

It could have been the issue with SOME games not working.

CTD issues.

I need to know if it is when you Load a game or Load skyrim

If it is when you load a game does disabling Devious followers fix it.

Include load order if it does fix it in report.

Mod not starting

So maybe it will with 2.01b.

So far I have not nailed the problem because it seems to be a user environment thing. I would like to find out what is causing it though.

There is a chance it's has something to do with Device controller.

If your game isn't building Device setting.Json in ....Data\SKSE\Plugins\Lozeak Device Controller and it's not working let me know.

I have a feeling what I did was maybe too much for some people's skyrim since my is set up to be as stable as possible.

try these skyrim.ini tweaks....

[Papyrus]

fUpdateBudgetMS=2.0

fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=2.0

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=2000.0

iMinMemoryPageSize=256

iMaxMemoryPageSize=1024

iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=115200

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

bLoadDebugInformation=0

and let me know if that fixes your issues. 

I'll keep looking as I get more free time!

thank u so much, but seems that it still don't work...i start a new game and the JSON rebuilt, after playing for a few while when i S/L, the JSON rebuilt again...

delete the devices in the JSON never works, i can't tell if the JSON can not control the devices at all or its malfunction because it got rebuilt all the time.

(btw, i edit it with notepad and JSON editor online, will that be the issue?)

image.png.e3d22f303963107239c6d10f3905b2b9.png 

(after playing a few while when i S/L...the rolling message...)

Thx for keep tracking

There is a chance it's has something to do with Device controller.

If your game isn't building Device setting.Json in ....Data\SKSE\Plugins\Lozeak Device Controller and it's not working let me know.

[

No such folder/file after the update (and none before) regards

Also if you're using MO/MO2 it should first go in the overwrite folder.

Edit: Other thing i note in TES5Edit when looking at conflict losers. I sorted my load order with LOOT, but DF loses to these (my guess is it's accidental world edit?):

Spoiler

DF_worldspace.png.b1dba82ea6ae9707c1578e05b1dc6587.png

Worth adding you need latest;

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/21484-devious-devices-integration-42-2018-11-01/

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1305-devious-devices-expansion/

Also here is a completed Device Settings.Json put this in "Data\SKSE\Plugins\Lozeak Device Controller" (create folder if it's not made)

Then start a new game!

See if that helps. Got to work will look into more solutions tomorrow!

Device Settings.json

I tried the latest version with as clean save as i can ever make. It was made with completely modless Skyrim played to finished dragon quest, staying at Breezehome with no followers active, but Lydia nearby ready to be added. I copied the save to a profile with very barebones DD mods needed for this and enabled them, and doing ingame MCM configs, then saved. Then enabled this yesterday's version DF (it's very last in load order) and loaded game again. I had gone as far as cleaned all existing DF settings from SKSE folder, so i only used default settings on everything.

I can see the mod attempting to start, i see those "I hope you don't try to cheat me like other adventurers" repeating, and i tried Debug menu's reset and add followers but nothing works. Follower does not ever have "Click me" or any debt related dialogs. Maybe you can find something from that log, and if my device settings look as it was meant to be.

Device Settings.json

Papyrus.0.log

Thank you for this mod! I’ve been playing around with it and I had a question. 

Basically I just want to set it up that, when I go enough in debt my follower sells me off to simple slavery (basically ignoring deals, money management, etc). But when I was toying around with it, I couldn’t get the SS event to trigger! There are a lot of threshold sliders and some of them were confusing me a bit, so is there any advice on how to set this up?

10 hours ago, aventadorlp670 said:

thank u so much, but seems that it still don't work...i start a new game and the JSON rebuilt, after playing for a few while when i S/L, the JSON rebuilt again...

delete the devices in the JSON never works, i can't tell if the JSON can not control the devices at all or its malfunction because it got rebuilt all the time.

(btw, i edit it with notepad and JSON editor online, will that be the issue?)

image.png.e3d22f303963107239c6d10f3905b2b9.png 

(after playing a few while when i S/L...the rolling message...)

I'll look at the script again. I am currently pushing fixes without checking some stuff.

3 hours ago, Zaflis said:

I tried the latest version with as clean save as i can ever make. It was made with completely modless Skyrim played to finished dragon quest, staying at Breezehome with no followers active, but Lydia nearby ready to be added. I copied the save to a profile with very barebones DD mods needed for this and enabled them, and doing ingame MCM configs, then saved. Then enabled this yesterday's version DF (it's very last in load order) and loaded game again. I had gone as far as cleaned all existing DF settings from SKSE folder, so i only used default settings on everything.

I can see the mod attempting to start, i see those "I hope you don't try to cheat me like other adventurers" repeating, and i tried Debug menu's reset and add followers but nothing works. Follower does not ever have "Click me" or any debt related dialogs. Maybe you can find something from that log, and if my device settings look as it was meant to be.

Device Settings.json 19.1 kB · 0 downloads

Papyrus.0.log 124.5 kB · 1 download

Are you using Aft or Eff or anyother follower mod?

Hello

I do have a little problem: I've just been enslaved, and my master made me wear mittens/pawns, that i had to put on myself, and then a complete chain prisonner harness has been added, and i'm supposed to wear the Town Collar inside cities, but i can't as I'm already wearing the chains.

How am I supposed to deal with this ?

1 hour ago, Lozeak said:

Are you using Aft or Eff or anyother follower mod?

Similar, but to my knowledge the simplest one of them all; Increased Follower Limit

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36132/

It has a .bsa so i don't know what it contains, but it's really small mod and DF comes after it in loading order anyway. And i only had 1 follower active when trying DF (0 when it was installed).

Edit: I tried without the follower mod but no dice.

2.01b works in one of my profiles no problems. This profile is one I made like 11-11-2011, I mean it is a really old profile, but everything works fine, I did not even have legendary version when this profile was made, but 2.01b it works fine in it.

but in the newer profile made when I first got legendary edition it refuses to get past the "I hope you don't try to cheat me", as has been said the [ClickMe] never appears.

The log on the failed install has these sort of errors

Error: Unable to link types associated with function "RemoveFollower" in state "" on object "_dflowfollowercontroller".
 Error: Unable to link types associated with function "AddFollower" in state "" on object "_dflowfollowercontroller".Unable to link types associated with function "AddFollower" in state "" on object "_dflowfollowercontroller".

Error: Unable to link type of variable "::QQ_var" on object "QF__DflowGames_0A0110DC"

ERROR: Unable to bind script QF__DflowGames_0A0110DC to _DflowGames (5C0110DC) because their base types do not match

Which are or appear to be like the ones "setokiaba" is getting.  I have tried many thing's but that profile refuses to function correctly. I did check many things making sure both profiles have the same .INI settings, and moving DF up, and down in the load order.  Very puzzling, both profiles have the same mod's It is perplexing for sure.

Just so you know in the profile that it is working in, everything seems to function very well.

but it appears that a script is getting shut down, or the functions, many of them suddenly decide not to work in the profile where it does not work. These errors pop up prior to "VM is Thawing" which is where you actually enter the game everything before that is just testing, and normally means nothing, but in this case it is showing something wrong. Errors also pop up after "VM is thawing", but most of those seem to be warnings after i enter the game.

Game does not crash, plays well and all of that, but the follower dialogue never gets the [clickMe] dialogue, and DF never starts doing its thing, and of course as _dflow never reaches stage 10, the MISC dialogue continues to pop up every so often with the "Hope you don't try to cheat me".

But why it only happens in one profile, and not the other is puzzling for sure.

1 hour ago, Hellethia said:

Hello

I do have a little problem: I've just been enslaved, and my master made me wear mittens/pawns, that i had to put on myself, and then a complete chain prisonner harness has been added, and i'm supposed to wear the Town Collar inside cities, but i can't as I'm already wearing the chains.

How am I supposed to deal with this ?

I think I have had that happen you might try having your master remove the chains, if they can, then you can place the town collar on.

EDIT >>> Dialogue should be something like "can you help me with these devices" May cost money if you are broke, you may have to resort to giving your self money with the console. or may have to leave town get in a dungeon or wilderness area.

EDIT >>>>> you could also use the DDI fail safe in debug to remove all Items, but that may make you have to ask the master to give them back to you as you tell them you lost them.  I wish DDI did like Kenjokas "Slaverun", and allowed you to pick, and choose what you wanted to remove.

@galgat , @Hellethia  DF can't remove trivial devices like cuffs, collars or chastity. I had a problem when i had DCL's Sasha dominate and put quest belt on. Then DF wanted to put iron plug, which wasn't possible. You just either have to pay off the deal or turn off DF from MCM menu for time being.

There would be a couple ways around that:

- If mod checked if it is possible to wear a device before enforcing that kind of deal and then try another deal instead, but it's a complicated thing to do maybe.

- Mods might be able to bypass the DD's rules and wear plug. If player is on plug deal there could be dialog option "Could you put the plug in me, i cannot do it myself?"

- For town collar the deal could be extended to count body restraints that cover the collar slot. Some leather harnesses and chains do that.

And of course if you have chastity bra on you can't put piercings. Same with belt preventing those piercings.

41 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

@galgat , @Hellethia  DF can't remove trivial devices like cuffs, collars or chastity. I had a problem when i had DCL's Sasha dominate and put quest belt on. Then DF wanted to put iron plug, which wasn't possible. You just either have to pay off the deal or turn off DF from MCM menu for time being.

There would be a couple ways around that:

- If mod checked if it is possible to wear a device before enforcing that kind of deal and then try another deal instead, but it's a complicated thing to do maybe.

- Mods might be able to bypass the DD's rules and wear plug. If player is on plug deal there could be dialog option "Could you put the plug in me, i cannot do it myself?"

- For town collar the deal could be extended to count body restraints that cover the collar slot. Some leather harnesses and chains do that.

And of course if you have chastity bra on you can't put piercings. Same with belt preventing those piercings.

I understand that, i think there problem was with the Chains that the master in DF puts on you when they get mad, at your not paying them, and DDI's removal will remove everything. But I use it as a last resort.

Anyway if the chains were placed on them by the DF master then it is quite possible that the DF master can remove them. These chains are the ones that reach from the collar through the cuffs to the feet. If I understood them right they are the ones they needed to remove.

well I am even more puzzled on the [clickMe] not showing up now..LOL

I decided to grab the save from the profile that was not working, and place it in the Profile that is working.

And low, and behold everything work's fine with the saved game from the other non working Profile, in the profile that is working, so I must have something different in that other profile, and at this time I have no Idea what that could be.

I have made sure that both profiles have the same INI files. Not sure what else I need to check, but any how one profile functions fine no matter what save I place in it, so it has to be something I have different in that other Profile.  ( But I have no Idea what is different ). I will look some more as I have time.

EDIT >>> So what I am saying is it is not the save file that is causing the non working profile to not function, but something Else that is different in the profile it's self.

EDIT >>> There is one difference I noticed between the two profiles so far, I think minor, and would have nothing to do with it, but I am using SlaveTats-1.2.3 in the working profile, and SlaveTats-1.3.0-beta-2 in the non working profile, I truly doubt that would make the difference, but I am still looking for differences.

14 hours ago, Zaflis said:

Device Settings.json 19.1 kB · 1 download

Papyrus.0.log 124.5 kB · 5 downloads

Getting the same errors.  And looking at your Papyrus, seeing the same things pop up.  Utilizing EFF and never had problems before.  Disabled EFF with a brand new game and had the same issues.  Reverted back to 1.72 and started a new game and everything seemed to work fine.  

6 hours ago, galgat said:

well I am even more puzzled on the [clickMe] not showing up now..LOL

I decided to grab the save from the profile that was not working, and place it in the Profile that is working.

And low, and behold everything work's fine with the saved game from the other non working Profile, in the profile that is working, so I must have something different in that other profile, and at this time I have no Idea what that could be.

I have made sure that both profiles have the same INI files. Not sure what else I need to check, but any how one profile functions fine no matter what save I place in it, so it has to be something I have different in that other Profile.  ( But I have no Idea what is different ). I will look some more as I have time.

EDIT >>> So what I am saying is it is not the save file that is causing the non working profile to not function, but something Else that is different in the profile it's self.

EDIT >>> There is one difference I noticed between the two profiles so far, I think minor, and would have nothing to do with it, but I am using SlaveTats-1.2.3 in the working profile, and SlaveTats-1.3.0-beta-2 in the non working profile, I truly doubt that would make the difference, but I am still looking for differences.

So basically, It has something to do with the script needing something that isn't there. 

The game starts and error with script means all the properties don't fill correctly and hence the mod never move on because while the dialouge may work the script that should fire can't meaning nothing moves on.

Installing 1.72 then going to 2.0w/e should get past this but the mod will break cause there are so many differences (I think)

Why it does this... likely something to do with compatible 'fixes' I added for EFF/ATF!

Or I forgot something when I uploaded the mod.

6 hours ago, galgat said:

I have made sure that both profiles have the same INI files.

What about DFlow position in load order.

I tried to find which mod conflict with DF by moving DF in various places in load order. So when I place it to 100 priority it's work but on 102 not work. But between 100 and 102 I have SkyUI and ENB patch. Next I moved this mods so I had DF on 100 SkyUI and ENB patch on 98,99. And DF work. Here I gave up cause I don't know wtf is going on.

4 minutes ago, GinPhoenix said:

What about DFlow position in load order.

I tried to find which mod conflict with DF by moving DF in various places in load order. So when I place it to 100 priority it's work but on 102 not work. But between 100 and 102 I have SkyUI and ENB patch. Next I moved this mods so I had DF on 100 SkyUI and ENB patch on 98,99. And DF work. Here I gave up cause I don't know wtf is going on.

I made sure they both had the same load order, the profile that works actually has a lot more mods in it, as I have the city and town expansions, and some beautification mods in it, but other than that I kept the load order the same.

I did leave XPMSE.esp active in the one that works, I do normally just leave it installed, and unchecked as I have no need for it in my mod list ( the groovtama skeleton is all I really want, not the esp ), but it is on in the Profile that is working, and I did not turn it off.  ( I did try to activate it in the Profile that is not working to see if that would help [ Grabbing at straws ], but it made no difference. )

I keep looking, but so far have found no real difference between the two profiles that would cause this problem, but I am happy to be able to use the more complete save file from the failed Profile in the profile that works with no problems, so it is something to do with how the profile is set up, I am just not sure what that difference is.

But as best I can tell it has nothing to do with the saved game.

It could be and activation order, as in how you can activate one mod, and that mod can overwrite <<<EXAMPLE >>> XPMSE, and cause major error's. (Just and example)  But if that were the case I might have to juggle around the turning off of mods in the left hand side of MO, and turning one on before the other could maybe make a difference, but the time lost doing that could be tremendous.

However when I check the overwrite of software in TesEdit, I don't really see anything that would be a major problem, in fact my load order is so lean there are very few overwrites. About the only one of consequence would be allowing Naturalistic XMLs for HDT PE v3.68_A to overwrite XPMSE so the genitals open and close properly.  Other than that I just don't see any major over writes. ( But both profiles do that, so that is not a problem ).

Still looking though :)

Uploaded another version no idea if it will fix things.

Please try it on a new game and if it doesn't work send me a log!

The thing about Load order and Devious followers I don't see how that would cause the errors that are happening.