1 hour ago, Terakando said:

Anyway...I think something goes wrong with this follower mod. All works fine without it and its always the same crash. The same moment, the same action.

I will test it a little bit more. I will deatcivate all other mods but the necessary

When you say other mods play animations fine, do you mean bound animations, or non-bound ones?

And when DF crashes your game, are any of the participants bound? Or is a creature involved?

DF does nothing special with animations. Really. Nothing at all. The only quirk is the crawling animation, and I doubt you're even triggering that.

Or are you?

Does this problem happen while your character is a DF slave? There are several special things about that state.

It's most likely the problem is correlated with DF, but not due to it specifically.

There are games in DF that use creature animations, for example. Those do not work well if you do not have appropriate creature animations installed or enabled for it to use.

I can imagine a CTD from a mismatched creature skeleton, if DF was the only thing triggering creature animations.

DF used to have a CTD bug related to talking activators, but I believe it is fixed, and wouldn't have anything to do with sex scenes anyway.

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

When you say other mods play animations fine, do you mean bound animations, or non-bound ones?

And when DF crashes your game, are any of the participants bound? Or is a creature involved? 

DF does nothing special with animations. Really. Nothing at all. The only quirk is the crawling animation, and I doubt you're even triggering that.

Or are you?

Does this problem happen while your character is a DF slave? There are several special things about that state.

It's most likely the problem is correlated with DF, but not due to it specifically.

There are games in DF that use creature animations, for example. Those do not work well if you do not have appropriate creature animations installed or enabled for it to use.

I can imagine a CTD from a mismatched creature skeleton, if DF was the only thing triggering creature animations.

DF used to have a CTD bug related to talking activators, but I believe it is fixed, and wouldn't have anything to do with sex scenes anyway.

I mean both, unbound and bound.

I think I have an idea.

I unchecket foreplay in Sexlab and it works! I test several animations with several npcs and it works fine.

Then I talk to a follower again and start the mod. I stressed the system a little bit, made deals without end. I was still unbound, only belt, boots, gag and so on. But I could move free.

But than the game crashes again, as a sexlab animation should play.

There were no creatures arround or involved. All the tests I made outside whiterun. The last with crash in the Inn there.

But why it works at the beginning with unmarked 'foreplay' option? I can tell, that definitly NOT works with the option activatetd

----new edit----

Ok I found the 2. crash error!

The boots are the reason. The npc gave me those transparent boots. Now, if an animation should be played it crashs.

BUT again I can unmark an option in Sexlab and it works.

This time it's the option, that adjust the size of actors. I don't know how it named in english, cause I play the german versions.

So...the two options causes ctds to me:

Foreplay and these actor size adjust thing. I test it 8 times. 4 with options activatet 4 without them.

59 minutes ago, Terakando said:

I unchecket foreplay in Sexlab and it works! I test several animations with several npcs and it works fine.

Then I talk to a follower again and start the mod. I stressed the system a little bit, made deals without end. I was still unbound, only belt, boots, gag and so on. But I could move free.

But than the game crashes again, as a sexlab animation should play.

There were no creatures arround or involved. All the tests I made outside whiterun. The last with crash in the Inn there.

But why it works at the beginning with unmarked 'foreplay' option? I can tell, that definitly NOT works with the option activatetd

I don't think I've seen anything like it.

What did you use to test animations? Did you play by tags, or by name? Or use a mod, in which case it might matter whether it uses tags or not.

Obviously, disabling foreplay would stop those animations being considered - it may be the consideration process that is crashing, not the playback.

And DF may specify different tags, and that causes some bad data to be examined...

But it's completely speculation?

Maybe the issue is something related to corrupt json files in your animation installs?

Is this a new game, where you're just adding DF onto the end of the LO for testing?

If you're using MO. You might try getting rid of SLAL packs, make a new game, try again, see if it happens.

Could also try re-installing SexLab and Zaz in the above case, so you know the remaining animations are all in good order.

Or maybe you have a FNIS related issue? Always worth re-running FNIS if you didn't try it.

55 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

I don't think I've seen anything like it.

What did you use to test animations? Did you play by tags, or by name? Or use a mod, in which case it might matter whether it uses tags or not.

Obviously, disabling foreplay would stop those animations being considered - it may be the consideration process that is crashing, not the playback.

And DF may specify different tags, and that causes some bad data to be examined...

But it's completely speculation?

Maybe the issue is something related to corrupt json files in your animation installs?

Is this a new game, where you're just adding DF onto the end of the LO for testing?

If you're using MO. You might try getting rid of SLAL packs, make a new game, try again, see if it happens.

Could also try re-installing SexLab and Zaz in the above case, so you know the remaining animations are all in good order.

Or maybe you have a FNIS related issue? Always worth re-running FNIS if you didn't try it.

Friend, believe me: I never seen anything like this too. x) It's a little bit frustrating, but intresting in the same way.

I test the animations with the sexlab debug spell on targets, wich force a random animation. And I use the common way with your mod. In other words: I wait till my follower or npc use my character.

And it's a new game. I installed the step files and then the non step files.

I don't know much about json files. I'm not a modder, just a person who reads MANY readmes and manuels x) And thanks to the try and error proceeding I could find many answers since skyrim release^^

And I tried that things with FNIS. Also build the skyproc patch again.

Maybe I will realy have to delete all mods and test it with a new mod list.

But..you seid: Zaz. Zaz animation pack? I don't know that this is a requierement?

Porblem solved! Jesus....thanks for saying json files.

It remembers me to check Dual sheaths reduxe.

This damn patcher does the same things as FNIS in MO2. If you dont uncheck the patch, it reads the files and does nothing. No update of the mods.

There is something in the overwrite folder but...just empty folders.

So uncheck patch, rebuild it and it works. I know this because of FNIS...but I don't think about it :( Thanks again for talking about json files x)

edit

No ok..still happens. Well ok, I'll build it all new, but not today

MO and MO2 have a lot of problems with FNIS output.

It's FNIS fault really, because it partially generates all new files for each update, and partially overwrites existing files.

This results in contamination between your base FNIS install and your outputs.

So, if like a sensible person, you want just ONE fnis install in your MO, but multiple output sets, you need to do ... some special things.

I think MO/2 could have used an option to force ALL new file writes for a given mod into the overwrite folder, but no such option, so you have to fix things yourself.

Instead of running FNIS directly from MO, I run cmd32 (from MO, so it uses the virtual file-system) and then run this batch file: RunFNIS.bat

Put it in the FNIS install's "tools" folder. Go into that folder in cmd prompt, and run it from there.

It does some redundant stuff too, but I think it fixes the contamination issues, where running FNIS on one profile can corrupt the FNIS outputs for another because they are both sharing a file written in the main FNIS mod itself.

Maybe you already handle this issue somehow, and it's probably not the cause of your issue ... but it's worth bearing the hazard in mind, at least.

5 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

MO and MO2 have a lot of problems with FNIS output.

It's FNIS fault really, because it partially generates all new files for each update, and partially overwrites existing files.

This results in contamination between your base FNIS install and your outputs.

So, if like a sensible person, you want just ONE fnis install in your MO, but multiple output sets, you need to do ... some special things.

I think MO/2 could have used an option to force ALL new file writes for a given mod into the overwrite folder, but no such option, so you have to fix things yourself.

Instead of running FNIS directly from MO, I run cmd32 (from MO, so it uses the virtual file-system) and then run this batch file: RunFNIS.bat

Put it in the FNIS install's "tools" folder. Go into that folder in cmd prompt, and run it from there.

It does some redundant stuff too, but I think it fixes the contamination issues, where running FNIS on one profile can corrupt the FNIS outputs for another because they are both sharing a file written in the main FNIS mod itself.

Maybe you already handle this issue somehow, and it's probably not the cause of your issue ... but it's worth bearing the hazard in mind, at least.

In MO I just create a separate file with the profile name incorporated into that file name and place the files that FNIS writes to overwrite folder in that file. You have to uncheck it and delete it each time you run FNIS for MO remembers the prior profile setting until its deleted so a new file is a must. Having a different name for each profile setting reminds you to not check that mod active for other profiles and it seperates the profile files in order to avoid corruption. Its a lot easier way of doing it.

2 hours ago, BigOnes69 said:

In MO I just create a separate file with the profile name incorporated into that file name and place the files that FNIS writes to overwrite folder in that file. You have to uncheck it and delete it each time you run FNIS for MO remembers the prior profile setting until its deleted so a new file is a must. Having a different name for each profile setting reminds you to not check that mod active for other profiles and it seperates the profile files in order to avoid corruption. Its a lot easier way of doing it.

You should probably re-read what I said before. FNIS install is the mod installation of FNIS. When I talk about having one I do not mean the output file mods (which I referred to as output sets). Output file mods HAVE to be unique per-profile.

However, what you're doing won't work because of the issue I described above. It may well be a cause of problems for you.

FNIS generation under the MO file-system corrupts BACK into the root installation of FNIS, so without doing something like I do, you must have a completely distinct installation of the FNIS mod for each profile, as well as separate outputs. It's due to the rules that MO uses to associate file modifications.

Possibly some people make their outputs "belong" to their FNIS install, and stick them in there, but that's just silly. There is no guide for FNIS in MO that I know of that suggests doing it, and you don't do it either, so let's ignore that broken case.

The guides all say make a new mod from the output results... Which is what you do, but...

As I just described for the second time, THAT DOESN'T WORK PROPERLY if you have multiple profiles, unless you make a completely new FNIS installation for each one (and by that I mean you must re-install the FNIS mod for EVERY profile you have, under a different name, for example, with the profile name added).

If you don't want two FNIS mods (the install and the output) for every profile you have, then you need to do what I do and remove the files that back-corrupt the FNIS mod installation and put them in the overwrites folder (where you always wanted them to be) so you can make a completely clean new mod with ALL the outputs of the FNIS run in it, and not just the ones that happened to end up in the overwrite by luck.

That is what the .bat file is for. Did you read it? Did you follow what it does and why? I suggest you do that; it will save you a lot of pain with FNIS ... like the pain you are having now.

So, yes, it sounds like your FNIS generation process is flawed, and your profiles will have back-corrupted your root FNIS install.

Like I said, MO and MO2 have a lot of problems with FNIS, and this one is a real trap for users because FNIS shouldn't work in a way that causes this to happen; it was avoidable. Overwriting a pre-existing file that's part of the distribution is a big no-no with MO. But that is what FNIS does, and it can cause real problems in cases where your profiles are different enough.

Of course, if your profiles have much the same things in, you might go a long way before you see a problem.

This actually used to be much worse, but in the newer FNIS versions it's really only one file that causes issues.

Hey, Lozeak! 
I love the mod, it's quickly become one of my favorites, and I was hoping I could request a piece of functionality. I kinda like to mix Loverslab content into pseudo-regular playthroughs, so the only downfall this mod has is that 95% of the time when I pay off a follower, another follower immediately triggers debt again.  I would love to be able to set a timer between clearing debt and when a follower triggers debt the next time, and even better would be if there was a way to set a default starting value for non-integrated debt starts.  There's the sliders for DEC, but perhaps we could get those for just normal debt starts?

With this, I'd be able to play kinda as normal, and then every now and then a follower could decide that they haven't been getting enough loot or whatever, start the debt dialogue, and if I (or others) don't have enough money, then we're in trouble!

Thanks again for the work you've done here already!

22 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

You should probably re-read what I said before. FNIS install is the mod installation of FNIS. When I talk about having one I do not mean the output file mods (which I referred to as output sets). Output file mods HAVE to be unique per-profile.

However, what you're doing won't work because of the issue I described above. It may well be a cause of problems for you.

FNIS generation under the MO file-system corrupts BACK into the root installation of FNIS, so without doing something like I do, you must have a completely distinct installation of the FNIS mod for each profile, as well as separate outputs. It's due to the rules that MO uses to associate file modifications.

Possibly some people make their outputs "belong" to their FNIS install, and stick them in there, but that's just silly. There is no guide for FNIS in MO that I know of that suggests doing it, and you don't do it either, so let's ignore that broken case.

The guides all say make a new mod from the output results... Which is what you do, but...

As I just described for the second time, THAT DOESN'T WORK PROPERLY if you have multiple profiles, unless you make a completely new FNIS installation for each one (and by that I mean you must re-install the FNIS mod for EVERY profile you have, under a different name, for example, with the profile name added).

If you don't want two FNIS mods (the install and the output) for every profile you have, then you need to do what I do and remove the files that back-corrupt the FNIS mod installation and put them in the overwrites folder (where you always wanted them to be) so you can make a completely clean new mod with ALL the outputs of the FNIS run in it, and not just the ones that happened to end up in the overwrite by luck.

That is what the .bat file is for. Did you read it? Did you follow what it does and why? I suggest you do that; it will save you a lot of pain with FNIS ... like the pain you are having now.

So, yes, it sounds like your FNIS generation process is flawed, and your profiles will have back-corrupted your root FNIS install.

Like I said, MO and MO2 have a lot of problems with FNIS, and this one is a real trap for users because FNIS shouldn't work in a way that causes this to happen; it was avoidable. Overwriting a pre-existing file that's part of the distribution is a big no-no with MO. But that is what FNIS does, and it can cause real problems in cases where your profiles are different enough.

Of course, if your profiles have much the same things in, you might go a long way before you see a problem.

This actually used to be much worse, but in the newer FNIS versions it's really only one file that causes issues.

I am not having problems with multiple profiles. I am running Enderal now with totally separate mods installed. I have a bunch of different profiles with different FNIS configurations. Each time FNIS is run it installs the files in overwrite. For me it has not corrupted the main FNIS file. I make sure the FNIS mod folder is clean to the original install. Everything in the overwrite goes into a separate folder for that specific profile. If I run FNIS for that profile again I delete the FNIS file for that profile restart MO after then run FNIS and then create a new file from overwrite and activate it. I then restart MO again. I have never had the problem you describe.

1 hour ago, BigOnes69 said:

I am not having problems with multiple profiles. I am running Enderal now with totally separate mods installed. I have a bunch of different profiles with different FNIS configurations. Each time FNIS is run it installs the files in overwrite. For me it has not corrupted the main FNIS file. I make sure the FNIS mod folder is clean to the original install. Everything in the overwrite goes into a separate folder for that specific profile. If I run FNIS for that profile again I delete the FNIS file for that profile restart MO after then run FNIS and then create a new file from overwrite and activate it. I then restart MO again. I have never had the problem you describe.

If you say so. But starting with a clean profile won't make any difference, unless they changed the replace/overwrite rules from MO to MO2, which would be surprising, but interesting.

You can easily check to see if your FNIS is really as virgin intacto as you claim by running Beyond Compare or similar against a brand-new FNIS installation. If it is, in fact, exactly the same bar the meta file, then you can happily ignore me. If you haven't done such a check ... how would you know your FNIS is unchanged?

I wonder if the FNIS overwrite issue is fixed with the latest FNIS's option to set an output path - no idea if it correctly uses that for everything, or if some original files may still be overwritten.

As to Devious Followers... it's lovely, but troubled, and a shame the author pleaded flakiness and warned he may not get back to it soon.  My latest issue: a new pared-down game, first follower, kindly managing my gold for me... and instead of modifying credit (I have heaps), she is adding debt.  There's no way to pay down the debt, nor to stop her managing gold (while I "owe her money"), nor can I dismiss the follower because I haven't paid the debt.  Resetting the mod lets me clear the follower, but debt is still recorded, and I can neither disable the follower from DF, nor re-recruit them into it - and now I have dialogue options both to recruit and to dismiss the follower (the latter of which remarks that I've been her slave, which... no I haven't).  Basically, I'm finding this mod unreliable, alas, in an otherwise-stable game.  A big help would be one big "reset all" button that truly clears all variables, stops all DF quests in some clean fashion, and restores the mod to pristine condition - the debug reset clearly does not.  I'm looking at an uninstall, clean, re-install, let's see how that goes.  What could go wrong?  :)

On 11/26/2018 at 5:43 AM, Lupine00 said:

If you say so. But starting with a clean profile won't make any difference, unless they changed the replace/overwrite rules from MO to MO2, which would be surprising, but interesting.

You can easily check to see if your FNIS is really as virgin intacto as you claim by running Beyond Compare or similar against a brand-new FNIS installation. If it is, in fact, exactly the same bar the meta file, then you can happily ignore me. If you haven't done such a check ... how would you know your FNIS is unchanged?

I compare files sizes of the original FNIS to the install zip. I just checked again. They are the same no changes. I am using the original MO for Skyrim LE. The original MO is what I am talking about. I use MO2 for SE, SRVR, FO4VR, FO4 so I do not know about those since I have only done preliminary setups for those and Sex mods are not as developed as I would like for play through. I think the magic is deleting and restarting MO then installing and creating new file then restarting MO again. It is a lot easier than what you describe. Maybe you have allowed some of the FNIS created files to stray to other folders, in that case it would rewrite into your file system causing the problems you describe.

1 hour ago, BigOnes69 said:

Maybe you have allowed some of the FNIS created files to stray to other folders, in that case it would rewrite into your file system causing the problems you describe.

No. Also, I'm not the only person that has reproduced this. It's been a thing for some time. As I said, it used to be worse, but in 7.4.5 it's almost fixed.

But I'll try your voodoo MO restart procedure and see if it makes any difference.

I find that running my batch file instead of simply running FNIS from the tools menu or wherever is not hard, so shutting down and restarting MO repeatedly is probably more trouble. However, I want to get to the bottom of this.

I felt like checking it, so I can confirm (through beyond compare) that several files are changed and removed - using MO2 v2.1.5 and FNIS 7.4.5. with FNIS creatures and FNIS spells, using only FNIS skeleton arm fix and NOT USING the FNIS file redirection option.

I downloaded a fresh FNIS with creatures and spells, and started with a clear overwrite folder.
Running FNIS with skeleton arm fix and no file redirection changed 16 hkx files in the main FNIS folder, deleted the meshes\actors\character\behaviors\bashbehavior.hkx and deleted the meshes\animationdatasinglefile.txt .
The two deleted files are not present in the overwrite folder either, nor in the creatures or spells folders. (I assume they are not needed, but those are still changes to the original installation.)

USING File redirection changes no files in the original FNIS installation.
It does leave several files in the overwrite folder (FNISmodList.txt and MyPatches.txt in tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users and a 54 various files in its temporary_logs folder) but otherwise redirected the output to the specified folder.
It didn't let me use the overwrite folder as the output folder, but that's fine, I'd use a new FNISoutput folder inside the mo2 mods folder anyway.
I also didn't check ingame whether it works or not, but I assume it would.

FNIS.ini says in its comments that it needs to be in the actual Skyrim\Data folder, but I checked the ini file as a MO2 mod in its separate folder, and both produced binary same results with no changes to original FNIS installation.

Note that FNIS.ini has its output path hardcoded with drive letter and all, so if you want to change your Skyrim location or mess with drive letters, you will need to change FNIS inis as well.

TL;DR: For different profiles you only need a different FNISoutput folder, all output folders with a FNIS.ini inside it pointing to its folder, and it should work seamlessly with file redirection.

19 hours ago, legraf said:

My latest issue: a new pared-down game, first follower, kindly managing my gold for me... and instead of modifying credit (I have heaps), she is adding debt.  There's no way to pay down the debt, nor to stop her managing gold (while I "owe her money"), nor can I dismiss the follower because I haven't paid the debt.  Resetting the mod lets me clear the follower, but debt is still recorded, and I can neither disable the follower from DF, nor re-recruit them into it - and now I have dialogue options both to recruit and to dismiss the follower (the latter of which remarks that I've been her slave, which... no I haven't).

same issue here, but only after I installed the

Devious Followers 1.71 Gold mode fix.7z

removing the fix will bring back the constant "gold add/remove" issue, but at least it seems that the gold management is working again

(not totaly sure tho, removed the fix on a running game, thats never a good idea^^)

8 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

removing the fix will bring back the constant "gold add/remove" issue, but at least it seems that the gold management is working again

(not totaly sure tho, removed the fix on a running game, thats never a good idea^^)

Should be fine. It's a script change with no ESP changes. You can change it back and forth without breaking your game. Might make odd things happen in DF though.

The way Lozeak chose to implement credit in gold control mode is different to "normal" credit.

The 1.71 change stops gold control updating in cases where it used to run.

When gold control updates are suspended, it means your gold control credit is locked away, invisible to the rest of DF.

Putting the 1.71 patch onto a running game, particularly if you have a follower recruited, and even worse a follower recruited and in gold control mode, will probably end badly.

I'll guess you weren't optimistic enough to do that, so...

Evidence seems to suggest 1.71 shuts off gold control updates in cases where some stuff that interacts with gold control thinks they should still be happening.

Another issue is that 1.71 doesn't have fix so that it shuts  down gold control when you Reset from debug.

I think I posted a patch for this issue ... I don't even remember now. I think I did, it's a trivial change anyway.

Even without it, you can still reset gold control. I posted console commands for that before too.

But I didn't post a general gold control fix - that requires quite a few changes - I can't work on DF beyond the most trivial things, because my version has ... deviated ... a bit and I don't want to nuke my version (or take the time to extricate it intact from my dev-machine setup, which is NMM based). In any case I'm trying to keep focus on SLD now.

If you want to fix your money, just give yourself cash with the console, or take it away. Easy.

11 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I'll guess you weren't optimistic enough to do that, so...

no I wasnt, but removing the patch on a running game made the gold game work again (as before)

adding gold didnt help if the follower doesnt remove the gold from PC with the 1.710 -Gold mode fix, while there is no dialog to play the debt (but its a good way to get enslaved while being rich^^)

lets try the 1.710a -Gold mode fix on a new game and see how it works

Hi Lozeak. I love this mod!

I notice a bug in the third stage with i'm a slut deal. I cannot pick the Tied option,

When i click on it if the option not tied is off  it turn on the not tied option and remove the tied version.

And i got a request for you. If it's possible for you with the Anal plug deal if you can re-add the option get

a bigger plug (Stage 2) like before the slutty outfit

Thank you!

7 hours ago, ff7sephiroth said:

Greetings i have to say i love this mod! i have a question thow. In the Mcm menu it says max tats on enslavement (mod needed) even thow i have tattoos mods installed. Is there a specific mod needed? Many thanks.

You need "RapeTattoos.esp"

Other follower mods/SD (MCM menu has pause and a dialogue toggle that should fix most issues tho)

Does this mean we shouldn't install additional followers?

Also, while I'm asking questions, how does this interact with S.L.U.T.S. Redux? I figure I'll need a way to make extra money for my followers yeah, and fast travel will be pricey right? ?

On closer inspection, I also saw that even though SlaveTats is working, I don't have the option for followers to apply tattoos.

31 minutes ago, TomTheCline said:

Does this mean we shouldn't install additional followers?

Also, while I'm asking questions, how does this interact with S.L.U.T.S. Redux? I figure I'll need a way to make extra money for my followers yeah, and fast travel will be pricey right? ?

No, in my experience this mod works with more custom followers than it doesn't.  That line is likely more meaning that you may have conflicts with some mods that add lots of lines to followers (like SD+ does), but DF has a "pause" option that temporarily suspends the mod if you run into something like that.

S.L.U.T.S. works fine for me with DF, but you may want to use the "pause" option in DF before you start a mission in SLUTS.  This is for two reasons:

- SLUTS takes away your money while you are "working", so you can't pay your follower other than adding more debt and

- SLUTS unequips certain devious device slots when you finish a run, which you may have rules with your follower for.  So unless you want to lose more money than you earned due to breaking the rules, I find it better just to pause DF and resume it once I'm free again and wearing any items required by rules.