Deadly Traps and curses

View File

DEADLY TRAPS AND CURSES

A little mod about amputations...

Thanks to : Hæretic (Amputator Framework), CPU (MCM script), asdasd123123 (Patch author), Delzaron (the original author), and Monoman (Amputator Framework Tweak)

Needed :
- ZAZ Animation Pack
- Amputator framework (of course !)

- Monoman's tweaked version of Amputator

How the mod works :

- Traps can ampute you or your follower.
- Rune Traps can cast Curses on you or everybody who will declench them.

- Some enemies (randomly chosen) can cast on you a curse when they die.

- Project : the Hound's curse : the deadly beast will track you everywhere, and turn your life into a living hell.

How to get rid of that :
- Curses strongly incapacitate the player, and can be removed only by amputation. Danica Pure Spring can do that for a small fee.
- The Brood Cave Shrine contains a furotub : the only way to heal amputations and curses without damages.... and not without risks.
- an MCM menu allow you to modify the chances to be curses/amputated, and to head amputations and curses.

Plans:

- Sacrifice something to convince the Hound to stop tracking you.
- Prosthetics devices. This may require patches to Amputator Framework though.

- Soft link to Kyne's Blessing?

- Check for Sexlab Survival so that player isn't getting amputated by both mods.

I don't have patreon, but I do accept paypal donations or donations through Nexus.

Feel free to contribute to Delzaron's patreon though, he absolutely deserves it.

Want to support me? Visit my Patreon ! https://www.patreon.com/Delzaron

Permissions :
You're allowed to use this mod code as you want. You're not allowed to upload this mod on another platform. Assets belongs to their original authors.

If you use this code in your own project, it would be lovely if you would credit Delzaron and/or myself.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/01/2017
  • Category
  • Requires
    sexlab, ZAZ, amputator framework, Dawnguard, Dragonborn
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Yes

Wow awesome! Is there any chance you'll have an MCM menu for setting % chance of amputation on traps? Because I rarely ever even step into one anyway so I would set it quite high and will it be compatible with Sexlab Parasites as you both use Danica the Healer?

Also is it possible that you can set amputation chance in combat from getting hit with an unblocked power attack? I know defeat uses similar setting for a chance to get knocked out.

Wow awesome! Is there any chance you'll have an MCM menu for setting % chance of amputation on traps? Because I rarely ever even step into one anyway so I would set it quite high and will it be compatible with Sexlab Parasites as you both use Danica the Healer?

Also is it possible that you can set amputation chance in combat from getting hit with an unblocked power attack? I know defeat uses similar setting for a chance to get knocked out.

DCL has a similar setting to make you drop your weapon and surrender from an unblocked power hit. It would be great if the "reason" you dropped your weapon was because you lost a hand.

i have a small problem when talking to danica about my cursed arm but i dont get the question to ask for amputating my arm it 

Are you cursed ? You need to have the arm curse spell for being amputated... Danica will not ampute you for nothing.

i do have an arm cursed she even says that but then the dialoge just stops

Does it have an MCM menu? And if not can settings be changed in an .ini or is an MCM menu coming soon?

Thanks for the mod!!

DCL has a similar setting to make you drop your weapon and surrender from an unblocked power hit. It would be great if the "reason" you dropped your weapon was because you lost a hand.

i have a small problem when talking to danica about my cursed arm but i dont get the question to ask for amputating my arm it 

Are you cursed ? You need to have the arm curse spell for being amputated... Danica will not ampute you for nothing.

i do have an arm cursed she even says that but then the dialoge just stops

MCM would be great, yes.... but I don't know how to do it. I'll talk to CPU about that (the idea is to set the chances for amputations and curses, and some debug options (regen boby, get curse, remove all curses).

DCL ?

I'll check Danica dialogues problems...

Thank you for creating this. I really like this idea, a "traps and dungeons can be deadly mutilate you" thing. Up to this point, I've always felt that traps didn't have enough consequences for how brutal they usually look. Huge swinging axes? Even those beartraps, I mean, that's gotta do more than hurt.

Thank you for creating this. I really like this idea, a "traps and dungeons can be deadly mutilate you" thing. Up to this point, I've always felt that traps didn't have enough consequences for how brutal they usually look. Huge swinging axes? Even those beartraps, I mean, that's gotta do more than hurt.

Yep... and if you get the amputation, you loose 80 health. That's deadly...

MCM would be great, yes.... but I don't know how to do it. I'll talk to CPU about that (the idea is to set the chances for amputations and curses, and some debug options (regen boby, get curse, remove all curses).

DCL ?

I'll check Danica dialogues problems...

There is a pretty extensive wiki page here that has a lot of tutorials and references on how to make an MCM page.

DCL = Deviously Cursed Loot by Kimy

So bear traps amputate my character even when they are already closed :D .... 

yes, the script works as "on activate"... even close or open.

Other traps use the same script (like the swinging blades)

The trap just looks closed :3

I'll have yet to try the mod. Yet.

Interesting mod. 

So, I ah, added your script to the bear trap and poison bear trap in MixedUpJims "Traps and Pitfalls" mod to make things more interesting because I know where all the vanilla traps are. 

And having amputation activate when bear traps are closed (not armed) is a bit of a pain in the ass. There are traps everywhere and sometimes they are placed in narrow corridors and the only way through is over the trap. 

So I added a couple of lines to the script so that amputations are not triggered when the trap is disarmed: 

TrapBear hitBase
Actor AkActorVictim

Event OnTriggerEnter(objectReference akActionRef)
	hitBase = (self as objectReference) as TrapBear
	If(HitBase.GetState() == "Open")
		AkActorVictim = akActionRef as Actor
		if akActionRef == playerref
			AmputeFootPlayer()
		elseif (AkActorVictim).IsInFaction(CurrentFollowerFaction)
			AmputeFootVictim()
		endif
	endif
Endevent

Disclaimer: I've only barely tested this on bear traps. Not sure what effect it has on other traps. 

Also there's some papyrus spam when amputation occurs but I *think* that's a problem with the amputation framework itself. Probably script properties missing from an older version in my save game.